Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

So jealous gee g what a great little sleeper you have :-) r was awake half the night last night, not cross just wide awake, I tried everything to put her back asleep but no haha
    Ah I don't believe You, so she's not getting the hang of giving mammy sleep :) well I suppose as long as she was not in bad form when she was awake Betsie. I'd say the only reason D slept so well was because he had his bath right before bed.
    How is everyone tOday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

No not getting the hang of letting mammy sleep but having a great day today, she is sleeping and feeding great today so can't complain. X

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

We had a fairly good night too , didnt get up til 2pm ha ha!! :) were pretty lazy the pair of us! I tried her for the first time with expressed milk from a bottle and she took it really well so tomorrow im planning on going into Limerick shopping and leaving C with my mother, Ive never been so excited about going shopping before :) Going to have a look at christening dresses too :)

That's good she likes her lazy days too pushkii :) ah that'll be nice going shopping for gown. I really must get organised now and book ours. I got as far as writing up a list of people that will be coming, one step closer I suppose:)
    That's great about her taking the expressed milk too, at least you can go and enjoy Your day. We're going for meal fri night, the one that we postponed. Can't wait:)

Pushki enjoy your few hours shopping tomorrow, I would love my mam lo be closer for that reason :-) its great that c took the bottle for you too,

Gee g enjoy your meal on Friday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aw betsie we were the same last night, she had an awful night just would not sleep no matter what, she just wanted to stay up and play! Got about 3 hours sleep. We finally got round to registering the birth today so she officially exists now woo!

GeeG I'll pm you my link now :)

Its a great feeling when they are registered isn't it :-) I got PPS number in the post yesterday and I cried :-)

Aww that's so cute betsie! Another little milestone reached :) yeah I started crying when H started to focus on my face :) it's such a lovely feeling of pride and joy! I've turned into such a softie haha

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Feeling a bit down today. I made the decision to stop the breastfeeding today. F was great yesterday, then we had another terrible night. I fed her today at 1.30, then 3 p.m. She was still crying at 4 pm. I made the bottle and she guzzled 4 oz's. My opinion is she had a growth spurt and I am not making enough for her. I feel guilty but if she is not satisfied what can I do? She settled herself off to sleep after the bottle!It will be interesting to see how she goes tonight.

Kin I had the same feeling last week when I stopped bf and I was upset for a few days too but once she was happy on the bottles and feeding well I figured it was for the best x chin up x x

• Advertisement

aw kin, try not to be upset. I don't know what it's like or how you feel as such as I bottle fed but as long as babs is happy and getting everything she needs it doesn't matter where it comes from x x x
    Nurse coming tomorrow afternoon, am mad to see what D weighs now, its been ages since he's been weighed.

Ah thanks girls. I think its because it's the last time I will breastfeed is the thing that's making me sad. Has anyone new joined the Facebook page yet or will I get a notification?

Pushkii joined, did you get a notification for that? October pm'd me link to her profile but it won't go to her page so we will have her soon :) we'll get everyone over there soon :)

No got no notification. Just checked and there are 4 members now, I sent her a friend request :)

Yeah I'm on the facebook page anyway :-)

Gee g was it you saying d was constipated the other day? I think r is a bit I have given her a bottle of cooled boiled water, is there anything else I could give her or do?

Yes it was surely, although I'm reading a lot online and also I asked over in newborn thread and I think their bowel movements can change pattern at this age and it says on baby websites they might only go few times a week. But I tRied the sugar in water, boiled couple of oz's of water and added about quarter of teaspoon of sugar or broWn sugar, think the brown meant to be better and let it cool obviously :) also, I lay him town and massaged his tummy in circles. And on newborn thread some of the mammy's there told me to move his legs in kind of bicycle movement gently which is meant to help keep things moving! Also, my mother had told me to put vaseline right on his bum,and a little bit in which just makes it easier for them. and he has had quite a few dirty one's to maKe up for it all since! :):) sorry for big long post ha ha.

And for tomorrow's lesson............
    Ha ha :)

Thanks gee g I just gave her boiled water didn't put any sugar in it, tmi her poo is very hard, she done 2 real small hard poos today,but it took her ages to do them, was horrible watching it x

Ah the pet,she might be just adjusting to formuLa too betsie ya never know

Yeah could be ill just keep an eye on her and see how she goes, x

• Advertisement

Woohoo Rachel had a poo this morning :-) never thought I would be so happy to see a poo haha :-)

Hope everyone is well this morning, we had a good enough might last night, slept from 10-1 then slept till 6 :-)

Ah good. Was it by herself or did u have to giVe something? We had an ok night too, ten til 2 then til 6. I feel shattered today,

I was moving her legs and rubbing her tummy and about 20mins later we had success, she was struggling for a few mins had a small hard poo then as I was changing her she done a normal poo x

Its hard when you feel tired isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Gee g how do i access the group from my fb page?
    Kinori it must be so tough when you feed for the last time but you did so well to do it for so long :-)

Haha its so funny how many conversations I have had about poo the last few weeks! Glad she managed to go eventually betsie.
    Kin try not to worry you gave your little one a great start xxx
    Dont think I got a notification about the fb page? Although I checked it on my phone which can be a bit dodgy sometimes, will check on the laptop later!

October I can't get your profile with the link you sent, not sure if it's a full link. Will you send it again and if it doesn't work I'll send you mine.
    it should bring it up if you search it at top of facebook page. On my phone there's a button on left that brings up a menu on left and I scroll down and it's listed there in groups pushki x

I was moving her legs and rubbing her tummy and about 20mins later we had success, she was struggling for a few mins had a small hard poo then as I was changing her she done a normal poo x

Its hard when you feel tired isn't it
    Yes very hard when you're tired. I could not wake this morn at all with him. Just went into shop and got my few bits so might have little nap while D is asleep. So going to have to6 invest in more blue clothes for him, woman in the shop kept referring to him as her even tho said what his name was :):)

And Im going to buy some hair bands or something for r coz she was called a boy yesterday :-(

Ha ha. People are so funny. I'd never say he or she if they weRe in neutral clothes, I'd be mortified if I called it wrong :) I have just lit my fire, first time in months. Its official, summer has gone! :(

• Advertisement

Go away, its a lovely day here went for a lovely walk, Sun is shining warm out too x

Advertisement