Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Id say your wrecked after all that going today so, at least your all sorted anyway :-) i must try finish my own shopping next week maybe id say, can't believe how close its getting now to the big day :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

I know the days are just fling by, thankfully the stomach has come and went but im still trying to stay safe with bottled water.
    Decided to give up on the ol galfer ant started taking spatone , ill let ye know how i get on the. But betsie if the heartburn is becoming unmanageable for you , ask them for tablet like losec .

Had a lovely day off today bought more wool for baby blanket, had to buy a phone charger as the cat ate whether one :-D got a few bits in shaws , little mittens sheets etc. And found a grand bag for the mat in their sale!
    Got my dad razorblades and gel and a few random bits as his 60th birthday is next weekend.

Went to homestore and more and got a lovely lavender memory foam mattress :-) i think i deserve a comy bed :-)
    Then to B and Q got a shelf handsome hooks. Have everything all the gear the paint and all for my and babs. room but too busy with work to do anything .

Id there anyone knitting their own baby blankets?
    Has everyone sorted out their rooms /nurseries? Bags packed anyone?! think im gonna wait another few weeks to pack.
    Isn't it amazing the way a baby is so small but the amount and bulk of their stuff takes up so much room.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday :-)
    Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

You're v organised pushki, No problems so far with the water in Limk city , but then again I usually drink it as coffee so its boiled anyway (v bold!).

I need to paint my room in time for baby but cant get a chance with work and the inconvienience of painting a room I need to sleep in.

My sis gave me a massive bag of newborn girls clothes so Im all sorted in that dept and will save me a fortune on babygros thank god.
    Im still waiting on people who i loaned bits to to return them (like cot, moses basket) they seem to be in no rush but I'm nesting like mad and want everything now even though ages to go yet.
    I just like to be prepared and i'll sleep easier.
    Next big purchase is a chest of drawers for babys clothes.
    Off to work now , I hate working Sundays , my feet are swelling terrrible and I have been getting foot cramps as I stand in work ( doing makeovers all day) for abot 10 hrs at a time, only get a 30 min break if i'm lucky. woa is me and all that:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Pushki, be careful with the spatone. I took it on my second pregnancy and my iron went very low. Look, it might work for you.

I laughed when I read your cat ate your phone charger, one of my little men smashed mine over the landing - he was fishing lol

I have my case and my labour ward bag all packed this evening. My bump must have popped in the past 24 hours too - 4 people asked me when was I due today.

Not really that organised tishandy just have a pile of things that haven't been opened yet.
    I figure in the next week or two ill start to sort stuff out . Just been too tired and busy lately.
    Kinori yey ! You've your bag packed! I really need to get started. Need to get a list from somewhere. I bought a bag yesterday and my parents laughed at how big it is. Its like a sports bag with wheels. But i always tend to overpack anyway, surely there isn't a size limit on bag size?
    Unless tis a ryanair maternity hospital :-P

My bellybuttin is also starting to pop?! Yuck will it go back to normal afterwards?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Baby's room is finished wanted to get it done before I was too big awkward and tired to do it.
    Hospital bag is ready to go as in all the stuff is laid out in baby's room but has to be placed into the bag!
    Started ante natal classes last week really enjoyed the first one.
    Feeling a bit dodgy today, light headed, it's not nice.
    Anyone getting tired again? Was wrecked yesterday, went for a walk and was so tired after it I slept for 2 hrs on the couch after it!

I don't take iron as I've not been told I needed it but I have heard from another girl that's pregnant she was taking the spatone and her iron levels were still low, don't think it's very good at all.

morning ladies, hope ye had all had a nice weekend,

i spent yesterday trying to sort out rooms upstairs have what will be the babys room cleared out now just to get all the baby stuff in there now so i have started, i have everything laid out to pack too and im going to wash the babys clothes tomorrow. im looking at all the stuff that i have to pack though and the size of my case and im starting to wonder how im going to fit everything in haha

glad your enjoyed your anti natal class SSFG i have my last one this wednesday, i cant believe how quick the weeks went, have to say i did enjoy them, found them helpful and got alot of information from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Ladies, ye sound like ye have been so busy, but like that I have been trying to get organised too, I have travel system sorted, after trying out every shop in west of ireland i purchase a mamas and papas that is compatible with maxi cosi car seat, so happy with purchase, have moses basket got, hope my little man likes it, heard some babies just prefer a cot, but felt a cot was just too big yet and at least I can carry moses basket around from room to room or pop in car if we are going visiting. PUSHKI, I may have to have a section too wont know till 36 weeks, according to midwife at antenatal classes if i have one i will be in hospital for 4-5 days and cannot drive for 6 weeks, one good thing about it, one has a date to go in so there is no waiting around or all that painful labour!!! but recovery is slower. anyway, had gp appt today, heard heart beat and all is well, asked could I have a blood count test taken as feeling more tired than usual, havent had to take iron either but will see how this result comes back. Am now 31 weeks 4 days, in single digits now about 8 weeks to go, yippee cant wait, have two antenatal classes done and 2 more to go, find them very imformative, had a tour of labour ward last week, it was very emotional hearing the new born babies cry. Oh and regarding breastfeeding, have purchased the dr browns bottles so guess im more leaning towards bottle feeding, I feel more comfortable with that choice, its a dilemma really, glad everyone is doing well.xx

Wow SSFG and betsie ye are really on the ball!! I really must start doing something. See baby will be sleeping in my room so there's a lot of hassle to move things out, clean carpet and paint the room. Im bad enough the moment not to mind having the smell of paint in my room :-(

Rose having a date set is definitely a plus with the section but in hospital for 4/5 days and not being able to drive for 6 weeks!!!! Oh god id feel like a caged animal. Also there's the problem of unwanted. Visitors coming to see me.:-(

One of my friends is really must bugging me saying she'll take a few weeks off work when i have the bab, its nothing against her but i want the experience to be stress and hassle free. I only want family to be there when the time comes.

Ya im feeling pretty exhausted and getting a lot of back pain , still feeling so thirsty and appetite is fading again. :-(

Pushki, did you have the diabetes test done? especially if you are sooooo thirsty. I get you about the whole visitors thing, I hope I only see family in the hospital. Id prefer to be in and out the next day but I know thats not going to happen, cant imagine myself sleeping in there. Bought glow in the dark soothers over weekend and left them on a shelf in my room, i woke up last night and I could see these two glowing what looked like eyes on the shelf and remembered they were the soothers!!!! ha ha. Its a good idea though, i remember babysitting my sisters kids and trying to find their soothers in the dark, giving up and turning on light!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I have to admit,sometimes I sneak into baby's room and just sit there for a while, I love it so peaceful. :o Not that it will be like that for long! ;)

Does anyone physically see their belly move, like ripples, so funny to watch...

Ah girls, its lovely to read how we are all going through the same thing :) The rippling tummmy, glow in the dark dodies, thirst, no appetite, popping belly button!

Pushki, I have a small case going. You would be surprised how bulky the maternity pads and disposable knickers can be lol!

On the visitor thing, I think you are better to have the visitors in the hospital. At least you don't have to be worried about the house being nice and tidy all the time and making tea! Some people have no cop on at all, they just appear at the door unannounced.

I had all my inlaws call the day I got home from the hospital with the first little man. Including a brother in law with 3 kids in tow poking and prodding at the baby. Me in a panic they would hurt him or pass on a cough or bug of some sort! I don't think I have got over that day yet. My Mother was only dead 5 weeks and my Mother in law opened my front door to welcome ME home to my Own home. All I wanted was my own Mother. After she left there was a constant flow of the inlaws until that night. Don't be afraid to say you don't want any visitors for the first few days at home especially the first day. It is such a special family time, a time you will never get back.

Sorry I have gone on a bit :o

Just woke up there the baby had.hiccups:-) so cute! It is pretty cool to see the movements . Not feeling them as often now but i think that's normal as the baby gets bigger?!
    no i didn't get tested for gestational. Diabetes rose, but there's no glucose in my urine.i will mention it at my next app.
    Having really strange dreams too!!

I love watching my tummy move around the place its great, oh loves it too :-)

today was just a day where i should of stayed in bed, been thinking of my dad a lot the last while, he passed away 7years ago, but there is so much going on at the moment in my life like the baby and we are planning our wedding too and i just wish he was still around,

anyone else getting braxton hicks, I have started to notice the odd one here and there.

Sorry to hear about your dad betsie, i think pregnancy makes us reflect on our lives but no doubt your little one will hear all about him from you when she's older. Hope you are well xx

thanks pushki, im ok just had a bad day yesterday is all. thanks though x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Had an appointment in the hospital yesterday, no scan but they are booking me in for one in next two weeks! Baby is measuring perfect for 30weeks and is head down!:D Better get packing ha ha. GTT results came back perfect thank god, I had myself all worried going in as I haven't been well the last few days but its all good! Hope everyone's in good form!x

Great news gee g, head down is good for 30 weeks, my little man is head down since week 28 and still is even though I have heard they may turn again, feeling a bit off today, still get sickness from time to time similiar to first trimester, think I need an early night.

pushki wrote: »
    Just woke up there the baby had.hiccups:-) so cute! It is pretty cool to see the movements . Not feeling them as often now but i think that's normal as the baby gets bigger?!
    no i didn't get tested for gestational. Diabetes rose, but there's no glucose in my urine.i will mention it at my next app.
    Having really strange dreams too!!

Pushki, according to midwife at antenatal classes you should feel at least 10 movements a day, should be kick counting at this stage, she also said baby will sleep of course but if you are concerned try to wake baby up with a gentle nudge:)

• Advertisement

Delighted gee g that baby is head down and GTT results were good :-)

Pushki are you doing your kick counts? Just make sure that you are feeling enough movements and if not ring your gp or the hospital.

I am feeling the movements but its like baby is asleep a lot of the movements time? I feel alot of movements after i eat. Will start counting the movements. Thirst is really something else im getting through about 4/5 litres a day and it still doesn't quench my thirst. Think i better go to my gp about it :-\

Well at least your feeling the movements anyway pushki, i would say it to gp about the thirst though, Im thirsty a lot but not as much as you by the sounds of it, just to be on the safe side x

I love watching my tummy move around the place its great, oh loves it too :-)

today was just a day where i should of stayed in bed, been thinking of my dad a lot the last while, he passed away 7years ago, but there is so much going on at the moment in my life like the baby and we are planning our wedding too and i just wish he was still around,

anyone else getting braxton hicks, I have started to notice the odd one here and there.

I know what you are going through Betsie only too well :/ It's always when there is a big family occasion the mind goes crazy wondering what if. Doesn't matter how long a parent is gone.

I have been having crazy Braxton Hicks today. I was getting worried around 6 o'clock. They kept coming, not painful but very uncomfortable. I lay down for 10 mins and have had none since :)

Is anyone else feeling pressure down low?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hugs to you betsie and kiniori, losing people close to us is never easy and I suppose the impending arrival of a baby is bound to make you think about them more. They will be looking down on you and smiling with pride x

I got braxton hicks on and off for a few weeks when I was around 5 or 6 months pregnant, haven't had them in a while now. Freaked me out the first time because I was swimming at the time and thought I'd somehow induced labour!

Had a horrible evening yesterday, made myself a sandwich and accidently used a chopping board that raw chicken had been cut on the day before and hadn't been cleaned, found out a few hours after eating the sandwich. Cue a major panic that I'd gotten food poisoning and that poor baby would be affected. Rang the emergency room in the Coombe and they were great, they said once I had no vomiting and diarrhoea then I shuldn't be concerned. So far so good, I felt so guilty though, even though it wasn't me who had used the chopping board for chicken. It was such a horribly feeling though, like damage had been done and there was absolutely nothing you can do at that stage to prevent it. So glad I rang the hospital though, they were great and really put my mind at ease.

Went shopping today for bits for the hospital bag, think I have everything I need now, just a case of motivating myself to organise it and pack it all...ugh. Those maternity pads and breast pads are pretty awful looking, nothing glamorous about giving birth I tell ya! We've finally made a decision on a travel system, going with the quinny buzz and gonna order it tomorrow. I swear I've never put so much research and thought into a purchase, it's worse than choosing a car!

Baby was head down at my last appointment, fingers crossed it stays that way. Does anyone else find their kicks are getting quite painful now? I find I almost jump or gasp with pain sometimes, I guess its just baby running out of space in there.

Question- does anyone know how long its ok to keep up exercising? I'm nearly 33 weeks now, and go swimming and walking a few times a week. I'd reckon I'd be grand with the walking up til the end, but I'm just a bit worried about if my waters were to go when swimming ha! Sorry this post is actually really long, hadn't been on in a while.

Id say October To keep up with the gentle exercise but don't overdo it, you'll need to conserve energy for your little bundle!

I was at ante natal class tonight and told her about all the water im drinking. Took my blood sugar it was grand so i think its just down to the baby or maybe im lacking some salts or electrolytes ! Im gonna demand a blood test next week.
    Don't think I've had them baron hicks yet not that im aware of anyway.
    Soo tired, back aching :-(

thanks a million ladies, its not easy but every day i look at all the pics of my dad and i tell him what im going through and how im feeling, might sound strange but i always talk to him, i was a real daddy's girl and i was only 20 when he passed away so i kinda feel like i lost out a bit, but my oh is amazing and he tries his best to understand what im going through and my family are great too...

some of the braxton hicks that i am getting are really taking my breath away, and i have to stop what im doing and at least try and sit down which is not always easy to do at work, and as for the kick they are killing me i often make a noise when she kick and oh kinda half freaks out asking me am i ok is everything ok, which is kinda sweet really :)

have some trouble getting a matress to fit the crib that i have gotten,i got it off my sister, the crib hasnt been used in 15 years but its fab, but the size of things have changed, i can get the right width but not the length, think i will just have to get it cut maybe i dont no really,

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Haha thanks pushki, I must remember to ask at my next appointment. Betsie I was thinking we might have the same problem, getting a crib from a relative but it's about 12 years old or so, so not sure about finding the right size matress. Do you think would you maybe be able to roll up a towel or something to fill the gap at the end? Not sure about safety etc of that though

The mattress i have priced is 2inchs longer but fits width so ill prob go with it maybe and get it cut to size

• Advertisement

Ya i find that the mattress i got for the Moses basket doesnt fit as snug as the original so i might have to get the scissors out too.
    Betsie it must be really tough for you to have lost your dad at such a young age and really disheartening that he won't have met your little bab :-( its good though that you are talking to him every day . You could make up a scrap book about your dads life , fill it with photos and little mannerisms that your dad had and show it to your little one when she's older and asking about her grandad. It might help you too.
    I can't imagine what its like to have lost a parent, especially at such a young age but im sure your dad knows you are thinking of him and will be looking out for you and your little baby :-) xx

Advertisement