Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

SSFG wrote: »
    Yeah i think he is nearly more into it then me sometimes haha :-)

No haven't bought any pink yet i do plan on going shopping this weekend though :-)

Im back to work today and i really don't want to :-( ah well has to be done

I find it so hard to resist the nice pink baby clothes! I've had to tell myself to stop and start going a bit more neutral just in case any future babies are not girls!

The equipment is easier to go neutral in, have tried to keep the baby's room neutral except for one or two girlie touches which can be easily changed.

I have blot of stuff gotten and its ll neutral but i will have to get one or two pink bits :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Aw Betsie...A little girl! You must be delighted to have found out! I am going to keep it as a surprise! :) You'l have so much fun buying all the pink bits :D
    How is everyone feeling?? I am feeling a bit like a Hippo, tis getting harder again to move around and not sleeping great at all! Have my next hospital app on Monday, wil be getting results of GTT then so fingers crosses! Also, I am refusing to leave without having a scan done :D
    Anyone been clothes shopping lately?? I am looking for a dress for a wedding next month, no joy online. Just looking for maxi dress...any suggestions where??:D

Yeah delighted is not the word gee g, won't buy too much pink but will have to buy something alright :-)

Im not able for anything any more Im just exhausted most of the time, not sleeping great either just can't get comfortable no matter how many pillows i have around me etc

i got a maxi dress in Evans last week, i have a wedding the end of this month but starting to wonder would i be better off if i got a nice top and trousers instead Im just so confused and as for shoes i need something comfortable but dressy not to high but can't be flat either, oh the joys of it

I never actually thought of Evans! Good woman!
    I'm going to get a maxi, a nice dressy pair of flip flops n away I go!
    At lease a maxi wil be nice and airy :D
    its a bit scary though thinking about it, just over 10 wks left :eek:

Yeah they had some nice dresses in there too, its very scary how close it all is now, i can't really believe how quick its all after going tbh

• Advertisement

I know, when I was waiting for the 12 weeks to tell everyone I felt like it would never come, since then its just flying! What date are u in August? I'm the 19th. Going to start washing all babies bits some of these days and hopefully get my stuff for hospital and get reasonably organised! My sister has bought a load of stuff for me for hospital, PJ's slippers etc. She's so good! heartburn is back with a bang the last few days...my god! Nearly making me sick!! Have u thought about pain relief or anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well i was due aug16th but was sectioned today just gone 29weeks and have a beautiful 2lb boy!11111

Tell me about it i was wishing the 1st 12 weeks away and now they are just flying by,

i think Im going to try the tens machine and gas and air, i really hate needles and the thought of one being put into my back, i just don't know how comfortable i would be about it, if i have to have an epidural for whatever reason i will but other then that no, how about yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

I just can't believe I've ten weeks left, my life is going to change so much!!
    I might have to have a section will find out for definite in 2 weeks time which is such a downed as i really want to breastfeed and don't want to be in the hospital too long. Its really bothering me :-(
    but if i deliver normally ill be taking all the pain relief i can get:-D

Has anyone else thought about breastfeeding?

Yeah im going to give breast feeding go if it works ill be delighted but if not it won't be the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Pushki, I'm having a section and I.m going to breastfeed, I dont see why it would be a problem. Maybe I am naive:confused:.

have a look at this http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/breastfeeding-after-a-cesarean,

" In the United States, nearly one in three births is a cesarean birth. Many of these cesareans are unexpected, so it is a good idea for the expectant mother to become informed and educated about the procedure before her baby arrives. An operative birth versus a vaginal birth can impact the breastfeeding experience in several ways. Mothers who have eagerly anticipated a vaginal birth may feel disappointed and inadequate because their expectations haven’t been met, and they may even be afraid that because they “failed’ at giving birth, they may also “fail’ at breastfeeding.

These concerns are unfounded, because there is no reason that nursing can’t be successful for the mother who has had a c-section. Breastfeeding can help normalize the experience of an operative birth. Initiation of breastfeeding is often delayed, because mothers who have delivered via c-section often need some extra time to recover before they physically feel like holding and nursing their new baby. As soon as they are fully conscious and alert and able to hold the baby, they can begin breastfeeding. Mothers who have epidural rather than general anesthesia are generally able to hold the baby sooner and nurse him for a longer period of time initially.

Nursing as soon as possible after birth has advantages for mothers who have had cesareans just as it does for mothers who deliver vaginally. It promotes bonding, provides stimulation to bring the milk in sooner, releases the hormone oxytocin to help the uterus contract, provides the baby with the immunological advantages of colostrum, and takes advantage of the fact that the newborn’s sucking urge is strongest in the first couple of hours after birth. There is an extra advantage for the cesarean mother: nursing during the brief period of time before the regional anesthetic wears off provides a time of pain-free, more comfortable nursing during the baby’s first feedings at the breast. Babies born via c-section may be somewhat drowsy and lethargic, especially if the mother was exposed to anesthetics for a prolonged period of time during labor. This doesn’t mean that breastfeeding won’t be successful, but it can mean that her milk may take a little longer to come in than it would after a vaginal birth. The baby may need some extra encouragement and stimulation in order to stay alert during feedings (see article on “Waking the Sleepy Baby‘), but this period of lethargy generally only lasts a short time." END

Sorry about the long post ,i just pasted for people on mobiles, Talking about the delay ,when my daughter was born she was taken straight to neo natal and I didnt get to see or hold her until the next day approx 14 hrs, In that time the nurses had bottle fed her even though I wanted to breastfeed ( I was only mum breastfeeding in the ward its more common now) anyway I introduced her to the breast and patiently breastfed a sick little baby with no problems, Thinking positve is the way to go, if u imagine there will be problems then there prob will be, you have to persevere. Breastfeeding was fantastic for her and she got better faster than the doctors expected.

newmum12! wrote: »
    well i was due aug16th but was sectioned today just gone 29weeks and have a beautiful 2lb boy!11111

Aw wow...Congrats!! Hope all is good!!:D

I have not made up my mind about breastfeeding, I am neither for or against! I just can't decide! I want to just wait and see although, I am kind of leaning towards bottles a bit!!Aaaaaaaaah...decisions!!!

As for pain relief, I have decided I would like an Epidural(if possible).:D

newmum12! wrote: »

massive congratulations i hope you and you little boy are doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Congrats newmum12, what wonderful news!!!!!

Congrats new mum. Hope you and your little one are doing well xx

thanks tishandy its really uplifting to hear that you were successful with the bf. with your daughter and that you are going to do it again.
    I thought that with the pain after the section that it could be very difficult and with all the painkillers would be transferred into the milk!?
    Thanks for giving me some hope tishandy because i was really upset that it would be impossible. Did it take you long to recover after the op? were you in hospital long?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Congrats newmum, hope all is well.

Aw girls the pains I am having today up under my ribs!! My god! I am thinking baby is head down n kicking away up under my ribs, wel I'm hoping thats what it is!!!

I have that same pain gee g baby has big long legs that are stuck in my ribs and have been for about 2weeks now x

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Girls,

Haven't posted here for ages. Trying to catch up on all the news. Congrats newmum on the birth of your little boy :) Its amazing to think an August Baby has been born already WOW.

Girls the feeling when the newborn feeds for the first time is amazing. The midwifes got me to feed the boys practically straight away. The bond and the love felt in those moments will last forever :) It's so special.

I'm off shopping for the hospital bag tomorrow. I am going to buy neutral, but I am buying a pink and blue babygro too! I was so tied the past few weeks, I found it hard to function. I got a letter from Clonmel saying my iron was 9.2. I started taking Ferrograd C last week and the difference is unreal. I would recommend them if anyone is having trouble with the iron - no side effects at all.

Have a great weekend everyone. x

kinioiri wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

Haven't posted here for ages. Trying to catch up on all the news. Congrats newmum on the birth of your little boy :) Its amazing to think an August Baby has been born already WOW.

Girls the feeling when the newborn feeds for the first time is amazing. The midwifes got me to feed the boys practically straight away. The bond and the love felt in those moments will last forever :) It's so special.

I'm off shopping for the hospital bag tomorrow. I am going to buy neutral, but I am buying a pink and blue babygro too! I was so tied the past few weeks, I found it hard to function. I got a letter from Clonmel saying my iron was 9.2. I started taking Ferrograd C last week and the difference is unreal. I would recommend them if anyone is having trouble with the iron - no side effects at all.

Have a great weekend everyone. x

Its great to hear from you again, your experience of breast feeding sounds wonderful. Its no wonder you couldn't function with your iron being so low, at least your back on track again anyway, was your iron low with the 2boys?

• Advertisement

Its great to hear from you again, your experience of breast feeding sounds wonderful. Its no wonder you couldn't function with your iron being so low, at least your back on track again anyway, was your iron low with the 2boys?

Thanks Betsie,

Congrats on your little girl x Yea my iron went very low on the second little man. They were threatening me with an iron infusion. I took the Galfer on that pregnancy but they half killed me. The chemist told me the Ferrograd has the same amount of iron as Galfer but Ferrograd releases the iron into the system slower. Apparently the Galfer releases it all together which causes the discomfort. It also has the added Vit C which is great because Orange Juice gives me heart burn Oh the Joys.

Off to bed now, hubbie's back is at him. Physio recommended a new memory foam mattress which came today. Supposed to be like sleeping on a cloud lol.
    We will see :rolleyes:

Welcome back kinori ! The ferrograd c sound good i am being so bold and not taking my golfer lately as the stomach was in bits! That might explain the tiredness.

God ya i have that awful feeling under my ribs too but apparently it will go away soon as the baby moves into position and starts to 'descent' :-)
    I am so thirsty these days too and even though drink loads i still wake up with thirst!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

pushki wrote: »
    Congrats new mum. Hope you and your little one are doing well xx

thanks tishandy its really uplifting to hear that you were successful with the bf. with your daughter and that you are going to do it again.
    I thought that with the pain after the section that it could be very difficult and with all the painkillers would be transferred into the milk!?
    Thanks for giving me some hope tishandy because i was really upset that it would be impossible. Did it take you long to recover after the op? were you in hospital long?

I didnt have a section first time Pushki, this will be my first, I and baby had other complications, thats why I'm having the section this time ;).

Thanks for the info tishandy . I shouldn't even be worring about that yet don't know for certain if ill have to have one yet.

Just a heads up to any limerick mum to be boil your tap water before ye drink it as it may be contaminated. I definitely have some sort of tummy bug :-(

Where in limerick are you pushki?

How was your new mattress kiniori?

The heart burn i have today and a lot of last night too is cruel, the worst i have had yet by far :-( and stuck in work too :-(

Have u tried drinking gaviscon betsie? My heartburn had become so bad for me i asked to be put on something better now i just take one losec tablet a day and hardly any heartburn :-)
    My stomach was so bad this morning i thought i was having contractions. Whether it was the water galfer or just being pregnant i don't know. Im in west limk betsie.

Go away were the pains that bad, i think i would of freaked out i think.

Ah right, i work in oola and i have been thinking the last few days the water not tasting great.

Yeah i have tried gaviscon and it made me sick, fruit rennies is all i take

Hubbie slept like a dream Betsie, I didn't. Maybe I was just excited about going shopping today!

Pushki, I was the same with the Galfer last time, it was a horrible experience. I would highly recommend the Ferrograd C. Feeling great the past few days. Your iron could be low too.

The only thing that cures my heartburn is Rennie Ice. I got them in my local Supervalue and Sam McCauley's Chemists. They are a life saver. According to the website they are safe during pregnancy as they don't enter the Mothers blood stream. Give them a go:)

oh ill give them a go tomorrow will get them somewhere, did you get your shopping done today? hope you sleep better tonight :)

• Advertisement

I found it so hard to get neutral colours. Everything was pink or blue. Even the little hats and burping cloths were pinks or blues. I managed to pick up the essentials in neutral colour's. Once I know what the baby is, I can get more.

Got all the glamorous bits and pieces for myself from Mother Care lol and P.J's, slippers and the like in Penney's.

I think I will sleep tonight. I walked around from 11 o'clock until 5, well I had lunch and a cuppa in the afternoon.

Advertisement