Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers Getting Fresh??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Myself and my mates have a new trick that seems to work with these guys.
    You just start recording a video of them on your phone and point it at them. Especially if its a good looking chick. Usually they cant wait to get rid of you.
    But if they keep it up, start filming up and down their body and they wont be long getting away from you.

Bonus: If she has nice tits you can upload it onto the web and make some money if you dare. (I havent tried yet :))

Ive a great collection of chugger chick videos now. Some nice tits in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kim_Il_Jong

Got to feel bad for them though, i mean as we all know theres been a drop in jobs.
    To chug or not to chug, that is the question ... for some poor unfortunate fu-cker.

Long story short, I had the free choice to hand out some leaflets one day, outside a shopping centre ...it was like being invisible, people treated me like i had leprosy (in fact it was just mild herpes), chucked it in after about 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

cocoshovel wrote: »
    "Well maybe just do it for a bit of karma!"

I would have said are you calling me a ****?

I saw an ad a few years ago for them and they were getting above minimum wages plus 20% commission on their sales. The majorities of charities are a swizz, admin costs are over 50% of what they collect in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I always used to point to my earphones but then one day one chugger shouted at me that he can speak loudly if necessary. Ever since then a friendly "Sorry no time" without breaking my stride seems to work quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Make eye contact. Smile inanely. Keep walking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Myself and my mates have a new trick that seems to work with these guys.
    You just start recording a video of them on your phone and point it at them. Especially if its a good looking chick. Usually they cant wait to get rid of you.
    But if they keep it up, start filming up and down their body and they wont be long getting away from you.

Bonus: If she has nice tits you can upload it onto the web and make some money if you dare. (I havent tried yet :))

Ive a great collection of chugger chick videos now. Some nice tits in there too.

Vids or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just tell them you don't trust the bloody banks so have no account to give a direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Vids or GTFO

Not mine, but i think we could get a movement going to out all chuggers on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35myQrtqouY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I saw some chuggers on Thursday and Friday in Dublin, wearing yellow jackets who seemed much more aggressive than any I've seen before. They were stepping in the way of people, shouting, chasing them and even grabbed one girl.
    Amnesty International.

It's ridiculous the amount of them that are out and about these days.

:D Hi...wow. You're pretty good at reading. :D

Since you're already reading this.
    You could REALLY help by quickly giving a thumbs up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've chugged for a good few months - you know the type handsome, confident, funny and i could fake sincerity pretty well.

Well id ask ladies well into their 30s if they were over 18, pretty funny that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Roisy7 wrote: »
    Anyone from Galway will know the representatives of a very well-known charity who used some interesting methods to get donations, like flattery, free hugs etc.
    Free hugs... Pfff..
    Well that's a lie right there..
    200 euro it cost me so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Roisy7 wrote: »
    Anyone from Galway will know the representatives of a very well-known charity who used some interesting methods to get donations, like flattery, free hugs etc. I asked one guy if telling strangers they were pretty ever worked and he got very narky indeed.

Then as I was leaving the Eyre Sq SC yesterday another two lined up on either side of the street asked me for a donation. When I refused one made a barely audible remark which I think referred to my meanness.

Finally today at home I was asked again, when I refused the guy said I was beautiful :confused: Beautiful but cold and shallow I'm guessing?

The first two occasions I was very smartly dressed as I have to be for my job. This doesn't mean my clothes are new or particularly expensive, nor does it mean I'm a spoilt bitch who would rather save her cash for (blood) diamond-studded whips for punishing my servants and polar bear fur coats. In fact I find myself quite financially embarrassed at the moment, which makes the attitude even more galling.

Today I was just wearing (Penneys) jeans and a Dunnes coat, no make-up and hair in a greasy ponytail, so it makes even less sense.

Do chuggers honestly think that making comments at strangers will encourage donations? I know times are tough for charities but times are tough for everyone, people should be respected if they won't, or can't donate.

What say ye, Boardsies? Anyone else find this behaviour quite as reprehensible as I do? Any funny stories about chuggers?

Please name the charity.

This intimidation and bullying needs to be highlighted properly.

I now ask them for money. It really throws them.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

One approached me once, he was collecting for some religious group. His opening line was "You've heard of the Beatles?" I said no. End of conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The ferociousness they come at with you with is ridiculous. A few of them on Henry street do the trick of saying 'oh you dropped something' I look round, nothing there, and they say 'got you talking'

cloud493 wrote: »
    The ferociousness they come at with you with is ridiculous. A few of them on Henry street do the trick of saying 'oh you dropped something' I look round, nothing there, and they say 'got you talking'

You should say you just wasted my talking time making me look for something I didn't drop.

Or if it's a hot chick you could say do you want me to drop something, like my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well id ask ladies well into their 30s if they were over 18, pretty funny that one.

like totally hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I havnt been in town (dublin) in a good while, but does the ipod on and purposeful fast walk not discourage them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Was walking down O'Connell St. (in Dublin) yesterday evening with my Dad and a female chugger stepped out in front of him. She basically leered at him and the following conversation ensued:

Her: Wellll, good evening, Handsome! Have you a moment to spare for me?
    Dad: No.
    Her: Aww, you're breaking my heart! *pouty face*
    Dad: Get used to it, sweetheart.

Your. Dad. Is. AWESOME!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

I just give them a quick, curt, smile and keep walking. It never seems to be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Just tell them you are already a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

cloud493 wrote: »

I usually don't use violence but this would push me to the edge, deception, harrasment and being pure obnoxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

saa wrote: »
    I usually don't use violence but this would push me to the edge, deception, harrasment and being pure obnoxious.

I am surprised (and disappointed) that I don't hear reports of chuggers being physically assaulted. Their behaviour certainly invites it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Was walking down Wicklow Street last Christmas, texting, and walking about three paces behind my sister.

A charity mugger yelled out "hey there gorgeous" in a sickly sweet tone to which my sister said she very politely smiled and shook her head.

As she walked into a store, I looked up from my mobile to see the little crook turn to his accomplice and very clearly mouth the word BITCH! in his direction.

I walked up and said 'what did you just say?', and of course he pretended not to know what I was talking about. I said ' You just called my sister a bitch, what's your name?' He got ever so polite at this point, and my sister came back to find out what the trouble was. I read his name from his idenity card and told my sister he had just called her a bitch.

My sister consequently set her face to upset in a highly convincing manner and I assured the little stooge that I had no choice but to inform his superior how he was behaving toward mere girls going about their business.

Of course I didn't. I thought sweating it was quite enough of a lesson, and having to continue to degrade oneself out in the cold as a hated chugger is a punishment in itself.

I really think those guys must just get home every evening and cry in the shower.

Alwayson wrote: »
    One approached me once, he was collecting for some religious group. His opening line was "You've heard of the Beatles?" I said no. End of conversation.

A verily veritable verbal 'Neo'.

Bruce lee backhand sheeet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

One of my best friends was a chugger for a few months a while ago, and seriously, their working conditions are sh1t. They're expected to get at least 3 people to sign up everyday, and they have to stay out as late as they can to get this number (she had to stay out working to 10pm before after starting at 9am, with only an hour's break). If they don't reach the targer they're immediately sacked. They're not paid extra for overtime, just paid the same every day, which isn't much. She was spat on, groped, and verbally abused nearly every day in the job. One of her workmates was beat up so bad by someone when she was working that she ended up in hospital. Half the money that people give via signing up goes to the companies that the charities employ to advertise for them like that; it's ridiculous.

Seriously, chuggers annoy me as much as the next person, but they do have it quite tough. And also it's far better to actually directly donate to the charity instead of letting cnuts of companies take a large share of the money.

One of my best friends was a chugger for a few months a while ago, and seriously, their working conditions are sh1t. They're expected to get at least 3 people to sign up everyday, and they have to stay out as late as they can to get this number (she had to stay out working to 10pm before after starting at 9am, with only an hour's break). If they don't reach the targer they're immediately sacked. They're not paid extra for overtime, just paid the same every day, which isn't much. She was spat on, groped, and verbally abused nearly every day in the job.

Did someone have a gun to her head forcing her to take the job and stay in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Did someone have a gun to her head forcing her to take the job and stay in it?

But its better than the dole right?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    But its better than the dole right?

I would rather my daughter on the dole rather than being groped earning €7 an hour. There are other jobs out there too, you could be a cleaner and not get groped for the same money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I hate that they get so personal. I told a chugger once I was on the dole and I had debts of 6k. He said 'how much do you spend on alcohol per week?' I said 'per week? Um roughly about none of your business'. I was so annoyed at the gall of the man.

Advertisement