Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CFC4lyfe

Ah right. Would have thought that Celtics were the more supported team. A few of my mates support them. Would we be in the minority as Lakers fans? Don't think anyone follows them that I know of, apart from me :p

On ESPN tonight is Mavs/Celtics and Miami Heat/LA Clippers. Tasty games there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It'd be a generation thing I'd imagine...lot ofHeat fans since last year prob...Lakers fans over the last 10-15 years...Bulls before that...then Lakers/Celtics....that would justbe people who get into it and start following who is winning!

I can see the Heat coming out hard after being somewhat embarrassed last night and teaching the Clippers a lesson...hopefully!

Yeah Clippers shouldn't get much tonight.

Really hope the Dwight Howard to LA Lakers rumours are true. Arguably the best center in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

kmart6 wrote: »
    It'd be a generation thing I'd imagine...lot ofHeat fans since last year prob...Lakers fans over the last 10-15 years...Bulls before that...then Lakers/Celtics....that would justbe people who get into it and start following who is winning!

I can see the Heat coming out hard after being somewhat embarrassed last night and teaching the Clippers a lesson...hopefully!

For the majority I would a generation thing too. I was a big Magic fan back in the mid to late 90's. Literally all my friends were Bulls fans. Wonder why?!!!

Nice to be able to discuss the Lakers with other fans for a change :)

Tricky game tonight fellas, need Kobe on the same form he's been on throughout the season.

• Advertisement

To be honest I'd prefer to see Kobe take it easy and get a big game from Pau and Bynam!

Hmmm not sure what to make of that by the Lakers!

Really only caught OT cause NBA TV switched to it then! But Pau just doesn't seem to be giving it everything on D...that said he hit a massive 3 in OT...unreal that your center can hit 3's in fairness!

Two good blocks by Bynum and Bryant to ensure the win!

Oh and another 40 point game for Kobe...

For anyone without ESPN or NBA TV, check out 116205 on Sopcast, You need the latest version to run it though(older versions won't run a particular set of channels but will most others).

Beyond doubt the best link you'll get online, crystal clear(ESPN HD) you wouldn't know the difference between it and a TV channel.
    I used it xmas day while NBA TV was down and went back to it again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Not sure why I 'support' the Knicks.

Just unlucky I guess.

Howard isn't arguably the best center in the league either, he just flat out is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kcplayoffs

there are a lot of people who can't watch NBA for free
    if you want, i can create a thread and offer games for free download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

kcplayoffs wrote: »
    there are a lot of people who can't watch NBA for free
    if you want, i can create a thread and offer games for free download.
    Please don't, see my private message about this, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Howard set a new record for the most FT attempts attempted in a game. I never understood the point of Hack-a-Whoever. It's generally stupid unless the guy is like a 30% FT shooter or below. . If a player is hitting 50% of their FTs it's the equivalent of them shooting 50% from the field, the team that's hacking is outta fouls once they decide to start playing real basketball again, and the hacking team never gets any transition opportunities. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs @ Lakers tonight, to say I'm optimistic is an understatement

looking forward to bulls cetics 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

looking forward to bulls cetics 1am

Very tough game for the Bulls, I think we've only won twice in Boston the last 12 or 13 games.

We've done well the last few games though with Rose carrying a knock and then not playing the next game, Rip being in and out and out again, and Watson being out for a while too, so confidence should be up especially if we can get some of our starters back on the floor. The good thing about this hectic schedule is that we've really got a lot of depth, but it's still tough without the main players.

Rose V Rondo will be a good battle.

Bulls by 5 for me.

Jesus, that was a bit of a fright near the end despite looking comfortable during the first half.

20 points up, cut back to 1 in the 4th, but the MVP stepped up with two big 3's and a great play for a 2 when it mattered. I though Noah was excellent in the 2nd half too. Deng looks absolutely exhausted.

I guess the loss of the lead could be attributed to the fact we've played a back-to back-to back, only 1 day off, and then played again tonight.

Anyway, a win is a win and it's good to get it at a place we've struggled recently. We're 7-2 on the road now and 11-2 overall having a very tough schedule to date. So far, so very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

In 55 seconds Scal got cheered by the Celtic fans, shot an air ball, got dunked on and trended worldwide on twitter. Love him :D.

Nice win tonight. At no point I thought Bulls would lose, even when Celtics came back from 20 down to 1 down. Noah looked much better than he has all season and Deng, oh my, 21 points/16 rebounds!

Easy win for the Bulls...played a bad 3rd quarter but never once looked like losing it!

Very similar performance from the Lakers tonight to what the Bulls did...dominated the first half...fell asleep in the 3rd and made sure of it in the 4th!

Another big game from Kobe with 42, coupled with impressive games from the rest of the starters!

Wade with a bad roll on his right ankle and out of the game, could be out for a few games considering that's issues with both feet now! Not that that's a reason they can use for losing! Denver shut them down tonight and played very well!

3 straight loses for the Heat now after a very impressive start where nobody thought they could be beaten! Questions going to start getting asked again...

Things aren't going well for the Heat at all lately :D

They do have 5 home games in a row coming up though, so could go on a bit of a run, but with Wade likely to be out for a few games, and games against the Spurs (although they have lost all 4 of their road games), Lakers (who have won 5 in a row) and Philly (who have the 2nd best record in the East now) to come, they might struggle a bit for a couple more games. I think they'll win 2 and lose 1 of those.

Elsewhere, my Bulls should take care of business tonight at home to a Toronto team who have lost 3 in a row.

I'm looking forward to LA Lakers V LA Clippers, that will be a real tough one for the Clippers and will give us a big indication of just how far they have come, or still have to go.

Oklahoma V Knicks will be a good one too, although Anthony is likely to miss out through injury so OKC should take this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    In 55 seconds Scal got cheered by the Celtic fans, shot an air ball, got dunked on and trended worldwide on twitter. Love him :D.

I liked the description of him as the 'human victory cigar', the Celtics fans to their credit had a bit of fun with it, despite a pretty miserable performance from their team.

I thought the game would be tougher, this Bulls team has never had an easier game against the Celtics. Down a couple of players, on the road, and they didn't really have to get out of 3rd gear to win. The Celtics have problems, they looked old last night, not sure if it was lack of conditioning from the long off-season, but there was very little energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Kobe Bryant is just unreal, cannot stand him but my god the man is just something special.

I don't understand Kobe hate!

I don't understand Kobe hate!

I can think of a few reasons:
    • Talks trash a lot
    • Accusations of sexual assault
    • Accused one of his team mates of sleeping around when he got caught out
    • Refused to carry out his managers instructions when he was getting frustrated
    • Always had to be the ''game winner'' over the years even when team mates were playing better or had better chances to win games which ultimately turned them against him during vital times
    • Became so narrow minded he demanded to be traded, despite the organisation doing everything he wanted

There's no such thing as a team with Kobe, it's all about Kobe.

Now there's no arguing that he's an absolutely unreal player, and his record speaks for itself. I don't hate him myself, I don't feel anything towards him to be honest, but I can see why he generates a lot of hate. To be honest, good players usually do.

Trash talking is part of the game though, that can't be used as a reason...thicker skin needed if people can't take it!

The sexual assault thing is a mark on him alright, but that said nothing came of it in the end!

A lot of the trade talk/not doing what he was told stuff stems from him and Shaq just not being able to be on the same team...for the sake of the franchise the Lakers knew Kobe was the better option! At least now him and Shaq have reconciled somewhat...nice to hear Shaq say nice things about his 'lil brother' on TNT!

What's wrong with wanting to be the game winner?! It's showing you have the courage to stand up and try to make the play! Nobody had an issue with MJ being the game winner!

This ad stands out in fairness.....

Trash talking is part of the game though, that can't be used as a reason...thicker skin needed if people can't take it!

The sexual assault thing is a mark on him alright, but that said nothing came of it in the end!

A lot of the trade talk/not doing what he was told stuff stems from him and Shaq just not being able to be on the same team...for the sake of the franchise the Lakers knew Kobe was the better option! At least now him and Shaq have reconciled somewhat...nice to hear Shaq say nice things about his 'lil brother' on TNT!

What's wrong with wanting to be the game winner?! It's showing you have the courage to stand up and try to make the play! Nobody had an issue with MJ being the game winner!

This ad stands out in fairness.....

All fair points to be honest.

Not looking for an argument, cause like you said you have no issue with Kobe!

Think it stems from a jealousy thing! Kobe in NBA, Jeter in MLB, P.Manning and Brady in NFL, Ovechkin in NHL...even Reddick in NCAA when he was at Duke...the abuse he got for a college kid was crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

When Kobe got accused of sexual assault in Colorado, the media blew up as you'd expect and Kobe apparently said off the record that "Shaq has this happen all the time and it just goes away, never makes the papers", as you can imagine Shaq wasn't too happy about it!

Good win again tonight from my Bulls, didn't see the game unfortunately but from the reports I've read it seems we were comfortable enough in the second half especially. Deng played almost 40 minutes though, I'd like to have seen him get more of a rest as he looks jaded despite coming up big, but with our injury problems I guess it's not possible.

Lakers V Clippers now, how do we all see this one going then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not looking for an argument, cause like you said you have no issue with Kobe!

Think it stems from a jealousy thing! Kobe in NBA, Jeter in MLB, P.Manning and Brady in NFL, Ovechkin in NHL...even Reddick in NCAA when he was at Duke...the abuse he got for a college kid was crazy!

Kobe is one of the most unlikeable characters in NBA, read a lot of **** about him but what a player, he is sooo confident in his ability its just class.

I remember when Reddick was in College, he was receiving some attention, thats how it goes I suppose, poster boy for college basketball, will always get the abuse that comes with it. I was more a fan of Morrison at the time, pity he didn't have any luck in NBA.

Advertisement