Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

MELO MELO MELO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

padraig_f wrote: »
    YES! What a win! Unbelievable skill from Rose on that last shot with the one hand. Deng was huge in the 4th quarter as well, getting the 3-point play and the crucial steal.

Bulls did the basics perfectly - never gave up and made their free-throws.

Crucial fouls from Gasol (twice) and Kobe cost the Lakers there. The Bulls played the last 90 seconds in textbook fashion... But DRose, how about that winning shot - unreal.

Great first day to the season - good ol KG showing at the end of the Boston-NY game that he still has the desire for a good scrap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Paully D wrote: »
    Just call him Ron Artest FFS.
    Why?!

It's not his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Caught the end of the 3rd and the last quarter of the Bulls/Lakers game and I struggled to recognise the Bulls from the end of last season. Suddenly Boozer and Rose came back on and it was a different story. Whilst the Lakers were missing their free's Deng made 4/4 in the last couple of mins and it his steal that set up Rose for the winning points and his block on Lobe right at the death whe nit looked like the Lakers might snatch. I hope the rest of the season is just as good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Goosebumps

Yeah, thought that was brilliant. MJ and Derrick at the end :cool:

Was watching it and was thinking to myself that therenwasn't much Kobe in it...and then of co use there was 4-5 seconds of him straight away!

Great video!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Let's go Cavs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Let's go Cavs!!

It'll be interesting to see how Irving does.

Paully D wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how Irving does.

it will indeed. Same goes for Tristan

• Advertisement

How I love being a Cavs fan.................... Raptors up 52-42

Raptors win 104-96:(

Jesus Denver all over Dallas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Will definitely be watching more of the Timberwolves this season, caught some last night and Ricky Rubio looks a lot of fun to watch. They might be a half-decent team as well with Rick Adelman in charge, #2 pick Derrick Williams, to go along with Rubio, Kevin Love & Beasley.

It's only a couple of games in but I'm liking the look of Norris Cole the Heat backup PG (probably for not much longer :D) . They didn't have a PG last year who could dribble in the lane and create his own shot or pass and right now he's been able to do that . He completely took over the 4th quarter against the Celtics and I can't wait to see how he develops this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I was impressed by Cole as well, gives them another option at the guard spot instead of Chalmers who has been hit or missover the last couple of years.

That said, the Celtics are really struggling so far, 0-3 with Pierce out injured, I've a feeling the Big 3 might be on the way out. Even if they get a healthy Pierce back and make a good run to the playoffs I can't see them making it past Chicago or Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Lafortezza wrote: »
    I was impressed by Cole as well, gives them another option at the guard spot instead of Chalmers who has been hit or missover the last couple of years.

That said, the Celtics are really struggling so far, 0-3 with Pierce out injured, I've a feeling the Big 3 might be on the way out. Even if they get a healthy Pierce back and make a good run to the playoffs I can't see them making it past Chicago or Miami.

The Celtics trouble started last year they limped into the playoffs after trading Perk and Little Nate relying to much on Shaq and KG, Pierce and Allen are starting to show there age and now Big Baby is gone that only really leaves Rondo its a good thing Doc Rivers didnt leave in May.

Great finish to the Mavs/Thunder game!

Durant buzzer beater 3 to win it!

Hard to know what to take from the Lakers/Knicks game!

Lakers looked more like a team tonight, but god the Knicks were dreadful!

• Advertisement

Have the Lakers any chance of getting Dwight Howard at the moment? When is the NBA 'transfer window' closed or has it closed already?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Have the Lakers any chance of getting Dwight Howard at the moment? ?

There was another rumour a couple of days ago that was suggesting something like this.

Lakers get: Dwight Howard
    Rockets get: Pau Gasol
    Magic get: Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Devin Ebanks, 2 First Round Picks

That's a absolutely horrible deal for the Magic but they don't have a whole lotta leverage at this point. There's gotta be a better deal than that though.

Have the Lakers any chance of getting Dwight Howard at the moment? When is the NBA 'transfer window' closed or has it closed already?
    March 15th is the trade deadline!

D Wade with another last second winner for the Heat tonight :mad:

The Clippers will be a very exciting team to watch this season. Only halfway through the first quarter against the Bulls and some of their plays will get crowds on their feet.

Very tough game for the Bulls, it'll be nice to get this one over with (hopefully with a W) and then get back to Chicago for some home games after 4 road games in row to start the season.

Yeah let the Clippers have all the highlight real dunks but that doesn't win you games...as evidenced by losing by 25 to the Spurs!

Although Miami are 4-0 they've been ran close in two games and when Boston ran zone they didn't know what to do!

And the game winner left 4.6 on the clock ;) plenty of time for a response so if anything could be considered lucky for getting away with scoring too quickly off the inbound!

I thought the Nuggets like a good road scalp slip in LA last night. Lawton blew two free-throws with 1:10 left and the Lakers up by two. Then Gallinari (spelling?) blows a lay-up in last minute with the Lakers still two up.

Wasn't the prettiest games, Bynum played very well and All Harrington was excellent off the bench for Denver (outscoring LA's entire bench by himself).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I thought the Nuggets like a good road scalp slip in LA last night. Lawton blew two free-throws with 1:10 left and the Lakers up by two. Then Gallinari (spelling?) blows a lay-up in last minute with the Lakers still two up.

Wasn't the prettiest games, Bynum played very well and All Harrington was excellent off the bench for Denver (outscoring LA's entire bench by himself).

LA were poor last night but found a way to win, ugly enough basketball but thoroughly exciting, couldnt believe Gallinari's missed open lay up. HJe was poor all night, his shot seems to have completely deserted him... Bynum was excellent last night, . "I was winded like crazy today," he admitted. "First game … I couldn't breathe in the first six minutes," he said in an interview after the game. But without Lamar coming off the bench offering instant offense it is hard to see the Lakers faring any better than last year, which makes that Mavericks trade look completely nonsensical, surely the Lakers have something up their sleeve in terms of an imminent?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Congrats to Lebron James for getting engaged, his fiance now leads the family with 1 ring.

• Advertisement

Zing......

Advertisement