Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

First home game for the Bulls and we are absolutely hammering the Grizzlies, winning by 21 and it's almost half time. Boozer playing very well.

Hopefully that's kept up in the 2nd half.

Bulls up by 40 now at the beginning of the 4th quarter :eek: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Fcuk me the Heat are looking great!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Firmly on the Rubio bandwagon. Kidz got skillz.

Wish the Knicks had a decent PG to run the offense, continuous pick and rolls are getting dumb.

Heat might go 66-0. Too good.

Borisss wrote: »

Nope! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Bulls up by 40 now at the beginning of the 4th quarter :eek: :cool:

That was a fun game. I'm not getting over-excited about the 40-point win, with Conley and Zeebo out for the Grizzlies, but enjoyed watching the reserves play in the 4th quarter, with Scal, Lucas & Butler getting their first starts. The Bulls front office have done a good job in getting high-character guys and the 2nd unit seems to have a real identity and they play unselfishly.
    Firmly on the Rubio bandwagon. Kidz got skillz.

Yeah the T-Wolves are quickly becoming my favourite neutral team to watch...

kmart6 wrote: »
    Nope! :p

The Heat may not be as good as people think. Two last-second wins and now a home loss. I think their lack of depth may hurt them in the compressed season. Wade was off last night and they lost. Probably every team has one player they can't win without, but the Heat may have 3.

Jeez, just saw Ginobili broke his hand. Injuries will be hurt teams more than usual this season, players will miss more games with the compressed schedule and it will be a bigger proportion of the total games. Seems like there are quite a few early injuries, maybe a result of the shortened preseason.

Tough game tonight for the Bulls at home to the Hawks, IMO. The bookies have the Bulls clear favourites but it's much closer than that. Both teams have the same record (4-1) and the Hawks are coming off a win against the Heat last night.

This is their 3rd road game in a row, so hopefully they'll be a little jaded which would help us as Rose only played 25 minutes in the rout the other night, and Boozer and Noah spent more time on the bench than the court. If Hamilton's fit that would be a big boost.

At least it's on reasonably early (1am) compared to the last few Bulls games so I'll get to watch all of this.

Bulls by 5-7 points.

I knew this would be tough, but Christ the Bulls aren't helping themselves here. 2-20 on FG's during the 2nd quarter and 1-14 with less than 2 minutes left :eek: Only shooting 24% overall.

Atlanta's 2-3 zone defence is causing a lot of problems and Korver is getting picked on when they go forward.

Positives are that the Hawks aren't shooting well themselves, 37% I think, so if we can get hot for a while we'll have a good go at them in the 2nd half.

38-26 to the Hawks at the half.

Paully D wrote: »
    38-26 to the Hawks at the half.

Very ugly, lucky to be only down 12. Get will soon Rip.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Very ugly, lucky to be only down 12. Get will soon Rip.

Yep, we need him back ASAP. I have to say the officials have been a disgrace tonight, lots of very harsh calls on the Bulls IMO, although I am biased :pac:

• Advertisement

Kyrie impressive tonight.

First game he's really played like the #1 pick.

LOL 33 pts midway thru the 3rd.

Woohoo! What a win! :)
    Gotta love the character of this Bulls team, down 19 at one stage in the 3rd quarter. Game ball to Asik, he could be huge for the Bulls this season.

Jesus Christ, what a ****ing end to that game!

19 points behind, and the Bulls pull it out of the bag to win. I've just woken everyone in the house shouting and the dog is going mad :pac:

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

It's becoming obvious you have an obsession with Carlton with all this gifs!

Love the way all the Lakers fans were interested in at the end was getting their free tacos! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

As a phoenix fan I have to say I hope we trade Steve Nash. Hes a great player but we are not making the playoffs this year. We could potentially get a no. 1 pick for him. Combine this with what would surely be a top 10 draft pick and the rebuilding process is well on the road.

Love watching the Timberwolves and Pacers. Pacers and Heat on ESPN tonight at half 12 btw lads :) . I think that David Kahn has actually done a fantastic job in creating this Minny team. He has been critiqued for years but he seems to have brought it all together at the right time. I'll admit that I hadn;t seen much of Derrick Williams in college last year but I love the guy. He's a great player and I think hes going to have a far better career then Kyrie Irving. Irving seems to be carrying the Cavs already which is not a good sign. Everyday the Cas have an off day the team has posted a pic on its twitter of the coaches working in the post with Tristan Thompson. Thompson looks like he could turn into a very good pro alright so fair play to the Cavs for taking a risj on him at 4.

As a phoenix fan I have to say I hope we trade Steve Nash. Hes a great player but we are not making the playoffs this year. We could potentially get a no. 1 pick for him.

Surely you mean a first round pick!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Surely you mean a first round pick!?

yup

Isn't his contract up at the end of the season?! Nobody is going to give up a 1st round pick for what could be only 20/30/40 games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I suppose it would depend on whether he'd be willing to re-sign. I'm sure many PO teams would give up a first rounder for him, since their pick wouldn't be that high, especially if he was willing to re-sign.

As for the Wolves, they're young and talented in spite of Kahn, not because of him. He's an idiot, and I don't think he'll last there long-term.

I think the Cavs made a massive mistake taking Thompson at 4 with Valanciunas on the board. Thompson should turn out to be a good defensive PF with a decent offensive game, but I have much more confidence in Valanciunas being great than I do Thompson. They obviously didn't want to wait the year for him to come over, but I really think they're going to regret it. Raptors got themselves a great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I think Anthony Davis has overtaken Harrison Barnes as my #1 college mancrush this year. Holy crap is that kid good.

Half way through the 3rd and not one Dallas player in double figures...they really are struggling a,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Massive comeback by the Kings. Came from 21 down to win it by 3. Cousins and Evans were amazing (worth checking out the highlights to see some of Tyreke's moves), and Thornton (Mr big shot) came up huge as always.

Westphal was fired today, thankfully, so it was Keith Smart's first game as head coach. You could tell the team was relieved, they played much more freely.

Bulls 97-83 Magic

Very impressed with that win.

We were up by 17 at one stage and it was looking dodgy when Orlando cut it back to 4 during the start of the 4th quarter, but Korver sunk a 3 pointer after a time out and another shortly after which seemed to deflate Orlando completely.

Boozer played well, as did Deng, Rose as always, Noah had a tough time with Howard but kept him fairly quiet during the 3rd quarter, and Korver popped up with some vital 3's as well.

The Magic were 4-0 at home so far this season as well so it's good to be the team to end that winning record.

Atlanta tomorrow night, it took a brilliant comeback to beat them the other night but they've played 4 sets of OT in the last 2 days and will be playing the final game of their back-to back-to back so hopefully our freshness can be a big help against them.

Meh...Magic were their normal selves...as was Howard only showing up for the first quarter...when one of the best centers in the league doesn't show for the majority of the game you should be destroying the opposition...letting a 17 point slip was terrible by the Bulls...and to be honest as much and all as they have a good record they have not played well in a goof few games and could easily have a losing record only other teams have let them off the hook!

Meh...Magic were their normal selves...as was Howard only showing up for the first quarter...when one of the best centers in the league doesn't show for the majority of the game you should be destroying the opposition...letting a 17 point slip was terrible by the Bulls...and to be honest as much and all as they have a good record they have not played well in a goof few games and could easily have a losing record only other teams have let them off the hook!

Pretty harsh! I thought they were excellent. Hamilton out, on the road against a team that they've always have matchup problems with, and they win by 14. They're 7-1 now, having only played 2 home games. Howard is averaging 19 points and 16 rebounds a game, which are up on his career numbers, so he's not mailing it in.

But who else is doing anything for the Magic?! JJ is prob the only one who has improved in anyway!

But who else is doing anything for the Magic?! JJ is prob the only one who has improved in anyway!

The Magic aren't a championship contender but still a good team. Ryan Anderson is supposed to be having a good season but he had an off-night tonight & Jason Richardson is still a good player.

The Magic have caused the Bulls problems before because Noah couldn't defend Howard, their 3-point shooting mitigated the Bulls defense, and then Howard's presence in the lane was a deterrent in Rose getting to the rim. So I'm pretty happy with any road win there.

• Advertisement

But your comparing last season with this...totally different...if it was a comparison between a game earlier this season then I might agree with you somewhat!

Advertisement