Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Great night of basketball for MLK Day

Bulls/Memphis is on ESPN now and Clippers/Nets follows. Thunder/Celtics is at 1am and that's followed by the Mavs/Lakers.

MLK Day games:

6:00PM - Magic @ Knicks
    6:00PM - Bulls @ Grizzlies
    7:00PM - Bucks @ Sixers
    7:00PM - Rockets @ Wizards
    7:00PM - Cavs @ Bobcats
    8:00PM - Trail-Blazers @ Hornets
    8:30PM - Nets @ Clippers
    9:00PM - Raptors @ Hawks
    1:00AM - Thunder @ Celtics
    1:00AM - Kings @ Timberwolves
    3:30AM - Mavs @ Lakers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That Mavs/Lakers game is the worst display of professional basketball I have ever seen! Horrid!

Excuse me Mr. Kidd, but what the fcuk are you doing?!

mavericks%20lakers%20basketball-1579439478_v2.nbcsports-story-612.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Watched most of the BOS-OKC game last night and it was a pretty close 3rd/4th quarters. Boston looked very old, Ray Allen and KG seemed to be struggling to keep up with the game, KG was getting blocked or almost blocked every time he shot the ball. Only Rondo and Pierce were able to keep the Celtics in it, along with some minor productions from Pietrus and Daniels.
    OKC looked really good, they got a little bit lucky maybe that Westbrook decided to shoot the lights out at the end, but they never looked rattle playing in a hostile Garden, for such a young team they are really confident. Having such a deep bench and good team spirit, I think they will make the WC finals easily, then struggle vs either MIA/CHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

WHITE MAMBA!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    WHITE MAMBA!
    That had to be one of the slowest sprints down a court I've seen haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    WHITE MAMBA!

Did you notice the crowd's reception was a lot more muted when he comes in an actual meaningful part of the game? :) He's done ok though to be fair.

Nice little grind it out win there with a depleted team. A good game for the likes of Asik, James and Brewer who got some solid minutes. Boozer and Deng were excellent.

The way Chicago are playing without D-Rose is great....if I was them I'd keep him out until he is 100%...because there's no point risking a recurrence and they don't need him right now!

kmart6 wrote: »
    The way Chicago are playing without D-Rose is great....if I was them I'd keep him out until he is 100%...because there's no point risking a recurrence and they don't need him right now!

Yeah I'd fully agree with that. There's great depth in the squad.

Nets, Pacers and Bucks to come next at the United Centre before the big one away to Miami on the 29th of January.

• Advertisement

White Mamba is doing it again tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Is anyone here using NBA League pass in Ireland? Does it work ok and will it be the same price for the season no matter time you sign up?

Thinking of getting rid of Sky but I'd miss ESPN the most :confused:

Flip Saunders fired as coach of Washington. They've had an awful start to the season, but I don't think that Saunders was the problem.
    Their core of Wall, McGee, Young and Blatche leads the NBA in immaturity by a mile. Yes they have some talent but I'd say the lockerroom is quite painful to be in.

Shur didn't a load of players come out last week when they were asked about the game plan and said 'What game plan?' Show's huge immaturity, lack of respect and willing to learn IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Flip Saunders fired as coach of Washington. They've had an awful start to the season, but I don't think that Saunders was the problem.
    Their core of Wall, McGee, Young and Blatche leads the NBA in immaturity by a mile. Yes they have some talent but I'd say the lockerroom is quite painful to be in.

You are dead right, just a bunch of headbangers. Zero maturity and discipline.

Watching the Lakers game here and it's hard to feel that they haven't been subject to a bit of dodgy reffing! Technical's on Kobe and Pau that seemed really soft when they they had genuine arguments and didn't go overboard arguing! Throwing McRoberts out they could thrown Evans out too!

What the hell is going on with the Knicks? D'Antoni to get fired if this awful recent run keeps going.

Shocking performance from the Magic again!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What the hell is going on with the Knicks? D'Antoni to get fired if this awful recent run keeps going.

He's gonna get fired and one of their big time players is gonna get traded. Its not working out at the moment. I actually think Carmelo is the problem. I think if you swap Melo for a top point guard then the team is totally different. Carmelo doesnt suit D'antonis system. He much prefers half court offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Although I think Melo should be the one traded I don't really see it happening. The Knicks haven't had a "franchise player" ( in this case read merchandise seller) for quite some time. They will most likely and in my opinion rightly sack D'Antoni but the way the Knicks front office works you never know who'll they'll get to replace him.

• Advertisement

I predicted this after I saw them against the Bulls. It wasn't just that they were bad, they'd completely given up on the coach. You could see in the third quarter when the game was still winnable (Rose and CJ Watson were both out for the Bulls, with 3rd-string PG Lucas running the point), and they'd stopped trying. There was one embarrassing sequence where the Bulls got 6 offensive rebounds on the same possession. Whether it was the players or the coach, I guess the front-office had no option but to make a coaching change.

Shocking performance from the Magic again!

Was wondering what happned there. When I heard Rondo and Ray Allen were out, I bet the Magic -10 points. Went to bed with them up 25, thinking 'easy money'.

Came across an interesting way of viewing the game-flow here:
    http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20120126&game=BOSORL

Numbers in the player's boxes are: points & 'help value' (essentially every stat except points), more here.

The Magic's 4th quarter numbers are pretty shocking.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Was wondering what happned there. When I heard Rondo and Ray Allen were out, I bet the Magic -10 points. Went to bed with them up 25, thinking 'easy money'.

No offence but that was a terrible bet considering the Celtics had beaten the Magic on Monday by 31 without Allen and Rondo!

No offence but that was a terrible bet considering the Celtics had beaten the Magic on Monday by 31 without Allen and Rondo!

Maybe not my best bet, but unfair to call it 'terrible'. You can pretty much never make a terrible bet on an NBA game (nor can you make a brilliant bet), the lines are just not that far off. The worst you could say is, I made a slightly bad value bet.

The Celtics' first game against the Magic looked more like the exception than the rule, before that, they were 6-9 having played one of the easiest schedules. The only teams they beat to that point were the Wizards (3-15), the Pistons (4-15), the Nets (6-13) and the Hornets (3-15). Every half-decent team they played, beat them.

While the Magic were 12-4 with some good scalps, with wins vs. the Lakers, @ Blazers, and @ Pacers.

I didn't see the first game, but you could never value it over the 15 games the teams played to that point, or to think the Celtics were stronger with Ray Allen & Rondo out.

If you still think the lines are way off, you can get similar value tonight. The Celtics are 3-point underdogs at home against the Pacers, and the Magic are 4-point favourites on the road against the Hornets.

Ok, I can see your point, but just this season is so crazy, don't think I'd back any game, all too unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

He doesn't have Steve Nash.

Bulls @ Heat tonight.

How do you all see it going?

Heat on their home court might make a difference I think, really close, both teams are playing really well.
    Heat looked great even with Wade injured recently, he came back last game and they looked even better.
    Rose was out for several games and the Bulls still won lots of games without him, should give great confidence to the lesser/bench players. Rose returned last game i think and got 34 points.
    Heat will win because they have 3 stars, Bulls rely on Rose a bit too much as a star even the rest of their team is miles better than the Heat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Stream for the Heat and Bulls if anyones looking :)

http://coolsport.tv/stream6.html

• Advertisement

Not looking good for us already.

Rose with 2 fouls (1 ridiculous decision on his part) after 4 minutes and everyone is struggling from the field.

Deng is such a massive loss. The most underrated player in the NBA without a doubt.

Hopefully it picks up soon.

Advertisement