Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Patience!

Deng is highly rated by most around the league, especially this season and last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Encouraged by that half. The Bulls haven't played well, have a couple of players out, and are only down 5 on the road.

One of the benefits of having Rip Hamilton this year is that Wade will have to work much harder on defense than he did against Bogans last year. Was curious to see if it would affect his offensive output, and he's 1-9 so far tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disappointing to lose that especially as we closed the scoreline on a number of occasions, with a few chances to take the lead in the 4th, a lot of poor decisions and poor shooting cost us, but in fairness we were missing a couple of players and were on the road.

I can't believe Rose missed those 2 free throws that could have given us the lead, he hadn't missed a 4th quarter free throw all season, but he can't be superhuman every night.

Also, VERY POOR OFFICIATING. Letting Wade dictate to them what to do for the whole game he was never out of their ear, getting the call messed up at the end and then allowing LeBron to steal the tip after that! No surprise really though considering the name on the back of his jersey :mad:

There's positives to take as well I guess.

They're a very good team, but with a healthy team in a playoff situation I don't think there's any reason to fear them.

On another note is anyone else apart from me getting seriously sick of watching Miami Heat games, purely for the fact the commentators don't even acknowledge that another team is playing and the whole couple of hours is spent talking about how much LeBron has improved in the low post, how Bosh has become much more aggressive and how Wade is such a leader. It's getting beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm strangely upbeat after that, because I think when equally healthy, the Bulls can now beat the Heat, and also win in Miami in the playoffs. With Deng out, they needed Boozer to have a decent game to have a chance of winning. He didn't, and amazingly the Bulls still nearly won. Though the Heat are a good defensive team, I think it was more of an off-night for him, he missed shots he'd been knocking down.

As for the officiating, I was unhappy with it as well, though think it was partly due to not getting as many calls on the road as you do at home. The whole jump-ball thing was an unfortunate way to end the game. I missed it, and they didn't show a replay, but people on my twitter feed were agreeing that Lebron stole it.
    On another note is anyone else apart from me getting seriously sick of watching Miami Heat games, purely for the fact the commentators don't even acknowledge that another team is playing and the whole couple of hours is spent talking about how much LeBron has improved in the low post, how Bosh has become much more aggressive and how Wade is such a leader. It's getting beyond a joke at this stage.
    We certainly heard enough about Lebron cycling to the stadium!

I liked Lisa Salters' question to Lebron at the end: "We were SHOCKED when Derrick Rose missed his two free-throws, and then you missed your two..." (as if that wasn't so shocking).

How does Derrick Rose get those one-handed shots to go in so consistently?

CJ Watson's absence was maybe under-rated factor, as Thibodeau doesn't trust Lucas nearly as much. This meant Rose ended up playing 45 out of 48 mins, while carrying the offense on his back the whole time. You can forgive him the missed free throws at the end, as he was 12/12 to that point, had just been knocked to the floor, and must've been wrecked.

Don't go in for moral victories much, but considering the bigger picture, I'm not unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good post Padraig. I agree with you, just had to let off some steam after the game :pac:

• Advertisement

Bit of a funny back and forth between Kobe and Rubio after last night!
    http://www.marca.com/tv/?v=IdaFvAQGzgf
    Kobe to Rubio and Gasol: “You talking about London?”
    Gasol: “Oh yeah.”
    Rubio: “You’re gonna be there?”
    Kobe: “Yeah.”
    Rubio: “You know you’re getting the silver medal. You know that.”
    Kobe: “[expletive]. I’m taking bets! [laughs] If I win I get the keys of Barcelona.”
    Rubio: “I bet what you want.”
    Kobe: “I take it!”

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Blake Griffin looks immense

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oh my good lord that was amazing.

I really don't think it's that great...feel it's been blown outta proportion cause it's him!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    I really don't think it's that great...feel it's been blown outta proportion cause it's him!

I disagree. I don't even like Blake that much, but that dunk was awesome and embarrassing for Perkins!

The only thing it was missing was Stacey King commentary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Skip Bayless acting the prick as usual and saying he'd give it a 3 out of 10. He finds it hard to praise people doing well.

It's almost identical to the one from last year, yeah he does well to rise up, but he's just throwing it in, only difference this year was his fingers glanced the rim! Perkins can't be blamed for it, he rotated over as quick as he could!

I think LeBron's from Sunday was better since he jumped over someone, even though the guy was a short ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I think LeBron's from Sunday was better since he jumped over someone, even though the guy was a short ass!

LeBron's an amateur, let's see him do something like this over the likes of Gasol.

Yeah well that is still considered better than both over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AGORDEIRE

padraig_f wrote: »
    How does Derrick Rose get those one-handed shots to go in so consistently?

Practice!

Oh and lots more practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AGORDEIRE

LeBron's an amateur, let's see him do something like this over the likes of Gasol.

Now we're talking!! Thats proper.

Lebron....... dunked over a dwarf

Griffin....... dont think you can classify it as a dunk really. Super athleticism to get over Perkins who jammed both elbows full steam into Griffins chest. But as was lots are saying he is kind of fire the ball through the hoop rather then slamming it home. I suppose he does grab a bit of the ring afterwrads. But seeing as it is the Great White Hope it gets huge coverage.

Both amateurish when compared the that monster from Carter

Kevin Love channeling his inner Ndamukong Suh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Meh, it was a bit misleading. He stepped on his checst and I don't think it was a stamp either.
    Could have been avoided though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

AGORDEIRE wrote: »
    Now we're talking!! Thats proper.

Lebron....... dunked over a dwarf

Griffin....... dont think you can classify it as a dunk really. Super athleticism to get over Perkins who jammed both elbows full steam into Griffins chest. But as was lots are saying he is kind of fire the ball through the hoop rather then slamming it home. I suppose he does grab a bit of the ring afterwrads. But seeing as it is the Great White Hope it gets huge coverage.

Both amateurish when compared the that monster from Carter

Have to disagree. Griffin's dunk was monstrous. He took full contact from Perkins, from way out, and absorbed it and managed to put it down. Whether it was technically a dunk is all semantics. It was a dunk IMO, and easily up there with Carter's over Weis. As for the bolded bit, I've never heard him described as that before, considering he's as much black as he is white.

Love definitely stamped on Scola. Deserving of a ban.

Wheres Sea_devil? My Kings beat your Warriors last night :P

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    Meh, it was a bit misleading. He stepped on his checst and I don't think it was a stamp either.
    Could have been avoided though.
    Looked very deliberate, and the 2 game suspension is justified IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Bulls vs The Nets. Whos gona win? :)

"At Forward, #5 - He still lives with his mother -- Carlos Boozer." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Great win for Magic over Heat last night, with Howard posting 25 points and 24 rebounds. I was watching it waiting for Heat to come back as the Clippers and Celtics had against us recently, but they never did. I like the theory that Heat aren't at their best with both Wade and LBJ playing together.

Richard Devos also commenting that he doesn't want to trade Howard and plans on holding onto him. Seems more optimistic than realistic at this stage, but us Magic fans can live in hope...

Looked very deliberate, and the 2 game suspension is justified IMO!

I agree that it was deliberate, I agree the 2 game ban was justified.
    I just diasagree with calling it a step onto someones face that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Jeremy Lin... Enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

buyer95 wrote: »
    Jeremy Lin... Enough said

He could well be a flash in the pan but he has obviously found his feet in New York. Remember him with the Warriors, didn't look like anything special but then again maybe all he needed was D'Antoni basketball.

killwill wrote: »
    I agree that it was deliberate, I agree the 2 game ban was justified.
    I just diasagree with calling it a step onto someones face that is all.
    What would you all it so?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

So the All Star reserves were announced yesterday. Both Dirk and Paul Pierce are in. While both have been fantastic players over the years these are supposed to be the best players in the league at the moment which being honest niether of these are this year.

• Advertisement

What would you all it so?!

I don't get what you mean

Advertisement