Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Yes, but I'd avoid fonemenders at all costs!

Too late :o

It's gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Try that. Idk. As I said I entered an Irish Visa Debit card details. Used my own address, but in the postcode part I entered the fake post code I got of the internet.

go to www.windowsphone.com go to the marketplace and try to buy the app from there?

Long time getting back to this. I tried your suggestions, I reset the windows live settings, checked that everywhere possible says Ireland, checked CC card registered, went back into the phone and tried to buy the game and I just kept falling into the following loop:

Try but game
    Message - you do not have a credit card associated with this account - add a new card now?
    Yes - input CC details (using uk post code)
    You have registered your CC details successfully - automatically reverts to game purchase page
    Hit buy
    Message - you do not have a credit card associated with this account.....

......over and over.

Tried to buy it from the website, but that didn't work either.

I've given up -my mother shall not have Angry Birds.

I downloaded a few free games for her, so soften the blow :o

Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hard to say what's wrong.

If I remember right for myself (Irish Acc) I set up my payment details over Zune.

Set up my mums account on the phone using an Ulster Bank Visa Debit card.

Last thing you could try is going into your Microsoft account (your Hotmail/ Live ID)

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/ you can add payment method directly there. Could give that a try too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Will give that ago - may take me a week or so to psych myself up to tackling it again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

or should you say avoid any third party repair company at all cost!

Yes once I get my HTC sorted out I'll be sending it off to Nokia. My Lumia's back up and running fine now as long as I don't update to the latest software :D

• Advertisement

Mum's phone back today. They said they did a software update. Phone back on Mango firmware, working fine now.

Though scared to upgrade it to Tango now in case it *ucks it up again.

Mum's phone back today. They said they did a software update. Phone back on Mango firmware, working fine now.

Though scared to upgrade it to Tango now in case it *ucks it up again.

Your Mum's phone was working fine on MAngo the problem only happened when you upgraded the phone. You should have received a phone with the latest firmware, something doesn't seem right there??

I've no problem running my phone on Mango, it just won't charge when its on Tango. They are giving me a new phone as there is no software fix for it. :D

Your Mum's phone was working fine on MAngo the problem only happened when you upgraded the phone. You should have received a phone with the latest firmware, something doesn't seem right there??

I've no problem running my phone on Mango, it just won't charge when its on Tango. They are giving me a new phone as there is no software fix for it. :D

Well Fonfix just flashed it back to Mango. They always say that, they always put a label on it saying "a software update has been performed and your phone has the latest manufacturers approved software"

It says that for any phone that has software fault, but they always come back with old software, never seen one phone come back with the latest software.

Well Fonfix just flashed it back to Mango. They always say that, they always put a label on it saying "a software update has been performed and your phone has the latest manufacturers approved software"

It says that for any phone that has software fault, but they always come back with old software, never seen one phone come back with the latest software.

Mine did, it came back with the latest firmware yesterday. They where also waiting for a replacement to arrive from Nokia as they didn't have a cyan lumia to give me.

They phoned me personally to explain their side of the story. Nokia have started an investigation into exactly what fonemenders did and how it ended up with Fonfix.

Fonfix have actually being quite good and the only problem I had with them was that they gave me back my phone with the latest Vodafone branded firmware.

I won't mind now once I get a new lumia that doesn't have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dub XV wrote: »
    In the apps list. There should be Nokia maps and Nokia drive.

From the home screen swipe the arrow left (the arrow is on the top right) at the top . That will show stuff like that.
    Well that doesn't seem to be working for her....

Any other suggestions?!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well that doesn't seem to be working for her....

Any other suggestions?!

You sure you got a Nokia Lumia? Its pre installed with every device, if you deleted it you can get it back by going to the marketplace to the Nokia Collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's not me, it's a friend who is in Ireland!

She has a Lumia, hence why I asked here! She says she has Nokia Maps and Drive on the device, installed the maps for California(cause she's going on a holiday there) but they are not showing up anywhere!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is it Nokia Drive that she can't find or is it the specific maps for California?

FWIW the maps don't show up as a separately installed item, they're just content within Drive.

kmart6 wrote: »
    It's not me, it's a friend who is in Ireland!

She has a Lumia, hence why I asked here! She says she has Nokia Maps and Drive on the device, installed the maps for California(cause she's going on a holiday there) but they are not showing up anywhere!

If she loads up drive and goes to Settings -> Manage Maps, any maps she has installed will appear there.

mum's phone dead again. Didn't update the phone. Just left it on whatever came back from repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Hey guys,

So whats the general view on this phone? My dad is looking at getting it, this would be his first touch screen phone. I have never used a WP7 phone, only android, never had any time for WP7 but he seems to like the look of it matched with the beats headphones from emobile.

would you recommend this to him or tell him to go for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

allen175 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So whats the general view on this phone? My dad is looking at getting it, this would be his first touch screen phone. I have never used a WP7 phone, only android, never had any time for WP7 but he seems to like the look of it matched with the beats headphones from emobile.

Windows is great for someone who has never had a touch/smart phone before.

Its not as restricted as Apples iOS, but its more user friendly than Android. Its a great halfway point between the two.

Battery life is great, I can get two days out of mine with fairly heavy use, and up to 4 if I'm not using wifi, 3G, games etc.

Its definitely worth considering.

Hey guys,

I got both my parents a Windows Phone and they find them very easy to use. They never had a smart phone before. I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Thanks for that guys.

Thanks for that guys.

My mum came from an Android phone. She has no complaints.

Just the few niggles with the phone itself not being able to charge before. Her phone went off earlier and its up again running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone know where/how I could get a Lumia 800 unlocked? Have an Orange UK version and I'm moving back to Ireland. Want to use this after I move.

If there's no free options then I'm keen to hear any paid alternatives.

Any info would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Missus' lumia is dead.. must be the tango bug thing a few of you were having.. what's the best way to deal with this..
    any advice appreciated

vicM wrote: »
    Missus' lumia is dead.. must be the tango bug thing a few of you were having.. what's the best way to deal with this..
    any advice appreciated

Best thing to do is avoid fonemenders and drop it into Fonfix. Dropped mine in this morning and they are awaiting for my replacement to arrive now.

Does the phone turn on if you plug it into a wall charger?

any advice appreciated

Best thing to do is avoid fonemenders and drop it into Fonfix. Dropped mine in this morning and they are awaiting for my replacement to arrive now.

Does the phone turn on if you plug it into a wall charger?

It doesnt come on and is juat completely dead..do i need to bring along proof of purchase or call nokia/amazon or just bring along the phone?

It doesnt come on and is juat completely dead..do i need to bring along proof of purchase or call nokia/amazon or just bring along the phone?

No they check the warranty against the imei. 2 years on a Nokia anyway.

OK..was just about to ask where they would get the IMEI but just spotted it..will head to finglas then..thanks AV, someone is lost without her Lumia

I got my Lumia back today......well I got a new replacement.

My charging issue is gone.
    I have a handset with the lastest software.
    I can send and receive mms, at last.

Happy again. I hope it stays in pwo.

Dropped the Lumia to fonfix today (was a little peeved i had to pay a handling charge)just seen on the site that the case is closed so may pop in later to retrieve it, have to say, it is a quick turnaround.

Dropped the Lumia to fonfix today (was a little peeved i had to pay a handling charge)just seen on the site that the case is closed so may pop in later to retrieve it, have to say, it is a quick turnaround.

I pressume its just a software glitch for charging. They have the handling charge cause they want customer to send the phones in directly through the retailers or directly to the OEM. Stupid but its what they do.

I updated my mum's lumia 800 to the latest and greatest the other day. This time it got the Nokia firmware and seems to work great so far.

• Advertisement

I had updated the phone to the latest update including the firmware, so dont know why it stalled,shall be asking for a report when picking up the phone

Advertisement