Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

TBi wrote: »
    WP7 has always separated firmware and OS updates. The OS update is compatible with multiple devices, the firmware is device specific.

I take it then that the firmware will be somewhere down the line? O2 are the only company listed on the nokia website 'waiting for approval'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Anyone here with vodafone that was successful with the update? I still cant get it

With vodafone, os and firmware updated fine for me last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

FGR wrote: »
    I take it then that the firmware will be somewhere down the line? O2 are the only company listed on the nokia website 'waiting for approval'.

Meteor has one of the models still waiting for approval too. Still haven't got it on my mums so I presume she has the model variation that's not approved yet.

Not that she cares anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mine weren't seperated, I got them all one after the other(country variant germany though). I wonder why that's not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Are you sure you have all the os updates? With the wife's Nokia 710 I had to force 2 os updates before the frmware update appeared.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Do-more wrote: »
    Are you sure you have all the os updates? With the wife's Nokia 710 I had to force 2 os updates before the frmware update appeared.

Yep, try to keep forcing updates. After the third update for me the firmware update starting installing automatically.

Bulmers wrote: »
    Hi All

A bit embaraased i have to ask this as there are really good tips on how to force this upgrade but for the life of me i cant get it working and seems everyone else can..lol

what i am doing is

- turn off data connection on phone
    - connect phone to pc, zune auto opens
    - start update search from zune menu
    - kill wifi connection on laptop after 3 secs
    - what i get then is the searching icon is still "searching" and then i get message that the search cant be completed on zune
    - repeat above ( close zune / disconnect phone and restart all over )

am i doing this correct, i have tried it numerous times and no luck - seems to me i am following the procedure but doesn't seem to be working so just wanted to check this is what other people seen.

i have a sim free finland variant phone on Voda, update not appearing in zune still.

cheers

You will have to monitor the network activity as you click update. You can use task manager for this (or another freely available network monitoring tool). Click update, wait for the network activity to spike, then disconnect wi-fi. Update should be available. You may have to keep trying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Mine weren't seperated, I got them all one after the other(country variant germany though). I wonder why that's not the case here.

They weren't separated in time but they were separate downloads. They shouldn't really be separated in time but people do a trick to get the latest OS but this does not include the latest firmware (as it's a separate download).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mine has updated without forcing it through Zune. Vodafone phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Has anyone registered for the deal regarding the headphones? got a text saying I could go on lumiamonster.ie on todays date but it says my number is not correct,

• Advertisement

Has anyone registered for the deal regarding the headphones? got a text saying I could go on lumiamonster.ie on todays date but it says my number is not correct,

Try entering full number with country code i.e. 00353 + number without 0.

Terms & Conditions:

Offer applies only to the original purchase of this Lumia mobile phone model in Ireland from authorized retailers between 1st July 2012 and 31st July 2012 (“Qualifying Purchase”). Accessories are available for this offer only while supplies last.

Wonder if this works for anyone - most on here bought the phone prior to those dates, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Can anyone help - I'm tearing my hair out.

My mother has this phone (bought through vodafone here) and at the ripe age of 72 want to play angry birds :eek

So when I go into Marketplace and try to buy, it looks for me to register a CC card (this is already done on Zune). When I try to enter details, it looks for a UK address and number. It won't accept an Irish number/address. When I try to enter a UK address/card no. it says we're in the incorrect region.

Vodafone don't want to know, and say can reset the phone by returning it to Nokia, so they can reset the region???

Zune allows her to back up photo's etc, but not contacts (that I can see) so if we send it away, she'll lose all her numbers.

Is there a simple solution at all (other than murdering my brother for showing her angry birds in the first place :mad: )

juke wrote: »
    Can anyone help - I'm tearing my hair out.

My mother has this phone (bought through vodafone here) and at the ripe age of 72 want to play angry birds :eek

So when I go into Marketplace and try to buy, it looks for me to register a CC card (this is already done on Zune). When I try to enter details, it looks for a UK address and number. It won't accept an Irish number/address. When I try to enter a UK address/card no. it says we're in the incorrect region.

Vodafone don't want to know, and say can reset the phone by returning it to Nokia, so they can reset the region???

Zune allows her to back up photo's etc, but not contacts (that I can see) so if we send it away, she'll lose all her numbers.

Is there a simple solution at all (other than murdering my brother for showing her angry birds in the first place :mad: )

Ok the reason why its asking for an English address is because some one set the locale on the live account as a UK one. Therefore this is the reason why its looking for a UK account. You cant reset your live ID to a new region.

I have my mum's 800 set up with a UK Live ID. I put in a Visa Debit details in and used a fake UK post code. Then entered our address as normal. Worked out fine.

She might see all the content prices in pounds but she got more apps and she's got Zune Music pass :)

It can be done. Though I did put in the CC details on the phone. Fake UK Postcode is easily found on the internet.

Oh and all your contacts are backed up with the Windows Live ID or Hotmail so she doesn't have to be scared of loosing the contacts. Everything else will be gone. Sending it out to Nokia is not going to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Ok the reason why its asking for an English address is because some one set the locale on the live account as a UK one. Therefore this is the reason why its looking for a UK account. You cant reset your live ID to a new region.

Thanks for replying, I think I'm going mad. I just logged into her account window's live account and it's set as Ireland
    I have my mum's 800 set up with a UK Live ID. I put in a Visa Debit details in and used a fake UK post code. Then entered our address as normal. Worked out fine.

I tried my brothers UK address (and post code) and cc number, and it wouldn't accept it, saying I'm not in the correct region :confused:

Are you saying use the Irish CC card, and UK address?

Thanks,

juke wrote: »
    Thanks for replying, I think I'm going mad. I just logged into her account window's live account and it's set as Ireland

I tried my brothers UK address (and post code) and cc number, and it wouldn't accept it, saying I'm not in the correct region :confused:

Are you saying use the Irish CC card, and UK address?

Thanks,

Try that. Idk. As I said I entered an Irish Visa Debit card details. Used my own address, but in the postcode part I entered the fake post code I got of the internet.

go to www.windowsphone.com go to the marketplace and try to buy the app from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lads, quick question....going to seem like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure of the answer?!

Are all the 800's locked to their respective networks?!

Just I can't get it or the 900 over here and really want to move on from my N8, the fact that Nokia are running this headphone offer at the minute makes it even more appealing to get someone at home to send it over to me!!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Lads, quick question....going to seem like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure of the answer?!

Just I can't get it or the 900 over here and really want to move on from my N8, the fact that Nokia are running this headphone offer at the minute makes it even more appealing to get someone at home to send it over to me!!

Most of them are locked at this stage. That offer is running only with network stores only I think. So they are definitively gonna be locked. If its bill your looking at the network has to provide you with an unlocking code anyway.

I bought mine off amazon Germany and it is not operator locked. I can put any network SIM into it. However, it may be different over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Had a feeling it wouldn't be possible.....ah well.....Nokia are really beginning to test my patience though!!

Had a feeling it wouldn't be possible.....ah well.....Nokia are really beginning to test my patience though!!

They could just buy it off amazon.co.uk and get the offer.

• Advertisement

They could just buy it off amazon.co.uk and get the offer.

Nope, you have to buy it off authorised retailers in Ireland:

Offer applies only to the original purchase of this Lumia mobile phone model in Ireland from authorized retailers between 1st July 2012 and 31st July

My phone is being updated as we speak :D

The first update was successful but Then I saw there was another update available so I said sure why not, Then this happened http://gyazo.com/3c2aaefebb291198f0e2ebe53edcfec2 ,

Any Ideas?

The first update was successful but Then I saw there was another update available so I said sure why not, Then this happened http://gyazo.com/3c2aaefebb291198f0e2ebe53edcfec2 ,

Any Ideas?

Happened to me too because i was playing around with the phone, it didn't seem to want to turn off.

Just turn the phone on, reconnect it to the computer and restart the update process.

Happened to me too because i was playing around with the phone, it didn't seem to want to turn off.

Just turn the phone on, reconnect it to the computer and restart the update process.

Thank you very much, It worked a treat

EDIT: Now that I have Internet Sharing, and The Unlock code, Can i port over to 3 ( prepay) and get unlimited data and then use that like a mobile Hotspot for a Laptop/Ipod?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Speaker has stopped working, I can't be heard in a call but sound is there when playing music, just muted. Will head to fonemenders tomorrow, any idea of the cost or turnaround time to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

It can be done. Though I did put in the CC details on the phone. Fake UK Postcode is easily found on the internet.

Oh and all your contacts are backed up with the Windows Live ID or Hotmail so she doesn't have to be scared of loosing the contacts. Everything else will be gone. Sending it out to Nokia is not going to change anything.
    Is there some trick to this synchronization lark then?

I've added and removed my winlive account from our Lumia a half dozen times and I'm still having no luck with getting my contacts into the email account.

We have/had a gmail account set up on the phone, (seems to be the primary) if that has any bearing on things. Can't remove said gmail account now and all it syncs are emails which is useless to me?

So any idears folks?
    Surely there has to be an easier way of exporting your contacts from the lumia. Even some 3rd party software that lets me copy them into a spreadsheet or something would suffice. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Has anybody actually managed to claim their headphones yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Finally got the notification on my VF Ireland Lumia 800 tonight that there's a software update! So relieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

Is your friend on bill? If so just ask him to get an unlocking code from the network. For whatever reason the lumia's are quite expensive and hard to unlock. I found a few websites ranging up to 60 euro's.

After contacting o2 on his behalf with his number and imei. Have requested an unlock code so here's hoping!

Advertisement