Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Update finally came through Met Nokia. 8773 but no firmware update to go with it. No internet sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Nokia have O2 Ireland's firmware update published on a certain firmware related program. Wouldn't recommend anyone try it though unless they know what they're doing.

I'm quite happy with my features, Nokia Extras..and O2 related content on the home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nokia.Repair

Type Region and Language in the search engine on your computer and make sure Formats is English (Ireland) and Location is set to Ireland. This should sort out any Credit Card issues and also any Update issues through ZUNE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

There's a new app (Beta) out for the Lumia that tracks your phones usage eg, data, calls and text. You can download the beta from here:

Untitled-14.jpg

AntiVirus wrote: »
    There's a new app (Beta) out for the Lumia that tracks your phones usage eg, data, calls and text. You can download the beta from here:

Untitled-14.jpg

Is that for Tango handsets only or for all of them?

• Advertisement

Is that for Tango handsets only or for all of them?

Tango updated Lumia's only.

Tango updated Lumia's only.

It has tango. No bloody firmware though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Just got an 800..My first smart phone apart from a Huaewai Asscent that I got a loan off for a week.
    My god the Lumia is quick!

Is there any window equivalent of Dublin Bus android app?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

eire-kp wrote: »
    Just got an 800..My first smart phone apart from a Huaewai Asscent that I got a loan off for a week.

Yeah I use bus nearby which I find to be pretty good. i cant remember whether I had to pay or whether it was free. I have found it very accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Cheers must have a look for that!

• Advertisement

eire-kp wrote: »

Here's some:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/search?q=dublin%20bus

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

My Lumia started acting up.

When I took it off charge this morning it was only 64% charged. Beeped twice when I put it on charge.

Now I am having difficulty getting it to charge at all. Or at one stage whilst disconnected it beeped as if it was plugged in and showed the charging symbol.

Obvious thing would be a pysical issue. I am not convinced of this. It's well looked after and I am careful when using the usb. It may be plugged in and charging and without it moving at all it just stops.

When I plug into the laptop it might beep twice or more. Eventually connected to Zune and completed a sync. Other times my laptop tells me the device attached has malfunctioned.

Any similar problems/advice?

Cheers.

Well my mums Lumia 800 just stopped charging all together. Send it away for repair a day ago.

Well my mums Lumia 800 just stopped charging all together. Send it away for repair a day ago.

I have that problem with my Lumia too only after the update. If I flash the old software back phone charges fine. If I install the latest version the phone stops charging the battery.

I have that problem with my Lumia too only after the update. If I flash the old software back phone charges fine. If I install the latest version the phone stops charging the battery.

Well I didn't even have a chance to flash anything. It just stopped charging. Had to send it off. All her stuff lost now...

I can't revert to old software as it won't hold the connection to Zune long enough.

Dub XV wrote: »

I can't revert to old software as it won't hold the connection to Zune long enough.

I flashed using Nokia's own software. I tried lots of different version of the latest firmware and none of them would charge my phone. I would roll back to any pervious version of the firmware and the phone would charge fine.

I made the big mistake of returning mine to fonemenders almost 2 weeks ago and they have lied to me everytime I asked where my phone is. They hadn't even looked at it for a week. I should be getting it on Tuesday and I don't expect them to have it fixed.

I flashed using Nokia's own software. I tried lots of different version of the latest firmware and none of them would charge my phone. I would roll back to any pervious version of the firmware and the phone would charge fine.

I made the big mistake of returning mine to fonemenders almost 2 weeks ago and they have lied to me everytime I asked where my phone is. They hadn't even looked at it for a week. I should be getting it on Tuesday and I don't expect them to have it fixed.

Well my Titan's been away with Fonfix for the past 3 weeks. I requested it to be sent to HTC as last time they fixed it, they screwed up. Well it spent 3 weeks doing nothing. I was furious when I found out, cause last time I called up the company the woman told me it was off with HTC...

This was the reason I only wanted to deal with HTC and not with an Irish Repair company. Seems most of them are useless...

On a better note been using Lumia 610 for 2 days now :) have to say it has exceptional battery life :) Its very slow in certain stuff, like voice recognition sometimes or certain apps I wouldn't even try to use, but in the OS itself it flies. IE9 flies too so I rather use mobile apps rather than actual apps. I don't think most dev's have gotten around to code their apps lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Friend has an 800, going on holidays to California and has downloaded the maps for Nokia Drive, where would she find said maps?! Thanks guys...

kmart6 wrote: »
    Friend has an 800, going on holidays to California and has downloaded the maps for Nokia Drive, where would she find said maps?! Thanks guys...

In the apps list. There should be Nokia maps and Nokia drive.

From the home screen swipe the arrow left (the arrow is on the top right) at the top . That will show stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Get it to a dedicated Nokia Care Point. An official fix for this has been released last week.

http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/store-finder?nStoreTypes=470

I've heard nothing but negative stories about Fonemenders over the last 6-8 months, not just Nokia's either.

Get it to a dedicated Nokia Care Point. An official fix for this has been released last week.

Where did you see there was an official fix for this last week? I've not seen anything and I've been keeping a close eye on this.

I've heard nothing but negative stories about Fonemenders over the last 6-8 months, not just Nokia's either.

Here's my Fonemenders story:

1: Wed 1st of August - Phone dropped into fonemenders in Dublin. Told they would have to send it straight to Nokia.

2: Fri 3rd of August - Website tracking show's that the phone is still in Fonemenders waiting to be looked at. I rang them and they said it was just being picked up to go back to Nokia.

3:Tue 7th of August - Fonemenders website tracking still showing that they still had my phone. They told me there was a mistake on the website and it had been sent to Nokia on Friday and that the website would be updated any minute.

4: Wed 8th of August - Website still shows the phone is with Fonemenders but Fonemenders tell me that Nokia have received the phone now and to just wait 5-7 working days for it. I ring Nokia and they say they have not received my phone. I decide to wait a couple more days..

5: Fri 10th of August - Nokia say they still haven't received the phone. I contact Fonemenders who say they didn't send it to Nokia but sent it to ANovo and that ANovo definitely have my phone. I ring ANovo and they said my phone isn't on their system. I ring Fonememnders back and they say "Don't worry your phone is with ANovo". I tell them to email ANovo and tell them to return my phone today. I also told them to cc me on the email.

Fonemenders send ANovo an email (cc me) asking them to return my phone asap and ANovo reply saying "What phone? We don't have it"

I ring Fonemenders who then tell me the phone is in fact in Dublin with another company (FONFIX) and was only sent there on Wednesday the 8th. I've told them I want my phone back.

6: Mon 13th of August
    I received a call from fonemenders saying that FONFIX could not fix my phone and are waiting on a replacement but because I have requested my phone back I will get my current phone back.

7:Tue 14th of August
    Still waiting for my phone which I have been promised to receive back today.

:mad:

Where did you see there was an official fix for this last week? I've not seen anything and I've been keeping a close eye on this.

Disclaimer: I work for a Nokia Care Point, I'm front end staff, not a techie per se, but the Lumia's that have arrived with this problem have been going back out without a hitch.

Anovo are a well organised repair hub, there is never any problems with missing phones etc. from them.
    Fonemenders and Fonfix are competitors essentially, why they sent your phone to Fonfix is beyond me.
    Your closest Nokia Care Points are Navan or Arklow, either that or you can arrange a postal service
    http://http://www.nokia.com/NOKIA_IRELAND_10/Get_Support/Repair/freepost_forms/freepost-return-form-V15.pdf

The Lumia is a great phone, despite some of the negative press it's got, it's a shame you're being treated like this. If you're at your wits end, post it to our Care Point (Galway) and mark it for my attention, we'll sort it in a jiffey.

Disclaimer: I work for a Nokia Care Point, I'm front end staff, not a techie per se, but the Lumia's that have arrived with this problem have been going back out without a hitch.

Anovo are a well organised repair hub, there is never any problems with missing phones etc. from them.
    Fonemenders and Fonfix are competitors essentially, why they sent your phone to Fonfix is beyond me.
    Your closest Nokia Care Points are Navan or Arklow, either that or you can arrange a postal service
    http://http://www.nokia.com/NOKIA_IRELAND_10/Get_Support/Repair/freepost_forms/freepost-return-form-V15.pdf

The Lumia is a great phone, despite some of the negative press it's got, it's a shame you're being treated like this. If you're at your wits end, post it to our Care Point (Galway) and mark it for my attention, we'll sort it in a jiffey.

Phones sent to that freepost address go to ANovo in the UK. I was on to them the other day. Also I'm pretty sure there's no firmware fix for the problem I'm having, its very isolated and a very new problem. They wouldn't just release a new firmware that quickly either, that would cause more problems than solve.

I've got my phone back with some Vodafone firmware on it, just flashed back to the previous version of the update and the battery problem is gone. I'll send it off when I a good temporary phone. I'll not be going back to fonemenders ever! :mad:

I'm not happy that fonemenders tried to off load the phone to Fonfix, that just doesn't seem right to me?

I'm not happy that fonemenders tried to off load the phone to Fonfix, that just doesn't seem right to me?

Makes no sense to me either, but not surprising :(
    Asked one of our techies what the fix was, said it was a minor update to something on the firmware, he couldn't see anything too obvious but I know it works, my own personal Lumia was the same as yours it, working away now again the finest :cool:

I hope you get it sorted one way or another, no harm mailing Nokia Ireland about this, from an insider perspective, this is a real whopper tbh

Makes no sense to me either, but not surprising :(
    Asked one of our techies what the fix was, said it was a minor update to something on the firmware, he couldn't see anything too obvious but I know it works, my own personal Lumia was the same as yours it, working away now again the finest :cool:

I hope you get it sorted one way or another, no harm mailing Nokia Ireland about this, from an insider perspective, this is a real whopper tbh

Nokia have told me there isn't any other version available. If it was just a firmware updated anyone could have fixed it and they did update the firmware anyway.

Whats your version number?

??

FonFix and Fonemenders are Nokia Care Points?

Dub XV wrote: »
    ??

FonFix and Fonemenders are Nokia Care Points?

Yes, but I'd avoid fonemenders at all costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Exactly not what it says on the tin...

• Advertisement

Yes, but I'd avoid fonemenders at all costs!

or should you say avoid any third party repair company at all cost!

Advertisement