Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Should people on my Friends list be able to join my non-public games whenver they choose?

Keeps happening, but only with these 2 'Friends'. I can't see how they are doing it though. I only see a 'Request Invite' open in the Social window.

there is an option to turn off quick join

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

nix wrote: »
    What items can give life on hit besides weapons and amulets?

Gonna need to get 6mil atleast to get a weapon with decent stats and worthy life on hit :(

Weapons, amulets and rings are the main slots. You can get it on legendaries and some set items aswell but I wouldn't worry about that for now.

It is expensive to build up unfortunately, also you need to work on Increased attack speed with it and that comes from the same slots + gloves so essentially you need a weapon an amulet and 2 rings with increased attack speed and life on hit. You might have to start out with blues that give just the 2 for now.

I got very lucky with my weapon, got an instant buy-out for 2 million but it's easily worth 10+. But trust me, with an attack speed of 2.6 and 1400 life on hit I can tank any normal mobs in the game and alot of champion / elite packs by standing there beating on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

Know I'm coming in late to the party but is this game available anywhere in Dublin in a shop? Have been trying for the past week and a half in anywhere I could think of and it's sold out everywhere. I'd rather not pay the sixty Euro Blizzard are looking for, especially on my less than stellar internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

****...me

I went onto the AH last night, dropped about maybe 10-15k and got essentially a massively upgraded set.

All of a sudden where I was brick walling, was absolutely no issue, what so ever. I'm now flying through the Act 2 hell.

Then stupidly spent a **** ton of money on upgrading Jewelcrafting, no idea how I sank 150k in a matter of minutes, but it happened, o well.

Definitly not liking that part of the game, how I was driven to the AH to get myself geared enough to overcome the wall I was at. Felt like cheating, and I also feel like a moron because its obviously the way everyone else has been playing, confirmed by the fellas I was chatting to last night.

And there I was farming previous bosses and acts, like a spa : /

O well, hopefully cleared by the weekend and onto Inferno.

Buy gear then trolololol my way to Diablo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yup, farming for loot is pointless im finding out, ive farmed probably over 1000 rares and maybe 5 of them were decent.

The 3 legendaries ive found were from a corpse, barrel and random crappy skeleton.

The only thing worth anything is gold and you need ALOT of it..

I killed Maghda on inferno last night, was feeling really chuffed that i had overcome the wall i hit and figured id be able to get through all of act2, got to the sewers part and back over the wall, getting tired of it..

Only stat i can think of building on now is life on hit, and anything good with life on hit on it will cost you in the millions. So ive to get a weapons, rings and amulets with life on hit on it, also need to make sure they dont gimp my other must have stats like str/vit/res all. So im gonna need about 30 mil.. thats clearing most of act1 30 times.. if i dont get super lucky with finding stuff i can sell, which in my experience thus far, is highly unlikely...

I think ill just go back and roll range, they just need to stack damage mostly and kite everything..still hard but they wont need millions upon millions to gear up as much via AH..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I said it before, i'll say it again. The AH is a terrible idea for this kind of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    I said it before, i'll say it again. The AH is a terrible idea for this kind of game.

true, it destroyed that trading concept diablo 2 had. diablo 2 people will remember jumping from trade1 to trade25 and looking for shako, storm or oculus. good old days! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Kiith wrote: »

It certainly makes the game completely different from other "loot crawlers" - where you equip your drops and whatever an in game vendor might sell you.

They really need to stop weapon churning/2nd hand items - it's silly you can "rent" a decent weapon buy it for 50k @ level 30 and sell it a day later for pretty much the same price - completely retarded - I used to hate "bind to account" type items but now I see why they're necessary.

Auction house and the game would be far better if when an item is bought and used it can't be resold.

Also I hear that it's possible to get level 1-60 on a new char in just a few hours with some mates ... that true?

Probably, In Diablo 2, people used to get run through the acts to get to hell mode and then follow friends around the cow level, it was insane how fast you would level in there..

Well one more legendary.

Some ****y 300dps 1 hander with little procent converted to life. :(

Can anyone confirm a legendary drop from any boss? I found 3 legendaries so far and all of them were from random simple mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well one more legendary.

Some ****y 300dps 1 hander with little procent converted to life. :(

Can anyone confirm a legendary drop from any boss? I found 3 legendaries so far and all of them were from random simple mob.

Can't remember getting too many legendaries in D2 off bosses either.

A boss might give 10 times better item drops than normal mobs and still the probability of getting a legendary off them is vanishingly small. Much better chance getting them off the millions of normal monsters and barrels.

They dropped alot more frequently, uniques they were called in D2 and set items dropped more frequently in D2 also, ive yet to see a set item drop for myself or anyone in any of the parties ive been in..

Gbear wrote: »
    Can't remember getting too many legendaries in D2 off bosses either.

A boss might give 10 times better item drops than normal mobs and still the probability of getting a legendary off them is vanishingly small. Much better chance getting them off the millions of normal monsters and barrels.

you havent farmed mephisto hell enough then so ;). i almost lived there! :D

I dunno has this link been posted yet but it goes into a bit more detail about the upcoming 1.0.3 patch:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5055288/Patch_103_Design_Preview-06_06_2012#blog

nix wrote: »
    They dropped alot more frequently, uniques they were called in D2 and set items dropped more frequently in D2 also, ive yet to see a set item drop for myself or anyone in any of the parties ive been in..
    you havent farmed mephisto hell enough then so ;). i almost lived there! :D

You got them alright, but if they've set out from day 1 that there would be generally fewer legendary and set drops, I don't think that there's fewer legendaries relative to normal mobs.

Having said that, I'm in nightmare with my barb (levelling up all 5 classes in tandem, more or less) and boss fights in act 2 and 3 have been giving me far worse gear than they did in normal.
    In normal and act 1 nightmare I was getting 2-3 rares + blues + gems per fight.
    Belial only gave blues as has Ghom a minute ago.

I dunno has this link been posted yet but it goes into a bit more detail about the upcoming 1.0.3 patch:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5055288/Patch_103_Design_Preview-06_06_2012#blog

You got them alright, but if they've set out from day 1 that there would be generally fewer legendary and set drops, I don't think that there's fewer legendaries relative to normal mobs.

Having said that, I'm in nightmare with my barb (levelling up all 5 classes in tandem, more or less) and boss fights in act 2 and 3 have been giving me far worse gear than they did in normal.
    In normal and act 1 nightmare I was getting 2-3 rares + blues + gems per fight.
    Belial only gave blues as has Ghom a minute ago.

The Diablo is - random random random. The higher the difficulty is, the more items are added to loot table, but that does not mean that it will always drop better stuff then normal.

I would recomend sticking to one class and get it to 60 inferno act 2. It will be your main work horse. You will get all income from your main character. They used to be called mf baba, mf sorca, mf AMA etc. it is way easyer and better, because you will be able to supply your alts with high level gear.

I got my DH to farm act 1 inferno butcher and I started levelling baba. It was so cool to buy 2xlvl 18 weapons with sockets and drop in high level gems in to them. I was 1 hitting everything. Now I bough lvl 25 weapons and put gems in to them. :D

I got my DH to farm act 1 inferno butcher and I started levelling baba. It was so cool to buy 2xlvl 18 weapons with sockets and drop in high level gems in to them. I was 1 hitting everything. Now I bough lvl 25 weapons and put gems in to them. :D

In related news, someone was mentioning how pointless gems were when you could buy them for pittance on the AH. They're reducing the gold cost of improving gems about 50 fold

In related news, someone was mentioning how pointless gems were when you could buy them for pittance on the AH. They're reducing the gold cost of improving gems about 50 fold

Just read that those changes.

I like that they finally realised how stupid legendaries were. Finding a legendary is nice, but you already know that it will be just a paperweight and shiny in your chest.
    Nerfing inferno? *sigh* I guess moaners won again. I hope they won't listen to moaners as much as they did with wrath of the lock king expansion in wow.
    Crafting costs go down? Good idea. I don't bother breaking trash loot anymore I just sell it on. Maybe they will make crafting usefull.
    Repair cost go up? Great idea.

I still didn't understood the whole idea about coop difficulty being nerfed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

gem prices for crafting will only be reduced for ones that can drop. so anything above a flawless square won't be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sools

anyone played hardcor eyet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Grrrr, going through normal on my DH and I've been rolling through the game with ease but I just keep being killed by Diablo! I'm avoiding the cages he throws up, but I just take to much damage from him and SS doesn't seem to be helping! I might have to go against my principles and buy some gear in the AH (even though I'm doing nearly 800dps as a level 32)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Grrrr, going through normal on my DH and I've been rolling through the game with ease but I just keep being killed by Diablo! I'm avoiding the cages he throws up, but I just take to much damage from him and SS doesn't seem to be helping! I might have to go against my principles and buy some gear in the AH (even though I'm doing nearly 800dps as a level 32)

Just dont get hit.

He's slow and all his attacks are a pattern. Move when he starts casting the cages, his fireballs leave gaps you can dodge easily, and his big lazer beam goes in an arc so you can just run ahead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i think im gonna have to bite the bullet and buy this from gamestop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

caspa307 wrote: »

Good luck with that - it's not in stock anywhere. I've spent the week phoning around places and dropping in, but no joy. Gamestop, HMV, Argos and Smyths all have zero stock in Dublin.

In fact if anyone knows of a shop in Dublin that has it, I'd be extremely grateful.

Some good changes, some not so good. I'm not liking their approach to attack speed. They say they're nerfing it as they feel too many are using it and they want all build styles to be viable but that makes no sense. The reason so many people use it is because it is absolutely necessary for melee to be viable in Inferno. Nerfing it isn't going to make people go "Oh hey this isn't as good anymore i'm going to try a different approach." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

caspa307 wrote: »

Gamestop in Cork had the boxes labeled as in stock soon so you might try getting them to hold you a copy.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Some good changes, some not so good. I'm not liking their approach to attack speed. They say they're nerfing it as they feel too many are using it and they want all build styles to be viable but that makes no sense. The reason so many people use it is because it is absolutely necessary for melee to be viable in Inferno. Nerfing it isn't going to make people go "Oh hey this isn't as good anymore i'm going to try a different approach." :rolleyes:

What's really bizarre is that despite saying they want more diversity, they've dumbed down the stats for weapons - there are far fewer different kinds of magic attributes in D3 than in D2, and they've also streamlined how damage is dealt - every weapon affects the standard DPS stat, rather than attack and spells being different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sools wrote: »
    anyone played hardcor eyet

Level 20 Barb. I'm jumping alot through characters but might give him some more love this week.

Its slower paced obviously, taking your time through the areas as you are really gear dependant and dont want to do anything silly.

Goblins turn into a cock tease, as when you chase you inevitably pull so much crap with it.

But its a really good mode and option, suprised there isnt many rage videos of people raging over death.

Kungens first Barb 60 died while he was alt tabbed and he lold.
    His Monk 60 died after a net disconnect in Sweden and he was " meh"

Wish I had that amount of time to level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Good luck with that - it's not in stock anywhere. I've spent the week phoning around places and dropping in, but no joy. Gamestop, HMV, Argos and Smyths all have zero stock in Dublin.

In fact if anyone knows of a shop in Dublin that has it, I'd be extremely grateful.

in stock in all gamestops in limerick lol

TheDoc wrote: »
    Level 20 Barb. I'm jumping alot through characters but might give him some more love this week.

Its slower paced obviously, taking your time through the areas as you are really gear dependant and dont want to do anything silly.

Goblins turn into a cock tease, as when you chase you inevitably pull so much crap with it.

But its a really good mode and option, suprised there isnt many rage videos of people raging over death.

Kungens first Barb 60 died while he was alt tabbed and he lold.
    His Monk 60 died after a net disconnect in Sweden and he was " meh"

Wish I had that amount of time to level :D

He is seriously chilled out ha.

If my level 60 hardcore character died due to a disconnect I would eat my router, snap my motherboard in half and throw my monitor at a bus!!!

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    He is seriously chilled out ha.

If my level 60 hardcore character died due to a disconnect I would eat my router, snap my motherboard in half and throw my monitor at a bus!!!

I can just imagine you, standing at a bus stop in the rain for half an hour, grinding your teeth and grumbling with a monitor in your hand.:D

Advertisement