Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found this post + video on gamefaqs of an interview with a Chinese farmer regarding hacking and gold farming. Dont know if its legit or not, but if its truth its damn shocking.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/63038521

Worth a read of the OP and a quick skim through the actual video itself as its almost unbearable to watch with the delay in answering of the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

OK, I give up on Act 2 Inferno.

Level 60 Monk & Wizard. Each with over 55k hp, 6k armor, and mid 500's on resists. Life steal, life on hit, life on spirit spent...none of it makes any difference. No way to beat enemies that have desecrater, shielding , arcane & can jail you every 3 seconds. 19 deaths on Monk & never got the mobs below 50% HP.

Actually, this sums it up nicely.
    https://images.nonexiste.net/popular/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Every-elite-pack-on-Inferno-mode-in-Diablo-3.jpeg

Either I really don't know what I'm doing, or Act II is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Level 60 Monk & Wizard. Each with over 55k hp, 6k armor, and mid 500's on resists. Life steal, life on hit, life on spirit spent...none of it makes any difference. No way to beat enemies that have desecrater, shielding , arcane & can jail you every 3 seconds. 19 deaths on Monk & never got the mobs below 50% HP.

https://images.nonexiste.net/popular/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Every-elite-pack-on-Inferno-mode-in-Diablo-3.jpeg

very few people can do act 2. that's why they are fixing it in the upcomming patch. my advice, skip to act 3. get someone with a waypoint to belial and kill him.
    I've wasted countless hours and money trying to beat act 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Your damage must be REALLY low on the wizard ? 30k hp is enough for act 2 if you've got decent damage. I stomp all over it with 28k, less than 4k armor and 180 all resist(I have only one piece of all resist gear), 68k dmg.

Honestly, as a wizard you shouldn't really be worrying too much about your defensive stats (In act 2 anyway, act 3/4 is different) as long as you can take a couple of hits from light mobs. Act 2 is all about kiting. Yes you can run into a bit of a problem in the sewers IF you get a ****ty pack near the entrance and have no room to kite(In which case, reload the game).

By FAR the most important stat for a wizard is runspeed imo, you'll need at least 15% to beable to kite effectively. Attack speed is also very important.

There are some unfair packs, blizzard have said they'll be tuning them, but really if your dying more than 3/4 times to a pack with no progress, skip or reload them(Its almost always possible to do so with the wizard anyway with a simple spec change).

Honestly tho, going by your stats, it sounds like you've built a melee wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am lost when it cones to buying gear for inferno for my wiz, what should I be looking for when it comes to upgrading my armour.

Is it vitality and armour I really need to be looking for? Whats this resistance business......SO OUTTA THE LOOP.

I know playing on INFERNO is a whole different kettle of kebabs but thats what all you GEEKs are on here for :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Currently on act III inferno on my DH (nothing skipped), 42k DPS base - 90k DPS with Sharpshooter active - just before the spider boss in Arreat Crater Lv2 >.>

20k hp, 0 resists! :D

Act II was extremely unpleasant but got through it, some very unfriendly elites/champions, rest was grand, took about 5 attempts to beat Belial. But the difficulty jump from Act I to Act II is insane, completely changed my playstyle and skills. Act III is also deeply unpleasant in parts, so you guys better go back to the drawing board if you can't beat Act II! ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I can do a full clear of Act2 without skipping any packs with no deaths on my Monk. On my mobile atm but ill give you the run down of my gear and build once I get on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i decided to buy diablo 3 yesterday and for certain reasons i went for the cheaper option of the russian version and as of today blizzard have decided to stop letting people play that version in english. if it wasnt in english from the start it would be ok but it was, it was being played in english and now they decide to patch it. there is a thread on here about it https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209821334?page=1
    its a disgrace, so what if some company decides to sell it cheap, that is their option and then we are made suffer for it. never buying anything from blizzard again with their cheap tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    i decided to buy diablo 3 yesterday and for certain reasons i went for the cheaper option of the russian version and as of today blizzard have decided to stop letting people play that version in english. if it wasnt in english from the start it would be ok but it was, it was being played in english and now they decide to patch it. there is a thread on here about it https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209821334?page=1
    its a disgrace, so what if some company decides to sell it cheap, that is their option and then we are made suffer for it. never buying anything from blizzard again with their cheap tactics

Did you buy the game from Blizzard though? From what you have said above it seems you bought it from a 3rd party?

Either way, time to learn some Russian comrade.

ye it was a third party but with an official blizzard key. pity that they reverted back to no english when they did say it would work in english and it was working in english.
    ah well looks like i wont get to experience diablo as much as i wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ye it was a third party but with an official blizzard key. pity that they reverted back to no english when they did say it would work in english and it was working in english.

If the site you bought it from said it was English, and it's not English, demand a refund. It's not up to Blizzard to give it to you, its whoever you bought it from.

Kiith wrote: »

If the site you bought it from said it was English, and it's not English, demand a refund. It's not up to Blizzard to give it to you, its whoever you bought it from.

Oh Ye I know that and I plan to get a refund from them but i would rather blizzard remove the patch that won't let you change to any other language so that it was the same as it was yesterday. Lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Oh Ye I know that and I plan to get a refund from them but i would rather blizzard remove the patch that won't let you change to any other language so that it was the same as it was yesterday. Lesson learned

How much did you buy it for in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

jabberwock wrote: »
    How much did you buy it for in the first place?

Mine was 35 euros. Would have bought it for 45 from argos/hmv/gamestop etc, but they've been sold out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just cleared ACT 1 inferno, no problems really in the end.

Act 2, tried it for about 30 minutes before getting bored of dying to 1-2 mortors or anytime anything got close.
    I'm well aware my gear isnt up to ACT 2 but I just wanted to see how bad it was....lesson learned I guess. I now see why people are whining about the jump in difficulty between act 1 and 2 haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Finally achieved my dream of wielding a useful 2-handed mace.:)

lvl 51 barb in nightmare (just about to fight Diablo). Equipping it doubled my damage from the 2 axes I was wielding to about 4.5k.
    With criticals I'm 1-shotting mallet lords, oppressors, fallen angels, and with cleave I'm occaisionally doing them all at once.:cool:

I looked in the AH for 2handers with 15% attack bonuses - otherwise they're useless.

Big Knox wrote: »
    I can do a full clear of Act2 without skipping any packs with no deaths on my Monk. On my mobile atm but ill give you the run down of my gear and build once I get on the laptop.

Normal mobs in Act 2 are really easy. And I can kill some of the Elite/Champion packs (I got to 5 valor stacks twice now. But there are so many unkillable packs that it's just frustrating.

My wizard has a much harder time, and I think it's because his damage is lower than it should be. That and the fact that most high damage skills require you to stand still, and Hydra can't hit a barn door at ten paces.

I'd appreciate a look at your gear and skill setup...would help me see what my weaknesses are.

Ok as a monk surviving act2 and above is all about maximizing your Effective Health. You need high all resists 600+ with 800 ideal and high armour to go along wth it 6k+ with 7.5k ideal. One thing I will say is Vitaity while a good stat comes way down the pecking order. Stat importance goes something like this

All resists + Armour > Dex > Increased attack sped > life on hit > vitality

You should aim to have your resists at about 1/10th of your Armour for the best mitigation. Obviously you need a good mix of all stats but you do not need a high health pool to survive, you need as much mitigation as possible and a way to regain hp as it drops. That comes in the form of skills (BoH and Serenity - peaceful response) and the one that makes the biggest difference - Life on Hit.

An attack speed of 2 per second is necessary and as much life on hit as possible is a huge bonus (Although expensive to build). If you can manage to get 1000 life on hit and have your attack speed above 2 then act2 will be no problem for you.

Next thing is build. For monks you pretty much need to go a full defensive build but there's a few changes you can make depending on how good your gear is. If you have no life on hit you need to tailor your build to give you as much health regen as possible but with life on hit that does that job for you and allows you to remove some of the regen and boost survivability in other areas.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bYXgQj!ZXU!ZYbacc

This build is for no life on hit, regen comes from BoH with Peaceful response while re-casting your mantra for the increased hp/sec. Deadly reach also allows you to keep distace from elites with molten / plagued and gives a nice armour buff.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXghj!ZXU!aYbYac

This build is for when you have got some decent life on hit. MoE replaces MoH as the dodge + armour buff is much superior and runes are changed to give the damage buff from BoH and the longer time on Serenity. Fists of Thunder replces Deady Reach and the thunderclap rune gives you the maximum life per hit on your attacks and the teleport is very handy to move around packs.

General info on both builds: the 3 passives are pretty much essential. Resolve damage debuff allows you to stay in longer, armour for dex is a no brainer and One with everything allows you to stack all resist + resist of your choice on gear and get over 600 all resists easily.

Mystic Aly is so underrated it's crazy. With the Earth rune you get 10% HP but more importantly is his taunt. A lot of monks don't realise you can continually recast him for an instant taunt and this is essential for certain packs. Get elites into a narrow corridor and you can use your Aly to tank them by recasting when needed.

Finally until you get life on hit you will need to Kite alot, attacking when Blind or Serenity is up and getting out again. Having life on hit this changes and you can stay on top of alot of packs depending on your resists / armour but remember you will still have to do some kiting.

TL;DR : Use a defensive build with BoH / Blind / Serenity and Mystic Aly. Stack resists to 700+ and armour 7k+ and start working on increasing your attack speed and life on hit and laugh your way to Act4.

Edit: I'll post my stats later when i'm on my gaming rig, but I have 800 all resists, 7.5k armour buffed, 2.5 attack speed and 1600 life on hit. Only 35k hp with Aly (I do need to increase this but it's fine for Act2/3) and 40% dodge with Mantra and shield has 20% / 4700 block. 23k DPS with BoH damage buff.

Thanks a lot for that. I'm going to make a few changes based on your build.

I reckon it's going to cost a few million for gear though, especially the weapon (I have a 920 dps weapon with 1.68 attack speed, but no life on hit for it). I need another 500-700 life on hit I think.

Thanks a lot for that. I'm going to make a few changes based on your build.

I reckon it's going to cost a few million for gear though, especially the weapon (I have a 920 dps weapon with 1.68 attack speed, but no life on hit for it). I need another 500-700 life on hit I think.

Yeah a good weapon with IAS and High life on hit is very expensive I got lucky with mine.

What you could do however is find a weapon with decent DPS, low life on hit but with a socket and make a star amethyst and put it in there for 300. You could make up 500 - 600 loh that way alot cheaper than buying out a weapon that will cost 5 mil+

You can get blue rings with 15% attack speed and 200+ loh for around 1 - 2 million but again sometimes they get put up alot cheaper so keep an eye out and try snatch one up.

• Advertisement

Three quarters of the way through Act 2 Inferno now with the advice from Big Knox. Came across 7 packs that I couldn't kill. Killed the other 60+, though took a few deaths.

Earth Ally is so much better than I thought. That taunt is a life saver & he's cheap to recast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OUROBOROS amulet just droped for me. i think its something that can make good few gold coins for me! :p

stats:

6-12 DAMAGE
    148 STR
    48 COLD RESIST
    eACH HIT ADDS 335LIFE
    225 ARMOR
    5% CRIT CHANCE

First legendary that is good lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally got hold of the game, just installed and ready to get stuck in. Beer's in the fridge and the girlfriend's away at a hen night, so it's go time.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Finally got hold of the game, just installed and ready to get stuck in. Beer's in the fridge and the girlfriend's away at a hen night, so it's go time.

ERROR 37......

Error(insert random number here)

Enjoy your one night of Diablo, hope you're a fast leveler!! :pac::p

I though Act 2 Inferno was hard...but now I'm scared of the trash mobs in Act 3!! This is gonna require some serious upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Finally got through act 2, (yes with my omgurcrapgearedloliarmoriedulol) and act three is about what i expected it to be in ramping up of difficulty. I still think Act2 needs the nerf it's getting in the next patch. I'm glad blizzard felt it was needed too tbh.

compared to act1's difficulty act2 is feels like no matter how well you gear yourself or in what way, it's just death after death after inglorious death.
    At least act 3 doesn't have any of those fcking wasps!

Zoltun Kulle was harder than Belial for me. Onehitted Belly, Zolton took me a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Act 2 is easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just beat the Skeleton King. Having never played a Diabo game, this initially feels like a top-down single player World of Warcraft - a very good thing. I know I'm already hooked.

Advertisement