Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Don't waste money and time on blacksmithing. The amount of money I sank it to it just makes me a sad panda... At some stage I will get it up to max, but not soon.

Yeah it's retarded.

I just looked in the AH. For less than the cost of the crafting (never mind leveling up the blacksmith and the ingredients) I can buy something considerably cheaper, better, with whatever attributes I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

**** yeah....that blacksmith is pure balls...REALLY IS.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thats what I use too. Act one is great, but slow nature of the damn thing can bite your arse. Screaming skull thing is great too. It helps to keep shot at bay from you.

Do you not use caltrops with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

decided the other day to reroll from hardcore to normal as i lost another demon hunter, a 53 this time xD
    So i dinged 60 about a half hour ago and nether tentacles are just hilariously overpowered xD all the packs that caused me grief before and made me run half way across the map.. nether tentacles, low health? nether tentacles, randomly spamming an ability that never runs out of resources when you have a bat companion? nether tentacles.. i hope to god inferno isnt this bloody easy with this skill?

Inferno is much tougher than Hell. Especially Act 2 and certain elite mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Big Knox wrote: »
    I thought certain packs were unkillable and cheap too but after gearing up properly I can handle every pack in act2 with ease and actually stand still and tank them and I can kill 95% of packs in Act3, some require a bit of kiting however.

You are a monk, the tankiest class.

There is no build or set of gear that the wizard can use to survive about certain combinations. Thats not difficulty.....thats cheapness and artificial difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Do you not use caltrops with it?

i use caltrap, but the 10% crit one. in act 1 inferno farm everything dies faster then gets to me. if elites get grouped up in one group, then i can wipe them in seconds.
    i use prepearion, smoke screen, claptrap and RAIN of vengeance ( stunt one )

then entangling shot ( extra hatred ) and our beloved NT.

i am trying to stack up a lot of attack speed though, its great for hatred regen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Did they increase drops for Boss in a recent patch? I just killed Diablo on Normal on hardcore and got 4 Rares, 3 Blues, and 3 Gems with zero MF :eek:

Did they increase drops for Boss in a recent patch? I just killed Diablo on Normal on hardcore and got 4 Rares, 3 Blues, and 3 Gems with zero MF :eek:

Sounds about right. Seems to be what I've always gotten.

Incidentally, there's an achievement for killing Diablo without getting trapped in the bone prison once. How is that possible? As far as I can tell there's no way to avoid it.

Gbear wrote: »

Incidentally, there's an achievement for killing Diablo without getting trapped in the bone prison once. How is that possible? As far as I can tell there's no way to avoid it.

its very easy, though i am DH, so i am used to get away from stuff :D

I started a baba with a name "sugartits" :D. 13 lvl so far. It is really a lot of fun to slice stuff with frenzy, plus watching stuff fly all over the place puts a smile on my face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

It's easy to avoid. YOu just need to pay attention to his animation and the shadowy stuff on the ground which tells you the prison is about to pop up.

It's easy to avoid. YOu just need to pay attention to his animation and the shadowy stuff on the ground which tells you the prison is about to pop up.

Oh right. Didn't notice it with the melee classes but you're running around alot more with the ranged classes and I only got caught once with my wizard a minute ago.

Edit: And got my 4 rares, 3 magics and 3 gems :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just did belial, hadn't tried him since i started farming act 3.... killed him first time. 17% run speed helps a lot (So does knowing that there is a pattern in phase 3 ! :D.... and 54k dmg :P). Gonna clear Azmodan tomorrow, should be handy enough. Diablo can wait a while tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I need a bloody copy of the game does anyone know where I can get one?

No I don't want to buy the digital version from Blizzard for 60 quid.

Gamestop, Amazon, Argos, HMV, Smyths all out of stock, can someone please shed some light on that..

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

robertowjr wrote: »
    I need a bloody copy of the game does anyone know where I can get one?

No I don't want to buy the digital version from Blizzard for 60 quid.

Gamestop, Amazon, Argos, HMV, Smyths all out of stock, can someone please shed some light on that..

Thanks.
    I bought in Blanch Game stop few days ago - 53euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try Currys. That's where mine was bought, 44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Will try to ring Currys tomorrow and will check again with Game Stop, went to St Stephens Green and the girl said all stores were out of stock, so is their site.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kirby wrote: »
    You are a monk, the tankiest class.

There is no build or set of gear that the wizard can use to survive about certain combinations. Thats not difficulty.....thats cheapness and artificial difficulty.

Yes there is, my Wizard friend like many others can solo all the way to Act4 killing said packs. You need the right gear and yes you will need too kite but don't say it's not possible when it very much is. Wizards and DHs are the strongest classes in game by a mile right now I wouldn't be complaining :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

nah, its just all the best players play wizard or DH, while all the noobs play barb/monk... :D

There are a few combos that ARE pretty much impossible for wizard atm(Even with the best gear possible), not that they aren't impossible for other classes tho.

I solo farm act 3 seigebreaker, the packs that i usually skip tend to be invulnerable minions and fast/teleporting/molten packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Magill wrote: »
    nah, its just all the best players play wizard or DH, while all the noobs play barb/monk... :D

There are a few combos that ARE pretty much impossible for wizard atm(Even with the best gear possible), not that they aren't impossible for other classes tho.

I solo farm act 3 seigebreaker, the packs that i usually skip tend to be invulnerable minions and fast/teleporting/molten packs.

Lies only real gamers play melee!!!! :p

Yeah invulnerable minions are just seriously annoying, I tend to stand away from them although Blizzard have said they are removing them as they are simply not fun to play against for any class which is good news.

Rakanoth in Act4 is absolutely making me pull my hair out, he is super tough.

• Advertisement

Lies only real gamers play melee!!!! :p

Yeah invulnerable minions are just seriously annoying, I tend to stand away from them although Blizzard have said they are removing them as they are simply not fun to play against for any class which is good news.

Rakanoth in Act4 is absolutely making me pull my hair out, he is super tough.

They could maybe do the opposite - make the elite monster invulnerable until you kill all his minions.

I generally kill the rest off before I tackle the rare monster anyway but it'd be worth trying out I think.

What do ye reckon? Who's the hardest unique monster in the game?

My vote's for Izual. Not sure why but I've really struggled against him with every class.

Yes there is, my Wizard friend like many others can solo all the way to Act4 killing said packs. You need the right gear and yes you will need too kite but don't say it's not possible when it very much is. Wizards and DHs are the strongest classes in game by a mile right now I wouldn't be complaining :pac:

Did i say it was impossible? where did I say that?

I said certain combination elites are impossible for my class regardless of gear or spec. Which means the only way to progress is to skip them. This happens alot. When people claim they can solo the content, what the actually mean is that they can skip the content.

Being able to get to act 4 is no great shakes by restarting, teleporting past or corpse running. I'm in act 4 myself. It's no great achievement. Most players who claim to be able to solo just skip most of the content. Believe me, I read the forums every day and watch the "best" players streams. Most of it is just talk. When it comes down to it, they just die like the rest. Nobody has act 4 on farm since force armor nerf regardless of what some might want you to believe.

The only legitimate strat is extreme kiting with blizzard and a hydra. Certain differences come in where some people take magic missile and some take Arcane Orb but the build is basically the same. It's the only viable one and most packs insta gib you past act 2. The only option is to lure them out of the way and run by them.

It's cheap and not a test of gear or skill. It's an artificial difficulty to get people to spend real money on the RMAH. Wizards with far more health and resistance than your mate are getting one shotted. There is a lad on the forum with over 1,000 resistance who still moans about most of the packs.

What do ye reckon? Who's the hardest unique monster in the game?

My vote's for Izual. Not sure why but I've really struggled against him with every class.

Knox mentioned rakanoth which is tough but I would agree with Izual. I haven't tried it on Inferno yet and tbh I am not looking forward to it. Was the only encounter on Hell that killed me over and over. Took like a dozen tries. Diablo is far easier by comparison. You would think that because him and the adds are slow it would be easy. It's not :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Knox mentioned rakanoth which is tough but I would agree with Izual. I haven't tried it on Inferno yet and tbh I am not looking forward to it. Was the only encounter on Hell that killed me over and over. Took like a dozen tries. Diablo is far easier by comparison. You would think that because him and the adds are slow it would be easy. It's not :p

I think he can teleport, he slows you when he hits you, he's frozen so he has the exploding freeze-balls. Also a load of oppressors jump out at you early in the fight and if you don't thin them out quickly you die.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone wanna help me with belial on normal mode :o?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Can I query whether D3 is region locked (a la SCII)

I was going to pick up a copy in the US during the week, (over for work, so have 2 days to install it on new laptop and frantically mouse click)

Its not region locked. You can select America, europe or asia from the server list. However any character you create will be limited to that region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Got my second legendary tonight. It has already improved my survivability no end thanks to the reduced melee damage :D

207569.jpg

Cheers Combatcow and Bluewing for the assist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

anyone wanna help me with belial on normal mode :o?

Good tip for Belial - when killing the first few waves of enemies, leave their health orbs for later when he goes into shítstorm mode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

finally got my second to 60. dh is just face roll.

Advertisement