Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OKAY WTF

I have a lvl 60 wiz and played the game on normal, NM and just at the end of HELL.

I also have a lvl 20 barb and a lvl 3 monk and I still have not gotten a ****in legendary item is my game FAULTY :mad:

NEVER BUY THE GAME IN LIDL/ALDI

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Seriously still no leg. items at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

finally got my second to 60. dh is just face roll.

Problem with DH is that enemies will face roll you as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Problem with DH is that enemies will face roll you as well:)

all classes are face roll up to inferno. inferno makes 180 degree turn and you realise you dont know a **** about game you played so far.

DH is great if you manage to keep all **** at bay, but with DH you dont get second chance. if someone is near you and you **** up - game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my first was a wiz. 1 shot from act 2 onwards.
    now I'm a dh. 1 shot from act 2 onwards.

however, im doing 2-3 times as much damage as a wiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

grizzly wrote: »
    Good tip for Belial - when killing the first few waves of enemies, leave their health orbs for later when he goes into shítstorm mode.
    Leaving orbs behind should really be the strategy when soloing after NM if people aren't doing that already. I suppose I play a wizard and tend to flee more :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

my first was a wiz. 1 shot from act 2 onwards.
    now I'm a dh. 1 shot from act 2 onwards.

however, im doing 2-3 times as much damage as a wiz.

And no doubt you bought **** loads more gear from the AH this time around. My barb is the same, geared to the absolute tits, one shotting everything (Tho hes only in hell atm).

Anyway, i recorded belial inferno last nite... start of the video is a bit messed up. Bit overgeared i guess but meh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh wow i got hacked. My MH and Offhand on my WD is gone and all my gold (250k). Very odd since all i do is game on this PC and go to about 4 websites, none of them being potential keylogger sites. I never got hacked in any game before and so i didnt bother with an authenticator. Guess ill get it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just got an authenticator. Never been hacked in 4 years of wow playing but better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Oh wow i got hacked. My MH and Offhand on my WD is gone and all my gold (250k). Very odd since all i do is game on this PC and go to about 4 websites, none of them being potential keylogger sites. I never got hacked in any game before and so i didnt bother with an authenticator. Guess ill get it now...
    did u join a public game? ive read a lot of people complaining of this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My friend got hacked this morning, his battlenet password was unique to battlenet and had not been used anywhere else, he runs microsoft security essentials and had never been hacked before. He lost his MH and all his gold. He doesn't use the authenticator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Account security is crap. Far too many being hacked even though they have good security practices and strong passwords etc.
    I'd bet money that there is a security hole that Blizzard haven't identified yet.

Best to use the Authenticator as any extra security measures right now are a really good idea.

In work at moment and im dying to get home to sort this out. Not to bothered since i dont play my softcore char anymore. Question is. Do they have my login details or did they just bypass it somehow. Kinda worried if they have details since i just the same ones 4 most sites, stupid i know. Unique login 4 everything from now on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Account security is crap. Far too many being hacked even though they have good security practices and strong passwords etc.
    I'd bet money that there is a security hole that Blizzard haven't identified yet.

Best to use the Authenticator as any extra security measures right now are a really good idea.
    It got nothing to do with login details (accounts with authenticator being hijacked as well); it's session hijacking by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

When a weapon shows % damage increase is that just for the weapon or your toons overall damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Any melee classes past act 1 yet?

I dominate pretty much everything in Act1 inferno with dual wielding, i move to act2 and put a pretty good legendary shield on and the white packs ****in rinse me, im beginning to think its absolutely pointless to even try, regardless of gear.

I have like 35k hp, 13k armour, near 700 resist in all and im getting dropped in seconds.

I've been working on a weapon throw build on the side, so im just stacking alot of strength and im rinsing mobs on act2 with it, i can get 2 shotted so still dying, and all mobs are fast on act2 nearly, plus im pretty sure this build is gonna get nerfed to hell soon and i dont really like playing it, if i wanted range i woulda picked a range class =/

Am i missing something? Is everybody on act3/4 inferno just simply pussying out and skipping content to get passed act2?? As id have a hard time to believe any melee class is soloing act2 without skipping alot of content..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Nody wrote: »
    It got nothing to do with login details (accounts with authenticator being hijacked as well); it's session hijacking by the looks of it.

These stories of people with authenticators getting hacked is pure hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Caliden wrote: »
    These stories of people with authenticators getting hacked is pure hearsay.

The authenticator while being a good security measure isnt fully hack proof. Most accounts are hacked by session hijacks which avoid the authenticator. Most people who are hacked usually loose the character they last logged into gear taken.

I imagine most of the hacks will occur when the RMAH opens

Blizzard need to secure their servers rambling on about authenticators isnt going to solve the issue

nix wrote: »
    Any melee classes past act 1 yet?

I dominate pretty much everything in Act1 inferno with dual wielding, i move to act2 and put a pretty good legendary shield on and the white packs ****in rinse me, im beginning to think its absolutely pointless to even try, regardless of gear.

I have like 35k hp, 13k armour, near 700 resist in all and im getting dropped in seconds.

I've been working on a weapon throw build on the side, so im just stacking alot of strength and im rinsing mobs on act2 with it, i can get 2 shotted so still dying, and all mobs are fast on act2 nearly, plus im pretty sure this build is gonna get nerfed to hell soon and i dont really like playing it, if i wanted range i woulda picked a range class =/

Am i missing something? Is everybody on act3/4 inferno just simply pussying out and skipping content to get passed act2?? As id have a hard time to believe any melee class is soloing act2 without skipping alot of content..

There are few barbs that have done ALL of act 2 on hardcore... so its obviously possible, hell.. i've even seen a barb do it with a 2hander ! (On softcore obviously). 35k hp sounds quite low tho... i mean my wizard has(Had.. before i switched some gear) around 32k hp and thats without even trying to stack vit.

I know i had to skip a lot of the elite packs in act 2 on my wizard when i was doing it, although my gear was ****ty then. So its not just melee that have a hard time on it. Act 3 you'll get destroyed on if you can't even tank the white mobs on act 2 tho because they hit a lot harder and there's typically tons more mobs to kill.

Thats just it though, i have to sub vit for resistance, i have had it around 45k but that doesnt help.

Now if i had millions of gold i could prob buy gear from act3/4 and rinse it, but theres no logic in that, a player needs gear from act4 to beat content in act2??? Its just pure stupid.

Just changed my password and added an authenticator. Hopefully this solves the issue as i would hate to have my hardcore char stripped. They only took the gold from my softcore stash which is odd since my hardcore stash had alot more. Plus im not sure if i logged into the soft or hardcore character last.

• Advertisement

Thats just it though, i have to sub vit for resistance, i have had it around 45k but that doesnt help.

Now if i had millions of gold i could prob buy gear from act3/4 and rinse it, but theres no logic in that, a player needs gear from act4 to beat content in act2??? Its just pure stupid.

I donno man, all i know is that barbs are doing fine in hardcore (By fine, i mean there are a few that have cleared act 2), where its a hell of a lot harder to gear up than in softcore. They did say it would take months to clear inferno, obviously it wont take that long but it probably would if you don't buy gear.

Buying gear is all im doing :(

I've been farming act1 for ages now, the only thing i find that i can sell (nevermind use) are rings and amulets. It seems as though ill have to spend atleast 2 million gold on each slot i have to upgrade just to even dent act2. And judging by the drops ive gotten so far from act1 and 2, im already buying gear from act3/4..

Anyway i just spent about 3 hours getting to the to the road to arcanus quest on act2, managed to clear the ruins dungeon by repairing about 8 times, have to wait for all my cooldowns to burn down rare mobs, which i end up resetting about 4 times on each minion rare pack..

lol, i can give you a hand if you want ??

haha nah ive gone back to act1 for now, ill just farm gold i guess and watch the AH like a hawk..

Add me up though, ill pm bnet id

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Buying gear is all im doing :(

I've been farming act1 for ages now, the only thing i find that i can sell (nevermind use) are rings and amulets. It seems as though ill have to spend atleast 2 million gold on each slot i have to upgrade just to even dent act2. And judging by the drops ive gotten so far from act1 and 2, im already buying gear from act3/4..

Anyway i just spent about 3 hours getting to the to the road to arcanus quest on act2, managed to clear the ruins dungeon by repairing about 8 times, have to wait for all my cooldowns to burn down rare mobs, which i end up resetting about 4 times on each minion rare pack..

I've noticed that too. It seems you need to get gear from act 3 and 4 to be able to survive the trash mobs in act2, bit silly really. The balance is miles off for that act all the way through the difficulties. But inferno has to be the absolute worst. Act one i died once or twice with hard champ/elite combos, on act 2 in 56% DR armor, 100+ resistgear and around 20k dps i'm dying on trash packs and those feckin wasps.. it's near impossible to see them when everyone is aoeing like hell. Then there's the insane elites and champs, invulnerable minions is a joke.

Tbh, i loved this game all the way to inferno act2, but it's just annoying me now. Doesnt require skill or tactics, it just requires you to pay out gold for repairs and die far more than you should be. ie: faceroll die repeat until yellows drop. I'm not seeing the point in that, if i wanted to do that i'd go back and sub to wow for a month :/

meh, maybe i've just played too much but that type of gameplay is just sh1t.

I've noticed that too. It seems you need to get gear from act 3 and 4 to be able to survive the trash mobs in act2, bit silly really. The balance is miles off for that act all the way through the difficulties. But inferno has to be the absolute worst. Act one i died once or twice with hard champ/elite combos, on act 2 in 56% DR armor, 100+ resistgear and around 20k dps i'm dying on trash packs and those feckin wasps.. it's near impossible to see them when everyone is aoeing like hell. Then there's the insane elites and champs, invulnerable minions is a joke.

Tbh, i loved this game all the way to inferno act2, but it's just annoying me now. Doesnt require skill or tactics, it just requires you to pay out gold for repairs and die far more than you should be. ie: faceroll die repeat until yellows drop. I'm not seeing the point in that, if i wanted to do that i'd go back and sub to wow for a month :/

Thats how it is sadly. Sure if you look at streams of hardcore players all they do most of the day is farm known locations of treasure goblins, get loot then just work the AH and get what they need if it hasnt dropped. Its kinda made me not want to reach Inferno on my HC Monk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

heh, if that's the case then i think i'll just call it quits before i'm tempted to spend real money on the rmah that still isnt implemented yet xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Started Inferno today and got to act 2 in a couple of hours, from what I hear this is where all the fun begins! My monk is a machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gandalph wrote: »
    When a weapon shows % damage increase is that just for the weapon or your toons overall damage?

That stat is already applied to the weapon overall DPS as shown in the tooltip for it. Eg. if it says 500dps that that is already including the +% damage mod.
    So it increases the weapons damage.

• Advertisement

The whole idea of the game is to farm tho, what would be the point in just progressing through the acts as easily as you can in the other difficulties ? Act 2 is very doable once you get the gear. They said themselves it should take MONTHS to clear inferno, its only been 3 weeks.... diablo 2 had a very similar gear check/farming style aswel so it shouldn't really be surprising. The only thing they've done is made it a lot easier by implementing the AH... imagine how much more difficult it would be if you had to farm all the gear yourself ! Crazy.. and probably impossible on hardcore.

I really think most people are just failing at optimizing their gear, took me about a week of farming act 1 before i moved onto act 2, which.. admittedly i wasn't ready for and ended up bypassing a lot of the later elite packs in the tunnels as they were a bit too powerful for me. A little more farming in act 1 and i was ready for seigebreaker run.... now im at a point where i can take out almost every pack from act 1/2 and up to seigebreaker without any trouble at all (Besides the obvious invulnerable minions and some teleporting quick packs).

I'd imagine i could push through the rest of act 3 now and probably give act 4 a good go now as well.

BTW... what class are you ? Going by your stats i'd say you have a bit of act 1 farming to do yet tbh. Also.. if your playing in a party, unless everyone is geared up and ready for the act.. you will get your ass handed to you ! :D Act 1 drops some really awesome gear, the only item that is hard really hard to get from act 1 would be the weapon, and even then im sure you can get 1100+ 2h'ers and stuff from it.

Honestly.. its good that the game isn't completely easy mode yet, i'd be disappointed if i had finished the game and was able to farm everything after only a few weeks.

Advertisement