Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

NTMK wrote: »
    The authenticator while being a good security measure isnt fully hack proof. Most accounts are hacked by session hijacks which avoid the authenticator. Most people who are hacked usually loose the character they last logged into gear taken.

I imagine most of the hacks will occur when the RMAH opens

Blizzard need to secure their servers rambling on about authenticators isnt going to solve the issue

proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

For the baba's playing out there, Stick with it :D

Its a great feeling killing inferno diablo on a considerably weaker character then the rest, and not just being a buff vendor in the group either.

Currently soloing act 3 with a 2hander, switching to sword and board for tricky mobs, soloing allot of act 4 with sword and board, and solo'd Diablo with 2 hander. First inferno diablo kill was with a group, take all your stuns and manage your cd's, and let the rest do the damage. We had 5 stacks from the start of act 3, right up untill diablo in act 4 (servers went down on the first pull and we lost our stacks), and being the stun guy greatly helped the team comp, so nothing was running at our pewpewer's.

I`m not sure if people need or want tips, but feel free to ask, cause I feel your pain with soloing as a barbarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Getting spanked around Act 2 with my Wizard on hell. Seems I just simply having being buying gear like everyone else. My HP and DPS is significantly lower then other Wizards I chat too on mumble.

Might be just me, but being such an Avid Diablo fan, I havnt been too impressed how it appears buying gear of the AH is actually a step in progression. Its a **** interface to use, not being able to sort by lowest buyout price etc. : /

Also keep rolling new characters.

Enjoying a Barbarian and also enjoying another Barbarian on hardcore.

Might just bite the bullet and get stuck into the Wizard this week to finish off Hell and grab level 60. Funny enough I'm level 57 sitting around the start of Act 2. Feel I'll definitely need to invest from the AH...sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might be just me, but being such an Avid Diablo fan, I havnt been too impressed how it appears buying gear of the AH is actually a step in progression. Its a **** interface to use, not being able to sort by lowest buyout price etc. : /

That's wrong - you can sort by lowest buyout price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

You can but it starts with the no buyout rather than the lowest buyouts which is a right pain. At least that's what I'm guessing he means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

pH wrote: »
    That's wrong - you can sort by lowest buyout price.

If theres too many N/A buyouts then if after 45 pages no lowest buyout will be shown. Pretty annoying. Im farming act 1 and slowly trying to progress act 2 while looking for resistance gear. Think changing to two hand attack speed barb is the way to go looking at some streams I have seen. Cant afford a good two hander off the ah yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

in the auction house, if you put in a price in the 'max buyout price' (I think.. bottom left corner), it will remove any auctions without buyouts. You can then sort by lowest etc

/edit dinged 60 last night with my monkey, and killed diablo first go. In real life, I reckon the lord of all evil would be an invulnerable, molten, jailer of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TheDoc wrote: »
    Getting spanked around Act 2 with my Wizard on hell. Seems I just simply having being buying gear like everyone else. My HP and DPS is significantly lower then other Wizards I chat too on mumble.

Also keep rolling new characters.

Enjoying a Barbarian and also enjoying another Barbarian on hardcore.

Might just bite the bullet and get stuck into the Wizard this week to finish off Hell and grab level 60. Funny enough I'm level 57 sitting around the start of Act 2. Feel I'll definitely need to invest from the AH...sigh

You can mate, you just need to put a value in the max buyout field, so slap in 10000000 and it will block out any non buyout bid wars. Also put in a minimum level range about 2-3 levels below you just to make sure your getting all the good stuff for your level range showing up..

For leveling i never wanted to spend over 5-10k on an item so i just put that as the max buyout :)
    For the baba's playing out there, Stick with it :D

Its a great feeling killing inferno diablo on a considerably weaker character then the rest, and not just being a buff vendor in the group either.

Currently soloing act 3 with a 2hander, switching to sword and board for tricky mobs, soloing allot of act 4 with sword and board, and solo'd Diablo with 2 hander. First inferno diablo kill was with a group, take all your stuns and manage your cd's, and let the rest do the damage. We had 5 stacks from the start of act 3, right up untill diablo in act 4 (servers went down on the first pull and we lost our stacks), and being the stun guy greatly helped the team comp, so nothing was running at our pewpewer's.

I`m not sure if people need or want tips, but feel free to ask, cause I feel your pain with soloing as a barbarian.

Can you tell me what stats you try to stack? Also did you find 2hander better that 2 x 1h? or just went for it as its cheaper AH wise? Also, can you link your solo and group build plz ? :D<3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Magill wrote: »
    The whole idea of the game is to farm tho, what would be the point in just progressing through the acts as easily as you can in the other difficulties ? Act 2 is very doable once you get the gear. They said themselves it should take MONTHS to clear inferno, its only been 3 weeks.... diablo 2 had a very similar gear check/farming style aswel so it shouldn't really be surprising. The only thing they've done is made it a lot easier by implementing the AH... imagine how much more difficult it would be if you had to farm all the gear yourself ! Crazy.. and probably impossible on hardcore.

I really think most people are just failing at optimizing their gear, took me about a week of farming act 1 before i moved onto act 2, which.. admittedly i wasn't ready for and ended up bypassing a lot of the later elite packs in the tunnels as they were a bit too powerful for me. A little more farming in act 1 and i was ready for seigebreaker run.... now im at a point where i can take out almost every pack from act 1/2 and up to seigebreaker without any trouble at all (Besides the obvious invulnerable minions and some teleporting quick packs).

I'd imagine i could push through the rest of act 3 now and probably give act 4 a good go now as well.

BTW... what class are you ? Going by your stats i'd say you have a bit of act 1 farming to do yet tbh. Also.. if your playing in a party, unless everyone is geared up and ready for the act.. you will get your ass handed to you ! :D Act 1 drops some really awesome gear, the only item that is hard really hard to get from act 1 would be the weapon, and even then im sure you can get 1100+ 2h'ers and stuff from it.

Honestly.. its good that the game isn't completely easy mode yet, i'd be disappointed if i had finished the game and was able to farm everything after only a few weeks.

I've been in act 1 inferno for a few days, bought most of the gear my DH is wearing. Trust me, Act2 is not balanced comparitively to acts 3 and 4 in any difficulty, especially inferno. I know its all about loot, i have played Diablo and D2, i grew up on them. Fact is, it's near impossible to get anything done in act2 without buying act3 and 4 gear.

Tbh, i'm halfway through act 2 atm, and the gear i have IS from act 3 and 4, i know what you're saying about other people not being geared for it and that's not really what i'm talking about. Even solo on act 2 with the gear i have which is pretty fking awesome i can barely get the first quest done in act2 after about 20 minutes and two or three deaths. and that's the easiest one. If i went back to Act 1 inferno it would purely be to farm for gold/auction house crap or crafting mats and recipes. Which i have done and used the gold to buy the gear i'm wearing.

I'm sure you could put it down to my skill/spec/gear or whatever else, but my opinion is that Act 2 inferno is completely unbalanced all the way through every difficulty. And it's a brickwall in inferno without buying gear from further acts.

Where's the fun in facerolling dps, dying, and repeating without any skill or tactics?
    I've actually come across some packs in act 2 that are not killable at all. Invulnerable minions being one, and for some reason, burrowers cant be slowed or snared or kited on solo or groups, then you're dead in 3 hits. after maybe hitting it twice.. what possible tactic or skill could you use solo against that without breaking your armour?

Sorry but i have to completely disagree with you. That type of gameplay is just infuriatingly mindless. I was expecting a high level of difficulty against those types of packs, not something that forces me to pay gold on repairs just to kill it. That just utterly ruined my excellent experience with diablo3.

Tbh, i was using my softcore character as a pilot for a hardcore character, but i see now that it is actually impossible not to die in inferno, what a jip!

Anyways, that's my rant done xD i'm still pissed off with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've been in act 1 inferno for a few days, bought most of the gear my DH is wearing. Trust me, Act2 is not balanced comparitively to acts 3 and 4 in any difficulty, especially inferno. I know its all about loot, i have played Diablo and D2, i grew up on them. Fact is, it's near impossible to get anything done in act2 without buying act3 and 4 gear.

Tbh, i'm halfway through act 2 atm, and the gear i have IS from act 3 and 4, i know what you're saying about other people not being geared for it and that's not really what i'm talking about. Even solo on act 2 with the gear i have which is pretty fking awesome i can barely get the first quest done in act2 after about 20 minutes and two or three deaths. and that's the easiest one. If i went back to Act 1 inferno it would purely be to farm for gold/auction house crap or crafting mats and recipes. Which i have done and used the gold to buy the gear i'm wearing.

I'm sure you could put it down to my skill/spec/gear or whatever else, but my opinion is that Act 2 inferno is completely unbalanced all the way through every difficulty. And it's a brickwall in inferno without buying gear from further acts.

Where's the fun in facerolling dps, dying, and repeating without any skill or tactics?
    I've actually come across some packs in act 2 that are not killable at all. Invulnerable minions being one, and for some reason, burrowers cant be slowed or snared or kited on solo or groups, then you're dead in 3 hits. after maybe hitting it twice.. what possible tactic or skill could you use solo against that without breaking your armour?

Sorry but i have to completely disagree with you. That type of gameplay is just infuriatingly mindless. I was expecting a high level of difficulty against those types of packs, not something that forces me to pay gold on repairs just to kill it. That just utterly ruined my excellent experience with diablo3.

Tbh, i was using my softcore character as a pilot for a hardcore character, but i see now that it is actually impossible not to die in inferno, what a jip!

I still don't get what you mean tho... because act 3 and act 4 are MUCH more difficult than act 2.... have you even tried act 3/4 yet ? It might seem like its harder because the step up from act 1 is much bigger than the step up from act 2 > 3...

Again... going from the stats you posted... 20k dps ? As a DH ? Thats incredibly low, 100 resist ? as any class pretty low.. i mean if your wearing act 3/4 gear your DPS would be through the roof as a DH, i've seen DH's with 250,000 DPS... hell, a mate of mine who just dinged 60 yesterday was at nearly 30k after spending his 200k gold he had from leveling on the AK. The fact is, DH'ers along with wizards are probably the best solo classes in the game... to me it just sounds like your expecting to face roll everything with gear you think is better than it actually is.

Also... its obviously not impossible to play hardcore without dying.. since people are already on act 3 and probably a few on act 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Hihi, only found this thread now.

A group of us play diablo pretty much 24/7 at the moment. We currently have all acts on farm in inferno - looking for more players to play with/ have fun with.

At the moment we all started hardcore champs and we would like others to join too!

If you want to farm act 3/4 inferno with us/start playing hardcore with us please IM me or express interest below - I'm at work atm and cant find my battletag :S

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

People ranting about it seems to be expecting inferno to be the exact same as other difficulties but with bigger numbers in hp, dps, armor etc. Why do you want to finish Inferno or play hardcore mode if you are expecting the exact same from other difficulties?

I would actually expect only a small percentage of dedicated diablo3 players to be able to finish Inferno in groups or solo even with top tier gears and the right tactics.

The whole point of invulnerable minions and other type of hard to kill combinations is to force you to change tactics and skills to deal with them instead of just being an overpowered character with high dps.

I still don't get what you mean tho... because act 3 and act 4 are MUCH more difficult than act 2.... have you even tried act 3/4 yet ? It might seem like its harder because the step up from act 1 is much bigger than the step up from act 2 > 3...
    Obviously he got himself to be so overpowered in order to deal with act2 that 3 and 4 becomes easy.

Obviously he got himself to be so overpowered in order to deal with act2 that 3 and 4 becomes easy.

But thats simply not the case at all. Obviously he hasn't tried act 3 or act 4 so he simply can't compare. Comparing the other difficulty levels is pointless... i KNOW for a fact that act 3 and 4 are a bigger gear check than act 2... because you know... i've actually completed act 2 and have played parts of both the other acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

If I DW with 2 weapons that both have crit damage % do they stack?

Yeah Magill introduced me to act3 yesterday, needless to say, it put things in perspective for me, i got minced in a second :(

Gonna pick up a new chest and belt and give act2 another whack, im pulling my hair out over the AH, twice ive missed out on chest bargins by a matter of seconds, and both armors ive seen just put back up for over 5mil, so annoying :cool:
    Gandalph wrote: »
    If I DW with 2 weapons that both have crit damage % do they stack?

Yes.

But thats simply not the case at all. Obviously he hasn't tried act 3 or act 4 so he simply can't compare. Comparing the other difficulty levels is pointless... i KNOW for a fact that act 3 and 4 are a bigger gear check than act 2... because you know... i've actually completed act 2 and have played parts of both the other acts.
    He's saying that's the case for him in all other difficulties and is assuming the same for inferno. I am just saying that he gets that impression in the other difficulties cause he made himself overpowered to deal with act2. That approach is obviously not going to be easy without millions of gold for inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

is there anywhere you can just but the code to play this game other than blizzard, have the client from playing the starter edition but not really in a position to buy in bricks and mortar shop. would rather play now then wait on it being delivered?

is there anywhere you can just but the code to play this game other than blizzard, have the client from playing the starter edition but not really in a position to buy in bricks and mortar shop. would rather play now then wait on it being delivered?

Yeah i got the box, just log into blizz account and you can activate the full game by just submitting the code in the relevant section and it activates the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

looks like il have to order the physical copy online then, just have to see where is cheapest now. pity amazon and the online shops wont just email you the code

• Advertisement

The whole idea of the game is to farm tho, what would be the point in just progressing through the acts as easily as you can in the other difficulties ? Act 2 is very doable once you get the gear. They said themselves it should take MONTHS to clear inferno, its only been 3 weeks.... diablo 2 had a very similar gear check/farming style aswel so it shouldn't really be surprising. The only thing they've done is made it a lot easier by implementing the AH... imagine how much more difficult it would be if you had to farm all the gear yourself ! Crazy.. and probably impossible on hardcore.

I really think most people are just failing at optimizing their gear, took me about a week of farming act 1 before i moved onto act 2, which.. admittedly i wasn't ready for and ended up bypassing a lot of the later elite packs in the tunnels as they were a bit too powerful for me. A little more farming in act 1 and i was ready for seigebreaker run.... now im at a point where i can take out almost every pack from act 1/2 and up to seigebreaker without any trouble at all (Besides the obvious invulnerable minions and some teleporting quick packs).

I'd imagine i could push through the rest of act 3 now and probably give act 4 a good go now as well.

BTW... what class are you ? Going by your stats i'd say you have a bit of act 1 farming to do yet tbh. Also.. if your playing in a party, unless everyone is geared up and ready for the act.. you will get your ass handed to you ! :D Act 1 drops some really awesome gear, the only item that is hard really hard to get from act 1 would be the weapon, and even then im sure you can get 1100+ 2h'ers and stuff from it.

Honestly.. its good that the game isn't completely easy mode yet, i'd be disappointed if i had finished the game and was able to farm everything after only a few weeks.

Again... going from the stats you posted... 20k dps ? As a DH ? Thats incredibly low, 100 resist ? as any class pretty low.. i mean if your wearing act 3/4 gear your DPS would be through the roof as a DH, i've seen DH's with 250,000 DPS... hell, a mate of mine who just dinged 60 yesterday was at nearly 30k after spending his 200k gold he had from leveling on the AK. The fact is, DH'ers along with wizards are probably the best solo classes in the game... to me it just sounds like your expecting to face roll everything with gear you think is better than it actually is.

Also... its obviously not impossible to play hardcore without dying.. since people are already on act 3 and probably a few on act 4.

20k dps as dh is perfectly fine, that doesnt mean i'm hitting for 20k on everything i throw out. If i was speccing into the skill that gives me 100% crit it'd be a lot higher. NT is hitting for around 36-40k on whatever i hit, I'm using a 900+ 2h Xbow, 100+ to all resists, varies up and down along what i have. and 56% DR from armor.

Of Course i haven't tried act 3 and 4.. if i had would i be ranting on about how sh1t act2's difficulty is imbalanced?

I'm not expecting to faceroll, i'm expecting a challenge that doesnt faceplant me in the gear i get from act 1.

I cant actually make myself anymore clear here. Act 2 requires Act 3&4 gear to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

nix wrote: »
    Any melee classes past act 1 yet?

I dominate pretty much everything in Act1 inferno with dual wielding, i move to act2 and put a pretty good legendary shield on and the white packs ****in rinse me, im beginning to think its absolutely pointless to even try, regardless of gear.

I have like 35k hp, 13k armour, near 700 resist in all and im getting dropped in seconds.

I've been working on a weapon throw build on the side, so im just stacking alot of strength and im rinsing mobs on act2 with it, i can get 2 shotted so still dying, and all mobs are fast on act2 nearly, plus im pretty sure this build is gonna get nerfed to hell soon and i dont really like playing it, if i wanted range i woulda picked a range class =/

Am i missing something? Is everybody on act3/4 inferno just simply pussying out and skipping content to get passed act2?? As id have a hard time to believe any melee class is soloing act2 without skipping alot of content..

Solo Monk with Act3 on farm. For melee there's 3 little words that will change everything for you. "Life on Hit".

14k Armour and 700 all resists is fine, now start stacking attack speed and get 1000+ life on hit and you will walk through act2. However good life on hit weapons and items are expensive but that's what you want to work towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

20k dps as dh is perfectly fine, that doesnt mean i'm hitting for 20k on everything i throw out. If i was speccing into the skill that gives me 100% crit it'd be a lot higher. NT is hitting for around 36-40k on whatever i hit, I'm using a 900+ 2h Xbow, 100+ to all resists, varies up and down along what i have. and 56% DR from armor.

Of Course i haven't tried act 3 and 4.. if i had would i be ranting on about how sh1t act2's difficulty is imbalanced?

I'm not expecting to faceroll, i'm expecting a challenge that doesnt faceplant me in the gear i get from act 1.

I cant actually make myself anymore clear here. Act 2 requires Act 3&4 gear to do.

He's right man, 20k DPS on a DH is insanely low I have no idea how it's that low. With Hell difficulty gear you can get it higher than that. DH's should have at least 50k DPS going into Act2 +.

Well then... i suggest you start farming act 1 again and buy some Act 3 gear, obviously DH's aren't the kiting machines i was led to believe they were.

What are you trying to say? Spit it out, dont hide behind sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Should people on my Friends list be able to join my non-public games whenver they choose?

Keeps happening, but only with these 2 'Friends'. I can't see how they are doing it though. I only see a 'Request Invite' open in the Social window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Should people on my Friends list be able to join my non-public games whenver they choose?

Keeps happening, but only with these 2 'Friends'. I can't see how they are doing it though. I only see a 'Request Invite' open in the Social window.

I think If you check "away" as your status it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

http://www.twitch.tv/plastikdan

Act 3 / 4 + Pony land farming

What items can give life on hit besides weapons and amulets?

Gonna need to get 6mil atleast to get a weapon with decent stats and worthy life on hit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i got my first mil lol. 1.1mil now. i spent a fortune already, but decided to save a wee bit :D. ( i know its not a lot! dont rain on my happy day! :D )

farming act 1 butcher is really easy now, i get around 50k gold just from trash items vendored and picked up gold. if i get few good golds its another 100k iesh per run. :)

i know natalies set is ****, but i still want it :o

Advertisement