Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's surprisingly rewarding keeping one alive in some really rough torment levels :)

Adreneline ftw!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

got my name immortalised in season hc :) #691 in hc GRifts on my barb.. shame really because all i was missing was one more unity to be able to do 30+ safely

Ah well, i have hc paragon up to 500 now and have a whopping amount of gold, gems, gear for when toons die, levelling gear, legendary gems, more legendary gems for when toons die and a few hellfire pieces of crap that i'll never use beyond levelling :D

Fair play! Would love to be able to play HC on this but my internet isn't reliable enough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Fair play! Would love to be able to play HC on this but my internet isn't reliable enough :(

does your char die from the BB going down ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sometimes if the lag & desync is bad your char could get stuck beside mobs without you knowing. Happened all the time to me in Path of Exile

Anyone notice that most of the mobs have gotten a leap ability?

• Advertisement

Anyone notice that most of the mobs have gotten a leap ability?

nevermind , my son had changed the rune on whirlwind:o Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

So who is rolling a new character tomorrow? I'm not sure what to do either a Crusader or Monk, haven't really played either before so will need to do a little research to determine what is needed for each.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I will be, hardcoring again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Will be for sure hardcore. Not sure what to character to play yet. Learning towards, Monk/Barb/Sorc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So tonight or tomorrow we start the rat race again?

• Advertisement

tonight :) 5pm local time afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

not sure what to do yet.. leaning towards monk, but barb is fun at the moment.

i'm gonna barb it up again i think, turns out my 691 rank is now 685th after the recent ban wave lol :D

Must do better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

i'm gonna barb it up again i think, turns out my 691 rank is now 685th after the recent ban wave lol :D

Must do better :)

Ban wave? What did I miss?

a lot of people were banned for "cheating" who'd gotten to the top ranks in the leaderboards, so they were banned and the boards were adjusted accordingly. Weird to think that 6 people on the top of hardcore barb were actually cheating gits, that's not even counting all the other classes throughout HC and SC that had bans instated for cheating

Blizzard mentioned it there the other day, see post #8 here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played in ages, might do a season character to see what new season legendarys are available but heroes of the storm has me addicted right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

They really need to remove the leveling process for seasons... :(

they're getting closer to doing that, check out the 'Gem of Ease' legendary weapon socket gem. Rank 25 gem makes any weapon it's in a level 1 weapon and boosts xp by tonnes :D

they're getting closer to doing that, check out the 'Gem of Ease' legendary weapon socket gem. Rank 25 gem makes any weapon it's in a level 1 weapon and boosts xp by tonnes :D

Im guessing thats season only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Season only item for now.

Seems there's still some way of abusing Grifts. There's players who are already para 400 on season 2 already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Seems there's still some way of abusing Grifts. There's players who are already para 400 on season 2 already!

Blizzard already knew of the bug before the season started and chose to ignore it as it promotes build diversity:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I doubt it's any kind of abuse bar the xp bonus stacking. Grifts give crazy XP at 40+. We got a friend leveled on a new character to 300 paragon in one Saturday and Sunday evening without any XP gear only 3 weeks or so ago. (Then he quit like 2 days later :pac:)

Got burned out at 600 myself but going to start a new hardcore seasonal monk and see how it goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Right, so i started a season character tongight (Barbarian) and really enjoying it. Is there any difference with a seasonal character, bar starting with no previous items and gold? Also, when levelling, should i be upgrading the Blacksmith, or keeping the gold for something else?

Kiith wrote: »
    Right, so i started a season character tongight (Barbarian) and really enjoying it. Is there any difference with a seasonal character, bar starting with no previous items and gold? Also, when levelling, should i be upgrading the Blacksmith, or keeping the gold for something else?

Level the blacksmith as you go as its handy to craft items to help with the leveling process if your gear falls behind!

Edit: To answer your first question it's essentially just starting with a fresh economy. The only difference are new legendaries that are seasonal only which can be found!

Wuhu, barbs are awesome!

gratuitous self promotion

euoqe1.jpg

doing really well so far this season :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Big Knox wrote: »
    Level the blacksmith as you go as its handy to craft items to help with the leveling process if your gear falls behind!

Edit: To answer your first question it's essentially just starting with a fresh economy. The only difference are new legendaries that are seasonal only which can be found!

Yeah, that's what i've been doing so far, and i do get some good gear from there, I just wasn't sure if there was a better way to spend my gold.

Found three legendaries so far (1h Axe and Spear and a helm), all of which are usable by my Barbarian, which definitely help the me level up pretty quick. Are drops aimed more at your current class now? I seem to remember getting all sorts of Barbarian or Monk items when playing as a Wizard.

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what i've been doing so far, and i do get some good gear from there, I just wasn't sure if there was a better way to spend my gold.

Found three legendaries so far (1h Axe and Spear and a helm), all of which are usable by my Barbarian, which definitely help the me level up pretty quick. Are drops aimed more at your current class now? I seem to remember getting all sorts of Barbarian or Monk items when playing as a Wizard.

Yep most of your drops will be for your class and as a barb you'll get mighty belts and weapons but you still get the odd random drops for other classes but it doesn't happen too often (apart from bows and bloody crossbows).

doing really well so far this season :)

Nice one, can I ask whats your initial method for gearing? The usual bounties and normal rifts?

Started a hardcore and seasonal toon for the first time last night and should be 70 later but I'm dreading running rifts on expert difficulty or whatever at first and getting so little bloodshards ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is adventure mode still open from the get go? A la season 1?

• Advertisement

Is adventure mode still open from the get go? A la season 1?

Yes if you completed the campaign.

Advertisement