Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Very true but it's all I have to compare to. Can't believe I missed out on Diablo 2 on PC years ago. I was mainly a PC gamer between 1999 and 2005.
    Dayum...

You missed out on the best part 10 years worth of gaming for about £30.

Source? I played D2 from 2000 onwards, re-installing it about 5 or 6 times?

Only reason i picked it up was because i liked the box! :pac: (i was 12)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭httpete

I got this game recently and went as far as killing the skeleton king before it said I need to upgrade from the starter edition to continue...For some reason there was no cd-key in the game box but in any case it didn't bother me because I couldn't be arsed playing another minute of this tripe.

I'd been hearing about how great Diablo was for years and then it turns out it be just mashing buttons with zero skill and no challenge. Who cares what loot you get or whatever when the gameplay is so basic. The 'lore' is dime-a-dozen crap but that is to be expected, all rpgs have the same story by numbers stuff these days.

Can someone please explain to me why people like Diablo games?? I was bored of the mind-numbing combat after 5 minutes and combat is all there is in the game so I knew it wouldn't be long before I bailed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've never played a "button masher" before.

It's an accusation I hear levelled a lot at games.....but when I hear somebody accuse a game of being a button masher, I just know they don't understand how to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

httpete wrote: »
    I got this game recently and went as far as killing the skeleton king before it said I need to upgrade from the starter edition to continue...For some reason there was no cd-key in the game box but in any case it didn't bother me because I couldn't be arsed playing another minute of this tripe.

I'd been hearing about how great Diablo was for years and then it turns out it be just mashing buttons with zero skill and no challenge. Who cares what loot you get or whatever when the gameplay is so basic. The 'lore' is dime-a-dozen crap but that is to be expected, all rpgs have the same story by numbers stuff these days.

Can someone please explain to me why people like Diablo games?? I was bored of the mind-numbing combat after 5 minutes and combat is all there is in the game so I knew it wouldn't be long before I bailed out.

P5ORDUK.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

P5ORDUK.gif

Best. Gif. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

got that legendary gem the other day 'boon of the hoarder'...my god im filthy rich lol.Before any bit of gem making or crafting equipment would leave me broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Have an urge to play this again. But apparently season 2 will start some time early Feb, so gonna wait till then and roll a new character. Also that's a long season! Feels like months and months ago when season 1 started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Playing my way through ATM. Level 63 on Act V. Seriously addictive game. Just when I'm about to knock it off at night i figure il try for a lil bit more loot and next thing another hour is gone

stuchyg wrote: »
    Playing my way through ATM. Level 63 on Act V. Seriously addictive game. Just when I'm about to knock it off at night i figure il try for a lil bit more loot and next thing another hour is gone

yeah just waiting for the next legendary to drop :)

Have to barbarians at 70 and have just started a wizard char...finding it good craic but the wizard cant tank like a barb can get overwhelmed by elites if i aint careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

My HC monk died at level 68 taking all my exp bonus gear with her :mad:

• Advertisement

My HC monk died at level 68 taking all my exp bonus gear with her :mad:

Another hero has fallen. We salute you. May her soul travel well with the 1001.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think i have good enough anger management to risk a Hardcore character.

Havent done a hardcore character...I suppose you'd concentrate on toughness and healing ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Havent done a hardcore character...I suppose you'd concentrate on toughness and healing ??

It's safe but slow on lower difficulties. Then it becomes a nightmare if you start going for Torment only legendaries
    First playthrough is boring because your regular gear/unlocks don't carry over, ie no money, gems, stash is back to smallest size, artisans back at lvl 1, no adventure mode

If you're going to do it, grind before going to Adrias shack, and watch out for the giant charging boar things in Act 1
    Blast through the campaign asap using a class that has decent survival skills, then play Adventure to build up your xp and gear.

Stash everything you aren't currently using
    Cheap tip: if you're going to die, pause and quit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

lol that cheap tip doesnt work on the pc version, it forces a logout which is on a timer - even forcing it to shut down D3 does the same thing even if the program isnt open, you could very easily log back in to a dead character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am yet to lose my 70 HC char. Got my 70 char with 150 Paragon in this season. Most likely start from a HC character again in season 2.

I'm fairly proud of my second hardcore seasonal DH, it's 420 para atm ;)

Is there any point to the seasonal thing? Do you get additional rewards, or is just a leaderboard/bragging type thing?

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there any point to the seasonal thing? Do you get additional rewards, or is just a leaderboard/bragging type thing?

There are Seasonal only Legendary drops, but beyond that it's pretty much a race to the top. Unless you have a massively high paragon lvl, personally I don't have the gumption to roll Seasonal.

most of what you earn gets transferred over to your non-seasonal characters - gear, gold, and paragon levels, plus the leader board fame/shame

• Advertisement

I'm gonna try one tonight. Expect a rage post at some stage over the next few days :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm gonna try one tonight. Expect a rage post at some stage over the next few days :P

First few hours?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :eek: :D

New update just released. 750mb download

First few hours?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :eek: :D

I'm trying to be optimistic :pac:

So just back from an oul trip to the vault. That was pretty special

My achievement progress just got wiped. Back to only 3 treasure goblins and 0 bounties completed. This ever happen to anyone else

Kadala was good last night. 3 Firebird pieces, and an Ancient Legendary Helm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I miss this game so much :(

I miss this game so much :(

Burnt out yeah? Haven't played it in a few months, Destiny took hold, but went back in the other day after the update. Still as good as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Yeah, I think a burnout is a bit of an understatement :p

Played more than everyone here combined I reckon!

Glad I sold my PC and have no way to play... But I still get the urge every now and then!

D3 free for 6 months.
    Smoke free for 2 months.

Yet I want D3 more than a smoke......

Advertisement