Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Dcully wrote: »
    Yes if you completed the campaign.

What I mean is, going straight to adventure mode and not bothering with the campaign at all. Season 1, you could go straight to adventure mode if you finished the campaign with a non seasonal character. This was a big mistake at the start of S1. Just wondering if they've segregated S2 completely from your non seasonal chars.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I haven't completed the compaign, and i was able to select Adventure mode (i think). I didn't, as i'd actually like to complete the campaign, but i'm pretty sure the option was there.

Also, for the Barb...2 one handers, or 1 two hander? (assuming both are similar stats)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I've been running with the one two-hander myself, though I'm only level 52 so far. Haven't found two one-handers that come close as of yet.

What's the bonus to two one-handers anyways?

I've been running with the one two-hander myself, though I'm only level 52 so far. Haven't found two one-handers that come close as of yet.

What's the bonus to two one-handers anyways?

Predominantly attack speed. Lower DPS per weapon, but hitting more often. Haven't played a Barb in a while, so not sure if there is too much of a noticeable difference in overall output.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Big Knox wrote: »
    Nice one, can I ask whats your initial method for gearing? The usual bounties and normal rifts?

Started a hardcore and seasonal toon for the first time last night and should be 70 later but I'm dreading running rifts on expert difficulty or whatever at first and getting so little bloodshards ha.

Yeah, levelling i just went with bounties on whatever difficulty i could easily mash through mobs with whirlwind - seemed to take forever but restricted by gear too.

At 70, started spending the rift keys on rifts, and as soon as i got my first grift trial key, i slow rolled through those. ported out of the trial immediately, then piss through the grift #1 to the guardian, then town portal out - use the map to do a bounty, come back to the grift, if the timer was below 2 minutes i'd kill the guardian and get the next grift level, rinse and repeat for blood shards and legendarys.

I was incredibly unlucky for the first two days with spending shards, got zero raekors for ages then got them almost all at once on sunday, managed to get 2 ramaladni's gifts yesterday so i spent one on my current weapon, whopper of a 2H ancient mace, and saving the last one for an ancient furnace. Toughness was harder to get for me this time than dps. after my first few grifts, i had 1.4 million dps and 6mil toughness lol, it's evened out now with paragon to around 1.1 dps and 30mil toughness

the furious charge build i'm using is great too, he's a bulletproof bulldozer! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

So my DH is now 800k+ DPS, but I still haven't a single piece of Maras or nats :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Whats the importance of completing the grift with less than 2 minutes left?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yeah, levelling i just went with bounties on whatever difficulty i could easily mash through mobs with whirlwind - seemed to take forever but restricted by gear too.

At 70, started spending the rift keys on rifts, and as soon as i got my first grift trial key, i slow rolled through those. ported out of the trial immediately, then piss through the grift #1 to the guardian, then town portal out - use the map to do a bounty, come back to the grift, if the timer was below 2 minutes i'd kill the guardian and get the next grift level, rinse and repeat for blood shards and legendarys.

I was incredibly unlucky for the first two days with spending shards, got zero raekors for ages then got them almost all at once on sunday, managed to get 2 ramaladni's gifts yesterday so i spent one on my current weapon, whopper of a 2H ancient mace, and saving the last one for an ancient furnace. Toughness was harder to get for me this time than dps. after my first few grifts, i had 1.4 million dps and 6mil toughness lol, it's evened out now with paragon to around 1.1 dps and 30mil toughness

the furious charge build i'm using is great too, he's a bulletproof bulldozer! :D

Cool I'll get working tonight so.

Yeah I've a Raekors on standard and I can clear T6 rifts in under 2 minutes it's a really fun build! Did you have any luck getting the pride of cassius yet? I've spent about 50k shards on belts and still haven't got one so it held me back in grifts, couldn't break past 40 without it as was dying too much!

Good luck with the ancient furnace, again I'm paragon 600 on standard and have played nothing but sader and barb and I haven't even got a normal one yet! :(

Is there any quick way to switch abilities? I've got an AOE type setup at the moment, but would like to be able to switch to a single target set pretty quickly if possible.

Whats the importance of completing the grift with less than 2 minutes left?

it's so you can get the next rank of difficulty and maximise the amount of ease it takes to complete a rift, get legendarys, gems, shards and xp for each low level grift - while you're doing that you're also doing act 1 bounties for a rrog - so you're essentially multitasking all of that with minimum risk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there any quick way to switch abilities? I've got an AOE type setup at the moment, but would like to be able to switch to a single target set pretty quickly if possible.

Only when your out of combat, im guessing your already using elective mode?

Yeah, i have that (and it's great), but i was thinking more like swapping to a 2nd set of weapons. Say go from a Whirlwind build to a...different type of Barbarian build.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Cool I'll get working tonight so.

Yeah I've a Raekors on standard and I can clear T6 rifts in under 2 minutes it's a really fun build! Did you have any luck getting the pride of cassius yet? I've spent about 50k shards on belts and still haven't got one so it held me back in grifts, couldn't break past 40 without it as was dying too much!

Good luck with the ancient furnace, again I'm paragon 600 on standard and have played nothing but sader and barb and I haven't even got a normal one yet! :(

I've gotten some really really bad ones, and some awesome other mighty belts, this is what i have atm

35an4o6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,042 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

This is on sale on US PSN at the moment. Is it enjoyable on PS4 and how vital a component of the game is multiplaye? Can I enjoy it just as a single player game or would I be missing out on a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

I think there is more than enough in the single player in order for you to enjoy it. Go for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Started a season 2 barb, first legendary I get is the new belt that gives every rune to frenzy, easy mode activated :D

I'm really enjoying the Barbarian, but i'm really tempted to roll a DH as well. Why can't i ever stick to one character :(

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the Barbarian, but i'm really tempted to roll a DH as well. Why can't i ever stick to one character :(

The eternal struggle of D3 summed up right there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Another season its all a bit meh.
    I have all classes to 70 apart from monk so im playing a monk this season but doubt ill play much.
    Apart from a handful of season only legendarys theres little else of interest.
    Pretty sure very few of us will still be playing this new seasons characters in a months time.

It's one of those games I come back to every few months and play religiously for a few days, then leave it again for another month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Seasons should really have some unique effects each time to keep them fresh similar to how leagues are handled in POE. :cool:

E.g.
    In the Torment league, your adventures are haunted by the spirits of tormented criminals that yield their ill-gotten gains when slain. Eager to protect their trove, these spirits flee when encountered and imbue nearby monsters with dangerous powers, which improves their item drops. It's also possible for spirits to possess rare and unique enemies, greatly increasing their threat (and value!) to treasure-seeking exiles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seasons should really have some unique effects each time to keep them fresh similar to how leagues are handled in POE. :cool:

E.g.

All of my friends play D3 and I've tried and tried to get them to play PoE but they all found it too hard or complicated so instead of play PoE alone (And I've done that for hundreds of hours) I always go back to D3 with them when a new patch hits.

D3 is a great game but Path of Exile does pretty much everything better (bar how polished the game plays and feels) and I really wish Blizzard would straight up start copying or at least use PoE as inspiration to flesh out and add more depth to D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Dcully wrote: »
    Another season its all a bit meh.
    I have all classes to 70 apart from monk so im playing a monk this season but doubt ill play much.
    Apart from a handful of season only legendarys theres little else of interest.
    Pretty sure very few of us will still be playing this new seasons characters in a months time.

Thinly veiled - Don't judge me for playing the most op class in game.. lol

2Billion+ crits I heard stories of. My personal best 800m ish.

Levelling again really takes its toll... on me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Note to self:dont play hardcore drunk:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Why not? It's more fun :) I was celebrating the start of S2 with beer last friday (all of us started HC).

So first time to 70 with a Barb. Anyone know what the decent early torment level builds are these days? Trying a fire one at the moment. Decent fun.

I'm almost in the same position. Finally cleared the campaign (never did it before, so figured it was about time) and am just getting to lvl70 now. Just flyjng through some rifts with a bog standard WW build atm, and it's very easy. Will bump it up to T1 once i hit 70.

Lost my first hc barb this season, levelled the second one in less than an hour, geared it up to torment 6 already annnnd have another set of gear for when she dies :)

Finding a second unity is a pain in the hole, as is finding my first furnace :/

• Advertisement

How the hell do you level up so quickly? Took me a few days to get to 70.

Advertisement