Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yes I would like to know this too pls. Currently in the middle of leveling a barb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the first time takes the longest, after that you can level with the gem of ease - rank 25 makes any weapon a level 1 weapon, hellfire ring for xp, cain's set for more xp, and you just make a torment 6 game, invite a level 70 and get him/her to clear out the weeping hollow in act 1 - you're level 30-40 in less than 5 minutes, repeat that or any other high density area (you must be in the same area - you dont have to move, just hang by the portal)

takes like an hour at most, even solo it's not that long, i think i got to 50 in about 15 minutes with the gem of ease and cains set, it gets a bit dodgy after that, so if you're soloing, craft some crappy vit gear or gem marquise amethysts in your socketed gear :)

If you're on now, send me a whisper - sprucelee in the boards clan

i'll boost ye real quick like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you're on now, send me a whisper - sprucelee in the boards clan

i'll boost ye real quick like

I'm online wouldn't mind a boost, I'll contact you in game.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got my DH ready for T6. If anyone needs a boost on softcore, lemme know :)

royalmarine#2579

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Turns out this game mas modded items galore on the PS4:(

Was playing tonight on torment 2 with my main char,a wizard,was doing normal rifts with a group of 2. Took awhile but we got through a few. 4th player joins,starts a grift so we all joined. Was in about 5 seconds when i realised it was a lvl 94 grift. About 10 seconds later my game froze after i was killed,gave it a minute and closed back to title screen,join again and i had gone from paragon 75 to 236!! Guy was dropping 3 socket weapons with crazy gems in them,russian garbage:(

This is the firat time ive encountered this,didnt realise it was happening. After a quick google though i see its happening quite a bit. I only opened my game to public for the first time two nights ago,regret that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

EoinHef wrote: »
    Turns out this game mas modded items galore on the PS4:(

Was playing tonight on torment 2 with my main char,a wizard,was doing normal rifts with a group of 2. Took awhile but we got through a few. 4th player joins,starts a grift so we all joined. Was in about 5 seconds when i realised it was a lvl 94 grift. About 10 seconds later my game froze after i was killed,gave it a minute and closed back to title screen,join again and i had gone from paragon 75 to 236!! Guy was dropping 3 socket weapons with crazy gems in them,russian garbage:(

This is the firat time ive encountered this,didnt realise it was happening. After a quick google though i see its happening quite a bit. I only opened my game to public for the first time two nights ago,regret that now.
    I remember online in the D2 days, if you weren't playing ladder, it was just a dupe/bot/lag fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Started a HC wizard over the weekend and not really enjoying the class, people have told me Wizard is the worst class atm so thinking about starting a DH..

Whats the story with public games as well? I can never find games with people in them, its not great playing through solo. :\

at low levels it's hard to get a group, but there are always groups at max level

at low levels it's hard to get a group, but there are always groups at max level

Figured as much. So once I get to 70, which will take a while, what should I focus on doing? Running through the story or adventure?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Adventure mode is definitely better. I did a few Nephalim Rifts on T1 last night, and just barely managed to do them. Really need some better gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Once I unlocked adventure mode, I don't think I ever played the story mode again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Figured as much. So once I get to 70, which will take a while, what should I focus on doing? Running through the story or adventure?

As soon as you finish the campaign, head into Adventure Mode. Doesn't matter if your lvl 70 or not. Clear out the bounties for each act to get some Rift Keys (If you don't have any already) at the highest difficulty you can safely manage. Once you have some Rift Keys, have at it. Rifts are your best bet for getting yourself gear to move up in Torment levels. Aim for class specific Armour Sets (Green). Wizards would be the Firebird Set, Monks Sun Wuko Set, Barbarian Marauder Set(?). Once your managing Torment 1, start running the Act 1 bounties for RoRG (Ring of Royal Grandeur). This is pretty much an essential item for set builds, as it's perk reduces the number of set items required by 1 (minimum of 2 pieces required). Eg: The Wizards FireBird set -
    (2 Pieces) Set: +500 Intelligence
    (4 Pieces) Set: When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.
    (6 Pieces) Set: Dealing Fire damage causes the enemy to take the same amount of damage over 3 seconds, stacking up to 3000% weapon damage as Fire per second. After reaching 3000% damage per second, the enemy will burn until they die.

So, with RoRG the 6 piece bonus only requires 5 pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Blizz going introduce micro-transections for D3 --- nothing with regards to items, like what the Auction House did, but more on the cosmetic side of things... did mention an XP boost though.

LINK

seems EU and US going to be limited in what becomes available here.
    Focus on Asian market for now.

Kinda glad though. No interest in that ****e, but the xp boost should not be available. Pay to win NEVER works well.

Once you have some Rift Keys, have at it. Rifts are your best bet for getting yourself gear to move up in Torment levels. Aim for class specific Armour Sets (Green). Wizards would be the Firebird Set, Monks Sun Wuko Set, Barbarian Marauder Set(?).

So, with RoRG the 6 piece bonus only requires 5 pieces.

Barbarian would be raekor set.
    Crusaders, either roland or akkan set.
    Demon hunter is marauder set.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Kinda glad though. No interest in that ****e, but the xp boost should not be available. Pay to win NEVER works well.

F2P MMOs are incredibly popular in Asia, and they are VERY grindy games... like getting 0.05% xp per minute in the higher levels. And as such, XP potions have always been a big seller.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Blizz going introduce micro-transections for D3 --- nothing with regards to items, like what the Auction House did, but more on the cosmetic side of things... did mention an XP boost though.

LINK

From what they have said, there are no plans currently to open up any MicroTrans in US or Europe. If they did (will do most probably) I would be ok with PURE cosmetic only. Those useless wings, pets and other fluff. ANYTHING that changes the gameplay experience, including XP boosts, should not be included in the West. MT's are a lot more common in the Asian Gaming Marketplace.
    Barbarian would be raekor set.
    Crusaders, either roland or akkan set.
    Demon hunter is marauder set.

Ah yes, DH = Marauder. Shows how much time I put in to my non WZ chars. :D

Finally finished my Firebird set. Last piece from Kadala, Ancient set pants. Now, just need a socketed RoRG and Stone of Jordan, and the elusive Furnace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got a boost from lvl 1 to lvl 70 on my season DH in about 35 mins lastnight, thanks RoyalMarine :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If anyone is about this weekend, i'd take boost as well. Want to get a DH or Wizard to 70, and can't be arsed levelling again.

Count me in^^

this happened last night..

They were all crap btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

When farming for something like the RROG does it matter what difficulty you do the runs in? would i get the same quality of ring from an easy mode as I would from a more difficult mode?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

When farming for something like the RROG does it matter what difficulty you do the runs in? would i get the same quality of ring from an easy mode as I would from a more difficult mode?
    As far as I remember it doesn't effect the ring, just the drop chance. I could be remembering wrong though!

higher chance for any legendary to drop from a cache per difficulty level, at 100% on torment 6 - that said it's a 20% or something chance at 100% drop rate to get the ring.. that also being said, i've gotten it on torment 1 too

As the others have said, the higher the Torment Level, the greater the chance is for it to drop. BUT, it will only drop from Torment 1 and above, nothing lower.

Bounty legendaries drop from Normal - Torment 6.

On Normal, the drop chance is low. On Torment 6, it's 100%.

Bounty legendaries drop from Normal - Torment 6.

On Normal, the drop chance is low. On Torment 6, it's 100%.

Really? I was always under the impression that they only dropped in Torment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I got my RROG on Act 4 T1 randomly after farming Act 1 for it unsuccessfully

Advertisement