Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national geographic magizine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cokecans

Super deal! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I haven't got the shipping email yet for some reason. Does it say which issue is first to ship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cokecans

No, but it does say:

If you've purchased a magazine for delivery to the U.S. and Canada, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Elsewhere, allow 8 to 12 weeks.

So we might have a while to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cokecans wrote: »
    No, but it does say:

If you've purchased a magazine for delivery to the U.S. and Canada, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Elsewhere, allow 8 to 12 weeks.

So we might have a while to wait!

Says that on my order confirmation. Just curious why I havent got a shipping confirmation when others have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Just got a mail saying that my order has been shipped. Awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Erm, so did I, which is a bit disconcerting as it was supposed to be a Christmas surprise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Thanks OP, great deal!!
    delighted, pity the traveller is not as cheap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Tusky wrote: »
    Says that on my order confirmation. Just curious why I havent got a shipping confirmation when others have.

Probably worth checking the status on your Order History on their website , mine says Shipped ,not sure if I got the email or not as all their emails went to my spam and I deleted them before I realised.

Btw I hope their customer service is good , I managed to order the subscription twice as I was messing about in 2 seperate browser windows checking prices , both show shipped , have emailed them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

cheers OP ordered this as a chrimbo pressie :D This isnt auto renewing is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

cheers OP ordered this as a chrimbo pressie :D This isnt auto renewing is it?

No, I have to renew mine every year (which is a pain in the hole)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Might be just a coincidence but anyone else been flooded with junk email since signing up for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

shayser wrote: »
    Might be just a coincidence but anyone else been flooded with junk email since signing up for this?

Yes same for me, did anyones arrive yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yup, I have received 6 emails for crap from Nat Geo since signing up. Once my first copy arrives im going to add Nat Geo to my junk filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Cheers OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Has anyone received theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Has anyone received theirs yet?

Was only thinking the same myself.

From past experience they are generally towards the middle/end of the episode month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Takes about 6 weeks from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

yeah haven't received mine - I did see this months in the shop today and just remembered I actually got this subscription - totally forgot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Haven't received mine put order in immediately when this thread commenced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'm waiting for mine too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

I ordered end of June for 28 incl P+P. Took around 3 months for the first issue as I have just received the third one, fleece came a few weeks later. They are notorious for taking ages to get the order going then it comes like clockwork and is always worth it. So hang tight guys!

The M+S price is incredible, I walked out of a shop in Dun Laoghaire in June after they scanned it at 7.60, i have bought these all over Europe for around 3.50 for years. The importer here must be making a killing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Waiting too.

Im not too bothered to be honest; they will come. And not like they go out of date really in the space of a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

[HTML]The importer here must be making a killing... [/HTML]Anybody interested in buying this mag would probably subscribe for a year. I have been getting this for years and each year I get a decent renewal offer within the mag. BTW the Fleece us worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Free electronic subscriptions to National Geographic & lots of other mags here voucher codes expiry on 15/02/2012 so offer probably available until then. Be parient though as it takes a few days for them to email code.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I persume nobody has been charged on credit card yet ?
    I managed to place the order twice due to having 2 browsers open and added to basket in each. Have been getting a bit of a run around from the customer services ,dont know i have managed to cancel duplicate order yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I wouldn't even call it a fleece. It's about 1/5 the quality of a decent fleece!! It wouldn't keep you warm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

AIB visa temporarily froze my credit card after I purchased the subscription for €15-€16. They suspected the transaction was fraudulent. Took me a while to sort it because the payment was processed by Amazon marketplace, even though I ordered through the NatGeo link provided by the OP.

Just in case anyone has the same trouble. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Link says:

12 issues
    For outside of the U.S. and Canada, please allow 8–12 weeks for the delivery of the first issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

yea still no sign..I got a call off aib when i ordered saying someone tested my card. but it was ngm they said.

Advertisement