Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

jca wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but I waited 3 months for my renewal to be settled, May-August. The waiting time doesn't seem to be any shorter.

Whats your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

My renewal date was August, but thanks to a few miscommunications - I only got mine yesterday and talk about the nick of time!!!

Lisab236 wrote: »
    My due date is 5/9 I'm aware that some people have been backdated before and after this date. But can anyone tell me if they were paid backmoney on a midweek day that's not a Thursday?

It sometimes happens , especially if you were an adult dependant on another claim , or you were on SWA , they would have to be refunded

angel176 wrote: »
    It's a joke!horibble joke!waiting for my renewal since 10 oct.I try rang them but nobody answer phone.Last year I was waitnig 19 weeks and this will be same:( It will be very sad christmas with empty table...

Well one reason for the delay is there is an awful lot more people on FIS compared to last year, and there are staff shortages in the public servive. You should apply for supplementry welfare while your waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

Hi guys, just letting ye know i got letter this morning stating i will have payment this thursday. My renewal date was 19th of September. My pps number starts with a 6. Hope anyone else waiting gets theres soon. Such a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

My wife put in for FIS months ago, at least 5-6 months. Anyway, following communication with FIS office and my social welfare office, it looks like it will be sorted over the next few weeks.

But 2 weeks ago I just got a job, which is due to start early January. Will the new job affect the application for FIS, as I doubt it will be processed before I start working?

Cheers.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    My wife put in for FIS months ago, at least 5-6 months. Anyway, following communication with FIS office and my social welfare office, it looks like it will be sorted over the next few weeks.

But 2 weeks ago I just got a job, which is due to start early January. Will the new job affect the application for FIS, as I doubt it will be processed before I start working?

Cheers.

New job won't affect application. Only the household Income around the time of application
    Will be assessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

midlands1 wrote: »
    Whats your query.

The backlog was taken to Letterkenny but everyone is still waiting 3 months...Hardly an improvement:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Can anyone tell me if I take parental leave while waiting on my renewal ...will this disqualify me from fis?? In the same way that illness benefit over 6 weeks makes your fis cease?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I really feel for everyone waiting for so long especially with Xmas coming. Department havnt covered themselves in glory by sending the backlog elsewhere and dealing with renewals after November straight away. My renewal date was the 19th Dec, forms received on the 11th and to my amazement I was back in payment yesterday the 20th. No break in payment.

Surely they could have balanced this better. I could see 4 to 6 weeks an acceptable wait time not the times I have seen throughout this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

collegeme wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I take parental leave while waiting on my renewal ...will this disqualify me from fis?? In the same way that illness benefit over 6 weeks makes your fis cease?
    it depends ,are you going to take several weeks off or just a day a week or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

At last got letter today to say we have been awarded FIS( waiting since February) letter says we getting payment 20th December but theres nothing in the bank yet? Does it take a dew days to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

yabadabado wrote: »
    it depends ,are you going to take several weeks off or just a day a week or something like that.

Was planning on taking the full block leave

• Registered Users Posts: 18 deedot

Hey guys ,got my fis back yesterday and just wondering does anyone know how long before the back pay will come

collegeme wrote: »
    Was planning on taking the full block leave
    you wouldn't be entitled to FIS for the weeks your off.

deedot wrote: »
    Hey guys ,got my fis back yesterday and just wondering does anyone know how long before the back pay will come
    usually issues with the first payment unless there is any other scheme that needs to be repaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

anyone know what date the renewals are at in letterkenny? I have a 1st time application in, but its also in letterkenny and wont be looked at until the renewals are cleared

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    anyone know what date the renewals are at in letterkenny? I have a 1st time application in, but its also in letterkenny and wont be looked at until the renewals are cleared

Renewals were supposed to be all done by christmas ,

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

My renewal date's 10th October and hasn't been processed yet, so looks like there's at least another month of renewals to catch up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

CrowWoman wrote: »
    My renewal date's 10th October and hasn't been processed yet, so looks like there's at least another month of renewals to catch up on.
    Still 3 months waiting time . No change since may.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    Still 3 months waiting time . No change since may.

I think the point is that, while we're still waiting three months, only the people with renewals before a set date in November are waiting. Those with a date after that are being renewed right away, so the number of people waiting is shrinking and will soon be gone.

Sucks to be us, but at least the backlog will be cleared once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

CrowWoman wrote: »

Perfect, thats what I'm looking for. The local Sinn Fein senator is looking in to it but there are 'holes' in the communication!

So its seems to be about 2000 renewals per month to process. An estimate of Feb 10th would be generous.

Then they'll start on the 1st time applicants.

As far as I can work out there are upwards of 4000 first time applications were sent to Letterkenny..... Could be nearly August before I get an answer. Then it will be time to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Has anyone had a renewal processed this week?

Akrasia wrote: »

There are renewals processed every week. Payment going into accounts today.

Akrasia wrote: »

Not me, bot soon I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

hi all my renewal date was the 5th december...i had a letter sayin i had been denied...i sorted that out and have given them all the info...as i dont work enough hours durin the summer hols...they sent me a letter that i got this mornin sayin that it has been sent 2 longford..doess ne1 know what will happen now...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

jenhards wrote: »
    hi all my renewal date was the 5th december...i had a letter sayin i had been denied...i sorted that out and have given them all the info...as i dont work enough hours durin the summer hols...they sent me a letter that i got this mornin sayin that it has been sent 2 longford..doess ne1 know what will happen now...
    sounds like you appealed the decision ,the appeals office will have sent a notice to longford to re look at the claim and decide is there grounds for your decision to be overturned.It will probably be a few weeks before you get anymore correspondence from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sounds like you appealed the decision ,the appeals office will have sent a notice to longford to re look at the claim and decide is there grounds for your decision to be overturned.It will probably be a few weeks before you get anymore correspondence from them.

yeh thats rite thats what the letter said....h so thats ok then...was wonderin how that went...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 angel176

hi my renewal date is 10 of october and i had payment 27 of december.call to letterkenry they will help you do it faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We got a letter today stating our FIS renewal has been processed. Our renewal date was 03/10/12. Hope to get the payment on thursday. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting

Advertisement