Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Akrasia wrote: »
    We got a letter today stating our FIS renewal has been processed. Our renewal date was 03/10/12. Hope to get the payment on thursday. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting
    Still 3 months waiting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

Akrasia wrote: »
    We got a letter today stating our FIS renewal has been processed. Our renewal date was 03/10/12. Hope to get the payment on thursday. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting

Brilliant news, mine can't be too far off! Happy days for you on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Renewal date of 4th October, letter arrived yesterday that it had been granted. No sign of arrears yet but first payment due this week. The relief is unreal. Best of luck everybody. From what I understand it's approximately 3 months for those whose renewals fell before November/December and barely 3 weeks for those after.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

a friend of mine got her fis renewal on the end of november and sent it back on the 30/11 and her renewal date is the 26/01 she still hasnt got any confirmation can anyone advise if they got any confirmation letters back or could advise how long is the current waiting time for renewal app for 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

a friend of mine got her fis renewal on the end of november and sent it back on the 30/11 and her renewal date is the 26/01 she still hasnt got any confirmation can anyone advise if they got any confirmation letters back or could advise how long is the current waiting time for renewal app for 2013
    There is no waiting time for current renewals.If your application is returned in advance and everything is in order there will be no break in payments.this has been the set up since mid November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Anyone know how long it takes to get back payment?? I got a letter 22nd december to say our claim was approved, got first payment last thurs jan 3rd.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

My FIS and arrears were in the bank this morning -- hallelujah! My renewal date was 10th October and my PPS number begins with a 6.

All the best to those still waiting; it can't be too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annemorris

im waiting for fis just looking to see where there at it looks like oct mine is start of nov so hopefully it wont be long

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

She should have got letter by now. There is no waiting for renewals now. There done in the expiry week .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sabii29

got today letter,my renewal date was 25.oct money will be on account on this thurday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 veronique75

that's brilliant...my renewal date was 17th of october, and still nothing :-( I rang them today, they said it takes two more weeks. I had rang them last week, and they said exactly the same....two more weeks. I have six kids, and a very tight budget.. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annemorris

sabii29 wrote: »
    got today letter,my renewal date was 25.oct money will be on account on this thurday!

thats good mine should be soon fingers crossed thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bod68

hi.im just wondering if anyone can help..... my fis renewal is up shortly,i have to send my form in by end of month.my query is this,the only thing that has changed since last year is that i have taken a temorary extra job on which started just before xmas and finishes at the end of january,if fis is calcullated on earnings at time of renewal,what happens in my case???

that's brilliant...my renewal date was 17th of october, and still nothing :-( I rang them today, they said it takes two more weeks. I had rang them last week, and they said exactly the same....two more weeks. I have six kids, and a very tight budget.. :S

You should ring letterkenny . All the renewals are being done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

whats the waiting time for renewals now?

Kevint30 wrote: »
    whats the waiting time for renewals now?

There is no waiting time , providing everything is in order

I hope it stays that way until may.....I doubt it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

jca wrote: »
    I hope it stays that way until may.....I doubt it though!!
    No reason it wont continue without a break now that they have cleared the backlog.

No reason it wont continue without a break now that they have cleared the backlog.

I really hope so. Some stressful 3 months last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 llj

I got a letter today saying they had received my renewal form,in the letter it said there was a back log so there could be a delay in processing my renewal,I rang then and a recorded message said they we're processing the 5th of November claims,does any one have any idea if this is the case or just the standard letter that everyone receives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

Sent renewal form on the 11th, recieved a letter on the 28th stating they had recieved my application, it said on the letter that there was a delay in processing applications. Today we got awarded our FIS, no payment was missed

Sent renewal form on the 11th, recieved a letter on the 28th stating they had recieved my application, it said on the letter that there was a delay in processing applications. Today we got awarded our FIS, no payment was missed

Good stuff indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

jca wrote: »
    Good stuff indeed..

Yep, was absolutely feckin delighted, waited 9/10 months first time round, 6 months last year, so 2 weeks or so is brilliant!

That's great i'll keep my fingers crossed,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

seems to be no delay in FIS renewals any more.Is the backlog of claims up to November 2012 cleared as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The New JFK

My renewal date is the end of this month,I held off sending it in ontill I got my P60.I worked it out and I am 10 euro a week over the limit,looks like that little bit of extra overtime in the run up to Xmas is going to cost me.

I don't think I am going to bother sending the renewal forum in as it will be a waste of time.My job have cut back big time on the overtime,so I will fall back into the net soon enough.My question is,how long do I need to leave it before I can apply again..?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

llj wrote: »
    I got a letter today saying they had received my renewal form,in the letter it said there was a back log so there could be a delay in processing my renewal,I rang then and a recorded message said they we're processing the 5th of November claims,does any one have any idea if this is the case or just the standard letter that everyone receives
    Got this letter today:-C cant afford to be down fis as ive communion and confirmation this year:-/

mum37 wrote: »
    Got this letter today:-C cant afford to be down fis as ive communion and confirmation this year:-/
    Got letter today my renewal is processed,renewal date not till 22nd of Feb,so there seems to be no back log in renewals,thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mum37 wrote: »
    Got letter today my renewal is processed,renewal date not till 22nd of Feb,so there seems to be no back log in renewals,thank god
    The letter does mention a backlog but that's probably only a precaution but I think you may have misheard the recorded message ,it actually says from Nov 5th there is no backlog.
    If your claim is in on time and everything is in order there is no backlog.There will always be an odd case that something delays it but the vast majority of claims are processed without delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

yabadabado wrote: »

The letter does mention a backlog but that's probably only a precaution but I think you may have misheard the recorded message ,it actually says from Nov 5th there is no backlog.
    If your claim is in on time and everything is in order there is no backlog.There will always be an odd case that something delays it but the vast majority of claims are processed without delay.
    Thnx so much yabadabado:))))

Advertisement