Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

mum37 wrote: »
    Thnx so much yabadabado:))))
    Got letter today looking for p60, so hopefully all will go well now:)))

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

My renewal date was in early feb.

Employer still has the form (4 week's now!!!!)

I have been promised it for monday.

Question is will fis accept my late form and still pay missed weeks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

busymom31 wrote: »
    My renewal date was in early feb.

Employer still has the form (4 week's now!!!!)

I have been promised it for monday.

Question is will fis accept my late form and still pay missed weeks??
    Yes and yes. I thought it said on the renewal letter the latest date you can submit the renewal without losing money. I think it's 3 months after the expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

I got my last fis payment on feb 28th, I havent received a renewal letter yet, should I have got one? Ive just downloaded the FIS application form and had started to fill it out when it occured to me that i should have got a renewal letter, now im wondering can i just send in the application form?

I got my last fis payment on feb 28th, I havent received a renewal letter yet, should I have got one? Ive just downloaded the FIS application form and had started to fill it out when it occured to me that i should have got a renewal letter, now im wondering can i just send in the application form?
    I got my renewal letter in jan, and my renewal same date as u hun, id give them a ring to know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It must have got mislead in the post,everyone should receive a renewal form.I would complete the form you downloaded and return it soon as possible.I wouldn't waste time/money ringing them and having to wait for an application to be sent out in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Ive had nothing but hassle with FIS, it really is like trying to get blood from a stone, i waited 44 weeks to get my payment and when I did they calculated it wrong, ive been ringing, emailing all to no avail. Now my claim is up and Im hoping I wont be waiting as lon again!
    Im really fed up now:mad:

Ive had nothing but hassle with FIS, it really is like trying to get blood from a stone, i waited 44 weeks to get my payment and when I did they calculated it wrong, ive been ringing, emailing all to no avail. Now my claim is up and Im hoping I wont be waiting as lon again!
    Waiting times are gone for renewals, as long as all in order!! As yabadabadoo said send in ur application with p60 and payslips shouldnt be long hun:))

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

I'd chase it up with them too -- your payment won't start again til you get the form back to them so better sooner than later.

Ive had nothing but hassle with FIS, it really is like trying to get blood from a stone, i waited 44 weeks to get my payment and when I did they calculated it wrong, ive been ringing, emailing all to no avail. Now my claim is up and Im hoping I wont be waiting as lon again! I really think there is a bunch of monkeys working in the FIS section.
    I couldn't agree with you on this. I've been on Fis on and off over the years and find them very helpful. They never make it sound like the money is coming out of their pocket unlike my local cwo, a horrible person.

• Advertisement

Sent back my renewal last week, that wasn't long coming around!! Are there any delays in the renewal time?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 momto3

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows what I do for my renewal next month as my days at work have been cut from 3 to 1 which is only 8 hours, but I managed to get 15 hours with another company,do I need to get two forms...is this okay.. Thanks

momto3 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows what I do for my renewal next month as my days at work have been cut from 3 to 1 which is only 8 hours, but I managed to get 15 hours with another company,do I need to get two forms...is this okay.. Thanks

Give them a ring and see what they say. Maybe a letter from one of the employers would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

momto3 wrote: »
    just photocopy the back of the form where the employer completes your work details and get that completed by one employer.That will be fine along with a copy of a payslip.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 momto3

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

Hi,
    I know that if your income has changed while on FIS you still get the same money as they calculated when first applied, but how does it work when you sending in application for the second time, like for another year, and if your income had increased during the year, do they deduct the money when you are renewing the application???

thank s, if anyone can help...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

When you sent in your renewal form you must state your income they simply work out the new rate for the next year.

If your income varies from week to week I think they'll use last years P60 amount divided by 52 to determine the weekly rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

for renewal claims they usually use the P60 from the previous year.They don't deduct money off you if your income has increased since you applied last year but your current claim may decrease ie they don't look for money back as FIS is set for a 52 week period.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

for renewal claims they usually use the P60 from the previous year.They don't deduct money off you if your income has increased since you applied last year but your current claim may decrease ie they don't look for money back as FIS is set for a 52 week period.

thank you for clarifications....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

My renewal form was sent back in April p60, payslips, and form filled up, did not recieve a letter to say they got my renewal, my date is 23/05, getting very worried now :(

kmscc wrote: »
    My renewal form was sent back in April p60, payslips, and form filled up, did not recieve a letter to say they got my renewal, my date is 23/05, getting very worried now :(

My date is exactly the same as you. I got the standard letter acknowledging my renewal form but nothing else. I hope the money is in the bank tomorrow, just couldn't handle the stress of last year again.

I didn't get the standard letter, now i am really worried....

Nothing in the bank this morning. Dont think I can handke a summer like last summer again. Im so disappointed. The automated announcement said there was no delays for renewals.

Money in the bank this morning such relief.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There are no delays with renewals. your claim would have been processed but FIS require additional information to issue a decision.Did you send all the required info/fully complete the form.payslips and P60 ? I would ring/email them.

I'm worried now. I wish they'd answer the bloody phone. I can't understand why it isn't lodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShawnyPat

Give them a ring.
    I got my renewal form at the end of March (I got a weird renewal form though: one page and only had to provide payslips) and got the acknowledgment letter on 9th April, the acceptance on 15th May and money in today. The renewal date was today so I was glad of no break this year.

Been trying to ring all morning but no one is answering. I got the acknowledgement letter in April but not a word since. You'd think with the system up to date that there would be no problem getting through..... Verry stressful..

• Advertisement

fgfggcgv wrote: »
    There are no delays with renewals. your claim would have been processed but FIS require additional information to issue a decision.Did you send all the required info/fully complete the form.payslips and P60 ? I would ring/email them.
    Everything required was sent, P60,Payslips,completed form stamped by my employer. I've just sent an e-mail to them. The address I sent it to is fissection@welfare.ie, Is that the correct address?

Advertisement