Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lisab236

Well it's another Thursday morning and there's no sign of any payment in the bank. My renewal date was 5th sept. would love to know if anyone out there got backdated and what date they were at?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lisab236 wrote: »
    Well it's another Thursday morning and there's no sign of any payment in the bank. My renewal date was 5th sept. would love to know if anyone out there got backdated and what date they were at?

That's depressing.
    My renewal is 3rd of October. I have 150 quid in my bank account to last until the 21st of December and I'll need to spend most of that on petrol just to get back and forth from work.

But good news, On budget day, we'll probably have another cut in child benefit and another increase in USC and probably a cut in the rates of FIS and increase in Excise on petrol.
    All so we can pay over 3 billion to private bondholders in a corrupt and failed bank next march

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lady m

Lisab236 wrote: »

my renewal date is the same as you 05/09...i wud love to know where they are at with the renewals but of course i haven't enough credit to ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cantcope

just off the phone with fis they are on the last week in aug 29th but are going by you pps number mine renewal is the 29th but because of my pps i will not hear till next weekxx

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

cantcope wrote: »
    just off the phone with fis they are on the last week in aug 29th but are going by you pps number mine renewal is the 29th but because of my pps i will not hear till next weekxx
    they said they were on the last week of August last week. I thought they were supposed to have extra resources, I thought they were supposed to be clearing the backlog.

• Advertisement

ye i was relying on it this week myself would like to know if any one with the 29th of aug renewal got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

29th August & nothing here. Pps starts with a 6

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kristobal

My renewal date is Aug 21st and still nothing in the bank this morning. PPS starts with a 4. Pressure mounting...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Akrasia wrote: »
    That's depressing.
    My renewal is 3rd of October. I have 150 quid in my bank account to last until the 21st of December and I'll need to spend most of that on petrol just to get back and forth from work.

But good news, On budget day, we'll probably have another cut in child benefit and another increase in USC and probably a cut in the rates of FIS and increase in Excise on petrol.
    All so we can pay over 3 billion to private bondholders in a corrupt and failed bank next march
    Banned for a week.Off topic/rant/moans will not be tolerated.

mp22

i think its the letter in the end of the pps they are going for mine is u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

cantcope wrote: »
    i think its the letter in the end of the pps they are going for mine is u

Is it ?? Then I'm P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fairycakes123

my date is the 29th of august also, and my letter is u, so fingers crossed we'll be sorted this day next week, have to get santa sorted and the stress is tooooo much...... hope it wont be like this again next year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It has nothing to do with the letter at the end of the PPS number.They are filed and processed in numerical order.It would be impossible to use letters .

• Subscribers Posts: 41,106 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yabadabado wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the letter at the end of the PPS number.They are filed and processed in numerical order.It would be impossible to use letters .

Does anyone know at what point they will hold up their hands and say 'we won't reach from xth date onwards before Christmas' ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Have been watching this thread closely. My FIS ended 22nd August + back pay was in my account this morning!

Id say a few of the above posters who are a week after me may expect to be sorted next Thurs. Also, I don't think it's anything to do with your PPS Number - just your allotted date, that's the way they work it I think

Eden3 wrote: »
    Have been watching this thread closely. My FIS ended 22nd August + back pay was in my account this morning!

Id say a few of the above posters who are a week after me may expect to be sorted next Thurs. Also, I don't think it's anything to do with your PPS Number - just your allotted date, that's the way they work it I think
    Its date and PPS number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

yabadabado wrote: »
    Its date and PPS number.

Doubt it - that wouldnt make any sense! Renewal date, is renewal date .... that's the order apps get processed in

thats what the women in fis said its is going by your pps but hopefully we will be sorted next week finger crossed

Doubt it - that wouldnt make any sense! Renewal date, is renewal date .... that's the order apps get processed in
    You are wrong,They do it in date order,which is always a Thursday and then in numerical order per PPSN.How does that not make sense?How else could it be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mimix3

My renewal date is 02/08 and we were told by email today it will be another 1-2 weeks. They've been telling us 1-2 weeks since 19/10. Thank God for my parents help.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,106 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

told today that they are "starting september" and that i should hear something in "the next week or two"

that puts a probable date at 14th december

i cannot afford to wait until then to be disappointed so im going to have to try to organise alternative funds in the meantime :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

I rang there too (renewal 19th September) and spoke to a lovely fella who said that I should be sorted before Christmas. He couldn't say exactly when but that I should receive something from them in a few weeks.. Heres hoping.. I feel sorry for them, they are just doing their jobs and are probably told SFA and they have to take the brunt of everyones frustrations

how is it that some people who had renewal dates for first week in september are back in payment but people that are the end of august are still waiting!!!!!!!!?? its just ridiculous...

yabadabadoo can you shed any light??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

how is it that some people who had renewal dates for first week in september are back in payment but people that are the end of august are still waiting!!!!!!!!?? its just ridiculous...

yabadabadoo can you shed any light??

They sent the backlog to another office which won't be touching them until after Christmas. So the more recent ones are being dealt with but the backlog are being left there for now.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lowincome-families-may-not-get-cash-by-christmas-3300446.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 annig

Hi all. I have just phoned the FIS office (my renewal is beginning Oct) and been told that all of September and October have been sent to another office to be dealt with and there is no communication with that office. She reckoned I should have it by xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

annig wrote: »
    Hi all. I have just phoned the FIS office (my renewal is beginning Oct) and been told that all of September and October have been sent to another office to be dealt with and there is no communication with that office. She reckoned I should have it by xmas!

That was my understanding too. All the new applications from June to November and all the renewals up to end of September were sent off site to Letterkenny.. They are getting all the renewals up to date before Christmas and then will begin on the backlog for new applications after Christmas.

Anything received after Nov 5th (either New or Renewal) is being dealt with straight away in the usual office. All we can do is wait.

ash23 wrote: »
    They sent the backlog to another office which won't be touching them until after Christmas. So the more recent ones are being dealt with but the backlog are being left there for now.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lowincome-families-may-not-get-cash-by-christmas-3300446.html
    thats just for new apps, all renewals are to be paid by xmas..... got a letter from my td today so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

There done in renewal date order

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

29th August & nothing here. Pps starts with a 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

midlands1 wrote: »

Yes they are, but there are hundreds of people with each renewal date. For each date the applications are processed in order of PPS number. For example if two people have a renewal date of 10th October, the one whose PPS starts with a 2 will be processed before the one whose PPS starts with an 8.

My renewal date's 10th October and I'm clinging on to hope that it'll be through before Christmas.

Advertisement