Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Anyone know when the Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo will be available in Ireland and at what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Anyone know when the Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo will be available in Ireland and at what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Irishder wrote: »

They are $180US so I'd say €150 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just wondering what people are turning to following the recent/imminent demise of the Asics Gel DS Trainer?

Looking for a neutral light shoe for speedwork and short races

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Currently using NB 1400 for that sort of thing. I also like Adidas Adios or Saucony Kinvara for shorter/faster runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Any Asics wearers out there who have ever noticed a slight difference in size between their current shoe and a brand new pair?
    I have been wearing a pair of GT 1000-6 since last November and have just bought a pair of GT 2000-5 in the same size (10.5)
    Have just tried them on and I noticed straight away that there was noticeably less wiggle room for the toes at the top. Cant remember if I experienced anything similar with my first pair but i dont think so. Am reluctant to go another half size up as I feel they would be that bit too big.
    Generally, whats the rule of thumb when picking the right size of running shoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^^
    From my experience and anecdotal evidence I've stumbled across online, it seems that Asics have made a complete pigs arse of all their running shoe range.

I wore Cumulus for almost 10 years but abandoned last year...tried on a pair late last year and they were just horrible. The toe box felt tiny and everything else felt wrong as a result. Moved on to New Balance 880s instead and happy with them so far

Cartman78 wrote: »
    ^^^
    From my experience and anecdotal evidence I've stumbled across online, it seems that Asics have made a complete pigs arse of all their running shoe range.

I wore Cumulus for almost 10 years but abandoned last year...tried on a pair late last year and they were just horrible. The toe box felt tiny and everything else felt wrong as a result. Moved on to New Balance 880s instead and happy with them so far

Disappointing as I desperately need a new pair.

The pitfalls of online purchasing.......:(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^^^

What he said. I was a dyed in the wool Asics wearer but switched to Mizuno about 2 years ago. I regret nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rossi7

coogy wrote: »
    ^^^

I've switched to the Pegaus 35's recently and I'll not look back Coogy, from Mizuno to Saucony I've not had a better shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Can you return them? I switched from ASICS to Saucony two years ago and to Mizuno last week.

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Can you return them? I switched from ASICS to Saucony two years ago and to Mizuno last week.

Thanks!

Yeah I'm going to send them back. Will definitely check out Saucony and Mizuno.

Ideally, if I'm going to buy them online, would like to try them on elsewhere if I can find a place that stocks them......

Argh, is buying online more hassle than it's worth???? :confused::confused:

Rossi7 wrote: »
    I've switched to the Pegaus 35's recently and I'll not look back Coogy, from Mizuno to Saucony I've not had a better shoe.

Thanks Rossi7, sounds good!!!

Thanks!

Yeah I'm going to send them back. Will definitely check out Saucony and Mizuno.

Ideally, if I'm going to buy them online, would like to try them on elsewhere if I can find a place that stocks them......

Argh, is buying online more hassle than it's worth???? :confused::confused:

If getting something new I’d try on before buying. Last week I went to the shop and chose the Mizunos and to be honest they weren’t any cheaper online anyway with postage. Assuming I stay happy with them I’ll keep an eye out for deals then online from now on. That’s what I did with my Saucony’s and got two pairs for €50 each last Xmas. They changed the version though and the toe box went too small like your ASICS ones and started to give me blisters so I needed a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Any Asics wearers out there who have ever noticed a slight difference in size between their current shoe and a brand new pair?
    I have been wearing a pair of GT 1000-6 since last November and have just bought a pair of GT 2000-5 in the same size (10.5)
    Have just tried them on and I noticed straight away that there was noticeably less wiggle room for the toes at the top. Cant remember if I experienced anything similar with my first pair but i dont think so. Am reluctant to go another half size up as I feel they would be that bit too big.
    Generally, whats the rule of thumb when picking the right size of running shoe?

This exact thing happened me. I always wear GT 1000s. I'd one pair of 2000s a few years back but am generally too cheap to pay the extra tenner for the 2000s. Thought I'd splash out (:o) for the marathon and bought GT 2000-5s (I think) and they're definitely smaller than the 1000s. I checked the soles against each other and they're the same size, so it's definitely something to do with the toe box. Needed another new pair last week to rotate and reverted to 1000s with no issue.

In terms of rule of thumb on sizing, I'm a 5 generally and used to wear 5s but now I wear a half size bigger. They felt like boats for the first while but I couldn't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Bought the Nike Streak 6 last week for €57.98 (had 20% voucher on top of the sale price) from the Nike store. First run was the Strava #MyMile

19D55246-32D0-4EA3-8B77-E04C521C158E_zpswjnhwn3r.jpg

Any report back on these guys? Looking for a new racer.....not necessarily for Marathons.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

healy1835 wrote: »
    Any report back on these guys? Looking for a new racer.....not necessarily for Marathons.

Love them! I have 260 miles on them now. Have mostly used used them for races up to half marathon distance and track training. I'll be buying another pair for the winter.

Huzzah! wrote: »
    This exact thing happened me. I always wear GT 1000s. I'd one pair of 2000s a few years back but am generally too cheap to pay the extra tenner for the 2000s. Thought I'd splash out (:o) for the marathon and bought GT 2000-5s (I think) and they're definitely smaller than the 1000s. I checked the soles against each other and they're the same size, so it's definitely something to do with the toe box. Needed another new pair last week to rotate and reverted to 1000s with no issue.

In terms of rule of thumb on sizing, I'm a 5 generally and used to wear 5s but now I wear a half size bigger. They felt like boats for the first while but I couldn't go back.

Yeah same here, size of the actual shoes were identical!

Yeah same here, size of the actual shoes were identical!

I’m normally a 39 but in runners I always go up a size and all of mine are a 40. Think it’s just the padding in them or something.

I’m normally a 39 but in runners I always go up a size and all of mine are a 40. Think it’s just the padding in them or something.

Thanks Kellygirl, I find that half a size bigger does it for me.

Need to seek out a good Mizuno stockist. Have you ever been to Amphibian King?

• Advertisement

Thanks Kellygirl, I find that half a size bigger does it for me.

Need to seek out a good Mizuno stockist. Have you ever been to Amphibian King?

Afraid not as living in Cork. Supposed to be brilliant though. Don’t they allow you take runners away to try?

Afraid not as living in Cork. Supposed to be brilliant though. Don’t they allow you take runners away to try?

No too sure but that sounds ace.

Will probably drop into them over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    My fav recovery shoe at the moment, pity PI pulled out of the running market, but I did pick up 3 pairs for <€100 [EM Road N1 V2]

36800550_10214907138706309_6008197331961249792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f310a9fb51bb3967b6275850aefa58d&oe=5BCE4DAB

any link plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

seanin4711 wrote: »
    any link plz?

https://www.biketart.com/clothing-c7/shoes-c51/pearl-izumi-mens-em-road-n1-v2-p25179

Difficult to get a hold off now unless you are an unpopular size.

Just bought myself a pair of these! (won't have them till I get back from holiday though.....:(

brooks%20raveanna_zpsptpz3nb0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

My current pair of Asics Kayano 24 are just about on their last legs. Looking around for something new for long distance runs with an open mind.

What are people recommending? Reason I ask as quick check online of latest Asics reviews aren’t all that encouraging.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just bought myself a pair of these! (won't have them till I get back from holiday though.....:(

brooks%20raveanna_zpsptpz3nb0.jpg

Im wearing Brooks Ravenna 7, I prefer them way more than previous Asics..
    After seeing this photo I said it's about time I treat myself to a new pair..
    Checked my Garmin Connect history, over 1200 miles done !!

4Ad wrote: »
    Im wearing Brooks Ravenna 7, I prefer them way more than previous Asics..
    After seeing this photo I said it's about time I treat myself to a new pair..
    Checked my Garmin Connect history, over 1200 miles done !!

I went into Run Hub on George's St in Dublin today.

They did a full gait analysis for about 15 minutes before recommending which running shoes were the best for me.

Would definitely recommend paying them a visit if you're in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Any overpronators here that use a neutral shoe for short runs or tempo runs?

I normally wear brooks adrenaline, and have just ordered a new pair, I would like to have a second pair for short midweek stuff but can’t really find anything fairly cheap that’s also a stability model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I normally wear brooks adrenaline, and have just ordered a new pair, I would like to have a second pair for short midweek stuff but can’t really find anything fairly cheap that’s also a stability model

New balance m1500

Advertisement