Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Bahanaman wrote: »
    New balance m1500

Much obliged, will look into them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    My fav recovery shoe at the moment, pity PI pulled out of the running market, but I did pick up 3 pairs for <€100 [EM Road N1 V2]

36800550_10214907138706309_6008197331961249792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f310a9fb51bb3967b6275850aefa58d&oe=5BCE4DAB
    Go way ya bollix, buying all the available pairs left. They're my marathon pb shoe. Now, having just insulted you dearly, could I ask, what size are those lovelies and would you be willing to sell a pair to one of your biggest fans on this site (me)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

coogy wrote: »
    I went into Run Hub on George's St in Dublin today.

They did a full gait analysis for about 15 minutes before recommending which running shoes were the best for me.

Would definitely recommend paying them a visit if you're in Dublin.

Thanks but rarely in Dublin...maybe Amphibian king in Oranmore.
    Did 8 miles in my old Asics gel nimbus...awful,no cushioning left..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Itziger wrote: »
    Go way ya bollix, buying all the available pairs left. They're my marathon pb shoe. Now, having just insulted you dearly, could I ask, what size are those lovelies and would you be willing to sell a pair to one of your biggest fans on this site (me)?

What size are you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Heading to Kildare Village on Saturday....will have a look in Asics for old times sake but will probably do some running retail therapy in either NB or Nike.

Might just get another pair or NB 880 but also on the lookout for a racing shoe as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Much obliged, will look into them

No bother! Last year's or even the year before's version might be available online for a good price.

What size are you :rolleyes:
    About Euro 43. Think you might be bigger. Will confirm the pair I have tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

They are $180US so I'd say €150 in Ireland.

Looks like we are being robbed again, They are $180 and they are now available in nike Ireland for €180. :rolleyes:

About Euro 43. Think you might be bigger. Will confirm the pair I have tomorrow.

Sz 10/45.5

Sz 10/45.5
    Hmmmm, thought so. Ah, well, I’ll keep looking. They’re a nice shoe to use for recovery though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Anybody bought shoes from Sport Pursuit and did everything go ok. I see they are selling NB 1500 V4 for €46, call me suspicious but ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Anybody bought shoes from Sport Pursuit and did everything go ok. I see they are selling NB 1500 V4 for €46, call me suspicious but ........

Sport pursuit are sound, have bought off them plenty, got my gf some brooks there recently.

Saw the new balance but unsure of my size in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I’ve not bought shoes from them but have bought quite a few other things and all great. Delivery can take a while. They essentially buy end of season or a bunch of stock from warehouses and sell it off. Some of it they don’t have themselves yet (as in still in the warehouse) so delivery could take a while but I’ve never once had a problem with them and I can think of at least 3 different purchases I’ve made ... all branded stuff such as Speedo swimwear for example. Never an issue. Had forgotten about them. I got sick of all the emails so unsubscribed but must check for runners every now and then.

Much obliged, will look into them;)

Have a look at the NB Vazee Prism V2, nice & light with a bit of support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seanin4711 wrote: »
    on the lookout for something new and always swore by brooks adrenaline but @160 euro in elverys!:eek::eek::eek:

low and behold

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/hok225/hoka-clayton-running-shoes/?_ga=2.35179873.1515682600.1529609289-1231911045.1527627456&_gac=1.162081358.1529609294.CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblEsFubcAlo0lzj1l-j9urEcGWAkEFUOIw1UZ1qAifOzxLBon34MpfxoCSx8QAvD_BwE

lovely light shoe with heaps of support and need to get used to the extra arch support for supinators.
    small bit of blistering as a result of being keen to get running in them

very happy

update
    i wouldn't buy these again.
    great light shoe but have to tape up feet in future in arch and small toes on the outside.
    i have given them the bedding in period of over a month but still get blisters on small toes and in arch behind ball of foot.
    seems to be a design issue.
    "The Clayton v2 is what the Clayton v1 should have been, as the blisters in the arch area dampened this shoe model and the HOKA company. "
    http://www.doctorsofrunning.com/2017/04/hoka-one-one-clayton-2-review.html
    never had this issue with brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Just saw this on sports pursuit, I would be very tempted but i bought a pair of Nike Pegasus 35's on saturday. I did ask about the NB 1500 in the shop and they didnt have my size to try on, They have them classed as mild support racing shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Anyone running in the Nike epic react. Thinking of buying a pair .

Sport Pursuit are around quite a few years, no issues purchasing from them, assume you mean the v5?

One thing to watch out for though is that they don't operate like a typical online merchant.
    Their main model is a flash sale model, meaning they make a commitment to a brand that they can shift XX amount of stock per size. They then run a time limited flash sale. Only when the sale ends do they place their order and subsequently are in a position to fulfil yours.
    This means delivery is typically not quick and I would say in my experience longer than what they state about 50% of the time.

They do occasional warehouse offers, but that's not the norm.

tl;dr
    Check their 'estimated' delivery date
    Only order if you don't mind waiting a bit

Sport Pursuit are around quite a few years, no issues purchasing from them, assume you mean the v5?

One thing to watch out for though is that they don't operate like a typical online merchant.
    Their main model is a flash sale model, meaning they make a commitment to a brand that they can shift XX amount of stock per size. They then run a time limited flash sale. Only when the sale ends do they place their order and subsequently are in a position to fulfil yours.
    This means delivery is typically not quick and I would say in my experience longer than what they state about 50% of the time.

They do occasional warehouse offers, but that's not the norm.

tl;dr
    Check their 'estimated' delivery date
    Only order if you don't mind waiting a bit

It's the 1500 V4 they have for sale, I checked the NB website but no mention of a V5, is there a new version in the pipeline ?

fennor72 wrote: »
    Anyone running in the Nike epic react. Thinking of buying a pair .

was just going to post an update on them after a fair number of runs - love them.
    perfect light training shoe that are cushioned but responsive.
    not super-responsive like a hardcore racer obv but still a good balance between two usually mutually exclusive elements.

perfect for anything from 10 min a mile pace to 7 min a mile pace (don't run out-for-a-run runs faster than that average anymore lol).

only downside and I wouldn't consider it a biggie that at the outset if you hit say a kerb at an angle they feel a little wobbly due to raised height.
    wouldn't consider it a huge deal.

go 1/2 side up as the (very good quality) flyknit upper is a little tight. doable at normal shoe size but 1/2 size up will see you right.

as a bonus the durability of the react material is being quoted at 600 miles + by normal runners. there was some talk about the foam wearing but that has been dispelled (they actually have sort of "preworn" areas when new which was throwing people off). wouldn't use them on jagged rocks or anything but could handle tarmac, grass, light trails fine. would be slippy on wet grass potentially tho.

edit - some people say that after about 8 miles the react doesn't seem to work as well / seems like cushion doesn't work well at that point maybe due to the foam getting warm or something like that. being honest I've probably only done 10km / 6.x mile runs in these max - so something to potentially keep in mind if you plan on doing long runs. doesn't seem to be the case for all but some have reported it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Thinking of getting the Odessey Reacts myself, the new foam sounds comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

glasso wrote:
    go 1/2 side up as the (very good quality) flyknit upper is a little tight. doable at normal shoe size but 1/2 size up will see you right.

glasso wrote:
    as a bonus the durability of the react material is being quoted at 600 miles + by normal runners. there was some talk about the foam wearing but that has been dispelled (they actually have sort of "preworn" areas when new which was throwing people off). wouldn't use them on jagged rocks or anything but could handle tarmac, grass, light trails fine. would be slippy on wet grass potentially tho.

Thanks for that.
    I did try a pair on in the shop a couple of weeks ago and they felt fantastic, really comfy. The only reason I didn't buy them was I was worried how long they would last. I was going to use them as a half marathon and up shoe. I normally run in kinvaras but I'm not very impressed with the 9 so I think I'll go with the reacts

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

fennor72 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I did try a pair on in the shop a couple of weeks ago and they felt fantastic, really comfy. The only reason I didn't buy them was I was worried how long they would last. I was going to use them as a half marathon and up shoe. I normally run in kinvaras but I'm not very impressed with the 9 so I think I'll go with the reacts

Would echo Glasso's comments really.

I have probably put in around 300k on the Epic Reacts and find them a good balance between not too soft and just responsive enough. Have used them for half marathon distances and would consider them for Marathon distances too.

I have also used them on interval sessions and they hold up well. Would agree going around tight corners can cause some issues, due to the upper construction and stack height combination. Have found a lack of grip on smooth tarmac that is wet also.

I am coming from using Hoka Clifton on long distances and Adidas Adizero tempo 8 for 5/10k and interval/speed work. I feel with epic react I covering most of my runs with one pair of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Dublin tomorrow and was looking for a recommendation on where to go for gait analysis and buying new runners.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Dublin tomorrow and was looking for a recommendation on where to go for gait analysis and buying new runners.

Thanks

I'd definitely recommend heading to Run Hub on Aungier St.
    They do a really thorough gait analysis but they will charge €20 for the privelage if you decide not to buy.

I'd definitely recommend heading to Run Hub on Aungier St.
    They do a really thorough gait analysis but they will charge €20 for the privelage if you decide not to buy.

Never got gait analysis done before. Do I bring my gear with me and change in there?

Thanks for quick reply!

Never got gait analysis done before. Do I bring my gear with me and change in there?

Thanks for quick reply!

No need to bring your gear in. They will get you to run the length of the shop floor in your bare feet and record you. They'll then analyse it by playing it back to you in slow-mo and point out any areas that may need addressing before recommending the best shoe for you.
    I had a gait analysis done there about three weeks ago and he recommended a pair of Brooks for me. I can redeem the cost of the gait analysis against the cost of the trainers when I get back from my hols! :D

No need to bring your gear in. They will get you to run the length of the shop floor in your bare feet and record you. They'll then analyse it by playing it back to you in slow-mo and point out any areas that may need addressing before recommending the best shoe for you.
    I had a gait analysis done there about three weeks ago and he recommended a pair of Brooks for me. I can redeem the cost of the gait analysis against the cost of the trainers when I get back from my hols! :D

Thanks for recommendation man. Got myself a pair of Mizunos in there after the gait analysis. Nice guy to deal with in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Adidas superstars

• Advertisement

Thanks for recommendation man. Got myself a pair of Mizunos in there after the gait analysis. Nice guy to deal with in there.

Excellent, glad you got sorted! I'll definitely be going back again!

Advertisement