Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

cmac2009 wrote:
    How have you found the ST?. I'm chopping and changing my mind each day, I'm looking for a stability shoe but most seem quite heavy. Currently use saucony guide 10, which I've found to have the perfect balance between stability and weight. But looking to branch out and try something different as I increase my number of runs each week.

I'm liking them but it took me a while to get used to them. My first Adidas shoes were the sequence 7 and they were just brilliant. I was heartbroken when they were updated. They had it all. Great support, cushioning and above all durability. I got well over 1000 miles each out of two pairs. I'm still trawling the internet searching for a pair in my size. I then went on to get a pair of sequence 9. While I liked the fit and ride of them they weren't nearly as durable, especially the uppers. The ST are going well. The boost cushioning is brilliant as ever. I think they are a bit bulky compared the the previous models. Keep an eye out on sports direct as they often have weekly deals on Adidas shoes which offer huge savings. Funnily enough I was looking at trying out the saucony guides! What puts me off leaving Adidas is that most other brands use softer blown rubber in the forefoot. I'm a forefoot striker and would usually have gone through shoes quite quickly until I tried the Adidas which uses continental rubber on the soles of the sequence and the St. It is very durable and has saved me a good few bob in the long run (excuse the pun!)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I've two pairs of Adidas at the moment. I actually hated both of them for the first 80km but really like them now. I've a ultra boost ST and Supernova Squence 9 I use both for easy runs but the Squence 9 for long runs too. I find the Squence 9 a bit heavy or bulky. I've less then 200km on both so can't comment on durability yet but so far so good. I had a pair of the original ultra boost when they first came out a few years ago, no issues with the uppers but the soles wore very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Have only ran in asics cumulus in the last ten yrs. After reading another thread on here about lighter runners i went in to gotta run in oranmore & got a pair of the Brooks Ghost. Find them grand so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

bluestone wrote: »
    Have only ran in asics cumulus in the last ten yrs. After reading another thread on here about lighter runners i went in to gotta run in oranmore & got a pair of the Brooks Ghost. Find them grand so far.

Brook Ghost arent that light, but if you like them, you should look at brooks launch on sportshoes for 40 euro, they are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For the beach and trails (Phoenix Park & Howth cliffs) I'm using Karrimor Tempo 5's.

And for the road & treadmill I'm using New Balance 680v5's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Has anyone ran in the Nike Zoom Fly? Thoughts?

Has anyone ran in the Nike Zoom Fly? Thoughts?

haven't. but from reviews seems like the carbon-infused nylon plate (as opposed to full carbon plate in zoom 4%) isn't for everyone. divisive opinions - doesn't seem to be very everyone as they are very stiff due to the "carbon-infused" stuff. some love it. most who do seem to be higher level runners e.g. sub 7min mile pace and sub 3hr marathoners. doesn't seem to be for easy running but even some fast runners don't like it. not very light so probably not great for 5k or even maybe 10k. it's a 1/2 marathon to full marathon shoe.
    cushion won't last that long as it's lunarlon which has a short cushion lifespan. (300 miles)

bought some stuff in the lifestyle sports sale as the prices were good.

epic react black / grey. 240g size 9.5(half size up as narrow). seems good so far. the react is a good material for up to 7 min mile pace
    Nike-Epic-React-Flyknit-Black-Dark-Grey-Wolf-Grey-White-Running-Shoes.jpg

pure boost dpr gold/brown. 260g size 9 (true to size which is not the usual for adidas). nice looking shoe. probably needs a torsion system like in the adios to give it more connection between the front and back of the shoe. without that it's a tad slappy. for short runs / casual.
    191301.jpg?X56

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

on the lookout for something new and always swore by brooks adrenaline but @160 euro in elverys!:eek::eek::eek:

low and behold

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/hok225/hoka-clayton-running-shoes/?_ga=2.35179873.1515682600.1529609289-1231911045.1527627456&_gac=1.162081358.1529609294.CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblEsFubcAlo0lzj1l-j9urEcGWAkEFUOIw1UZ1qAifOzxLBon34MpfxoCSx8QAvD_BwE

lovely light shoe with heaps of support and need to get used to the extra arch support for supinators.
    small bit of blistering as a result of being keen to get running in them

very happy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I picked up 2 pairs of NB recently. I bought a pair of Fresh Foam Zante from wiggle for around £50. They seem really nice, fairly light and a good bit of cushion.

Then in TK Maxx I found a pair of NB Borocay. They are a bit heavier and more suited for recovery runs and slower running but for €50 they seem good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Brook Ghost arent that light, but if you like them, you should look at brooks launch on sportshoes for 40 euro, they are great
    Thanks for the heads up, picked up a pair of these last week and they are a very good value addition to the shoe club!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Got a pair of the new Adidas SolarBoost two weeks ago, moving from UltraBoost. Smashing shoe, feels a lot better then the UB. I felt they had way too much cushion, great for someone starting off but moving onwards they werent great. The SB are nice and cushioned but not too much, and the toe box feels a lot better aswell.

Still using the Adidas Adizero Boston for races, smashing runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

just got a pair of kinvara 9's

and this morning spotted a pair of adidas adizero boston 6 for €57 using this site: https://runrepeat.com/ranking/rankings-of-running-shoes

so i just had to buy those, have a pair already and love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I am looking to change shoes, Currently i am in Mizuno Catalyst 2's and on my 3rd pair. But the rumor is they might discontinue the shoe.

So looking at a few options and one is the Nike Pegasus 35 and maybe the Adidas Ultra or Sonic Boost.

Anybody have experience of these shoes for marathon/Training etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Brooks Hyperion (my 3rd pair) in a flash sale.
    Love this shoe, it's not far off a 100%'r.

35972493_10214771789962675_8724809261017726976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=df4df1d5991ecf03bdbb0d51008c56a3&oe=5BEB71E9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Has anybody used Saucony Hurricane? I’ve 4 pairs but as the versions changed I find they have less room in the toe box in the Hurricane 2 and 3. They aren’t as comfortable as the first version. I’m thinking of changing to the Omni or Guide and wondering if anybody has done the same? I need a stability shoe. I tried Brooks adrenaline but found them way too heavy and clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Can anyone recommend a shoe for me. I'm wearing Addidas Supernova Glide 8 (womens) which i love but they haven't lasted very long, less than 300 miles and i feel they've lost their bounce :confused:

Previous shoes i had were Brooks dyads (too heavy), Brooks Glycerin (still wear these for LSRs, they're fine but i don't love them) and Saucony wave rider (never really got used to these).

Was told once upon a time that i supinate but i wear neutral shoes with a decent bit of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Has anybody used Saucony Hurricane? I’ve 4 pairs but as the versions changed I find they have less room in the toe box in the Hurricane 2 and 3. They aren’t as comfortable as the first version. I’m thinking of changing to the Omni or Guide and wondering if anybody has done the same? I need a stability shoe. I tried Brooks adrenaline but found them way too heavy and clunky.

I use the Hurricane, recently got a 3 and found them a bit small so went a bought the 4. Much more room in the toe box of this model. It’s a definite improvement on the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

sibeen99 wrote: »
    I use the Hurricane, recently got a 3 and found them a bit small so went a bought the 4. Much more room in the toe box of this model. It’s a definite improvement on the 3.

That is brilliant to know. I’ll order them so! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Has anyone here the Saucony Liberty ISO? Ivm looking for a uptempo shoe but not a racer with a small bit of stability. Other recommendations welcome guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Picked up a pair of Nike Zoom Elite 9's in a Nike outlet yesterday while on holiday in Florida. $36. $36! Ran in them this morning and I'm in love. Really light, fast, but with some decent cushioning. Read some reviews saying they're ok for marathons, but is that pushing it a bit for a shoe this light?
    Also grabbed a pair of Under Armour Charged Bandit 2's for $39. Reviews seem good so I'll see how they stack up for longer runs. Nice looking shoe though so worst case I'll wear them casually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm on my second pair of Saucony Guide 10's after two pairs of the 9's. Fancy something different and the On Cloudflow looks promising, has anyone any experience with them?

Has anyone here the Saucony Liberty ISO? Ivm looking for a uptempo shoe but not a racer with a small bit of stability. Other recommendations welcome guys.

I'm thinking Nike speed rival 6 now. Cheap enough price tag. Anyone use them? I think they are aimed at the Asian market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

New Balance M1500 are a brilliant shoe. They racers with stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hi folks,

Since last November, I've been running in a pair of Asics Duomax trainers (see below)

Screen%20Shot%202018-07-13%20at%2008.23.07_zpsy7xqfrar.png

They were sold to me as a stability shoe.

All in all, I've done about 550 miles in these since I bought them and with two weeks of my marathon training schedule already completed and one or two races to come, I feel the time to change is fast approaching.

I've had no problems whatsoever and to me, it would kind of make sense to stick with what I know but would not be averse to investing in a 'step up' from what I already have. The guy in the store the other day took a look at my feet and suggested that my previous apparent over-pronation didn't appear to be an issue anymore but he still recommended that I go for a stability shoe.

Obviously, I don't want to be getting this wrong, knowing that I'll be wearing them during the DCM in October.

Can anyone suggest any particular brands that might be a good alternative?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I have gone from Asics to the mizuno wave inspire 14 and have to say I love them, 2 pairs down and about to buy another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My fav recovery shoe at the moment, pity PI pulled out of the running market, but I did pick up 3 pairs for <€100 [EM Road N1 V2]

36800550_10214907138706309_6008197331961249792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f310a9fb51bb3967b6275850aefa58d&oe=5BCE4DAB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    My fav recovery shoe at the moment, pity PI pulled out of the running market, but I did pick up 3 pairs for <€100 [EM Road N1 V2]

36800550_10214907138706309_6008197331961249792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f310a9fb51bb3967b6275850aefa58d&oe=5BCE4DAB

'Recovery shoe'? That's a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

coogy wrote: »

It is when you're the Imelda Marcos of the running-shoe world.

• Advertisement

coogy wrote: »
    I use Nike lunarglide exclusively for my recovery runs :pac:

Advertisement