Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

boccy23 wrote: »
    Right lads. Keeper set has past and three teams didn't set their keepers and 1 only selected 4. We have 6 keepers. The teams with none were Albuquerque Isotopes, Seattle Seamonkeys and Hotballs. Golden Nuggets only selected 4 of.

I have set the top 6 players on each of these rosters with the additional 2 for GN based on the Yahoo rankings, nothing else.

Lads, please look at your rosters and if you don't want any of these, then PM me and I can change until Friday midnight.

Sorry man. I will do this and pass on changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

**** man sorry I'll do this now

leave mine as is I'm happy enough I'm going to be drafting some pitching staff which was how I was going to do it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi All

I have had a couple of requests to change the keepers as selected. I have declined this as it stands as the deadline was clear on the website to all.

Also based on this logic, the teams that hasn't set their keepers will not have a chance to change the 6 I have picked based on Yahoo rankings. The reason for selecting these 6 was to be fair to the integrity of the league and allowing changes now would be unfair.

So unless people have a serious issue with this, the keepers are now set and no changes will be made.

Lads, please look at your rosters and if you don't want any of these, then PM me and I can change until Friday midnight.
    Hi All

I have had a couple of requests to change the keepers as selected. I have declined this as it stands as the deadline was clear on the website to all.

So unless people have a serious issue with this, the keepers are now set and no changes will be made.

Why the sudden change of heart?

I'm sorry I forgot to set the keepers, the date creeped up and me, but isn't this a bit harsh given we havent drafted yet and the season hasn't even started yet?

I thought this league was a bit of fun, what with us going into year 3 with pretty much the same members.

I did want some changes to my keepers. but I'll refrain from asking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Hi All

Also based on this logic, the teams that hasn't set their keepers will not have a chance to change the 6 I have picked based on Yahoo rankings. The reason for selecting these 6 was to be fair to the integrity of the league and allowing changes now would be unfair.

I suppose my question is, Why is the keeper deadline so far before the draft? I honestly wasn't even aware of a deadline for keepers, I've played in fantasy football and the draft is the deadline for setting keepers. Not sure why it is different here.

I actually set my keepers provisionally a couple of weeks ago but had been intending to reassess them this week, and there's a change I want to make. The deadline was not made obvious at any stage, and I still fail to see the reason for having a keeper deadline set so long before the draft happens. In fact it seems that the majority of the league failed to notice the deadline.

• Advertisement

Why the sudden change of heart?

I'm sorry I forgot to set the keepers, the date creeped up and me, but isn't this a bit harsh given we havent drafted yet and the season hasn't even started yet?

I thought this league was a bit of fun, what with us going into year 3 with pretty much the same members.

Agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

fisgon wrote: »
    I actually set my keepers provisionally a couple of weeks ago but had been intending to reassess them this week, and there's a change I want to make. The deadline was not made obvious at any stage, and I still fail to see the reason for having a keeper deadline set so long before the draft happens. In fact it seems that the majority of the league failed to notice the deadline.
    I forgot about the deadline aswell :o I remember the post alright stated it was Paddies weekend but I can see why people forgot it with it been so far ahead of the draft.

I personally don't agree with Yahoos preseason rankings on some players so I guess I can see why others might want to change. I set my keepers when the league was reopened and I'm happy to stick with them. If others need to change 1 or 2, I'm OK with that if it makes the league more competitive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I can see both points of view really and it's a shame that some missed the deadline.

Is it possible to do a compromise as an extenuating circumstance?

I'm thinking the deadline is open again until the end of the week, and every team is entitled to ONE keeper change?

That way the integrity is still there in that people who missed the deadline are stuck with 5 of the 6 set per rankings, but affords them the ability to make the one change that they most wanted had they realised.

As it stands I support the commissioner and will accept his choice (already had mine set so this is no advantage to me), however I agree that it's an amiable league and support fairness.

In my first season in this league you might remember that I accidentally accepted a trade rather than reject on my phone and I really appreciated others vetoing in the interest of fairness.

What would you all think of a deadline for 1 more keeper change?

Edit: I see Coeus already posted similar

8-10 wrote: »

I'm thinking the deadline is open again until the end of the week, and every team is entitled to ONE keeper change?

To me this seems fair.

Strictly speaking Boccy is right, the date was set in mid February, and it is on the league homepage.

In practice though, when a deadline is arbitrary like that, and a whole week before the draft, people need to be reminded of the date at least a week before, by email, or with a post on the thread. Especially outside of the season, when people have busy lives and other things on their minds.

This can be seen by the fact that only a minority of members actually remembered the deadline. If this is supposed to be fun then it would seem to me the only fair thing is to extend the keepers deadline.

fisgon wrote: »

Strictly speaking Boccy is right, the date was set in mid February, and it is on the league homepage.

I do agree with this. I just want a bit of leniency.
    Apologies if we come across as harsh boccy.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads

Offline for the morning, so I didn't get a chance to chime in.

The post from last night was to try and bring a level playing pitch to all. If we are to allow 1 change, multiple changes or none, then I am totaly on board with this. As I say, it is simply to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities.

And it is definitely a fun thing for me as well. Even the Commissioner thing!

At this stage I have set the keepers and a full opening up of this would create a lot of work that I have already done. If it was ok with everyone, 1 change by Friday seems to be the best compromise.

Hi Lads

Due to the US being only 4 hours behind us at the moment, the draft time for Sunday is now set for 9Pm instead of 10PM.

Do people want to stay with 10PM on next Sunday, the 24th?

I'm ok for 9.

If people need to go 10 , Im ok withn that too.

9 suits me better. I say go with it unless there are massive objections.

I'm good with 9 aswell but 10 is no problem either. Happy to go with the majority...

As 1 has expressed a preference for 9PM and the rest are unaffected, then let 9PM be the default time at the moment.

So unless we have a major move against 9PM, then the draft will be Sunday 24th March @ 9PM.

I was checking out the non-keeper league this morning and noticed that Yahoo have added NA position as a roster slot. Yahoo says the "NA" position will allow you to place players there, rather than using a bench slot. This is especially useful for leagues that want to hold onto minor league players.

Any thoughts on this for the keeper league? As I posted on the non-keeper thread out I like the idea. I like it more for keeper leagues...

Seems like a great idea. How do we know when we draft if a player is N/A?

Like, during the season you know because the player has an N/A against them but around draft time, they mightn't have the N\A against their name?

I certainly havent noticed in a draft room before the player having an N/A! But I could be wrong.

Seems like a great idea. How do we know when we draft if a player is N/A?

Like, during the season you know because the player has an N/A against them but around draft time, they mightn't have the N\A against their name?

I certainly havent noticed in a draft room before the player having an N/A! But I could be wrong.
    Basically players who have been assigned to their minor leagues teams already or players without a team should have NA against their name if Yahoo are keeping their status up to date. Trevor Bauer was optioned to the indians triple-A team during the week and he is NA beside his name. I'm not sure if this status is displayed in the draft client though. We'll find out tonight.

Ok. I have assigned one N/A player as part of the roster. Lets try it and see.

• Advertisement

It's possible to drag that player to N/A already.
    No need to wait until the season starts, like the DL.

dont ask me why but i thought the draft was this thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I (Seattle Seamonkeys) have far too many catchers

so if anyone wants to suggest a trade I'm all ears

I'm having a disaster with closers. Stupidly drafted Axford and Marmol both of whom try their hardest not to close games. Shifted both out for their understudies. Pick them up if you like. They'll break your heart.

Also if anyone wants Halladay....

finally got an hour to sit down today and mess with my team and look up to see how opening week went. Bit late to the party but the love for this is back a million fold

First trade completed. Delighted. I think it was very fair. Has everybody updated their trading blocks? Going to do that myself now as I still want to tweak a little.

How's the season going guys?

In this league, not too good, no matchup wins yet :(

Bad start from Trout kinda shows how much he carried my team last year. Melky was a draft bust aswell, was kind of a punt as I saw value (he was good in spring) where I selected him but he obviously aint the same player when he is not on the juice. Think my pitching should be OK now that I sorted out who I want to keep.

I feel I've been tinkering way too much. Happy enough with my roster now though I think.

Weak point is 1st base. If anyone needs a SS and wants to offer a fair trade for Rollins I think that would help me out. Im happy playing Segura everyday instead of him. Eric Hosmer has been a disaster.

Actually might look through the teams and may throw some trade offers around

• Advertisement

Also can't remember did we have a rule on how many years you can keep the same player for? I know we have it in my work league but wasn't sure here?

Advertisement