Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'd say you picked up Norris after the first game across the league started so the pick-up only kicked on the following day. The roster that appears is the next day so you've actually only picked up after the start. It's difficult to spot if you're paying attention and I've done it a couple of times this year. Generally though I've been glad it's happened!!!

Can I ask about the keepers? My top three keepers are McCutcheon, Fielder, King Felix all of whom were picked up at the start of Year 1. No issue there. They go back in. However I assume if I keep any other three I will lose my first three picks even if they're not first three round value. Am I right there? If so, I have to throw everyone into the pot or try to arrange some trades over the next day to get some first or second round value into my team. Am I understanding this correctly? Will this not simply mean that everybody who cannot hold onto a first rounder will keep no one? I'm confused!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

While I am out of the play off running, the run in itself is very exciting.

Henry, Homers and Dodgers having a real battle, partcilar H+H.

Judean People's Front look to have wrapped up 4th...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭boccy23

Was challenging JPP for a while but have had a brutal couple of weeks to blow this apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭8-10

boccy23 wrote: »
    Was challenging JPP for a while but have had a brutal couple of weeks to blow this apart.

I'm just glad that I eventually got enough players fit to start. This week is interesting as it could be the 1st playoff game if I hang on the 4th!

Playoffs have a very familiar feel to them this year! Only 1 of the matchups is different as 7 of the top 8 finished in exactly the same position as 2012!!!

2012:
    1. Homer's Homers
    2. Henry Le Cheat
    3. Artful Dodgers
    4. Judean Peoples Front
    5. Albuquerque Isotopes
    6. K Kings
    7. Hotballs
    8. Seattle Seamonkeys

2013:
    1. Homer's Homers
    2. Henry Le Cheat
    3. Artful Dodgers
    4. Judean Peoples Front
    5. Albuquerque Isotopes
    6. K Kings
    7. Tolka Drakes
    8. Seattle Seamonkeys

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

8-10 wrote: »
    Playoffs have a very familiar feel to them this year! Only 1 of the matchups is different as 7 of the top 8 finished in exactly the same position as 2012!!!
    Wow that crazy considering how close some of the finishing positions were :)

Best of luck to all in the playoffs!

The connection to last year continues.

Day 1 of the play offs and Henry/ Coeus blows me out of the water. Currently 10-0 down.

There's always 2014!:)

The connection to last year continues.

Day 1 of the play offs and Henry/ Coeus blows me out of the water. Currently 10-0 down.

There's always 2014!:)

Don't think I'll be repeating my 2012 heroics against the league winner.

Made a huge schoolboy error in setting up my team and benched Cliff Lee on Monday. I knew in the back of my head that I needed to do it but got a bit tipsy (very) watching the Liverpool v Swansea game and fell asleep after without making the change.

Lee struck out 14 and got a win. :(

I think I'll be losing it on batting anyway but that really irritated me.

I have just done the same with Madison Bumgarner. A win, 10 K's and huge ERA and WHIP benefits. On the Bench.

:(

I have just done the same with Madison Bumgarner. A win, 10 K's and huge ERA and WHIP benefits. On the Bench.

:(
    Yea, just seen that...was surprised as it is the playoffs. I have been caught out by early games before so I try to set my line-ups in the morning in case I forget. Still plenty for to play for with the matchup tied...

• Advertisement

Benching Cliff Lee made no difference, got obliterated in K's and wins. Congrats to Homers Homers!!

Are we final on the decision to not keep players over 3 years? If so then I can drop Lee now for someone in playoffs to pick up before his start at the end of this week?

But I don't want to drop him if it's not determined yet

Nothing has been finalised. My feeling is that we wont enforce this. It's probably too hard to enforce, so my feeling is that it will be the best players irrespective of how long you have had them. But as I say, that's yet to be fully determined.

Well done to Henry. Bumgarner would have got me another point but no odds either way.

16 RBI all week. Absolutely awful. Nobody hit a ball - almost literally. The team never recovered from losing Nelson Cruz to be honest and I wasn't able to replace Mauer, Kendrick and a couple of others adequately. All my major issues were with batting this year.

Still, it was good while it lasted! Best of luck to Homers and Henry.

I'm actually all for throwing everyone into the mix again or reducing the numbers of keepers to a couple for next year. It would hopefully shake up the league a wee bit if nothing else and spread out the talent pool across the teams a bit further.

Congrats to Homers on a hard fought victory!!

A strike here or an earned run there could have turned the match in my favour but it was a great matchup and went to down to the final games of the season as it should :)

Coeus wrote: »

A strike here or an earned run there could have turned the match in my favour but it was a great matchup and went to down to the final games of the season as it should :)

Really good matchup, was checking in everyday myself. Congrats to Homer's!

Congrats to Homer's. Incredible that it can come down to 1 strike or 1 hit at the end of 26 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Coeus wrote: »

Thanks, it was a great final. I picked up two pitchers in desperation on the final Sunday, and they got me two wins and a handful of Ks. Ended up winning strikeouts 101-100. There really was just a pitch or a hit in it.

This was the first year I actually had a win in the playoffs, after being in them the last three years.

fisgon wrote: »
    Thanks, it was a great final. I picked up two pitchers in desperation on the final Sunday, and they got me two wins and a handful of Ks. Ended up winning strikeouts 101-100. There really was just a pitch or a hit in it.

This was the first year I actually had a win in the playoffs, after being in them the last three years.
    Yea, Ubaldo (of all people) was a great pick! Was gonna pick him up Saturday night myself but I had 3 starters already so I was going to leave my last move for a bat to fill in for Miggy. When Gio got pulled from his start I had to use the move to pick up a pitcher to match your 3 starters. I was actually gonna go with Alvarez but I went Quintana mainly because I thought Ks might be tight and he was more likely to get a few. The rest as they say is history...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Yahoo back open Thursday. Do we need to revisit members and see who's up for it this year?

Yahoo back open Thursday. Do we need to revisit members and see who's up for it this year?

I'm in

• Advertisement

I'm in too

Already, looks like they are starting it up a bit earlier this year then! Anyhow I'm in.

Hi Guys

Just noticed this.

I am going to have to officially retire both as Commissioner of the Keeper League and also from the league.

Work and family commitments mean that I've nowhere near the time needed to give it the attention that it deserves.

If someone volunteers for the commissioner role PM me and I'll change it.

I have assigned the Commissioner status to Bit of Red72.

Best of luck Joe.

Hi folks,

New Commish here. Just a quick note. Four teams haven't confirmed this year on Yahoo yet - Seattle Seamonkeys, Homers Homers, Henry le Cheat and Hotballs. I figure two are definitely back in but would ye all come back either way to let me know if you're in or not? Cheers, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Would be interested in joining if there's space lads.

Run the other keeper league and played in the non-keeper league last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

I would be interested in joining too if there is space. Was in the other keeper league last year and always stay active throughout the year..

Lads,
    I'm going to offer Kinda32 and BigBadRob the two spots in the league currently held by Seattle Seamonkeys and Hotballs. Would you two lads PM me with your email addresses and I'll happily extend the invite to you?

Does anyone have any view on keepers? The same few teams have led the league for the last couple of years. Is there a case for reducing the number of keepers for this year or starting from scratch? I don't have a strong view either way.

We could go back as well to last year's plan of anyone who's had keepers since year 1 would throw them back in the pot. All views welcome.

Does anyone have any view on keepers? The same few teams have led the league for the last couple of years. Is there a case for reducing the number of keepers for this year or starting from scratch? I don't have a strong view either way.

We could go back as well to last year's plan of anyone who's had keepers since year 1 would throw them back in the pot. All views welcome.
    I prefer to stand pat on the keepers. I only have 2 from the first season anyway both of whom I got via trade so I don't have anyone I drafted in year 1. I'm open to reducing the number (by 1 or 2) this season if the guys coming in think the teams they are taking over don't have the depth in players worth keeping. That can all be discussed once the league is set...

I think reducing the number of transactions a week would probably have a bigger affect on the top of the league than keepers. I think going back to the default of 6 or maybe even 4 would mean manager wouldn't be able to be as active :)

Do we need to find someone to take over Boccy's team aswell, I thought he was out from his post above?

• Advertisement

I would be in favour of reducing keepers to 4 (even though I have 6 definites right now it might be fairer overall to the new guys).

Also in favour of reducing weekly adds

And, if possible, either removing HLDs as a category or else 2 extra RP slots for each roster as it's honestly not a competitive category each week.

Advertisement