Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

fisgon wrote: »
    Interesting week this one, some great matchups. No blowouts at all, lot of 6-6, 7-5, 6-4 scorelines so far. Still all to play for in my matchup with Hotballs, over and back all week. Still seven or eight categories up for grabs.
    If ever I needed a week of tight matchups its this week. Hammy is still tearing it up, he has only gone and hit another 3 homers since my last post. He has as many HRs this week as my team :eek: Hopefully my pitching holds up and I can get out with a tie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I picked up SP Derek Lowe for today, he pitched nine scoreless innings, fantastic for my ERA, got the win and all. All with the grand total of zero Ks. No strikeouts at all in nine innings. Never seen that before.

I picked up SP Derek Lowe for today, he pitched nine scoreless innings, fantastic for my ERA, got the win and all. All with the grand total of zero Ks. No strikeouts at all in nine innings. Never seen that before.
    Thats proabably because there hasn't been one in 10 years....
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/derek-lowe-becomes-first-pitcher-to-throw-a-shutout-without-a-strikeout-since-2002/

Lowe is a sinkerball pitcher so will have alot of groundouts if a batter makes contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

The stats said somthing like, of the 130 odd pitches he threw, around 115 were sinkers.

that's crazy, everyone knew what was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

This year injuries are killing me. Had been hanging on to Carpenter on the DL slot but with Longo going our for so long, I had to jettison him. Had Chris Young out for a month riding the bench. He's just back and now Bonafaccio has hurt his thumb and he's DLed.

And that's to say nothing of Matt Kemp and his dodgy hamstring. 1 DL spot and 3 BN spots makes this league tough.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    This year injuries are killing me. Had been hanging on to Carpenter on the DL slot but with Longo going our for so long, I had to jettison him. Had Chris Young out for a month riding the bench. He's just back and now Bonafaccio has hurt his thumb and he's DLed.

And that's to say nothing of Matt Kemp and his dodgy hamstring. 1 DL spot and 3 BN spots makes this league tough.
    I've been pretty lucky in avoiding injuries this season until last Monday when both David Ortiz and Joey Bats injured themselves. Bats was straight on the DL and Ortiz has just landed there. I knew Bats swinging like a lunatic in the home run deby would have is consequences :( I guess its better these guys go down now rather than in playoffs...

It's getting pretty interesting in the playoff race, third, fourth, fifth and sixth are separated by literally one game. I'm in first but am slumping big time, and have just lost Votto. A competitive last eight weeks ahead.

It's getting pretty interesting in the playoff race, third, fourth, fifth and sixth are separated by literally one game. I'm in first but am slumping big time, and have just lost Votto. A competitive last eight weeks ahead.
    Yea, I seen you had Votto. These 3 injured players are not replaceable without trading so I see the pack reeling us...

It is getting interesting in terms of the final playoff spots. My team is finally getting back healthy.

My team is crashing and burning, just not producing.
    Also reading mixed reports on Tulo and if he will even make it back this season.
    Some say August, others say he is done..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My team is crashing and burning, just not producing.
    Also reading mixed reports on Tulo and if he will even make it back this season.
    Some say August, others say he is done..

I'm starting to suffer from lack of power. A lot of my batting lineup are very average, no standout hitters at all. Anyone need saves?

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm starting to suffer from lack of power. A lot of my batting lineup are very average, no standout hitters at all. Anyone need saves?
    I could do with a few. Are Johnson or Motte available?

Saves also available.
    looking for Power or SP....

Coeus wrote: »

Either, not both, for HR or RBI

Coeus wrote: »

I'm giving a lot of thought to the proposed trade, which is a very fair offer.

My main train of thought is how can I incorporate him into my lineup; it will be at the expense of another OF (both my Utils are also OF), and will his production be above the replaced player by enough points to warrant the drop in Saves and elimination of a good ERA....

Still mulling it over!

I'm giving a lot of thought to the proposed trade, which is a very fair offer.

My main train of thought is how can I incorporate him into my lineup; it will be at the expense of another OF (both my Utils are also OF), and will his production be above the replaced player by enough points to warrant the drop in Saves and elimination of a good ERA....

Still mulling it over!
    Yea, I didnt realise you had so many OFs. Pity he isn't a shortstop :)

Looks like Pence is getting dealt in real life too!
    some spurces say its a done deal, others remaining cautious.

Looks like Pence is getting dealt in real life too!
    some spurces say its a done deal, others remaining cautious.
    Looks like a deal is in place with the Giants for a catching prospect, maybe more. I guess like all deals it needs approval by all parties...

I have 2 sets of pitchers pitching against each other tonight. It's normally rare I'd have 2 pitch the same night, I have 5 of my 6 all starting today!

Not sure I like having them matchup against each other but I do need them to pitch innings

Great battle this week, was 12-0 behind yesterday but looks like I've clawed back 2 or 3 points. Well and truely beaten by a very good team who will go top this week I think.

Looking at next week's team, if that was this week I'd have been winning 6-4 right now! How different it can be. All good fun though

• Advertisement

Feeling the pinch of Tulo (long term) , Panda, Lawrie and Konerko on DL.
    Production is well down.
    Pitching has improved a bit though, which usually lets me down!
    Swings and roundabouts!

Always think I am doing ok and then the kiler 2 weeks schedule of playing Homer's Homers and Henry Le Cheat back-to-back.
    Always the toughest weeks. :D

not sure if people have noticed that the pitching stats from last night, Thursday the 16th, haven't been included in games in our keeper league on Yahoo. I assume that this will be rectified at some stage, but just to keep an eye on it. I had two wins yesterday, and a rake of strikeouts, that I haven't been credited with yet.
    Hitting stats, however, seem to be fine.

not sure if people have noticed that the pitching stats from last night, Thursday the 16th, haven't been included in games in our keeper league on Yahoo. I assume that this will be rectified at some stage, but just to keep an eye on it. I had two wins yesterday, and a rake of strikeouts, that I haven't been credited with yet.
    Hitting stats, however, seem to be fine.
    They were there this morning when I checked on my way to work. No pitching stats looks to be across all leagues in Yahoo so I'm sure it will be fixed. It better be as I had good pitching stat lines in both this and the non-keeper leagues...

Getting real interesting now with 2 weeks until playoffs.

Thought I was out of it after last weeks performance. Then had a great week and now, you'd never know.

Always think I am doing ok and then the kiler 2 weeks schedule of playing Homer's Homers and Henry Le Cheat back-to-back.
    Always the toughest weeks. :D

This is what I am experiencing in the run into the play offs!!

Well done to the playoff qualifiers.

Looking back, two the same from last year, figson (Homers Homers) and Coeus (Henry le Cheat) and two new ones, 8-10 (Judean Peoples Front) and bit of red 72 (artful dodgers).

Best of luck to all.

Well done to the playoff qualifiers.

Looking back, two the same from last year, figson (Homers Homers) and Coeus (Henry le Cheat) and two new ones, 8-10 (Judean Peoples Front) and bit of red 72 (artful dodgers).

Best of luck to all.
    It's been hard work to get to these playoffs but glad to make it. I'm up against tough opponents, Im behind in t tiebreak against all 3 teams in t semis so its gonna be tough to repeat...

I'm very lucky to have made the playoffs. My Yahoo account is linked to my Facebook and I was locked out of my FB for most of last week (think Tuesday - Sunday) so was unable to even check my team, let alone tinker. Left some good pitchers on the bench.

So very grateful to be in the mix. Very tough matchup now but enjoying the challenge and hoping to run it close by the end of it. Good luck all!

• Advertisement

I'm very lucky to have made the playoffs. My Yahoo account is linked to my Facebook and I was locked out of my FB for most of last week (think Tuesday - Sunday) so was unable to even check my team, let alone tinker. Left some good pitchers on the bench.

So very grateful to be in the mix. Very tough matchup now but enjoying the challenge and hoping to run it close by the end of it. Good luck all!
    Ah, was wondering why you left Lee and Verlander on the bench. Even without those guys you beat me in most categories...

Advertisement