Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

8-10 wrote: »
    I would be in favour of reducing keepers to 4 (even though I have 6 definites right now it might be fairer overall to the new guys).

Also in favour of reducing weekly adds

And, if possible, either removing HLDs as a category or else 2 extra RP slots for each roster as it's honestly not a competitive category each week.

With regards to HLDS, though I like it as a category, I agree it was a low scoring category.

1) Didn't Yahoo introduce Saves+Holds = SLDS last year?
    I would be in favour of that but not majorly pushed tbh!
    I just like to see the depth of pitchers used!

2) In favour of reduced keepers

3) In favour of reduced acquisitions per week as well

4) Would prefer to go to 2 Catchers per team.

5) In favour of 10 - 12 teams. I'm sure there are some competitive players in the other league that would like to buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yep agreed, but hopefully there's a way to get representative concensus from the whole league as I'm sure a few don't look at this thread in Feb.

I think the whole lower acquisitions, more teams, 2 catcher suggestions means there's a feeling that the league is too shallow, which is probably correct. The free agent pool is normally pretty good.

I think increased rosters or more teams could help. 2 catchers is a good idea. And save+holds would be fine as a category. I just want incentive to have more than 1 non-closing RP as a lot of times last year it was a 1-0 category

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Some good suggestions above lads.
    Just looking over the rules now.

How do you guys decide on rule changes, is there a league vote?

Main point of mine would be that I would prefer a Live draft to autopick.

Liked what was done in the yearly league, with minor league spots, if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi Lads

If the numbers are odd, then I'll pull out. If the teams end up even with me signed up (as i currently am), then I'll play again.

Hope that helps.

Boccy

Some good suggestions above lads.
    Just looking over the rules now.

How do you guys decide on rule changes, is there a league vote?

Main point of mine would be that I would prefer a Live draft to autopick.

Liked what was done in the yearly league, with minor league spots, if that's possible.

Draft was always Live so that should stay the same without voting, maybe it defaults to auto-pick?

On the rest I'm happy to vote, I think it's fair. can even be done by email

• Advertisement

Draft was always Live so that should stay the same without voting, maybe it defaults to auto-pick?
    Ah cool, cheers
    On the rest I'm happy to vote, I think it's fair. can even be done by email

If there's a few changes being considered, I could set up a poll.
    Did something similar when set up the other keeper league.

http://www.surveytool.com/s/SB292AF116
    (just an example of types of questions)

Happy to do it if you guys think it would be worthwhile

If there's a few changes being considered, I could set up a poll.
    Did something similar when set up the other keeper league.

http://www.surveytool.com/s/SB292AF116
    (just an example of types of questions)

Someone actually completed the poll, was just putting it up there as an example of what can be done if we wanted to poll the members for league rules/changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Someone actually completed the poll, was just putting it up there as an example of what can be done if we wanted to poll the members for league rules/changes.
    Oops...that was me...kinda clicked the link before I read the post :o

For me most of the settings is fine, maybe add a few NA spots so we can carry prospects :)

On the categories side of things, one thing I brought up last season was to change wins to quality starts which will give the better SPs a bit more value. I'm happy to keep holds, we can increase the number of RPs if that allows managers to carry a few setup guys. I was thinking maybe OBP to OPS aswell to add a bit more separation between AVE and OBP.

Coeus wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe OBP to OPS aswell to add a bit more separation between AVE and OBP.

One good way to separate average from OBP is what we do in the yearly league, and walks is a separate category.
    That way two very different skills are completely separate

One good way to separate average from OBP is what we do in the yearly league, and walks is a separate category.
    That way two very different skills are completely separate
    Yes that could work. I'd be in favour of that change.

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes that could work. I'd be in favour of that change.

Works for me too

Tried to put together a poll based on the discussions going on here for the last while.

http://www.surveytool.com/s/S1CAAD3020

Let me know what you think lads and we can make any necessary changes before people start answering so it covers everything that needs to be addressed.

Tried to put together a poll based on the discussions going on here for the last while.

Let me know what you think lads and we can make any necessary changes before people start answering so it covers everything that needs to be addressed.

Gave it a bash, thanks for setting it up. Can you email the members with the link so those who don't check here regularly get to vote?

Gave it a bash, thanks for setting it up. Can you email the members with the link so those who don't check here regularly get to vote?

Emailed the league, looking forward to having this stuff finalised so can start trading!

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭boccy23

Done as well.

We are one short of an even number as it stands.

Do we try and add another?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Apologies folks. I was waiting on Kinda32's PM to finalize the tenth member but it hasn't arrived. There's 9 in the league including Boccy who hopefully will stay. If anyone else wants to join just PM with their email address and the final team is theirs.

I've just filled out the survey - many thanks Rob.

6 responses so far:
    8-10
    Coeus
    BigBadRob83
    smackbunnybaby
    boccy23
    bit of red72

I've sent a PM about my mate possibly taking over the remaining team (is it hot balls team?)

It is the HotBalls team which I think has some solid keepers.

• Advertisement

Time is moving on.

How does a draft date of Wednesday 19th March at 2100 GMT work for all?

Let me know..

It is the HotBalls team which I think has some solid keepers.
    Agree. Pity about Harvey though...keeper decision to be made there!
    Time is moving on.

How does a draft date of Wednesday 19th March at 2100 GMT work for all?

Let me know..
    Date and time is good for me. We'll try and have the non-keeper draft a different night that week,

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

apologies, have been away for a couple of weeks and only received this pm now. will still play if space is open.

Is there a list somewhere of who is in charge of which team?

In the NFL Dynasty league was on front page of the league with Boards usernames, very handy for trade talk, etc.

Can send reminders then to other owners then who haven't completed the poll

Has everyone voted on the Survey?
    We will probably need to get thos keepers selected soon.

@BigBadRob83: Good idea on listing username+team name

I'll kick it off with a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

Beechwood -- Major League Baseball took a first step toward returning to the city of Beechwood with Thursday's announcement that Smackbunnybaby Entertainment has acquired the Albuquerque Isotopes, subject to an approval process by the MLB Board of Governors that will unfold in March.

Smackbunnybaby Entertainment Chairman Smack Baby made the announcement, accompanied on the podium by prospective new owner Smack Bunny Baby.

"Today, on behalf of my family and our entire organization, I am excited beyond words to announce our purchase of the Albuquerque Isotopes," Baby said. "In a sense, I guess you can say Smackbunnybaby Entertainment, our city and our province has received the call we've long since been waiting for."

Smackbunnybaby - Beechwood Badgers

I just mailed the league again with the survey link. Hopefully that should do the trick. I don't have a mail address for all teams as some teams have their address hidden.

Kinda32, I just mailed you an invite for the last place.

Delighted to welcome the new Badgers franchise to the league!

6 responses so far:
    8-10
    Coeus
    BigBadRob83
    smackbunnybaby
    boccy23
    bit of red72

Still no more respondents since this

Still no more respondents since this

Set a deadline on it. Ideally we have input from everybody but if there's reasonable attempts made to get responses within a decent timeframe and people aren't doing the survey, then I think there's not much else you can do. 6/10 is at least a majority so I'd give the other 4 a date after which the poll is closed, sound fair to everybody?

Set a deadline on it. Ideally we have input from everybody but if there's reasonable attempts made to get responses within a decent timeframe and people aren't doing the survey, then I think there's not much else you can do. 6/10 is at least a majority so I'd give the other 4 a date after which the poll is closed, sound fair to everybody?
    Yea, thats sounds good, changes wont be big anyway. Maybe a category change, a change in rosters composition/numbers and the numbers of keepers to be decided for this season. Good to see all teams in so we are good to draft :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just completed survey.

Date of draft is good for me, but I can't make 9pm, any chance we could move it back 30 minutes? 9.30 is no problem, but 9 is impossible.

Advertisement