Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

It's all unravelling. Two nights of dreadful pitching, anaemic batting and now 10-2 down in the semi-final. I knew things were bad when I was picking up Villaneuva - I swore I would never play him again earlier in the year. He was 4th/5th ranked pitcher on the ESPN daily notes - I should have known better.

Still two days left - hope springs eternal! (Not really):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

It's all unravelling. Two nights of dreadful pitching, anaemic batting and now 10-2 down in the semi-final. I knew things were bad when I was picking up Villaneuva - I swore I would never play him again earlier in the year. He was 4th/5th ranked pitcher on the ESPN daily notes - I should have known better.

Still two days left - hope springs eternal! (Not really):)
    Its closer than the score suggests and there is still plenty to play for. You only need to turn 4 cats to get to a tie and win the matchup. I think the pitching cats will be split so it will come down to whose bats go the best over the weekend...

I think it'll require your lads to drop quite a bit as well. Your pitchers in particular have been very solid all week.

You were well ahead in regular play so it's a bit odd that it's the head to head angle that would decide the match up if that unlikely scenario emerges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It really is squeaky bum time. In our league this year I'm ranked dead last in HRs, RBIs, Holds and ERA! So to still be in the mix at this stage is pretty jammy! Exciting end to this week. Halladay had a shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

8-10 wrote: »
    It really is squeaky bum time. In our league this year I'm ranked dead last in HRs, RBIs, Holds and ERA! So to still be in the mix at this stage is pretty jammy! Exciting end to this week. Halladay had a shocker

We're now 6-6. This may change, it could go either way though I reckon you're still favourite. How do we tell who wins if it ends all square? What's the tiebreak?

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    I'm very lucky to have made the playoffs. My Yahoo account is linked to my Facebook and I was locked out of my FB for most of last week (think Tuesday - Sunday) so was unable to even check my team, let alone tinker. Left some good pitchers on the bench.

So very grateful to be in the mix. Very tough matchup now but enjoying the challenge and hoping to run it close by the end of it. Good luck all!
    Ah, was wondering why you left Lee and Verlander on the bench. Even without those guys you beat me in most categories...

Well you have a good chance at revenge now! You would have taken the majority of categories if we met in the semi but I had a few lucky breaks against Homer's Homers (who was awesome all season to be fair) and delighted to be in the final.

May the best team win!

Well you have a good chance at revenge now! You would have taken the majority of categories if we met in the semi but I had a few lucky breaks against Homer's Homers (who was awesome all season to be fair) and delighted to be in the final.

May the best team win!
    Indeed, you have a slight advantage in having the season tie-break over me.

I'm not off to best start this week but there is a long way go yet.

Looks like the matchup is going down to the wire and can go either way tonight. There is nothing in Runs, OBP and Wins so thats where it will be won or lost. Should be an interesting evening/night :)

Looks like the matchup is going down to the wire and can go either way tonight. There is nothing in Runs, OBP and Wins so thats where it will be won or lost. Should be an interesting evening/night :)

And you take it 5-4! Congratulations. Amazing we finished level in runs, RBIs and wins. Was a great final matchup really.

And you take it 5-4! Congratulations. Amazing we finished level in runs, RBIs and wins. Was a great final matchup really.
    Thanks! It was a great matchup, I really had to work the waiver line to catchup over the last few days.

It was as close as it could have been for me to win. If you had won any of those tied categories you would have won on a tie-break. You are unlucky really. If the Rangers hadn't been a mess defensively yesterday I wouldn't have tied you in runs and RBIs those categories.

• Advertisement

Yahoo fantasy baseball is open for business :)

Are we back up and running for this year?

I tried to use the link from last year but it won't let me in. Do we need another invitation?

fisgon wrote: »
    I tried to use the link from last year but it won't let me in. Do we need another invitation?
    The league is reactivated yet as I just see the last years league archive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

League is now reactivtaed. Email invitation should be sent to all.

9 out of 10 signed up. Just waiting on Hot Balls.

The dates are moveable and we can discuss later what time suits all.

We had 6 Keepers last year costing each person their first 6 picks, i.e. not losing the 14th round for a draft pick made last year. We will run the same again. Keepers have to set by March 17th, easy for Irish people to remember.

boccy23 wrote: »
    9 out of 10 signed up. Just waiting on Hot Balls.

The dates are moveable and we can discuss later what time suits all.

We had 6 Keepers last year costing each person their first 6 picks, i.e. not losing the 14th round for a draft pick made last year. We will run the same again. Keepers have to set by March 17th, easy for Irish people to remember.

Are we drafting based on last year's finishing positions again? I think it's fair.

Yes. Reverse positions.

Last years finishing positions were:

10th Tolka Drakes
    9th Golden Nuggets
    8th Seattle Monkeys
    7th K Kings
    6th Hot Balls
    5th Albuquerque Isotopes
    4th Homers Homer
    3rd Artful Dodgers
    2nd Judean Peoples Front
    1st Henry Le Cheat II

So draft order will be as above, i.e. Tolka 1st, Nuggets 2nd etc. etc.

It is a standard snake draft after that.

Yes. Reverse positions.

10th Tolka Drakes
    9th Golden Nuggets
    8th Seattle Monkeys
    7th K Kings
    6th Hot Balls
    5th Albuquerque Isotopes
    4th Homers Homer
    3rd Artful Dodgers
    2nd Judean Peoples Front
    1st Henry Le Cheat II

Great stuff! I plan on winning this year. Be afraid.

You were stacked on pitching last year AFAIR. So a good chance to go 1 better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

damn you 8-10 I was just about to say I planned on winning

You were stacked on pitching last year AFAIR. So a good chance to go 1 better.

Another word to use might be lopsided! Got lucky once I got to the playoffs, wasn't offensive enough during the season to be consistent. Will be keeping 4 pitchers this time around as I don't have the batting quality to justify keeping more than 2 of them so still need to draft well and maybe give up an arm for a bat early on if there's a willing trade.

Looking forward to it anyway, good competitive league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

alright i'm all re registered just looking at my team again I dont know who to keep already. So it begins :mad:

Yes. Reverse positions.

10th Tolka Drakes
    9th Golden Nuggets
    8th Seattle Monkeys
    7th K Kings
    6th Hot Balls
    5th Albuquerque Isotopes
    4th Homers Homer
    3rd Artful Dodgers
    2nd Judean Peoples Front
    1st Henry Le Cheat II

Draft order is fine by me. Have the keepers set already in case I miss the deadline. Of course things may change as spring training and WBC progress. Looking forward to it :)

I see that the draft is now set for Sunday March 24th, at 10pm. Is this now fixed? It suits me fine if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'm grand as well

I'd prefer a weekday to be honest but that's just a preference thing, I can make the Sunday night. :)

Draft day and time is fine with me :)

We'll continue with aiming at 10PM on Sunday the 24th. If there are more who wish for change, then we can look at it again.

• Advertisement

Right lads. Keeper set has past and three teams didn't set their keepers and 1 only selected 4. We have 6 keepers. The teams with none were Albuquerque Isotopes, Seattle Seamonkeys and Hotballs. Golden Nuggets only selected 4 of.

I have set the top 6 players on each of these rosters with the additional 2 for GN based on the Yahoo rankings, nothing else.

Lads, please look at your rosters and if you don't want any of these, then PM me and I can change until Friday midnight.

Advertisement