Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Not going to chase BofI now - may regret that - but, it’s humming.

D.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Why is it over sold and why would you even want to own this bank considering there are better banks out there?
    Dinarius wrote: »
    Not going to chase BofI now - may regret that - but, it’s humming.

D.

No answers then. Too much listening to the talking heads and not enough critical analysis....

Jim2007 wrote: »
    No answers then. Too much listening to the talking heads and not enough critical analysis....

If you want answers, ask a stockbroker.

I’m strictly technical.

D.

A very wild day. Lots of profit taking late on. Support around €5.10. Though that’s quite a bit below today’s close. But, today’s fall was on chunky volume.

We shall see.

D.

Broke through recent support of €5.12/5.13 to close down 5%+ on pretty solid volume.

Brexit can’t be helping.

Would be tempted near the recent €4.80 low.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'll buy more if it drops below 5 again to bring down my BEP. It's over 7 at the moment as I've had mine a while now. Can hold long term but would really like to bring down my BEP massively. Hopefully around 5.20 if I can pick up enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

It will break the lows of 4.80.

beaner92 wrote: »

Interesting point. That’s a five year low, which has been tested twice. The first time was almost five years ago.

No indication of where the bottom is if it breaks it.

Everything is Brexit- dependent at the moment. Company fundamentals don’t have a lot to do with it. It’s pure sentiment.

When the Brexit dust settles, there will be a huge move either way, depending on how it’s perceived.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Katawalah

Below 5€ again today.

Katawalah wrote: »
    Below 5€ again today.

Degiro graph has it as hitting 4.80 this morning.

• Advertisement

The news was bad. Lots of uncertainty remaining.

No idea as to how long restructuring will take.

Spokesman on RTÉ was hugely unconvincing.

If it breaks below €4.80, we’re in new territory.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Strange that they are increasing dividends even though the profits are down.

Almost like they are saying -we don't know what to do with the cash we have.

personally i'd rather they held the cash in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

beaner92 wrote: »

who wants to join my signals group :P . 999.99 per year.

past performance is not indicative of future results.

jk

i do like boi for a BUY if we see a good weekly close above 5.50 on solid volume! otherwise lookout below.

Another reason I would like this for a short term buy (6months hold ) is retail hears DIVIDEND and will flock to buy with the 10k stashed in their savings .
    However i think its a bank Pump and dump after 1 year when the stock is up 25% insiders will dump their bags on unsuspecting retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

PTSB announced "transformative" results todsy for 2018. Should boost BOI abit... showing recovering market for Irish banks.

PTSB -3% , BIRG +0.1%, AIB -1.3%

Other market worries right now (india/Brexit) but seems like market not impressed with bank results this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Up to €5.80 now. This was a great buy for anyone who got them below €5

Missed the drop. Had put in for a good few shares at €4.80 when it was hovering around that price. Would have brought my BEP down to around €5.80. Would be in profit now :mad:

Will just wait now and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I jumped in at 5.08, was waiting to see if it would drop below 5 but I missed it. I'm up 14.83% as of today, It's been a good week or so.

Almost €6 now.

20% increase for anyone who got in at €5 in the last week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Fair play to anybody who bought in over the past couple of weeks....you are already sitting on a nice paper profit with probably more to come....(remember the SP was about €8 this time last year).

I wonder is the market now pricing in a NO Brexit or a 'deal' Brexit into the SP ?

I didn't pick up any shares recently .... I have a few from some time ago, but my BEP is €7.12, If it gets to that value, I'll sell out. There are better options for my money.

It was pure blind luck on my part, I was thinking it looked cheap but I readily admit to not knowing enough about it.
    I'm not yet thinking of selling but its a nice profit on paper so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not profit until you bag it, i'd be cutting and running if you've got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

It's down over 6% today.

If the Brexit vote is passed today, then I think BofI will break the recent high of €5.855 because the market will know that the fudge has been given permission to carry on.

If the vote fails, then I think it will stay within the current trading range down to €4.80/5.00.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    If the Brexit vote is passed today, then I think BofI will break the recent high of €5.855 because the market will know that the fudge has been given permission to carry on.

If the vote fails, then I think it will stay within the current trading range down to €4.80/5.00.

D.

Translation: You have not got a clue and are just guess.

€6 again now, great returns so plus it goes ex-divi in a few weeks for 16c on top again
    I'm thinking of holding longer now and see if it goes back above last years high of €7.58?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

I wonder do Davy and Goodbody still see this at €7 and €9 predicted in the last 6 months or so. Market Cap of only 5bn now, dare I say there's value there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Earleybird wrote: »
    I wonder do Davy and Goodbody still see this at €7 and €9 predicted in the last 6 months or so. Market Cap of only 5bn now, dare I say there's value there....

Very weak today. At a 1yr low, in fact, maybe even a 5yr low. (I haven't done the split/consolidation maths, just the graph looks that way)

Don't know if there is something else going on?? (Fell 4.5% today, seems a neat coincidence that Dividend payment on 10 June is....4.5%)

But surely must be worth a few sheckles as a speculative punt in the short term

Jim2007 will probably have a different opinion ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think buying the dip and holding works with BOI

Jim2007 will probably have a different opinion ;-)

You are looking at a bank with a P/E of about 7, normally you'd expect to see something around 9 or 10, so it would at least pass an initial screening for a change.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Earleybird wrote: »

Broker predictions are meaningless, time frame is open ended

Advertisement