Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

You nearly got an "are you serious bro" outta me there Sean:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Nothing like a bit of a giggle :D

Plus, who says it's not something that'll be used as a storyline later on in a certain Hardy ends up in my roster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Some of those pictures will give me nightmares. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Post this in a reply:

And judging by his response to that ^^^, you will be able to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick is up and really happy with my choice as the promos you can write for the miz are endless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

campo wrote: »
    Pick is up and really happy with my choice as the promos you can write for the miz are endless

very good choice campo :) He was the guy I was torn over Dolph with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

did not expect Jay Lethal at this early stage, great wrestler imo but could have been gotten in a later round imo as there are still a lot of big names available in this rd. Maybe he has plans for him though. Miz is a good pick though considering bigger may yet to come

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about Miz:o Lethal going this early is surprising but I can't wait to see what yer gonna do with him

Please Liz, for the love of God, don't pick mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

5 to go before me. Please god don't touch him :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    5 to go before me. Please god don't touch him :(

Well, I read that completely out of context

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

How we stand ....

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle
    2. Walter ___________ CM Punk
    3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena
    4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar
    5. CMPunked _______ Randy Orton
    6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan
    7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus
    8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles
    9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler
    10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio
    11. campo _________ The Miz
    12. the groutch _____ Jay Lethal
    13. Liz (tbc..........)
    14. D2D
    15. Furious-Red
    16. MNG
    17. glenjamin
    18. Volt
    19. Flah
    20. Spongey

Surprised at some of these ... after the top 5 it's seems pretty random ... especially in Jay Lethal's case ... good wrestler though.

How we stand ....

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle
    2. Walter ___________ CM Punk
    3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena
    4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar
    5. CMPunked _______ Randy Orton
    6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan
    7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus
    8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles
    9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler
    10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio
    11. campo _________ The Miz
    12. the groutch _____ Jay Lethal
    13. Liz (tbc..........)
    14. D2D
    15. Furious-Red
    16. MNG
    17. glenjamin
    18. Volt
    19. Flah
    20. Spongey

Surprised at some of these ... after the top 5 it's seems pretty random ... especially in Jay Lethal's case ... good wrestler though.

its possible that people are just trying to get the guys the had in mind for the 2nd/3rd round now while their main targets wait till a round they are available but yeah there are probably a lot of bigger names available that we will see taken soon. Thanks btw I was intending on updating these picks each time a new page was started in the other thread and obviously someone else keeping not of them is helpfull for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

its possible that people are just trying to get the guys the had in mind for the 2nd/3rd round now while their main targets wait till a round they are available but yeah there are probably a lot of bigger names available that we will see taken soon. Thanks btw I was intending on updating these picks each time a new page was started in the other thread and obviously someone else keeping not of them is helpfull for this.

No worries, I always like to be able to see who's picked in one place, so its clear in my head.

And yeah, that's the fear, there's a few on there I would have liked as a 2nd or third pick ... haven't a clear idea for who I want, but as they're going I'm getting pangs of disappointment .. especially when Punk and Sheamus went ...

No worries, I always like to be able to see who's picked in one place, so its clear in my head.

And yeah, that's the fear, there's a few on there I would have liked as a 2nd or third pick ... haven't a clear idea for who I want, but as they're going I'm getting pangs of disappointment .. especially when Punk and Sheamus went ...

think you did alright with your draw and pick though so I wouldnt worry about it too much :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, Lethal wouldnt have been my first choice if it was a stip-free round, but he's one I really wanted to get at some stage, so better to be safe than sorry

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Crap thats Miz and AJ gone :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's what I was faced with when picking Del Rio. I have a great idea for him, but I was also wondering if I should have taken one of two midcard guys that would have survived this round any other year just incase they do get snapped up.

Just to give you all as much advance warning as possible to think about potential draftees, Round 2 is also a stip round!

moving up to mean a lot bigger names are eligable in this round and nobody should be left with a dud pick because of the usually popular stip albeit a bit of a morbid one (gave it away) is the deceased Wrestler round. only wrestlers who have passed on will be available in Rd2 and the debut rule is null and void for this round.

I Guaranteee you the next few rounds will be stip free.

guaranteed Benoit will be first pick in the next round

no worries but try not to mention names and tbh a friend of his and a PW death from this past year would be just as likely imo. (tbh shouldnt even do what I just did in relation to naming names but I guess these 3 are rediculously obvious)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he's really not.

ok, sorry Hunter

ok, sorry Hunter

as said no worries and if anyting this is a good example cos tbh everyone will think of those guys or atleast you would think so, but hopefully nobody down the line will mention potential picks that people will then miss out on because people were made aware of their availability before their chance.

I can think of alot more names that'll will be snapped up before him. If I get the chance to get him I'll be in two minds. Had alot of fun booking him last year but if I had the choice would I continue his story or book someone new?

Decisions and plots that you focus on for ages only to be made for you when someone else takes the wrestler you had in mind :p

also, i'm delighted the next round is a stip round, though if someone gets another unlucky draw, i'm going to feel very sorry for them in terms of star power!

SlickRic wrote: »
    also, i'm delighted the next round is a stip round, though if someone gets another unlucky draw, i'm going to feel very sorry for them in terms of star power!

I agree though they would need D2D levels of luck to get another terrible draw in Rd3/4 when there are no stips and all the biggest names (argueably) are available at the same time as well as having had a bad draw in the 1st and yet to be made 2nd round. Atleast the hope is that people dont have that much bad luck and having this round early means that nobody is forced to pick the last remaining deceased wrester they can think of as not everyone has much knowledge of the older generations who are also available in this rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Statistically a low draw on round one doesnt make you any less likely to get one in round two, or any other round for that matter. But it is what it is and the randomness makes it a fair system.

I wonder would we consider reversing the draw for subsequent rounds in future? If you draw 20 then at least youll be 1 next time. Might be slightly more fair, would be less work for the orgaisers as youd only need a draw every two rounds and things would move faster too. Just a athought. Meant o suggeest it before we started.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Statistically a low draw on round one doesnt make you any less likely to get one in round two, or any other round for that matter. But it is what it is and the randomness makes it a fair system.

I wonder would we consider reversing the draw for subsequent rounds in future? If you draw 20 then at least youll be 1 next time. Might be slightly more fair, would be less work for the orgaisers as youd only need a draw every two rounds and things would move faster too. Just a athought. Meant o suggeest it before we started.

Think I suggested something similar in previous years but it seemed the majority wanted random throughout iirc

random is better IMO.

it's part of the game, and you just have to ride the luck.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    random is better IMO.

it's part of the game, and you just have to ride the luck.

Don't I feckin know

Advertisement