Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Suppose.

*Preys that Mach doesn't take my pick and ruin the gimmick of my fed* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Let's nip this in the bid now before it gets out of hand and causes an early argument.

If I wanted to pick someone who debuted, according to wiki, in the 80s, but only made their debut in the eliagble companies (WWE, TNA, ROH etc) in the 00s, can I pick them this round or will we be going by their actual debute in wrestling? (Personally I vote for their wiki debut)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm assuming we're still gonna be doing the PM the guy after you thing?

actually dont think this was mentioned yet but we should and I will be doing so.

Let's nip this in the bid now before it gets out of hand and causes an early argument.

If I wanted to pick someone who debuted, according to wiki, in the 80s, but only made their debut in the eliagble companies (WWE, TNA, ROH etc) in the 00s, can I pick them this round or will we be going by their actual debute in wrestling? (Personally I vote for their wiki debut)

well we are sticking by the previous years rules and in previous years we went with the Wiki overall debut so I would assume that is still in effect. If this idea had been brought up in this thread before today a rule change might be more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

CM Punk is a great pick ... hadn't even thought of him. Soon as I saw the stipulation Kurt was the first to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Angles a tremendous pick as well, plenty of choices for him in the next round

Out of curiousity whats the offical ruling on the ...pick??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

C'mon Machismo!
    I got stuff to do today! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

The rule should be changed from 24 hours to an hour. Or ten minutes :D

Angles a tremendous pick as well, plenty of choices for him in the next round

Out of curiousity whats the offical ruling on the ... pick??

they were one of the picks that I was talking about when I didnt mention names in the OP of the other thread but said that if eligable under the rules last year be it through a loophole or not they are this time and that if someone spots a pick like that it should be applauded for being a smar pick within the rules instead of ruled out. tbh there arent too many picks of this ilk.

Mr TNA takes Mr WWE John Cena! obviously a great guy and big name to build a promotion around especially with the possibility of other big names in later rounds also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Apologies for taking an hour to pick but between a rage inducing slow internet connection and being caught in two minds it took a while. Cena was the natural choice though with the stips and Angle gone.

Blargh.

Ok, I'm going to need some time. Sorry if it delays people. Punk and Cena were two guys I could build my fed around and I have to decide if I take the most obvious option or someone else...

I was toying with the idea of drafting Cena and trying to create another mega money build but I would need an astronomically good pick for the next round for me to get the most out of him.

Ha! A friend on another board just gave me a great idea. I was going to make a very obvious choice but was only going to make it for the sake of the big name draw. But this guy...I'm annoyed I was missing it cause it's a big name AND has some great storyline potential. I just want to check back and see where he's gone in previous years and I'll be posting up my pick :D

Do not steal my pick TSC, dont you dare! :P
    I know where you live!!

Pick up. Here comes the pain, baby!

Pick up. Here comes the pain, baby!

thats 4/5 of the guys i expected top five gone, wonder will I get my automatic top choice now.

*stares at CMpunked*

MOTHERFCUKER!! :mad:

The fun thing is Brock didn't even cross my mind at first. I was all set to pick someone else (who I wouldn't be surprised to see go next :P) until I realised Lesnar debuted in 2000.

There was one guy I was also considering but Wiki dates his debut as 1997, which surprised me slightly.

Knew Orton would go next :P I was going to pick him if I hadn't chosen Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jesus, a quarter way through the first round already. All the picks I was hoping would sneak down are going already, might have to go to plan b:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The fun thing is Brock didn't even cross my mind at first. I was all set to pick someone else (who I wouldn't be surprised to see go next :P) until I realised Lesnar debuted in 2000.

There was one guy I was also considering but Wiki dates his debut as 1997, which surprised me slightly.

There goes my plans out the window

the current WHC joins the BWA!

pmd primal nut.

Orton is a solid choice too especially given the stip in the rd

God damn it!:mad::mad:

I do love these threads, and the amount of utter frustration they bring :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Damn Bryan is gone, I thought someone might have gone outside the box and he would have remained.

Still got my back ups fooked if they pick the three of them next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Three or four more fairly predictable picks left then it gets interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I am definitely going to end up with a midcarder in this round if my picks keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Looks like I'm next! Hopefully will decide quick!

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm next! Hopefully will decide quick!

When yer ready :P

Advertisement