Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss :pac:

20111003_raw_hhh_mainpromo_r_crop_650x440.jpg?1317759993

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

There must be something wrong with me. First thing I noticed in that picture was Natalya's arse. I feel like King at ringside (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I swear to God Liz did this to me three rounds in a row last year :P

As for Hogan, wasn't he ineligible for round one last year? Granted, that still doesn't explain how he lasted till pick 11 of round two, but still...

I make no apologies it could happen again this year ;)

I think I am going to trademark tbc...................... :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I make no apologies it could happen again this year ;)

I think I am going to trademark tbc...................... :p

thebostoncrab might have something to say about that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Voltwad wrote: »
    There must be something wrong with me. First thing I noticed in that picture was Natalya's arse.

Must be something wrong with me too. :)

Liz, what does TBC stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMpunked wrote: »
    Must be something wrong with me too. :)

Liz, what does TBC stand for?

to be continued

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    to be continued

:o:o:o:o
    There was me thinking it was some hidden wrestling meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Got my storylines made up. :D Just need my wrestlers to fit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Definitely have back ups for every potential fued and storyline.. Otherwise the frustration of missing out on your top choices really sucks balls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

How long before those storylines get thrown out the window :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ill put the thread up today so people have a lil time to reaquant themselves with the rules.

Not making any storyline plans atm though that might change but even then id only make them for smaller wrestlers im fairly confident of getting or where the storyline is interchangable between whoever like my JYD story last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Aye last year I had huge storylines drawn up before the first round and I didn't use a single one. Either both wrestlers or one would be snatched up! I have plans this year but they are really really vague so I won't be kicking myself too much!

Out of curiousity(and impatientness too:pac:) will this be kicking off at midnight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Out of curiousity(and impatientness too:pac:) will this be kicking off at midnight?

midnight your time is 7am my time so umm probably not but part of the idea of the Jan 2nd start date is that a lot of people would probably be online with the It Begins talk that day so a start early tommorow with the draw should see most participants atleast being online long enough to see how early they are expected to pick but remember the first few rounds always go faster than later ones.

key thing I put in the Op of the other thread is play the rules, if a loophole in the rules allows a pick to be made others missed it will be applauded for being a smart pick not ruled out (assuming its within the rules) as being an unfair advantage (not that that was often the case anyway previously).

midnight your time is 7am my time so umm probably not but part of the idea of the Jan 2nd start date is that a lot of people would probably be online with the It Begins talk that day so a start early tommorow with the draw should see most participants atleast being online long enough to see how early they are expected to pick but remember the first few rounds always go faster than later ones.

Awesome!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Remember last year when we got through like 3 rounds in 2 days. There was picks being shot out quicker than DUIs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So excited for this! Aaaargh I want it now.

The D.W.O is ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CMpunked wrote: »
    Remember last year when we got through like 3 rounds in 2 days. There was picks being shot out quicker than DUIs! wellness violations

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Definitely have back ups for every potential fued and storyline.. Otherwise the frustration of missing out on your top choices really sucks balls!!

My storylines are interchangeable but the wrestlers still need to fit so that it makes sense, regarding alliances, etc. The good thing is I don't need superstars for it to work although that would obviously make it better!

Looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Five years of this. Hard to believe how fast time flies! On that note...
    Monday Night Grappling would like to announce a parting of the ways between Triple H and the organisation. Both parties feel a continuing partnership would be a mistake in light of the controversial episodes of last year and that a new direction would be best for all concerned.

MNG would like to wish Mr Helmsley all the best in his future endeavours.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Pointless planning feuds or storylines yet tbh, you could end up with literally anyone in the first few rounds.

It's officially Monday, the 2nd of January 2012. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, The 5th annual Boards.ie PW Draft has now begun!!:D:D:D

As BH posted earlier, he will be putting up the draw sometime today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

lets roll :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4th for me. Awesome. Shame the two names I want will likely go in the first three picks :S

Is Wiki ok for going by debut years? Also, do we mean a debut in one of the bigger companies or does backyard wrestling count :P

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

First pick is up! With that restriction, only came down to two or three wrestlers ...but I can see alot of wrestlers I would have liked in later rounds going quickly ..

Kurt is a great first pick.

Mainly cause it means at least one of my top three will be available now :P

Joking aside, Angle is great cause I reckon he can feud with just about any other big name for a big draw...

DAMMIT WALTER!

>_<

There goes pick one :(

Pick made... PM sent.. A little predicable but i think a good option, some great picks still available, and an awesome 1st round stip.. Im hungover as f*ck i hope Punk doesnt get too stroppy about that:pac:

• Advertisement

DAMMIT WALTER!

>_<

There goes pick one :(

Sorry bout that!:o

Advertisement