Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Can't stand pastels! I think my baby will be dressed in a lot of rocker type clothes, babygros with skulls on them and hats with AC/DC. He won't mind, it's purely for my entertainment.

Holy crap just realised I'm going to be 30 in a month! I've been planning to have a big party for my 30th for years (I don't do much to celebrate other birthdays) but think I'll have to give it a miss as I won't be up to it I don't think. I'm just going to eat a vast amount of food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink, have a weekend away spa break with OH or something!!

Zoe is due 2weeks before I turn 24,really don't wanna be soo overdue that I spend it being induced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Mink, try nippaz with attitiude - some great minin rocker baby stuff:
    http://www.nippazwithattitude.com/clothing.html

I got a fantastic baby carrier that's all roses and skulls - hubby and I both love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink the Miami ink boys started a ruthless & toothless baby clothing line you might like...website seems down at the moment but might be worth keeping an eye on it :)
    We just bought a navy blue & green dinosaur sleeping sac thing...my partner is a palaeontologist so some dino stuff is a must :D
    You don't see many girlie dino clothes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink & Kash & anyone else :)
    You might find baby stuff on threadless.com that you like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

97 days left: out of the hundreds whoop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    97 days left: out of the hundreds whoop :D

Whoop, Whoop! We nearly keeled over at the weekend when we realised by the end of this week we'll be into double figures.

My boss in work got sick of me counting down the weeks I have left so he made up how many hours that is and threatened (in a joking way) to make every one of them a misery!
    He has two kids himself and decided I was looking forward to my maternity leave way too much! I do think I have a very unrealistic idea of what its going to be like...but I'm hoping for somewhere inbetween that and my nightmares. I think the final straw for him was when I told him how many days to some of the big sporting events of the year...but all I'll get to see if the Olympics and Ryder Cup and baby could upset my plans for the Olympics by arriving late!

@Twomums2be...totally agree all the stuff on the high street is way to nice and fairy...even the unisex clothes is all bears and hugs. I'm ordering a nice 'rocker' onesie that I seen on Amazon, even though it says its for a boy...the colours are not real masculine. We're not 'rockers' ourselves, but I just though the onesie was cute!
    I don't know what I'll do if I get a girly girl...I don't think I'd know what to do with her! I don't think I could handle ballet lessons or recitals, where i can't be roaring from the sidelines! Even worse...what if it's a boy and into ballet? We consider one of my sisters the black sheep coz she's not into sport...

Java...you were saying about baby kicking low...well I think this baby is testing their escape route today...the kicks or punches have been right down there, if you know what I mean.

Anyone heard of or used this site before...www.nelomaternity.com. Just got an email from a PR company with some images. They have stores in Dublin and Limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

kildareash wrote: »
    Java...you were saying about baby kicking low...well I think this baby is testing their escape route today...the kicks or punches have been right down there, if you know what I mean.

So glad to hear others say this I was gettin freaked out.

theg81der wrote: »

So glad to hear others say this I was gettin freaked out.
    glad its not just me. its kinda scary i kinda kept waiting for my water to break or something lol!

i won't know what to do if i have a girly girl either! zoes wardrobe is full of band t shirts and shoes with guitar on them lol!

I'm the exact opposite: I won't know what to do if i have a sporty girl or boy!! I'm the child that was picked last for sports, who couldn't catch a ball if her life depended on it: my PE teachers lived in dread of me :D As in when we played football I was put in goal... with someone else. I was THAT bad!!

But we'll muddle through... parenting's a learning curve... and hey maybe I'll develop an interst in sport: I watch rugby now cuz himself is into it: and I bought my first ever jersey for the rugby world cup this year!! And yes that does mean I do not have a Kerry jersey or any interest in football!!

I still wish baby clothes weren't so pastelly though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone else.s babies love being down low?
    Sometimes Zoey goes down kicking so low that i have to put my legs up high to move her down, very uncomfortable

My babs does this 2!! each time i think its moved up a bit, babs does a kick really low down... most of the time this makes me want 2 wee even more!!!:rolleyes:

Pastels are boring!!! I'm waiting 2 find out the sex before i buy anymore because there the ones ill use more but i will be keeping tags on and receipt for it... just incase!!:D

i got lots of colourful baby grows from boots for herself. lovely 70s prints in bright orange, purple and green!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »

Holy crap just realised I'm going to be 30 in a month! I've been planning to have a big party for my 30th for years (I don't do much to celebrate other birthdays) but think I'll have to give it a miss as I won't be up to it I don't think. I'm just going to eat a vast amount of food :D
    I'm 32 tomorrow! :(

Love those sites with the funky baby clothes. I'll have to really ration what I get as I could end up buying loads of it and baby doesn't even get to wear it.
    Even worse...what if it's a boy and into ballet?

Hey you could end up with a little Billy Elliot on your hands, that would be good!
    silly wrote: »
    I'm 32 tomorrow! :(

Happy birthday for tomorrow Silly, treat yourself!

Ahh Silly, Have a great day girl!!

I think my belly has gotten smaller somehow... Everyone keeps saying I don't look like I've only 3 months left and I'm starting to agree, it's nothing to worry about right?? I just think it's because I have a broad frame and baby has more surface area,
    will post pic later!

Oh god Java that's mad: I was looking in mirror earlier thinking my belly had gotten smaller too! I think it's maybe cuz I'm getting more used to gaving a big belly?

I also think with your first most people don't get as big because their stomach muscles are tighter or something... Plus on the positive side it will be easier to lose afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

cyning wrote: »
    Oh god Java that's mad: I was looking in mirror earlier thinking my belly had gotten smaller too! I think it's maybe cuz I'm getting more used to gaving a big belly?

I also think with your first most people don't get as big because their stomach muscles are tighter or something... Plus on the positive side it will be easier to lose afterwards :D
    People tell me (because it's true) that I look far bigger than 5.5 months! I look more like 7. I met a girl who I hadn't seen yet in my pregnancy and she said "oh, you're nearly due are ya!?" I was like " erm no, not till July...:("
    I do look about 7 months gone though, but thankfully, it's mostly bump. My ass and hips have only got slightly bigger.

This is my 2nd, so I suppose my stomach was already well stretched.

I can physically see baby moving these days, can see an arm or leg moving across my stomach.

Have dr check up later today, my 24 week one. (25 weeks tomorrow) hopefully will hear heartbeat or something.

Here's me at 26+2
    2012-04-03121220.jpg

I am the person who bought this for her daughter!!
    http://www.cafepress.com/+german_shepherd_gifts_infant_tshirt,514010888

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

haha i love it!

• Advertisement

You look great Java! There's no right or wrong size bump...everyone's is going to be totally different and I'd imagine because babs is moving around so much the shape could change from day to day.

I was working with this guy (50's/60's) last week and he points at my bump and was like oh it's just a waiting game for you now. I took a little bit of offence, because I thought he meant I was huge and looked like I was ready to go. Wouldn't mind, he can't exactly comment himself because he looks about nine months pregnant!

Is it just my hormones or does anyone else find pregnancy a bit lonely at times?
    Don't get me wrong my family, friends and OH are fantastic but OH has been working a few evenings lately and then last night he had to go out for an hour after he got home. It was a last minute thing, so I got home expecting just to curl up on the sofa together and then he announces he's heading out. He was literally gone for an hour! But I just sat there thinking is this what it's going to be like when baby is born. But I was just feeling that everyone else is doing something and I'm stuck at home. Which is ridic, because I could have done anything I wanted to last night and I've made plans to meet up with a friend tonight.
    Aghhhhh...hormones!

You look great Java! There's no right or wrong size bump...everyone's is going to be totally different and I'd imagine because babs is moving around so much the shape could change from day to day.

I was working with this guy (50's/60's) last week and he points at my bump and was like oh it's just a waiting game for you now. I took a little bit of offence, because I thought he meant I was huge and looked like I was ready to go. Wouldn't mind, he can't exactly comment himself because he looks about nine months pregnant!

Is it just my hormones or does anyone else find pregnancy a bit lonely at times?
    Don't get me wrong my family, friends and OH are fantastic but OH has been working a few evenings lately and then last night he had to go out for an hour after he got home. It was a last minute thing, so I got home expecting just to curl up on the sofa together and then he announces he's heading out. He was literally gone for an hour! But I just sat there thinking is this what it's going to be like when baby is born. But I was just feeling that everyone else is doing something and I'm stuck at home. Which is ridic, because I could have done anything I wanted to last night and I've made plans to meet up with a friend tonight.
    Aghhhhh...hormones!

I find it a bit lonely too.. other than my Oh really,
    My best friends wants to know the details etc but then when I'm telling her I kinda feel like maybe she thinks I'm going on about it a bit and don't want her thinking it's all I talk about now
    My SIL is great but the poor woman has not had a second to herself since her son was born, She has a 13month old who was sick with a virus for two weeks and this week has her back teeth breaking through. Feel so bad for her, plan on taking both babies for a night when i finish for easter..

Haha...I'd say my OH wld buy that for his sister if he could get one to fit (she's 27!). That's so cute :)

Java you look absolutely great! I'm starting to feel a bit chunky in other parts of my body. Must take a pic of my burgeoning bump this evening.
    Aghhhhh...hormones!

Yes I have a hard time if OH not around at all. He often is busy in the evenings & nearly all weekend evenings (with the band) so I'm a little apprehensive about what's going to happen when the wee man comes along. I think we'll work it out, I won't need to nag him into staying home (I wouldn't anyway) cos I think he'll want to be home more to chill with the babog!

I'm still very drawn to OH. I find myself following him around the house like a puppy sometimes going "whatcha doing?".

Plus I'm majorly horny as we're both still a bit too freaked out to try sex again so all I see is the fine arse on him. He's been getting a lot of compliments on his appearance lately! We decided that when it's the right time after baby comes along, we're going to leave him with his mother's for the night and go stay in a hotel and make up for all the backlogged sex and have a mini-dirty-weekend. I know that sounds a bit selfish to dump baby off so we can get our freak on, but it would be a nice start to our sex life again, hey gotta keep a marriage together!

We say this now but we may use the time for sleeping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Aghhhhh...hormones!
    I find it a bit lonely too.. other than my Oh really,
    My best friends wants to know the details etc but then when I'm telling her I kinda feel like maybe she thinks I'm going on about it a bit and don't want her thinking it's all I talk about now
    My SIL is great but the poor woman has not had a second to herself since her son was born, She has a 13month old who was sick with a virus for two weeks and this week has her back teeth breaking through. Feel so bad for her, plan on taking both babies for a night when i finish for easter..

I am also finding it very lonely. It doesn't help that hubby is away for weeks at a time, nor that I work from home, but they're both things that I am used to so shouldn't really account for the extra lonliness. My friends are great, but most have been keeping their distance for the last few months, and even email conversations have dried up recently. I am a bit worried that once I have the baby I will lose what little contact I do have, and turn into a bit of a hermit... ah crap. Now I'm all sad. Bloody hormones.

My best friends wants to know the details etc but then when I'm telling her I kinda feel like maybe she thinks I'm going on about it a bit and don't want her thinking it's all I talk about now.

I'm very conscious of this too, don't want people thinking I'm baby mad (cos I am really in my own head - it's more or less all I think about). But it would be unfair to bore them to death with all the details when they're not that interested. That's why we have this forum!

Kash wrote: »
    I am also finding it very lonely. It doesn't help that hubby is away for weeks at a time, nor that I work from home, but they're both things that I am used to so shouldn't really account for the extra lonliness. My friends are great, but most have been keeping their distance for the last few months, and even email conversations have dried up recently. I am a bit worried that once I have the baby I will lose what little contact I do have, and turn into a bit of a hermit... ah crap. Now I'm all sad. Bloody hormones.

Kash that's tough with himself away for weeks, I wouldn't cope with that very well!

Re the friends, to be honest, your real friends will not change in terms of reaching out to you or involving you in things (so long as you are returning their calls/messages & reaching out to them too). I've had some friends fall back into the background and some have just not changed at all and are there for me.

Those of us on here who become hermits (it's possible for me cos of where I live in comparison to my friends/family) should just meet up and keep each other company and coo over each other's babies!!

I know that sounds a bit selfish to dump baby off so we can get our freak on, but it would be a nice start to our sex life again, hey gotta keep a marriage together!

I know exactly what you mean about following OH around, I feel like I do that too!

Don't think it's selfish at all to leave baby with his granny and recharge your batteries. You'll come back a new woman! And mam and dad having a healthy relationship is very important for baby ;)

I will possibly be leaving baby over night with my sister so we can go to a close friend's wedding at the end of August. Not sure about the overnight bit yet. But wedding is at home, so I can pop out to them a few times during the day. My sis has reared three of her own, so I don't think I've anything to worry about really.
    Kash wrote: »

I was conscious of you when I was posting that Kash, can't imagine how hard it is.

On the friends, I think I'm developing new relationships with girls I wouldn't have been that friendly with before (their OH is a friend of my OH type thing), but because we're all due around the same time we have a new connection to each other. My closest friend has been great and wants to be involved but she's still single and I can't go out drinking and dancing every weekend anymore, so things are bound to change there.
    Those of us on here who become hermits (it's possible for me cos of where I live in comparison to my friends/family) should just meet up and keep each other company and coo over each other's babies!!

Good idea Mink, and even if we don't become the hermits we think we will we should still organise a meet up in a few months with the babies.

After thinking about it for a while, I think it was OH's spontaniety that started me off last night. But I don't think that will be much of a problem when baby is born, as he tells me he's not leaving my side from June onwards!

This made me laugh the other day...he asked does he need to take time off when I start my maternity leave. He was worried that I would be trying to contact him when I go into labour and he'll be in the one part of his building that there's no signal in!

I'm really feeling the lonliness too: I'm at home on my own all day and nearly everyone is in work. And I try to say I don't mind hubbie going out for a few drinks on a Fri night because I know between work and having to do all the cooking (chef or not!) and cleaning and outdoor cutting grass and minding me he needs to recharge away from me sometimes... he's off to Munster match on Sunday and I feel gutted I'm going to be all on my own on Easter Sunday: which is completely completely irrational!! And I can't go out: I'm just not able for it. There's a table quiz on Fri week and I really really want to go: I guess it will all depend on whether braxton hicks calm down!

Kash I think your pretty amazing: I wouldn't be able for it at all.

I'm also seriously consious of sounding baby mad: that's why I like chatting away on here :p

Mink me and hubbie will be doing the exact same thing :D we had originally intended on going to London in March just for a break whether I got pregnant or not: sort of something to look forward to after the excitement of wedding/honeymoon etc. As it stands at the moment I couldn't go to Cork for the weekend and I miss being just a couple!! So a weekend away will be something to look forward to!!

Java you look fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

I feel the loneliness at times as well. OH has a team event at work on Thursday and I hate the thoughts of being stuck at home on my own. I mostly work from home so it's boring enough during the day.

And I also have this guilt that I'm not boring the butts of friends and family about the baby. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited and love the thoughts of the baby coming along but this has been the busiest few months of my life and I've tons of other things to think about that I often forget that I'm pregnant. And then the guilt sets in... It's weird because I only really talk to my OH about her all the time. When I hear some of you guys looking for the perfect colour babygros etc I feel like I'm doing something wrong because I just don't have time to think about stuff like that at the minute. It's a pity because I think that all adds to the excitement. I think I'm going to go into labour and it's gonna hit me that I'm having a baby.

About the time to yourself and OH thing - I have every intention of leaving her with my parents a few weeks after she's born as my bday is around then & I'd say we'll be dying to get away for a night or two and my parents will be only too delighted to look after her.

Advertisement