Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Me and OH are gonna go for a weekend away too!!
    I like to think of it as looking after my first child!!Thats kinda what my oh acts like sometimes!!
    Mamaheidi, please don't feel guilty, if you have a busy schedule You don't have the time to be obsessing, i'm only like this in college where I use it as a distraction!!

Aww I love the meet up idea!!would be weird to see what everyone looks like after talking for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Think pregnancy can be a lonely time, especially for first baby as friendships are all changing... I am really surprised that some people I wouldn't have been that close to before the pregnancy have become a great support and two childhood friends that I was really close to have gone MIA - haven't heard from either of them since I told them about baby- was really upset about it, but have kinda gotten over it...
    I've been sick since friday :( horrible headcold that will not go away.... grrr

Java you look fab! I feel like my bump has doubled in size in the last few weeks... will pop up a photo later

love the idea of meeting up after the babies arrive - would be great to put faces to all the names...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

It's my birthday tomorrow too!! I'm 28. Went shopping today and started the shopping for my hospital bag :):) also got a lovely maxi dress in new look for ds's communion,it's actually a lovely one and fits bump perfect!! So I'm going shopping with my mum and sister on Friday and I'll get shoes and a bag and I need a decent bra!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I have been following my hubby around like a puppy dog too. He doesn't get in from work until 8/9 and I normally have supper ready for him. I sit with him in the kitchen while he eats, then if he goes to bed, I go too, cos I don't want to be downstairs on my own.
    When he wakes at 6am, I would normally try to ignore him and try and sleep, but now I wake too and chat with him as he gets ready for work.
    Our sex life has heated up a bit in the last 2 weeks, can't keep our paws off eachother really.

Happy birthday for tomorrow tinkerbell! We're like boards.ie twins! (with a few yrs difference)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

kildareash wrote: »
    @Twomums2be...totally agree all the stuff on the high street is way to nice and fairy...even the unisex clothes is all bears and hugs. I'm ordering a nice 'rocker' onesie that I seen on Amazon, even though it says its for a boy...the colours are not real masculine. We're not 'rockers' ourselves, but I just though the onesie was cute!
    I don't know what I'll do if I get a girly girl...I don't think I'd know what to do with her! I don't think I could handle ballet lessons or recitals, where i can't be roaring from the sidelines! Even worse...what if it's a boy and into ballet? We consider one of my sisters the black sheep coz she's not into sport...

What is worse is that if it is anything away from the standard pastel cutie stuff you pay through the nose for it! Anything that doesn't fall into completely boy colours or cut we are willing to look at so we have some aqua green sleepsuits with monsters on so far & will be looking for more in that style :)
    Don't worry whatever you get you will do just fine...they will be your little boy/girl :) Your child will find what they love and it is best to let them just be who they are...that way they will excel at those activities rather than possible struggle to please you at your chosen activities :) In saying that, my partner thought our niece about fossils when she was about two and she still loves them now she is nine so you can influence them to some degree ;)

Java...you were saying about baby kicking low...well I think this baby is testing their escape route today...the kicks or punches have been right down there, if you know what I mean.

I have had this for ages on and off...it is a very strange feeling. I have also had what I can only assume is pulling on the cord which is another weird feeling but thankfully she doesn't pull that stunt too often!

silly wrote: »
    I'm 32 tomorrow! :(

Why the frown Silly? Have a lovely birthday :)
    I am starting to feel old at 34 and my partner is getting worried that she will spend her 40th on the labour ward...she certainly won't be able to have a drink to celebrate as our due date is a week after her birthday :eek: In fairness she is more of a kid than me :rolleyes:

I can physically see baby moving these days, can see an arm or leg moving across my stomach.

I am waiting for that to happen and freak me out :p I can see my belly move but no obvious limbs just yet :) not that long ago I was sure I could feel her pulling her fingers across my belly but they couldn't be seen from the outside :)

Kash wrote: »
    I am also finding it very lonely. It doesn't help that hubby is away for weeks at a time, nor that I work from home, but they're both things that I am used to so shouldn't really account for the extra lonliness. My friends are great, but most have been keeping their distance for the last few months, and even email conversations have dried up recently. I am a bit worried that once I have the baby I will lose what little contact I do have, and turn into a bit of a hermit... ah crap. Now I'm all sad. Bloody hormones.

I am not surprised Kash...it is pretty tough on you with your hubby away. I am at home so know some of the isolation that comes with that....not sure I would do very well if my partner was away on top of it!
    Most of our friends live far enough away as we have moved a reasonable bit over the years so I am not too bad at being a hermit :o

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Those of us on here who become hermits (it's possible for me cos of where I live in comparison to my friends/family) should just meet up and keep each other company and coo over each other's babies!!

Great idea Mink and we certainly should have a thread to carry supporting each other on after our babies are born :D

happy birthday tomorrow ladies have a great day!
    staying in my mams tonight, watching baby shows with my 6 year old sister! she loves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Happy Birthday Silly! Happy Birthday Tinkerbell! I hope someone spoils you rotten.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement re friends and lonliness. They honestly cheered me up. And I think the meet up idea is fantastic!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today actually, and hubby is home in 10 days, so I need to keep looking on the brightside. He's been going to the gym every day, and has bought a new pair of shiny short shorts, which I keep picturing him in. Hmm - I think I need to get laid :)

Feeling remarkably good today, no aches or pains, just a happily kicking baby.

Happy Birthday Silly & Tinkerbell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Happy Birthday Tink and Silly!!!Hope you have a great day and get to put your feet up.

Thanks for birthday wishes!

The dr yesterday couldn't find heartbeat!! But we weren't worried, she couldn't find it cos baby was moving so much, kicking back at the Doppler. Eventually she found a good strong heartbeat, said it was the most illusive baby she ever came across and he/she almost got the better of her!

She said blood pressure was high, so wants to see me at 26 weeks instead of 28.
    I know that my blood pressure is high from stress at work, but trying not to let work get to me today of all days :) creamy cake for lunch, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks for birthday wishes!

The dr yesterday couldn't find heartbeat!! But we weren't worried, she couldn't find it cos baby was moving so much, kicking back at the Doppler. Eventually she found a good strong heartbeat, said it was the most illusive baby she ever came across and he/she almost got the better of her!

She said blood pressure was high, so wants to see me at 26 weeks instead of 28.
    I know that my blood pressure is high from stress at work, but trying not to let work get to me today of all days :) creamy cake for lunch, yum!

Happy Birthday Tinkerbell and Silly, hope ye get a chance to put your feet up and relax because lets face it, this time next year you might not get the same opportunity with a 7 month old!!!! :) Ah no, only kidding, hope ye both have a lovely day.

Silly, did she take your blood pressure before or after trying to find baby??? That's a little messer you have there, giving mammy heart failure already :) We had a similar experience last week and it's scary for those few minutes. I hope my baby is a bit more cooperative for the nurse today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Happy birthday ladies!

When my midwife visited on Saturday she took my blood pressure & said it was slightly low. Anyone else have this? She suggested increasing fluids etc. Nothing to worry about right now I guess.

Also she recommended certain tissue salts (from healthfood shop) to help with the evening swelling I get. There's specific ones recommended for pregnancy. Hopefully will get them today and try them out and will report back if makes any difference.

10% paycut across the boards at work I'm afraid :(
    On the bright side, OH got a bonus at work this week.

I may use this weekend to pick up some home improvements type bits that we need to get things a bit more ready. I must must must not sit on my arse for the entire bank hol weekend eating chocolate!!! I must get my plans into action! <repeat mantra as neccessary>

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Happy Birthday Silly and Tinkerbell!

I had a dream last night that I had just had the baby but I had no memory of the labour or birth! Happy Days lol! Just a gorgeous little boy and I was breastfeeding him and then going round to all my friends houses to show him off but we couldn't decide on a name!! Everytime I mentioned a name in the dream someone would come up with a reason as to why we couldn't name him that!

Oh and he was born 10 weeks early and not a bother on him! Hehehe. Dreams are great aren't they?! I didn't want to wake up from it.

Mink my blood pressure was on the low end of normal at my last doc appointment but she didn't seem worried about it...she actually said its not a bad thing as it can go up in later pregnancy so no harm it being a little lower but I guess the mid wife will see what it is next week & whether it needs more monitoring :)

• Advertisement

I remember someone purchasing from seraphine & I was wondering if you could let me know what the fit etc is like.

Thinking of getting some linen trousers & possibly a top from them but not sure about quality & sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy birthday ladies!

When my midwife visited on Saturday she took my blood pressure & said it was slightly low. Anyone else have this? She suggested increasing fluids etc. Nothing to worry about right now I guess.

Also she recommended certain tissue salts (from healthfood shop) to help with the evening swelling I get. There's specific ones recommended for pregnancy. Hopefully will get them today and try them out and will report back if makes any difference.

10% paycut across the boards at work I'm afraid :(
    On the bright side, OH got a bonus at work this week.

I may use this weekend to pick up some home improvements type bits that we need to get things a bit more ready. I must must must not sit on my arse for the entire bank hol weekend eating chocolate!!! I must get my plans into action! <repeat mantra as neccessary>

Bad news on the paycut, OH is taking 6% paycut this week too. It's ****ty, but neither of us has had to take a paycut yet, so we can't complain really.

I hear ya on the home improvements...I'm afraid to say we're turning into one of those couples too. Three years in our house and all the walls are still magnolia. But since our two furry babies arrived they have destroyed the walls, so we're starting to paint this weekend! I'm hoping to at least have downstairs painted before babs arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mink my blood pressure is low too: but they don't worry about it really just to be careful not to stand too fast etc if I'm feeling ill in case I faint: but mine is low pregnant or not so I'm well used to it! It's not something they really worry about to be honest!!

Happy birthday Tinkerbell and Silly :D

First antenatal class this evening and I don't think hubbie can make it :(

Silly and Tinkerbell - Happy Birthday!!! hope your both having a fab day....

Kash - glad you're feeling better, it must be so hard with oh away - you should plan a nice treat for yourselves when he gets back, romantic break or somewhere special for dinner: you deserve it...

Has anyone had any joy finding a good pregnancy yoga/pilates class: need to start something, feel like if I find a good class I'm more likely to go rather than trying to motivate myself to go for walks in evenings, have gotten so lazy once my ass hits the couch in the evening I'm completely finished :rolleyes:

Think I might have had my first Braxton Hick yesterday - not sure... It felt like a cramp low down in my bump, completely stopped me in my tracks - not painful but very uncomfortable ---- has anyone else had this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

When my midwife visited on Saturday she took my blood pressure & said it was slightly low. Anyone else have this?

Yep, mine was low too - and my heart rate is super fast. The doc said that blood pressure often drops in the second trimester, and picks up again later in the third. She told me to sit down if I became dizzy, and not to stand up too fast.
    I hear ya on the home improvements...I'm afraid to say we're turning into one of those couples too. Three years in our house and all the walls are still magnolia. But since our two furry babies arrived they have destroyed the walls, so we're starting to paint this weekend! I'm hoping to at least have downstairs painted before babs arrives!

We have loads to do too - we're in our house three years as well, but we have most rooms painted now; we had to, the previous owners must have been colourblind. And lazy. We couldn't understand why the walls had big patches of completely different paint, because we hadn't noticed them when we viewed the house - then we realised that the patches were where the couch and chairs and tv used to be :eek: I can imagine not moving a wardrobe or something, but a couch?

Still, there are shower curtains and blinds to go up, skirting boards to put in, the outside of the house to paint, tiling around the stove, new floor in the living room - it never ends :)

Silly, did she take your blood pressure before or after trying to find baby??? That's a little messer you have there, giving mammy heart failure already :) We had a similar experience last week and it's scary for those few minutes. I hope my baby is a bit more cooperative for the nurse today.
    she did it 3 times, twice before and once after. I wasn't worried atall as I could feel baby moving, little messer alright!

trions wrote: »
    Think I might have had my first Braxton Hick yesterday - not sure... It felt like a cramp low down in my bump, completely stopped me in my tracks - not painful but very uncomfortable ---- has anyone else had this??
    I think I got this yesterday, I hopped into the car after work and then I got this sharp pain down low on the right hand side. It lasted the 20 min journey, very sore. Went into my mom's house and was very uncomfortable for another 10 mins before it completely eased off.

I'm getting up to ten braxton hicks in the day now.... doc thinks its very early but then again as he said I'm not exactly having a "normal" pregnancy!!

They feel like a cramp low down in my bump for me and stretch around into my back and down into my legs: and they hurt!

cyning wrote: »
    I'm getting up to ten braxton hicks in the day now.... doc thinks its very early but then again as he said I'm not exactly having a "normal" pregnancy!!

They feel like a cramp low down in my bump for me and stretch around into my back and down into my legs: and they hurt!

Sounds sore - u poor thing, I know it doesn't feel like it now but it's prob a good thing the uterus is getting itself ready for labour...
    How far along are u cyning? I'm only 24 weeks wasn't expecting Braxton Hicks for another few weeks, also boobs have started leaking (it's completely frieking my hubby out) again wasn't expecting this so soon... I think I'm further along than doc thinks I am :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm 26 weeks and have been getting them for about a week and a half: I wasn't entirely sure thats what they were but doc says it is so that's what I'm going with! They can start any time from 20 weeks on.

I think some of the other girls have leaking boobs too: it can all happen from now on in: what did your dating scan say?

The whole idea of breastfeeding is totally freaking my husband out: totally! As is childbirth: all he keep saying is he's staying up by my head and he is not moving and he is not looking and he does not want to see me "that" way! I think he's afraid that all the stuff that was "fun" for him is going to have the mystery removed entirely :D

Advertisement