Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Twomums I just realised that your partner could potentially breastfeed. How cool is that? Baby has 4 boobs available! I'd like to introduce an occasional bottle of expressed milk after I establish breastfeeding so OH can feed him. I think it's really important the partner gets to do at least some feeds as it's such a nice bonding thing.

I hope that lady with the premie baby gets on ok. That's my worst fear is having them so premature that they have major problems. It's more highlighted this week as I'm hitting 24 weeks on Sat!!

Welcome back March11, I feel your pain. Pregnancy is harder then we thing, and I have it easy. Fruity Rennies are the dogs b0*llox.

If you know you want an epi/pain relief it's so completely your choice, I don't think it's right someone should try talk you out of it when it's obvious you've already done your research and you're aware of the risks etc. I'm hoping the birthing pool & possibly some gas and air will see me through, gulp!

Kildareash I hope the tests come back ok. How would diet 7up affect your glucose reading when there's no sugar in it? I'm off diet stuff as cut out aspartame (I think someone else on here has done that). It's IMPOSSIBLE to find chewing gum that doesn't have it in it, they're all "sugar free".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

on way to spurs in liffey valley, oh is bringing me for a final second trimester dinner and cinema to celebrate zoes scan!
    she's breech atm so she best not get too comfy! ill post picture of her scan later for you to see the size of her foot , doctor reckons she measures ahead in length!maybe she.ll be a model!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

That's me Mink re aspartame and I have to say it has made a huge difference to me! I was a moody cow for about 3 days after I stopped :D just shows the impact it can have on you! I don't drink tea or coffee do cordial was my main drink & most of the sugar versions still have aspartame in them - that shocked me!
    Yep we have a spare set :D but she won't naturally produce milk so it is not straight forward. Some double mums allow the baby to use the spare set for comfort & bonding - kinda like a natural soother :) In saying all that I have none of the leaking people have so we might have no milk between us :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

sorry to go off topic, but i found a stockist near me that sell the icandy range..has anyone here looked at them, what did ye think?

silly wrote: »
    sorry to go off topic, but i found a stockist near me that sell the icandy range..has anyone here looked at them, what did ye think?

We looked at them...I still think they are one of the most visually appealing systems BUT if you keep an eye out (buggy watch as we call it) you will notice that as soon as a child becomes a crawler/toddler they look like giants in them! A friend who child minds had a 10 month old that was already too big for hers (feet longer the foot rest) & said it weighed a tonne. The parents had already bought a mac claren buggy to replace it!
    A nursery shop told us they stopped stocking them for this reason (sizing) & said if you look 2nd hand you will always find them as people get sick of them.
    It's a shame as like I said I like the look of them but we have pretty much ruled them out for those reasons :)

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    We looked at them...I still think they are one of the most visually appealing systems BUT if you keep an eye out (buggy watch as we call it) you will notice that as soon as a child becomes a crawler/toddler they look like giants in them! A friend who child minds had a 10 month old that was already too big for hers (feet longer the foot rest) & said it weighed a tonne. The parents had already bought a mac claren buggy to replace it!
    A nursery shop told us they stopped stocking them for this reason (sizing) & said if you look 2nd hand you will always find them as people get sick of them.
    It's a shame as like I said I like the look of them but we have pretty much ruled them out for those reasons :)

that sucks...
    i think the quinny's are the same...
    but a 10 month old not fitting in!? thats very small then.

Yeah it's not great...her feet sat over the bar which looked uncomfortable. I assumed she was a big/tall child but when I saw her again at 12 months she didn't seem any bigger than other 1 year olds.
    Over the weekend I saw a 2ish year old in one and she was curled up to fit into it :) later she was in her daddy's arms instead!
    Have a look when out & about...you are sure to see one :)
    We are looking at the uppababy, it's not as pleasing to the eye as others but it wins for us on so many other counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    ah forgot to say when i was in hospital there was a lady who was 27weeks and waters broke in there, fingers crossed for her

Poor lady, hope everything works out for her.
    My sis-in-law was only telling me to get organised yesterday, because her first surprised us all at 30 weeks! It was a scary first few days, but thankfully there was no complications and was home about 6 weeks later.

Don't think it was the diet 7up that did it, haven't been as good at avoiding all the sweet stuff as I shld have been. Hopefully the test will be ok next week. My man said she had it in all 7 of us and none of us were particularly big babies, and my dad is an insulin dependant diabetic now, so I might be destined to get it. More worried about possibly having another kidney infection!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Javagal - glad all went well today, enjoy your night out..

Silly - we are getting the icandy, fell in love with it as soon as i saw it.. we are getting the peach stroller. we tried out loads of different ones in the shop, found the peach to be light weight, very easy to steer and manouver and easy to fold up.. we shopped around and price wise bella baby was the best we found, they sell it as a system with the maxi-cosi car seat and base for €1049.. their sale isn't until july but they will have a stand at pregnancy fair and will be discounted if you pay deposit on the day - also if you buy system from them they give u a 10% shop discount card!! (also the peach can become a double buggy)

On pain releif - I think I'm going to try and go into it open minded and just see how it goes on the day.. would love to do it naturally if i can, but if it's too much bring on the drugs...

for those of you planning on breast feeding, the midwife at the hospital last week told me about breast feeding antenatal classes they run and said they are well worth attending.. I booked my place today - think it only takes a couple of hours.. i'm with coombe but might be worth checking if they're available in your area

omg i am so stuffed! hope you ladies have a great long weekend, in 3 months it is July Aww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Happy Easter everybody!
    Saw someone mentioned Breastfeeding classes in the Coombe, I noticed a sign for these in the Rotunda if anyone is attending there.
    I tried the last time around and had mixed success but really in the end it caused more stress for me personally and I think may have been a trigger for "bad mammy" feelings so I think classes are a great idea!

I've finally realised that I've been feeling braxton hicks contractions for the past couple weeks. I thought it was baby turning a weird way. Some of you guys talking about it made me think and then I saw it in my what to expect book this morning and it describes it exactly as I feel it and says can start after 20th week.

It's like your uterus bunches up and tightens and I was getting a sort of pointy bit that I thought was baby's bum sticking up but I think he's too small for that!

I never realised can feel them so early, strange.

Am I the only poor fecker having to work today? Trains on a Saturday schedule so going to be late, grr

Oh no just read the thread in parenting on having a social life....or not as the case seemed to be.
    Obviously I know our social lives won't be the same after baby is born, but some people have barely left their kids at all. I'm scared now.

kildareash wrote: »
    Oh no just read the thread in parenting on having a social life....or not as the case seemed to be.
    Obviously I know our social lives won't be the same after baby is born, but some people have barely left their kids at all. I'm scared now.

To be honest, your social life is up to you what you do with it.
    I have a great mom, who is always good to babysit, and a great family too. I am never stuck for someone to mind my daughter, now that she is 11, i have no restraints really when i need to go somewhere, there is no "minding" in her really.
    My sister in law on the other hand, has a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old and she NEVER goes out. EVER. They go everywhere with her. The first time she was ever not with them was when they started playschool. But thats the way she wants to do it. its her choice at the end of the day, but personally i dont think its very healthy for your relationship with your partner to NEVER be away from the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm working too Mink, have Monday off though - so not a total loss!

Ash, I don't think I have an inkling of what it is going to be like to have a child. I keep seeing things that look like fun, and then thinking "but you won't be able to do that until the baby is at least x years old"

It's a bit too surreal for me at the moment - but to hell with it, you take what life throws your way and make the best of it. I'm sure we'll all be SuperMums :)

i'm working today too! but hoping that we will be told to leave early...

bidding on a Baba Sling on ebay...
    I BETTER win it.

I know it's up to us, exactly how much our lives change and im fully prepared that there will be changes, but I nearly cried reading that!

My sis is a bit like yours in that she NEVER goes out, either does her husband but she nearly begrudges him if he's going on a work night out about twice a year.
    She only lives a few minutes away, so at least I know she will always be available for babysitting :) both sets of parents will be available too and oh has a 16yo cousin that we will be able to call on too when the time is right. My niece is 12, so I'll be training her up from day one so once she's old enough shell be ready.

Thinking about it now, the last five months have been alot different than our normal social lives, so maybe were subconsciously preparing ourselves for when baby arrives.

Thinking about it now, the last five months have been alot different than our normal social lives, so maybe were subconsciously preparing ourselves for when baby arrives.

Both me and hubby are both too knackered these days for night out, we were too tired for the cinema last weekend...
    he's extremely busy at work (didnt get in until 4am this morn and was gone again for 7.30am - poor mite) and well, i'm too tired to scratch my arse...

I am really looking forward to putting on some nice clothes, make up, etc and heading out once baby is born though!

100 days to go :eek:

• Advertisement

i'm counting my weeks left at work.
    12 weeks left at work.
    which is 12x5 = 60 days left at work!!!

Me too...can't believe that tomorrow we'll be down to double digits till Baby arrives. Nine/ten months seems such a long time, but I can't believe how quickly it is going.
    silly wrote: »
    i'm counting my weeks left at work.
    12 weeks left at work.
    which is 12x5 = 60 days left at work!!!

My boss calculated the hours for me last week! He then promised to make every single one of them a misery if I didn't stop looking forward to it so much!

I was planning on working up right until the end of June, but I don't know how I'll fit behind the steering wheel of the car then.

OH has picked up that dose that's going around. No DIY for us today...convenient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sorry to ramble into a thread I don't belong in! But I just wanted to say that your social life doesn't have to be totally destroyed if you don't want it to. One of my best friends had a baby a little bit before Christmas, they left her with her granny to go to a work function when she was two weeks old, then they went to a New Years Eve ball, they've both gone on one or two nights out (dinner or drinks or tea and chat) with their friends while the other stayed home, they've been for dinner 3 times just the two of them, and have been on two other nights out together with us as a group.

They often go to baby showers, days out with friends, a beer or two in the sun of a Sunday afternoon, etc. Now granted they go home earlier sometimes and much more sober but their social lives have changed very little other than that, and their baby is so used to spending the evening with relatives/friends that she doesn't bat an eye when they leave, just keeps playing :)

Me too...can't believe that tomorrow we'll be down to double digits till Baby arrives. Nine/ten months seems such a long time, but I can't believe how quickly it is going.

Yep we share our due date :) will be interesting to see if either of us hit target ;)

One of our friends worked up to the two week before her due date. I was talking to her on her last day at work (Friday) and she was talking about looking forward to two weeks to recharge her batteries! She went into labour the following night :D

Acoshla wrote: »
    Sorry to ramble into a thread I don't belong in! But I just wanted to say that your social life doesn't have to be totally destroyed if you don't want it to.

I agree with this, you have to make the best out of the situation. I actually don't go out-out much at all, maybe every 2 mths. But when I do I make a night of it and really enjoy it.

I think the main difference is that I'll be home a bit earlier, it will be more expensive (baby sitters and the like), I'll be more sober (not a bad thing) and there'll be no lie-in in the morning :rolleyes: Not a high price to pay to be able to have a dotie baby but also go out occasionally!
    One of our friends worked up to the two week before her due date. I was talking to her on her last day at work (Friday) and she was talking about looking forward to two weeks to recharge her batteries! She went into labour the following night :D

Oh, my 2nd worst fear. I'm actually really looking forward to the 2 wks maternity leave on my own before due date for same reasons as above. I intend to have everything done and in place by then and use that time for napping, couch surfing, baking cakes, chilling, seeing a couple friends and generally being a lazy hole! However, it is in the back of my mind that I might get absolutely none of this time!! If baby even gives me 3 or 4 days of this leave to chill before he arrives I'll be happy!

I've always had the idea that first timers almost always go over their due date. Does anyone know an actual statistic on it?

There seems to be more and more people popping up that went early on their 1st. Gulp!

(nija edit).....crap just answered my own question....

"According to British childbirth expert Sheila Kitzinger, only 5 percent of babies arrive on their due dates; and of the 95 percent who don't arrive on time, seven out of 10 are overdue."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockabye-Baby-Romper-Sleeve-Bodysuit-Months/dp/B0062WFN1G/ref=sr_1_10?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1333715936&sr=1-10

For the ladies who were looking for something a bit different :)
    Can't remember exactly who, but I know one lady was saying her OH was in a band and I immediately thought of you when I seen this.

Incase the link doesn't work it's Rockabye Baby on amazon. Ye should also check out the bibs on funky feet uk, also on amazon...really funny slogans. I'm after ordering a few of my faves because I just couldn't resist.

3 mins to me winning my babasling

edit/ someone outbit me by 24c with 4 seconds to go....

I'm on 94 days wahh!!

Getting a start on my very first website, it's a project for college. Basically I have a book of 501 must see movies,gonna watch em and review em,
    Gives me something to be doing whilst waiting on Zoe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Aw silly that sucks :(

Kildareash I love the stuff on Amazon: some of the little tshirts etc are brilliant!

Baby is doing somersaults on me since last night: the amount of movement is unreal: coupled with the bh I'm stupidly exhausted!

My parents are broken up so between the two of them and my inlaws we are going to have to start having a much more active social life to let them all babysit :rolleyes: Although I don't see me getting out much if I breastfeed: your kinda glued to babs really for awhile!

Advertisement