Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I don't have any major leakage yet but some days I have, what looks like dried colostrum on my nipples. Turned hubby right off his once favourite part of my body :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

No leakage here either, but won't be squeezing to find out either!

That girl having the elective section on one born last night reminded me of my friend. Do ye know anyone who have had sections and are back down to their own weight quicker? I'm trying to think but I can't remember anyone (in the real world) ever telling me that.
    I love mylene klass...she's gorgeous and seems so down to earth and nice. I loved the way she was just sitting having tea with the nurses like she was there everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Is the baby fair sold out? Or is it just ticketmaster being a pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Dear diary......haha

Notsobusy, did you try registering for the free ones on smanutrition.ie first? They email you a code to use on Ticketmaster. I did it yesterday for me & then for OH so hopefully will get our free tickets in post a week before the event.

I can't believe there's boobies leaking around here. I have that dried colostrum thing going on a bit but no fluids as such.

Fun fact: according to my What to Expect book (which I read over my morning cereal) if you have a tendency to hold in your pee until you're bursting, this can lead to UTI's (we knew that) but also can aggravate the uterus and cause contractions sometimes which may lead to pre-term labour! VERY interesting for me as I have an awful habit of holding on to my pee, cos I'm busy in work or whatever, and then I get crampy down there after.

I've never heard of someone losing weight faster following a C section, I think she may have been referring to celebrities supposedly getting tummy tucks done at the same time as their C section. I find this really hard to believe and even if it does happen, it wouldn't be done in Ireland and it would cost an absolute bomb. In fairness these celeb's figures are their bread and butter so they're going to do what they can to get their figure back.

I definitely think women should be able to have the choice to have a C section if they want one, whether or not they need one medically. As long as they are informed of the risks and they're not doing it purely for imagined cosmetic benefits.

I'm a little scared as to how my body is going to look after birth, or even after I lose the weight, I wonder how it will have changed??

I went onto ticketmaster and it says there are no tickets available for this event? :confused:

• Advertisement

I was being a moron! Got it on 2nd try. Now to registered the Daddy so he can go too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I was chatting to my Dad about those elective c-sections for cosmetic purposes, and he said that they are for women who are 'too posh to push'. Made me laugh my ass off :)

After straining my abs, I don't think I ever want anyone actually slicing through them, the thought freaks me out! But each to their own I guess :)

Kash wrote: »
    After straining my abs, I don't think I ever want anyone actually slicing through them, the thought freaks me out! But each to their own I guess :)

That's what I was wondering about...boyfriend had a five abdominal surgeries in less than a year and he's been told by physios that the muscles will never be the same again. I know it's a bit different, but he does have a bit of a lip of skin on his belly now, that's not fat but just because there's nothing there to hold it up. He also doesn't have a belly button anymore! Suppose the celebrities are having tummy tucks and lipo and whatever else you can have done to give you a flat tummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

No boob leakage at all: they are just much much bigger then they were!! I do have braxton hicks though: well thats what I assume they are: and they hurt!!

I went absolutely mad today: bought my travel system, moses basket the tommee tippee things for nappies, and shoes for me (hell i deserve domething nice!!). Mothercare have a sale on for anyone who needs bits and pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

cool which system did you get? did you get the beep in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I did in red: its really suits its not too expensive and is really light! Plus it means we have the carry cot for when we go visiting etc.

I think its really hitting me: I'm having a baby I'm not just pregnant... that took awhile :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

We bought a bouncy chair thing a couple of weeks ago, and were standing around "ahhhh-ing" at it... then realised, oh god... there's gonna be a little person in there!
    Seems to be the way haha, we're all so busy being pregnant that you tend to forget there's a little person at the end :)

My partner and daughter both felt baby kick for the first time last nite!
    Tears all round! But such a lovely milestone moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

oh my bloody legs, cramp after cramp omg !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

That's really sweet Magpie. It really is the best thing ever when someone else feels the kicks from outside for first time!

Java try a calcium & magnesium supplement/drink (with permission from your doc/midwife of course - if needed).

The midwife is coming tomorrow to visit me and we are going to go through the paperwork and checklist from HSE to check all okay for homebirth. She'll be doing the heartbeat thing, urine tests blah blah too.
    So excited, fingers crossed nothing comes up that will disqualify me.

Right having a bit of a panic. Baby has been very quiet since yesterday morning. Barely getting any movement, now I have a dull pain in my lower abdomen so rang the GP and heading in at lunchtime.....:(

Hoping everything is fine and it's just my overactive imagination.

I'm sure that's all it is, but I'll be thinking of you regardless.

Let us know how you get on.
    Hugs xx

notsobusy my lady does that sometimes, or else im just too busy to notice her so im sure everything Will be fine ,
    keep us posted x

Baby has just started moving like a mad thing!! Felt lots of kicks and movement in the last 5 mins!

Think I will still go in just to make sure. Just got such a shock as normally he/she is so active.

notsobusy wrote: »
    Baby has just started moving like a mad thing!! Felt lots of kicks and movement in the last 5 mins!

Think I will still go in just to make sure. Just got such a shock as normally he/she is so active.
    think they have a way of sensing you want them to kick.
    was thinkin the same the other day and me and oh were poking her and she did a movement similar to that of the loch Ness monster

Notsobusy, really hope everything is ok.
    If you can, lie down and relax and drink a glass of milk or have something sugary.

I was concerned one night a couple of weeks ago but the WTE book said it was completely normal and when I actually relaxed and had something sugary baby started moving again. Or sometimes you think god haven't felt baby in ages but you might have been too busy to notice until baby gives you a sucker punch!

I was looking at pics of my friends new baby niece last night and I think my baby got jealous coz they started going crazy inside!
    It's lovely when u can share that with other people too. My 5yo nephew can't wait to feel the baby move...he was trying to make it kick by poking my tummy back in January!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Notsobusy, try not to panic, easier said than done, I know. Hopefully the doctor will put you at ease. My baby has been quieter the last week or so too and kicking in different places than before. She used to be really active in the morning and now it's mostly the evening but definitely won't kick on command when I'm worried! I read somewhere that this can happen later on in pregnancy as they start to run out of space in there... not sure if it's too early for that yet though but I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Let us know how you get on.

Ladies,
    For anyone that's stocking up on baby supplies, Tesco seem to have special offers on Pampers at the minute...packs for €10. Haven't looked around much so don't know if this really is a special offer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Notsobusy glad she started kicking to let you everything is ok...no harm still popping to docs for the reassurance. Ours goes quite from time to time but we have a doppler ( passed on from a friend) so I just go have a little listen :) very reassuring!
    Sugary food & bubbles gets ours moving everytime :D

Ash i seen them in tesco too, not a bad offer but isnt there newborn sizes 1 2 and 3 so i wouldn't know what to get in case i have a skinny mini or a chunk of love!

Phew everything seems fine! DR was grand, heard heartbeat so very happy. He said it was no harm to pop into him as I hadn't been in ages. So got my blood pressure checked and all good!

Much much happier. Baby has been doing trapeze acts since earlier. Quite uncomfortable lots of moving round at the moment!!

Thank you for all the kind messages and support!

javagal wrote: »
    Ash i seen them in tesco too, not a bad offer but isnt there newborn sizes 1 2 and 3 so i wouldn't know what to get in case i have a skinny mini or a chunk of love!

Everytime I look at a box of nappies my mind just closes over and I move onto something like the chocolate and crisp aisle!

javagal wrote: »

I dunno, I was just looking in the website and there was soooo many different types. I just closed the page out of fear!
    What about the next size up is there much of a choice in that?

I might just get a packet of newborn for the hospital and either mums or my sis will be able to get what I need then. As good as Boyf is, I don't think I cld inflict that on him...god only knows what he wld come back with!

Notsobusy...think u have a bit of a trouble maker there already :) glad everything was ok. I think at this stage it's still normal to go a while without feeling movement, but it is worrying when babs is usually always active.

OH's sis recently emigrated to the states and were hoping to head over later in the year, it's so wierd looking at flights for an infant or saying the three of us! Always feel like I'm talking about someone else!!!! Are we mad thinking about travelling such a distance with a four month old!

TwoMums, did you ever find any rainbow bright onesies?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash wrote: »
    TwoMums, did you ever find any rainbow bright onesies?

I have found a couple of websites that do them but they were pretty expensive so still looking :) In the UK at the moment so just picked up some super cute clothes at asda & sainsburys :)

• Advertisement

I love my sister in law!she just dropped up two huge bags of maternity clothes woo woo!
    Ok she.s a short ass but her jeans Will be fine with flip flops!
    Delighted!she rules

Advertisement