Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I have found a couple of websites that do them but they were pretty expensive so still looking :) In the UK at the moment so just picked up some super cute clothes at asda & sainsburys :)

I found these - I've emailed the website to see what material they are, will let you know when i get a reply: http://pinkgiraffe.co.uk/products/7648--wwwpinkgiraffecoukrainbowpackvests.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks Kash :)
    Ideally I would like non home dyed but it's looking like the most likely option!
    At the moment I am buying sets that have brighter colours as part of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Notsobusy delighted all is okay :)

Right I've now decided i don't know if what I'm getting are Braxton Hicks or not: they aren't supposed to hurt according to everything I read. But mine do: but then I'm so flipping odd maybe they're hurting cuz of muscles being pulled etc??

Got my furniture for my baby room today (well not the cot!) but wardrobe and chest of drawers and locker and single bed for nights where babs just will not sleep! Its pine and sturdy so should last for a good bit!

I've bought one pack of baby nappies: hubbie can go buy more after baby gets here. I dont think theres much point in stocking up on nappies because if baby doesn't like them/is too big/prefers huggies to pampers your left with a stockpile of nappies!

Anyone seen cheap nursing bras and vest tops?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Cyning I've had a few cramps too, not sure what Braxton Hicks are supposed to feel like either though!
    I found few maternity and nursing bras on sale in mothercare the other day, I picked up 2 for a tenner but haven't tried them out yet, might be worth a look!
    I'm going mad at the moment trying to find something to wear to SO's bosses wedding in two weeks, not only am I not used to wedding etiquette and what's appropriate clobber for such, I've no actual maternity clothes either and have been living in two elastic banded flowy skirts and stretchy vest tops and t shirts from pennys, i had a few of those cheap sun dresses from there too but mostly grown out of them now...something tells me I will not get away with any of this though! Head is actually wrecked from it! Where apart from mothercare does maternity clothes (in Limerick) and what's appropriate for a wedding anyway?! bah! I'm actually ready to give up on clothes altogether, wrap myself in a giant bed sheet and never leave the house again!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

hi cyning im going to mother care on sunday will have a look at buggy again then ..
    h&m do lots of non-maternity vest tops around 8euro have some in maternity section but for now i just bought vest tops in a bigger size.
    last time i was in i got maternity leggings for aroung a tenner....they are a godsend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

nyquistfreak: not the greatest on clothes esp at the moment,its xtra hard when what fits fine on monday doesnt fit on tuesday,and lately when i have a party or something to go to i feel even more pressure to look good. normally i stress out loads about weight/looks/bumpsize and spend the week googling bumpsize/pregnancy skin ,then the day comes and i end up having a great time.
    my advice is treat yourself to a tan and get your hair and make up done on the day(doesnt have to cost the earth ask a friend if you want) then it doesnt matter to much what you wear you will look lovely anyway...enjoy

I've to find something to wear for my own shotgun wedding :D well the legal bit...our actual wedding is next year on the same date! It's in may and I have no idea what to wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Ladies I came across this website when looking for something to wear to ds's communion and fell in love with this dress so for those with weddings ect,here you go!!! I'm still considering it for the communion,co I've a wedding in August and it could do then too

http://www.picchumaternity.com/eu/shop-by-occasion/going-out/grecian-strapless-maxi-maternity-dress.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

That's gorgeous! But I don't think my humongous boobs can do strapless at the moment. I was at a full day wedding yesterday, despite buying 3 maternity dresses, I ended up wearing a Morgan dress, that i have with about 6 yrs that's made with stretchy material. It was very figure hugging, so the bump kinda stood out while the rest looked very slim and elegant, and I felt really nice and sexy in it, 2 girls commented that when they decide to have kids they want to look like me when pregnant! Which was a huge compliment! Even my hubby kept commenting on how sexy I was looking.

But anyway, new look online have a good selection of maternity dresses, and they are very reasonable for something that you won't get a huge amount of wear out of.

I was designated driver last night,obviously. I was worried that I would be bored and want to go home at 1am but it ended up with my hubby coming over to me at 2.30 am asking were we going home any time soon! I had a brilliant time at the wedding. Drunk wedding dancers are so funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Anyone else.s babies love being down low?
    Sometimes Zoey goes down kicking so low that i have to put my legs up high to move her down, very uncomfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    Sometimes Zoey goes down kicking so low that i have to put my legs up high to move her down, very uncomfortable
    I'm the opposite, very high!

I'm very low all of the time: babs rarely moves up or at least I don't feel if they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies,

I had few crazy days.
    We painted nursery green yesterday and today. My back were killing me last few days so I tried swimming and it helped a lot: D
    I'm getting really tired those days and I can't wait for Easter break.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Saurelin wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I had few crazy days.
    We painted nursery green yesterday and today. My back were killing me last few days so I tried swimming and it helped a lot: D
    I'm getting really tired those days and I can't wait for Easter break.

My Back has been bad all week also!especially bad after getting up in mornings! been using hot water bottle and being carefull with anything heavy and bending.

I have started to notice a bit of leakage on my pj top in ams! only small and never during day?????

Just starring to realise how big Im actually getting!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone was looking at the babycook machine...bellababy have it for €99 at the moment just in case it interests someone :)

Java, ya I've been getting some kicks really low too. Also really high up under my ribs within seconds. All over the place pretty much all of the time! Baby really doesn't like loud noises, goes mental kicking. I'm pretty sure s/he's trying to escape sometimes!
    In other news, I may have developed co ice pop addiction...

Java, ya I've been getting some kicks really low too. Also really high up under my ribs within seconds. All over the place pretty much all of the time! Baby really doesn't like loud noises, goes mental kicking. I'm pretty sure s/he's trying to escape sometimes!
    In other news, I may have developed co ice pop addiction...

Today i have eating 3 cool pops nom nom nom eat all the ice pops.
    Had a dream baby was born now that kinda ruined my day so i spent the day googling images of babies born at 26 weeks,
    poor little mites

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Girl for those of us that have found out what your having have you gone and bought pink/blue??
    I found out with ds1 and bought stuff in blue but I'm dying to buy pink things but terrified in case they were wrong even though it was a gender scan,or maybe I still can't believe I'm finally getting my girl. I duno I'm going shopping on Tuesday and torture myself pink window shopping

Have loads of girl clothes tinkerbell!
    Just hanging onto receipts in case !
    Is anyone back to hospital soon? Im back Thursday- can't wait to see zoey again eeek !
    Btw girls with the name Zoey, do ya.s prefer it spelt Zoey or Zoe?

Hubbie baked yummy yummy rolls and homemade minestrone today for lunch: and an eton mess for dessert. He is so amazing :)

Then he cooked dinner later: I love love love being married to a chef!

My baby likes opera-y music: s/he kicks and moves when I play anything like that: it's mad!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    My baby likes opera-y music: s/he kicks and moves when I play anything like that: it's mad!

By that logic then my little one likes the sound of breaking glass and lawn mower engines...I knew this would happen. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »

My baby goes crazy during the songs in Glee!!! Don't know who that says more about...me or baby!

Bought some stuff for baby yesterday, got a few onesies and some vests. I bought short sleeve vests but my mam says I shld have got long sleeve ones! I thought they wld be too warm (presuming we get July type weather!). Maybe I'll just get a pack just in case.

Have loads of girl clothes tinkerbell!
    Just hanging onto receipts in case !
    Is anyone back to hospital soon? Im back Thursday- can't wait to see zoey again eeek !
    Btw girls with the name Zoey, do ya.s prefer it spelt Zoey or Zoe?

Hi Javagal,
    Zoe is top of our list at the moment (has been for ages) but we are def that spelling...I always look at Zoey & wonder what the y is doing there :) I have also never known a Zoe spelt any other way. I think Zoey is the Russian spelling but I could be mistaken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Mine loves Glee too, but then so do I :)
    She also likes to wake me up with a strong kick to the bladder in the morning!

I've bought a few outfits, mainly shortsleeve too, but i have little legwarmer things that can go on arms or legs if needed. And one of my mum's neighbour gave us the most adoreable little spotty fluffy onesie.
    But I'm getting really sick of the colours available. Why does everything need to be pastel?

I am destroyed with stretchmarks.
    I already knew I was prone to them, but they have now appeared on my inner thighs, almost all the way down to my knee. I think my post baby body is going to take a long time to come to terms with!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

I've seen people mentioning stocking up on nappies and wipes etc on other parenting sites. Just wondering though, if bought several packs of nappies and baby grows out of them? Would Tesco or Dunnes or Aldi accept a return thats more than 30 or 60 days even with a reciept? Anyone have any experience of this?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »
    I was designated driver last night,obviously. I was worried that I would be bored and want to go home at 1am but it ended up with my hubby coming over to me at 2.30 am asking were we going home any time soon! I had a brilliant time at the wedding. Drunk wedding dancers are so funny!!

I've enjoyed myself when I've been out since getting preggers, just goes to show you don't need the aul drink. Like a complete mental case, on Saturday I got dressed up and left house at 1am to go meet my OH's band at a biker rally near us. They had finished playing and were tucking into the drink while the next band was on. So baby got a good dose of rock music and lots of belly rubs from big bikers! I was designated driver for the band! I enjoyed myself but we didn't go to bed til 5am! Next day up at 12 and I felt hungover (I didn't drink anything obviously) and like I'd been dancing all night. Knackered!

Nearly all my kicks are down low. It's only when I'm leaning back or on my back that he swims up and digs in nearer belly button or above.
    The Magpie wrote: »
    I've seen people mentioning stocking up on nappies and wipes etc on other parenting sites. Just wondering though, if bought several packs of nappies and baby grows out of them? Would Tesco or Dunnes or Aldi accept a return thats more than 30 or 60 days even with a reciept? Anyone have any experience of this?
    thanks

Just check a recent recept you got from there or next time you're in there check with the customer service desk. That's the only way you're going to really know. I'm not going to risk buying too much stuff and then getting stuck with it if I don't use it/doesn't suit baby etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

The Magpie wrote: »
    thanks

I think I'm just going to buy one pack of the medium sized newborns...haven't looked into it so cant tell you the exact size and then maybe get a couple of the special offer packs for the next size up.
    The way I feel is that they will be on special offer again, so no point panic buying now because if u end up not using them and not ring able to return them well then it's not really a special offer.

Girls are the free baby fair tix gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

My friend had her baby last night!!! So excited for her. they called her Mia. it was funny because i was thinking about her all day yesterday and was convinced yesterday was her.due date and loads of mutual friends were saying it wasnt till next week.

Totally agree about the pastel colours. yuck!! Im buying loads of white with bright things on them. Bought a few things in mothercare on friday but not that impressed with their selection. although I do love the sesame street things!!!

• Advertisement

Kash wrote: »

But I'm getting really sick of the colours available. Why does everything need to be pastel

You & me both Kash...and why do girls clothes have to be pink with fruit, birds or insects designs!
    We will be buying some clothes from the boys section that can fall into unisex & mixing & matching :) we already have some bodysuits that some mums would never put on a little girl as they have monsters etc :D

Advertisement