Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options
1182183184185186188»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Sincerest apologies to all. I am alive and had my baby! I unfortunately have no internet at home so have been completely out of touch! My waters broke over 2 weeks early, I went into hospital and was kept in until they induced me 6 days later,, Michaela Caireann was born on 8th July at 11.22pm weighing 6lbs 11.5 ozs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

March that's fantastic news :) I think we were all quite worried about you! Congratulations x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congrats march, that's great news.
    Its fantatsic that All the July(ish) babies have arrived safe and sound and are all doing well. Well done ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats march! Nice to complete the thread with good news from the op!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Delighted to hear you are well & that your little girl got here safe & sound :) Lovely name :D I was a little worried about you based on your last post so very happy to see your post! Your little girl gives the girls a win by two - not the landslide it was looking like it might have been early on ;)

As the starter of our thread it's nice that your our final birth announcement :D The end of an era ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Fantastic news March! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Mink wrote: »
    notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July - *Girl* BORN 25th July, 7lbs 9oz
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy* - BORN 27th July, 8lbs
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July *Boy* - BORN 29th July, 9lbs 2oz
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July *Girl* - BORN 8th July, 8lbs 11 1/2oz
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 4oz
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl* - BORN 1st Aug, 8lbs 8oz
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy* - BORN 7th Aug, 8lbs 6 1/2oz
    Jennytightlips - 29th July *Boy*- BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy* - BORN 11th August, 8lbs 8oz

Congrats March11!
    I'm going to start the summer babies 2012 thread over on newborns forum. Once I get this monster off my boob :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

So how's everyone getting on?
    What's the one piece of advice you'd give expectant parents? What's the one product you used most in those first few weeks? What was the most useless item you bought/got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

In no particular order I needed :muslins, sleepsuits and vests (x as many as you can) -few sizes just incase, hat, cardigan, booties, nappies (more than 1 type incase doesn`t suit), wipes, bepanthan cream, c-shaped pillow, wish I`d had moby wrap or carrier from birth, an all in one wash, towel, cotton wool pads, blankets (x3), grobag (x2), dodies (x5) with something to carry them in such as small tubberware container, steriliser, couple of different bottle types, electric pump, crib/cot and 2 fitted sheets, if your breastfeeding and having more children i`d suggest a co-sleeper, sleep positioner, monitor - angelcare is the best, bouncer/rocker/swing (x2) for upstairs and downstairs, multi mam compresses and lanisohl cream if your breastfeeding, car seat - with foot muff and rain cover, pram that takes car seat, mirror that goes on the seat the car seat is on so you can see baby in car, baby gym, other small toy that attaches to things, calpol saline spray (if baby is stuffed up with mucus), saline drops which you can buy a pack with single use sachets in case there eyes are sore or something is in them, food in the freezer etc, postnatal vitamins, witch hazel, big pads, changing bag, extra changing mat for when you need to wash the one from the bag or for downstairs, this might sound awful but a sterile bobby pin to use the end to get out buggers cause nothin else is small enough and if you have a stuffed up baby who can`t breath you will be desperate and fyi saline spray every hour they`re sppose to swallow the mucus its not suppose to come out there nose, i got a set of 4 baskets in dunnes and they were very useful - have vests and muslins in one, sleepsuits in another, night stuff in one beside bed (change clothes, nappies,cream,wipes,muslin,mat) and all his stuff llike creams etc in the last.

Most impotantly thou a good support network!

Theg81der has pretty much covered everything.

The only other thing I'd add is don't buy loads of clothes before baby is born, as you will get so much stuff it's actually sinful.
    I just had a few packs of babygros and vests, as you can never have enough of them.

I found the sleep positioner thing great for the first few weeks as N was really petite when she was born and it just made the Moses basket a bit cosier.

The only one thing I'd change is saying 'no' to 3/4 of the visitors for the first week or two. I had a week in hospital and I think I really benefitted from the rest, but I wasnt baby tired in the first few weeks but tired from visitors. There are a lot that turn up unannounced so be prepared for that! (or maybe that's just out families!) It also meant that daddy spent all his time making tea instead of bonding with his baby!

• Advertisement

Ginny wrote: »
    What's the one piece of advice you'd give expectant parents? What's the one product you used most in those first few weeks? What was the most useless item you bought/got?

My nappy changing table is definately the most used: I would not be without it! Oh and muslins: you can NEVER have too many muslins. And a thermometer. Still haven't used my baby monitor 14 weeks in and an Angelcare is my idea of my worst nightmare: different strokes I guess!

Most useless was my bath thermometer that when I was pregnant I had more than one freak out over in case I burned baby... used it twice and my little girl prefers her water hotter then the thermometer says.

Best advice: just enjoy it! Don't worry about the small stuff: the house will be messier then you're used to, your washing machine will spend all day going and you'll eat more take away: but relax and take it easy and enjoy: and make sure you have langer loads of neurofen in the house. Stitches hurt!!

Ginny wrote: »

Haha this thread is still going! Will we ever feck off? Probably not...

Wee man is 10 weeks today.

Advice? Accept help and don't get out of bed for the first week. I had a homebirth and wore myself out the next morning trying to clean up for visitors. I also tried a long walk somewhere in the first week and it absolutely knocked me and I wasn't right after. Rest rest rest, no one cares what your house is like. I put off some visitors until the end of the second week as I was just not up to it. Let your mother in law clean if she offers, mine was scrubbing my house for the first weeks which was brilliant :D

Other advice... it's okay to put the baby down and go to the loo, eat etc. We had this weird notion that you had to hold the baby all the time he was awake which is nuts.

Thing I used most? I only use muslins for over the shoulder burping, I use bibs for each feed and go through loads a day. I don't know what else I used specifically, just nappies, vests, grows, bottles (for top ups)

Most useless item? I had waaayyy too many vests and grows, he didn't wear a lot of them before growing out of them. I'd bought packs of them before he was born but then got given more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The time has flown...

My 'must have' items: bibs - you can never have too many. And pyjama bags (grobags/whatever they are called).

My 'don't waste your dough' things: cellular blankets. We bought 3 and they live in the dresser, she learned to kick them off in the first week and was big enough for the pyjama bag at birth. Baby nail clippers - she's far too wiggly, I'm far too freaked. I just nibble her little nails when she's sleepy.

My 'love it' items: a changing table with attached mobile - it always caught her attention. The tummy tub - she adores it, and bath time is awesome.
    Giant fluffy baby towels with hoods. And Sophie the Giraffe for teething :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I miss this thread!!!
    One of must have items is a baby chair/bouncer/swing x2. One for sitting room and one for kitchen. Even an extra one for the house you visit most! I'm always calling to my mom and had nowhere to plonk junior while having a cuppa, so I brought his spare swing to her house.

Those baby nail clippers are lethal. I file his nails with an emery board, no risk of nicking him (have never tried nibbling them myself)

And yeah, a 2nd bouncer/chair. When you are bringing them around the house when you're doing you're bits and pieces, you need another place to plonk them upstairs. And little toys in different areas as well to keep them amused (once they are old enough to actually see things)

I think romper/play suits (the little suits with short arms and legs - they are outer wear, not vests) are only of any use when it's really really hot out. I have about 10 that people gave me and I used two of them once.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Apart from all the usual stuff, I found the baby formula measure thing from boots excellent, it has 3 compartments that you put the scoops into so you have your pre measured amounts x 3 ready for the night ahead and you're not trying to measure out formula with a baby crying/spilling it etc. Also the bathing chair that's in the Argos catalogue, it's approx €20, you just fill your sink, put chair in and sit baby into it, no stress, still using it at 16 wks and she loves it, final things are the more obvious swing chair/bouncers and the floor mats with overhead mobiles to entertain baby so mammy can get something done for a few mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Most needed for me was bibs and more bibs.

Ive also never used the nappy bin thing even though is was on my must have list!
    The vibrating chair is a total god send as is the baby floor gym and mickey mouse!

Found out this day last year I was pregnant!! My little girl is now 15 weeks,so to anyone who just found out your pregnant or is about to pop, get ready for the most amazing rollercoaster of your life. I have made some amazing ,hopefully life long friends (and future son in law!!) on here who, without, I doubt I would of enjoyed the experience so much! Hoping one of them sprog up at the same time as me again!!. I'm thinking mink probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

March11 wrote: »
    Apart from all the usual stuff, I found the baby formula measure thing from boots excellent, it has 3 compartments that you put the scoops into so you have your pre measured amounts x 3 ready for the night ahead and you're not trying to measure out formula with a baby crying/spilling it etc. Also the bathing chair that's in the Argos catalogue, it's approx €20, you just fill your sink, put chair in and sit baby into it, no stress, still using it at 16 wks and she loves it, final things are the more obvious swing chair/bouncers and the floor mats with overhead mobiles to entertain baby so mammy can get something done for a few mins!

How are you doing missus? Are you on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi girls,I havnt been on this in I don't know how long,I completly forgot about ye sorry.hope all babies are doing well.I'm on a crap phone so ye are going to have to tell me what ye all had/ names and how they are doing now.

I don't know if I told ye but I had a little girl on 24th june. She was iugr (in utro growth restriction) and had stopped growing at 34weeks.she was born at 38±5 by emergency section weighing 5lb 3.she had had a mass of brain scans and blood tests and has had a rocky time.she currently only weighs 10lb 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi girls,I havnt been on this in I don't know how long,I completly forgot about ye sorry.hope all babies are doing well.I'm on a crap phone so ye are going to have to tell me what ye all had/ names and how they are doing now.

I don't know if I told ye but I had a little girl on 24th june. She was iugr (in utro growth restriction) and had stopped growing at 34weeks.she was born at 38±5 by emergency section weighing 5lb 3.she had had a mass of brain scans and blood tests and has had a rocky time.she currently only weighs 10lb 8.

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    Hoping one of them sprog up at the same time as me again!!. I'm thinking mink probably!

You are mental :D Not a hope

My money is on Cyning and Twomums2be

Jesus just got fright of my life, sounded like wee man was being murdered over the monitor, the feckin noise out of him. I rush in and he's sound asleep with a big frown on him.

Will PM you there Tinkerbell...

Mink wrote: »
    You are mental :D Not a hope

My money is on Cyning and Twomums2be

Haha here's hoping :D I'm totall mad obviously because God knows pregnancy doesn't suit me!!

cyning wrote: »

Haha here's hoping :D I'm totall mad obviously because God knows pregnancy doesn't suit me!!

It cld be very different next time Cyning, only one way to find out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oscar_kob

Hello,

I'm sure by now you have your lovely healthy babies so I don't know if there's anyone out there who can help me. I was just wondering where you got your birth pools from. I'm due for a homebirth in Feb and I don't have a pool yet. I've been looking on eBay but they're about E150 and I have to raise E1600 for a deposit and a months rent in advance by mid Jan all out of E186 a week :O Ergo I was wondering if any of you are getting rid of or know where I could borrow a birth pool from? I've heard you can get liners for about E30.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy times with your babies. Wish me luck.

x x x

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

So a year after all the babies were born 15 of us met up to have a little celebration. Thanks to all the July (Aug) mammies, you kept me sane for the last year and a half!

Right there with you on that: keeping me sane that is :)

Advertisement