Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning that sucks about the scan, prob would of only taken ten minutes of their time.
    Chin up doll, i just know you.ll have the most easy,fastest labour,and baby pops out and you'll think maybe it was worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Cyning I would have been soooooooooo annoyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have another scan in three weeks and am going to be scanned every four weeks after that untill 34 weeks then every two weeks-ish I was just sooo looking forward to today :( I was so disapointed. I want to know what I'm having!

I really don't want to go for a private scan because at this rate by the time i have babs I'm going to have had at least 12 scans: which is more than enough in one pregnancy: plus I'd have to drive at least an hour and a half and I get travel sick!!

On plus side furniture thats going into babs room is getting delivered Friday: can't wait! Now I just must get cot :)

I can't wait for my fast easy labour and a little babs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

cyning wrote: »
    I have another scan in three weeks and am going to be scanned every four weeks after that untill 34 weeks then every two weeks-ish

Scanorexia?? ;)

(Sorry, I'm gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Aw Cyning, that's not nice at all. It must be so frustrating for you!

I'm just so achey - the hoovering needs doing, but bending over to plug it in brought tears to my eyes, so now it's just staring at me... can't wait for hubby to be back - looking after a house and 3 pets alone is tough when you are preggers!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    I have another scan in three weeks and am going to be scanned every four weeks after that untill 34 weeks then every two weeks-ish I was just sooo looking forward to today :( I was so disapointed. I want to know what I'm having!

I really don't want to go for a private scan because at this rate by the time i have babs I'm going to have had at least 12 scans: which is more than enough in one pregnancy: plus I'd have to drive at least an hour and a half and I get travel sick!!

On plus side furniture thats going into babs room is getting delivered Friday: can't wait! Now I just must get cot :)

I can't wait for my fast easy labour and a little babs!!

Cyning try to have some fun guessing. The chinese calender said I was having a boy and the heartbeat thing worked (under 140 boy over girl - mine was 136 consistently so worked for me!). You`ll know in 4 weeks so enjoy the waiting - you can only find out once as cool as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash wrote: »

I'm just so achey - the hoovering needs doing, but bending over to plug it in brought tears to my eyes, so now it's just staring at me... can't wait for hubby to be back - looking after a house and 3 pets alone is tough when you are preggers!

I know not hoovering with 3 pets is impossible...we just have one goldie but I swear she is trying to shed a carpet! BUT if it caused you that much pain to plug the thing in then don't do it today...you hurt yourself pretty badly & your body needs to recover. Is there anybody around who would give the house a quick hoover for you? If not it will still be there tomorrow & you might be feeling a little better if you rest today :)

This morning our little one must have got her hand or foot stuck in my rib...ouch! I flipped over (I use that term very loosely) & thankfully slam dunking the baby to the other side worked! I really hope that doesn't become a habit...she full on kicked my partner in the jaw 3 times last night while they were having their evening chat :D I found it very funny but she always kicks away mad oh to her voice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

The best €30 we spend every week is on our cleaner! We've two big hairy dogs and despite being outside most of the day, they still manage to wreck the place! We only have an average 3 bed semi, but I was finding it increasingly difficult to keep on top of everything. The cleaner usually comes in on a monday or tuesday, so I only have to top it up at the weekend. I don't know myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

theg81der wrote: »
    Cyning try to have some fun guessing. The chinese calender said I was having a boy and the heartbeat thing worked (under 140 boy over girl - mine was 136 consistently so worked for me!). You`ll know in 4 weeks so enjoy the waiting - you can only find out once as cool as it is!

whats a chinese calendar?? im one of the"not finding out ones"....whoose doing everything in her power to find out

any1 want to play?

Heartbeats?
    If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140.

Carrying High, Carrying Low?
    The way you are carrying during your pregnancy is one of the most oft cited ways of determining the sex of your baby. The general story goes that, if you're carrying low, you're having a boy. If you are carrying high, then you must be having a girl.

Craving Something…Sweet?
    Many people believe that your cravings are caused by the sex of your baby. So, if you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl. Does the idea of drinking straight lemon juice sound delicious to you? Then those sour cravings are a result of the little boy inside of you.

Weight Gain?
    The belief is that, if your husband puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl. If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy.

Is your Face Round and Full?
    If people tell you that because your face is round and rosy you are having a girl, they might be right - but it's just as likely that they are wrong!

Look in the mirror at your breasts. If the right one is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl (if they're the same size, does that mean you're having one of each?).

H old a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. This can also be done by suspending a ring on a string above your belly.

Do you have acne? Some believe that getting acne during your pregnancy indicates you're carrying a girl. Maybe the acne is caused by twice the amount of female hormones?

Pick up a key. If you've picked it up by the thinner end, you're having a girl. Picking it up by the bottom, rounder part means a boy is on the way. Did you pick it up by the middle? Then congratulations! You're having twins!

Ask yourself what you think you're having. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71% of the time.

well it passes mondays at work anyway!!...cyning it might cheer you up;)

• Advertisement

Haha, where did you get that mmmn...chicken? That's great...definately going to try a few of them.

What if you know there's only one baby, but going by those they suggest twins?

A friend had her 20 week scan last week, and was told that that baby was 70% girl! We burst out laughing when she told us, we were like what's the other 30%!

whats a chinese calendar?? im one of the"not finding out ones"....whoose doing everything in her power to find out look it up you put in your details and it`ll tell you. Was accurate for me.

any1 want to play?

Heartbeats?
    If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140. Worked for me 136 and I`m having a boy.

The way you are carrying during your pregnancy is one of the most oft cited ways of determining the sex of your baby. The general story goes that, if you're carrying low, you're having a boy. If you are carrying high, then you must be having a girl. Defo true I look like I have abig belly and nothing else.

Craving Something…Sweet?
    Many people believe that your cravings are caused by the sex of your baby. So, if you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl. Does the idea of drinking straight lemon juice sound delicious to you? Then those sour cravings are a result of the little boy inside of you. Oh my God mad for lemon and oranges so true for me.

Weight Gain?
    The belief is that, if your husband puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl. If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy. Hubby has lost weight so true for me.

If people tell you that because your face is round and rosy you are having a girl, they might be right - but it's just as likely that they are wrong! Em....not round but I`m getting an extra chin defo.

Look in the mirror at your breasts. If the right one is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl (if they're the same size, does that mean you're having one of each?). No

H old a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. This can also be done by suspending a ring on a string above your belly. Never tried it will do later.

Do you have acne? Some believe that getting acne during your pregnancy indicates you're carrying a girl. Maybe the acne is caused by twice the amount of female hormones? No more than usual and been told I`m glowing.

Pick up a key. If you've picked it up by the thinner end, you're having a girl. Picking it up by the bottom, rounder part means a boy is on the way. Did you pick it up by the middle? Then congratulations! You're having twins! Weird

Ask yourself what you think you're having. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71% of the time. Yep we were sure it was a boy.

well it passes mondays at work anyway!!...cyning it might cheer you up;)

Fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Has anyone else noticed that as the weeks go by, their walking speed is getting slower and slower?

My OH is picking up a 2nd hand iPhone for me tonight. He realised how bereft I was without one (it was the only remotely cool object I owned & was worth more than my car!) and he's getting it as my birthday present (which is not far off). I could kiss him to death right now. He's been searching for them & bidding since the theft unbeknownst to me!

Someone was talking re hoovering earlier, I stopped hoovering somewhere around Christmas. Mainly because of my back at the time but now OH does it and won't let me. We have a lot of awkward stairs in our house & I'm fairly clumsy on our stairs as it is so I'm banned from the hoover.

If you can, get a cleaner in or persuade your OH to do it.

Does anyone elses partner put their ear up against your belly when baby kicking & then report back that they can hear the kicks & thumps as well as feel them? We had great fun last night with this as baby was going bananas in there. Kicks still getting stronger and stronger, I reckon he'll crack one of my ribs by the end!

Mink wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that as the weeks go by, their walking speed is getting slower and slower?

My OH is picking up a 2nd hand iPhone for me tonight. He realised how bereft I was without one (it was the only remotely cool object I owned & was worth more than my car!) and he's getting it as my birthday present (which is not far off). I could kiss him to death right now. He's been searching for them & bidding since the theft unbeknownst to me!

Someone was talking re hoovering earlier, I stopped hoovering somewhere around Christmas. Mainly because of my back at the time but now OH does it and won't let me. We have a lot of awkward stairs in our house & I'm fairly clumsy on our stairs as it is so I'm banned from the hoover.

If you can, get a cleaner in or persuade your OH to do it.

Does anyone elses partner put their ear up against your belly when baby kicking & then report back that they can hear the kicks & thumps as well as feel them? We had great fun last night with this as baby was going bananas in there. Kicks still getting stronger and stronger, I reckon he'll crack one of my ribs by the end!

Aw Mink, your hubby is so sweet! It's terrible how attached to these items we are. I left mine at home today (baby brain!) and I feel totally detached from the world.

If boyf lies into me, kinda leaning into my belly a little bit, the baby goes crazy. He loves that the baby is doing this to me and won't move. I'm feeling tons of movement, but by the time I grab his hand, baby has stopped so he's only felt it once or twice properly.

And on the walking thing...snails pace doesn't even cover it!ha! I used to walk a lot before I got pregnant and haven't been as disciplined in the last few months. But I used to be always giving out to himself for being so slow. On Sunday, we went for a walk and I was telling him to slow down, even though I thought I was walking at my normal pace!

Would love to get hubby to do the hoovering, but he's not home until the 14th. Can I leave it until then? :D

Seriously, I'd be ankle deep in dog fur. A cleaner would be great for a few days, I was thinking of getting one in before the baby is born to give the house a real proper once over. I was doing fine following the flylady routine before getting knocked up, but have been really lax in the last few weeks!

I hear you about the walking speed. I am getting slower and slower, and have a tendancy to waddle if no-one is looking!!

Also... how nice is that?! Your hubby sounds like a real sweetheart :)

If anyone has health insurance with Aviva, they cover a couple of visits from a cleaner once you have baby, or you can take the cash...think its something like €120.
    I might not be right on the exact details, but i'm 100% sure it is available. It's worth checking your plan.

Mink,
    My partner won't let me hoover since I got pregnant even though I asked the doc who said it was fine, she still prefers me not to which is of course fine with me :)
    She also has been listening to my belly from before I could feel kicks & was able to just hear the fluid back then but now can hear movement & kicks now :) she loves it as its something just for her! Ours was going bonkers last night also for some reason :D
    Walking speed has slowed down a decent bit by now & I guess will just get slower but still trying to get 3/4 3km walks in a week :)

im the same with the slow walking im nearly like a crab !

Heartbeats?
    If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140.

Baby's heart rate is definately above 140 but that could be down to me: so girl!!
    The way you are carrying during your pregnancy is one of the most oft cited ways of determining the sex of your baby. The general story goes that, if you're carrying low, you're having a boy. If you are carrying high, then you must be having a girl.
    Carrying low: so boy!!
    Craving Something…Sweet?
    Many people believe that your cravings are caused by the sex of your baby. So, if you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl. Does the idea of drinking straight lemon juice sound delicious to you? Then those sour cravings are a result of the little boy inside of you.
    I have sweet and sour craving... hmmm... more sweet I guess so girl! But I love sour skittles and sour push pops so :confused:
    Weight Gain?
    The belief is that, if your husband puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl. If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy.
    He's lost 31 pounds: so I'm having neither :D
    If people tell you that because your face is round and rosy you are having a girl, they might be right - but it's just as likely that they are wrong!
    I've lost weight from my face so boy!!
    Look in the mirror at your breasts. If the right one is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl (if they're the same size, does that mean you're having one of each?).
    Larger right one: its all stretch marked too!! So boy!
    H old a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. This can also be done by suspending a ring on a string above your belly.
    Back and forth so boy!!
    Do you have acne? Some believe that getting acne during your pregnancy indicates you're carrying a girl. Maybe the acne is caused by twice the amount of female hormones?
    I do have acne but then I always do so : girl??!
    Pick up a key. If you've picked it up by the thinner end, you're having a girl. Picking it up by the bottom, rounder part means a boy is on the way. Did you pick it up by the middle? Then congratulations! You're having twins!
    Rounder part: boy!
    Ask yourself what you think you're having. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71% of the time.
    Today I think its a girl!!

lso hyperemesis sufferers are more likely to have a girl than a boy: -officially 58% have girls. But on a lot of sites with polls 75-80% have girls...

Chinese calender says boy!!

So on balance: old wives tales would say I'm having a boy :D

Have those Baby Fair tickets sorted with SMA finally, saved 20 euro, not too shabby.

Yes he is a good guy my OH. I'm good to him too so it's back and forth (though I know I'm a bit selfish sometimes, I try my best not to be, I'm very much the pregnant princess!)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has developed a waddle. Someone said to me today that I have a very neat bump for 6 months. I was delighted as I feel absolutely massive especially after comparing to that girl who's like 7 1/2 months and her bump is 1/2 the size of mine!

Twomums I'm the same in that I really like that OH can experience listening to the baby in the belly. It's something only he can do, I can't exactly bend down to do that!

Cyning bet you're having a boy. I'll bet you're going to feel amazing after you give birth, you'll finally get your body back to normal and not have to suffer. You really are a tough cookie!

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmmn..chicken viewpost.gif
    Heartbeats?

I think it was 158 - Girl

Quote:
    Carrying high (I think): Girl

Quote:
    Craving Something…Sweet?
    Very much the sweet tooth: Girl

Quote:
    Weight Gain?
    He's lost weight: Boy I guess?

Quote:
    I think it's fuller: Girl

Quote:
    Larger left one (my left right?): Girl

Quote:
    Hold a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. This can also be done by suspending a ring on a string above your belly.
    Back and forth: Boy
    Quote:
    Pizza face: Girl

Quote:
    I can't do this as I'd be purposely picking up the rounder end cos I am actually having a boy!

Quote:
    I actually thought it was going to be a girl!!

Haha per all this I'm definitely supposed to be having a girl. However, there is no mistaking that little willy & balls on the scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Haha, love the guesswork ladies. I was convinced I was having a boy but that very reliable Chinese gender chart was right all along about it being a girl - I won't be so sceptical next time ;)

My Oh is working soooo much lately it's driving me nuts. He leaves the house before 8 & isn't home till about 8 in the evening - the commute is only about 20 mins by bike... I hope this changes when babs arrives because we've no family around us! And hormonal me is having a fit about it today because when he was finishing his phd he came home to dinner cooked almost every evening and nothing else to do but relax... now when I'm finishing my phd I still have to cook dinner for us most days, clean the place, work 2 jobs, freak out about maternity leave & money on a daily basis AND be pregnant! What's worse is he keeps on about what an easy pregnancy I'm having - and yes, compared to some of you ladies I'm flying through it without too many worries but still have aches, pains & tiredness & scared that the little one will come too early. Ahhhhhhh! :mad:

Rant over - he's the best in the world 99% of the time but of course hormonal me is focusing on the 1%... I remember somebody on here was having trouble with a lazy husband - did ye ever get him sorted!?

did yas watch one born?
    see that lady who wanted a c section cause the celebrities do it and they're all stick thin after
    silly cow

Yes she bugged the life out of me: a section is major surgery. I have no problem if anyone makes a decision that they want a section but not because celebrities do it... people should be allowed a choice: but an educated choice should not involve celebrities!!!

/rant/

I woke up this morning, rolled over - realised I could roll over without groaning or moaning - and got up to do a little dance! My ab pain is gone!!

Still have the normal stretch aches and stuff, but no longer feeel like i'm about to split like an overripe orange. The relief is unbelieveable! I'm grinning away to myself like a loony :)

I'm passing on my feeling good vibes - hopefully they are contagious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Well done Kash!

Had a chat with OH last night and I was of course over-reacting in my last post. Bloody hormones! Things could always be worse :o

Want to go for a swim today but still waiting on my maternity swimsuit to be delivered, trying to decide whether to use my old one and risk bursting out of it like I did last week :p

MamaH, if you can still squeeze into it, then go for it.
    You could always put a t-shirt on over the top?

Speaking of t-shirts, has anyone else had any boob leakage?

I thought it was a bit early, but my boobs do not agree - I had two wet patches on my t-shirt this morning! I suppose it is a sign that breast feeding should be possible? I've been a little bit concerned as my Mum was not able to breast feed at all. I guess i should go out and buy some breast pads or something...

That's super Kash, it must feel great to finally feel better but don't go overdoing it today in celebration ;)

MamaHeidi, those hormones are terrible...I am on the ferry over to the UK and had to leave my furry baby in the hold (we got her from the UK so she travelled back in the hold at 8 weeks) but I had a tear in my eye walking away....I am sure if people saw me they would think I'm a loon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

MamaH, if you can still squeeze into it, then go for it.
    You could always put a t-shirt on over the top?

Speaking of t-shirts, has anyone else had any boob leakage?

I thought it was a bit early, but my boobs do not agree - I had two wet patches on my t-shirt this morning! I suppose it is a sign that breast feeding should be possible? I've been a little bit concerned as my Mum was not able to breast feed at all. I guess i should go out and buy some breast pads or something...

Yes I have had leakage! Only happens when I give them a small squeeze. I don't do it too often but it was a bit of a novelty at first and a shock!!! Made the whole thing seem a bit more real!!!

• Advertisement

I have no boobage leaks yet, Wonder is it a case that women who leak will have no problem with the breast feeding and women with none will find it hard to get milk in. I really wanna breastfeed as much as possible.

Advertisement