Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donedeal and the likes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

I have to say that Evac 101s posts made sense to me, before the whole thread turned into a rambling debate. The worst I could have accused her of was looking at things a little too scientifically and perhaps a little pedantic.

@Evac 101

This forum, by its very nature, is an extremely emotive one and the debates/discussions go way off topic sometimes. That's why, despite being a longtime reader of the forum, I rarely post on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have to say that Evac 101s posts made sense to me, before the whole thread turned into a rambling debate. The worst I could have accused her of was looking at things a little too scientifically and perhaps a little pedantic.

@Evac 101

This forum, by its very nature, is an extremely emotive one and the debates/discussions go way off topic sometimes. That's why, despite being a longtime reader of the forum, I rarely post on it.

Well it depends on how you define the topic. But you have only posted 14 posts in two years in the whole of Boards so maybe you do not appreciate the way that discussions progress. In any event it shouldn't prevent you from posting as you can keep your posts on topic - unlike your last one ;)

A lot of the discussion here results from one poster replying directly to another so there can be discussions within the main discussion. So, for example, one of the consequences of buying from an irresponsible breeder could be the lack of genetic testing but it is also valid to discuss whether that testing is of value.

Any chance of you translating Evac's posts for the rest of us :D ?

...... and be accused of trolling DD, I think not ;)

...... and be accused of trolling DD, I think not ;)

Being accused of trolling is almost a qualification for posting here :D
    With your wit you should post more often - this forum needs more humour.

Boogeywoogie Discodog would be a great screen name !

Your off topic post has been moved to the photos thread.

• Advertisement

Maybe the Mods could move you post to the "Introduce Yourself" forum - oh we don't appear to have one, now there's a good idea !

Well even though you are 2 years late - welcome :D

Your off topic post has been moved to the photos thread.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

I wish there was more information on the health of dogs in Ireland, particularly on specific breeds, and on the health of dogs by their source.

The only non-anecdotal information on dogs from show breeders vs dogs from bybs and puppy farms I could find was a study on scotties, and we don't know if it can be generalised to other breeds. 1687 dogs in the survey, and there was no difference between the dogs bred by show breeders and the dogs from bybs and puppy mills health-wise, which is very surprising and not at all what they were expecting. "The empirical evidence indicates that the best shot — even if a long shot — at a long-lived Scottie is from a non-professional breeder."- Harvill (from Great Scots Magazine, 2005).

I still would say it's good to look at health testing, only buy from people who keep their dogs well and happy (i.e. not puppy farmers), and look at the pedigrees to check the names aren't repeated if possible (not too inbred, another problem with puppy farm dogs).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I have to say that Evac 101s posts made sense to me, before the whole thread turned into a rambling debate.
    +1
    Evac 101 was making perfect sense to me. I really don't see why people felt compelled to drag it out of him, particullary after he gave reasons why he didn't want to reopen the "can-o-worms".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a gentle nudge to ask for us all to try and get back on topic - I know there's a bit of rambling but there's good discussion too so please lets try and keep that going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement