Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 plaguemarine 11

Blazer wrote: »
    RustySpoon wrote: »
    Think this has been a bone of contention for some, but think if a poll was done that most regulars would think the autobalancer works and leads to even and close games more often that not.

Agreed..only 1 or 2 people did not like the autobalancer which was why we left it on. If you look back through this thread you'll see this.
    Maplist looks good although I'm going to miss Caspian and Firestorm..

The current auto balancer is in need of fixing . Getting switched right at the end of a round is pointless and will piss you right off to boot . Should I point out that the insane balancer was less ...well insane :)

How many aircraft maps do we have now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The current auto balancer is in need of fixing . Getting switched right at the end of a round is pointless and will piss you right off to boot . Should I point out that the insane balancer was less ...well insane :)

How many aircraft maps do we have now ?

Zero as far as I know :(
    Would definitely like to see at least Kharg or Firestorm in there and maps like Sharqi back in the mix as well. Karkand is definitely too small I feel with only 3 maps. Also one round of conquest per map is more than enough I think.
    Voting is good though..hopefully the plugin developer gets it updated shortly for the CQ maps etc.

Hey..at least you got switched to winning team ;)
    The problem with the balancer which Gaelic was unaware of was that we have a plugin called Squad-enforcer which puts everyone into a squad at the start of a round.
    Because squad switch was turned off in Insane Balanacer this meant that it would only balance people not in a squad ..so you can see the problem :)
    I've let Gaelic know about it and he'll disable/enable one or the other to get the balancer working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

yeah agreed Karkand 3 flags ... awful , US side will always win.

Take C and enemy have no tanks.other 2 flags fall quickly after that.so the map becomes more of skirmish than a battle

still Most maps were ok. some reason I Like firestorm . why is it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

For the numbers that were on last night, that karkand was a good size although we could've dumped the vehicles.

As for balancing, Insane balancer did pretty much the same, ask lycan it swapped him enough times.

I never swapped sides last nite . That was plague. he hopped to the winning side 4 times and was blaming auto balance.

Actually is there a way it can be setup to balance more frequently

On Peak last nite , in defense , we were down 3men for first 2 sets of MCOMS and it didn't seem to kick in until the third set of MCOMS.

• Advertisement

I was going on about before with the old balancer, you complained about it enough and it affecting the W\L ratio.

Nothing can save my W/L ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Joeface wrote: »
    Nothing can save my W/L ratio.

Stats wipe...................Although all my stats are rubbish, I just couldn't do it.

No no no , can't do stats wipe , that's just low.

I accept my flaws in the game. Stats wipe is morally wrong :D

Nevrmind him rusty he's too cheap to get premium.

• Advertisement

there is a fairly wide line between bankrupt and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I accept my flaws in the game. Stats wipe is morally wrong :D

yeah i'm the same, my K/D ratio is .5 or something like that, but i like seeing it go up (or down depending on how you look at it)

I like to see my improvement through the games and when i finally hit the 1 i will procede to get very VERY drunk that night

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Hi Guys,
    We've removed Kharkhand as most didnt like it and it was a bit unbalanced and put the conquest rounds to 1. We've now also added in Gulf Of Oman on Conquest (normal), which has 4flag points, jets, transport and attack heli's...Let us know what you think!

Leinster7 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    We've removed Kharkhand as most didnt like it and it was a bit unbalanced and put the conquest rounds to 1. We've now also added in Gulf Of Oman on Conquest (normal), which has 4flag points, jets, transport and attack heli's...Let us know what you think!

Why not put in Firestorm as it seems to be more popular than Gulf of Oman?

Blazer wrote: »
    Why not put in Firestorm as it seems to be more popular than Gulf of Oman?

Right now, just 2 people asking for Firestorm, both admins! If people want it, then you guys should add it in. Perhaps see if its popular this weekend. I'm watching to see if certain maps clear people out and just trying to guage opinion from the regulars. At the outset we said we'd try to keep the bigger maps out of it until we had the server full all the time and maybe could push it up to 48 players, so now we have GoO, which is pretty large, espeically if you're swimming in from the carrier :0

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Gulf Of Oman is crap and will make a lot of people leave.

The auto balancer that was on before was mostly ok, it didn't move people to often during a game but what it did wrong was break up peoples squads even if they didn't move sides.

Just had a look at your map rotation why havent you added some of the most popular ones??

Bazaar, Seine Rush and Metro Conquest are not there??????????

Yes, squads won't be broken up now Mick.
    Gulf Of Oman Rush has been very popular since we put it in there.
    Conquest we'll try tonight and see what everyone thinks. How do you feel about firestorm Mick?

Remember, there is always 'map vote' on the server too!

Jaysus poor old gaelic and dewinters hasn't even started yet. Welcome to craggy where noones ever happy.

lol im not a member of craggy just a helpful voice lol

I dont mind it on rush but on conquest no way.

Metro conquest is a must do :)

haha! Well, we can't please eveyone 100% of the time but we'll do our best! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

lol im not a member of craggy just a helpful voice lol

I dont mind it on rush but on conquest no way.

Metro conquest is a must do :)

Personally I don't think firestorm is good on rush and same for metro on conquest but if more want these we'll add them

Metro conquest is by far the most popular map.

Firestorm is ok on rush but alot better on conquest and a hell of a lot better the omen conquest

p.s. the voting is a good option do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'd prefer firestorm myself. Why not have both? Caspian too!

If there's people there, i'd be for both but there's no worse maps when there's 10 or less playing them.

If there's people there, i'd be for both but there's no worse maps when there's 10 or less playing them.

I remember Shamrock had a plugin that would change the maps depending on the amount of players in it..
    Would it work in conjunction with the votemap plugin in lets say if 0-10 players in it would give a list of city or smaller maps for voting and it it went above say 16 players it would then include maps for voting like caspian/kharg/firestorm etc in it?

I think you need 48-64 players for caspian, kharg etc personally and most new players to Battlefield series, (prob about 70% of bf3 community) want the smaller maps, more intense action. This is the reasoning behind my map changes and votemap and others...I'm selling the server to the public community!

My personal suggestion is to get the server to being full every afternoon/evening -32P- with good patronage from the public community then expand it to 48/64 and put the bigger maps in. (I see a lot of 32p servers empty when kharg conquest comes in the rotation...)

Otherwise. the other route is that we can do as before and just put maps on the server that the Craggy clan want and the server will probably just have the craggy clan on it, which as Horse says can be 8-10 players only some nights. Perhaps it makes more sense to do this with the 16man server...

Metro conquest is by far the most popular map.

Firestorm is ok on rush but alot better on conquest and a hell of a lot better the omen conquest

p.s. the voting is a good option do

Metro Conquest - 64 player is the most popular as its a stat-padding/levelling up map. imo, extremely unskilled and quite boring at times.

The most popular competitive maps are actually the City Rush maps and Grand Bazaar on conquest. BF3 stats has some good info ;)

If everyone wants a 32 or 48 player Metro Conquest only server then hey... we'll provide..

x

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Leinster7 wrote: »

x

Was that a kiss at the end of your post GW????

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Was that a kiss at the end of your post GW????

Yes. I'm a lover not a fighter. I come with defribs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Whatever about maps and auto balancers, i wanna know 1 thing and 1 thing only where is my free beer.......

Also can we change the "X took Y from behind" to something like 'X sodomised Y' Or 'X took advantage of Y's innocence' or something else I dont think I can take/give it to ancapill or overlord from behind any more :p

Advertisement