Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    great idea :) forgot about the double xp weekend,...when is that any way?
    I think it's this weekend coming.

Just an FYI, I think the 35k metro server takes between 14 and 18 hours usually to finish one game. That could be used as a basis...

I think it'd be class if we ran Seine and Bazaar in rotation on maybe 10k tickets for that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

10k is still too much

nothing worse that not been there to win /lose the round.

5-8K is more than enough and with Double XP ....rank up in a single round is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah we were thinking
    Bazaar -6K
    Caspian-6K instant vehicle spawn
    Seine- 6K

Firestorm 6K
    and Kharg 6K

Firestorm maybe...two big maps, two small maps....?

• Advertisement

SIDE QUESTION

is it possible to alter the kind off vehicles that spawn . say on firestorm instead of the Huey and Z-11 , may be the little bird and WZ-11 and so it can defend itself some bit and still carry ppl.

Nope, not possible unfortunately.

When you think about it, it shows how terribly designed the game servers are. For example, a mortar kill is reported the same as a vehicle kill, so if you ban vehicles you have to ban mortars as well - and vice versa. The servers should be reporting every weapon and every vehicle differently. Some of the weapons aren't even spelled properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ohhhhhhhhhh

that explains a lot!

also i dunno if its just due to the times i'd be online but a lot of times i check craggy and its a 4 player game with 0 people.

Is there a time limit on these games if there is nobody in there or does it wait till people are in there before things start counting? just seems to be on 0/4 most of the time i look

danniemcq wrote: »
    also i dunno if its just due to the times i'd be online but a lot of times i check craggy and its a 4 player game with 0 people.

Is there a time limit on these games if there is nobody in there or does it wait till people are in there before things start counting? just seems to be on 0/4 most of the time i look
    No, the max number of players allowed on the server automatically changes based on the number of players on the server. If one person joins, the max players increases to 8, if 5 are on the server and another joins, the number increases to 16 etc etc. The opposite happens when they leave.

The reason for this is because Battelog ranks servers higher based on their percentage full. So if there are 2 people on an "8" player server, it appears 25% full, rather than 2 people on a 48 player server which is less than 0.5% full. This should mean that more players are more likely to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

danniemcq wrote: »

It's mostly after 8 each night that the server begins to fill up. Was on last night and joined on my own just to start the server up and drove round in tanks blowing stuff up until it started to fill. Needs 1 or 2 to get it going then random punters see it and join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah right!

i thought it was showing that due to lack of interest with playing on an empty server and that it got "stuck" on a map type.

That makes sense though!

Craggy now set up for double XP weekend.

Friday
    - Seine Crossing
    - Normal settings
    - 5000 tickets
    Saturday
    - Kharg/Damavand rotation
    - 5000 ticket Kharg, instant vehicles
    - 400 Damavand, normal settings
    Sunday
    - Bazaar/Noshahr rotation
    - 5000 ticket Bazaar, normal settings
    - 400 ticket Noshahr, instant vehicles

Just to make it a bit clearer that it's conquest and rush we're running:

Friday
    - Seine Crossing Conquest 2500 tickets
    - Tehran Highway Rush 200 tickets
    Saturday
    - Kharg Island 2500 tickets
    - Damavand Rush 200 tickets
    Sunday
    - 2500 ticket Bazaar conquest
    - 200 ticket Noshahr rush

some great games on Saturday night...really enjoyed Kharg and got a shedload of points in my jets :D

But the highlight for me was Teheran highway..it really is a fantastic map with about 30 people on it and I'd rate it as one of the best.
    Just a few vehicles to satisfy the armor whorebags and a whole load of people running around in the dark....;)
    Was like a turkey shoot :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

some great games on Saturday night...really enjoyed Kharg and got a shedload of points in my jets :D

But the highlight for me was Teheran highway..it really is a fantastic map with about 30 people on it and I'd rate it as one of the best.
    Just a few vehicles to satisfy the armor whorebags and a whole load of people running around in the dark....;)
    Was like a turkey shoot :D

Tehran was a blast, except when you were hacking :pac:

5uspect wrote: »
    Tehran was a blast, except when you were hacking :pac:

lo..he was just sour I had a higher killcount than him :D
    What was funny was I was using the M40 and I selected the wrong scope (that stupid one with the arrows) and I kept shooting above targets as i couldn't see them with the scope...that guy then bunnyhopped into my bullet :D

Makes me think we should do Teheran or Kharg once a week with 1K tickets or something :D

lads..they've finally done it!!!!!..
    Battlefield Friends finally released a video based on SingSongWilly :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1FTs2gi1c&list=UU71wS-AQtrbBwEP2G0WreFg&index=1&feature=plcp

Makes me think we should do Teheran or Kharg once a week with 1K tickets or something :D
    I think that's a good idea. :)

We could set it up every weekend to play a few 1000 ticket maps...

Tomorrow we'll be running some high ticket maps to see how it goes. If it goes well, we'll be running it every weekend. Here are the maps:

Seine Conquest - Damavand Rush - Firestorm Conquest - Tehran Rush - Bazaar Conquest
    1000 tickets for conquest and 150 tickets for rush.

SERVER: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/

This will kick-in when we get 10 players on the server. Until then it'll be regular small maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone else not seeing the CI server? It's no longer in my favourites, and the below shortcut doesn't lead to a server.
    Decryptor wrote: »

Is the server down? Got two others (on the CI TS) to confirm that they also can't see it. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-Mixed-Modes-Conquest-TDM-Whorebags-Only/ gives me a 404 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

the_syco wrote: »
    Anyone else not seeing the CI server? It's no longer in my favourites, and the below shortcut doesn't lead to a server.

Gone for me aswell.I hope they remembered to pay the rental fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Annnd... it's back up. Too late to have a game, though :(

Yeah, the server crashed with about 17 people on it. Obviously it's back up again - someone must have restarted it.

Some good games last night and the server was practically full from 9pm onwards..
    Must look at the maplist and tweak it a small bit to bring in some more maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Raging, GFX card crashed out again during a really enjoyable round of Damavand CQ last night. Really must change it out, stoopid vertical lines.

p.s. I hate Running Shovel

We've added a second Craggy server which will focus on 16 player maps and the new DLC maps.
    All maps are included and Conquest/Rush/TDM/Gunmaster.

TS Server with 20 slots also available.

BF3 Server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/0ba5be88-eee2-40de-bf64-58fc31ee5f42/Craggy-Island-Server-2-CQ-DLCs-All-Modes-Maps/
    Teamspeak:
    Server : eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

If there only 16 player server dont have big maps on it or else the server will just empty when a big map comes along

If there only 16 player server dont have big maps on it or else the server will just empty when a big map comes along

oh yeah..forgot there's a smaller mapsize than conquest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

We dont you just have the small city maps infantry only plus the CQ maps that would make a good server

• Advertisement

We dont you just have the small city maps infantry only plus the CQ maps that would make a good server

that's what I'm going to do :)
    The ios version of procon doesn't support the new dlc yet so have to do it later on this evening.
    I've updated it with most of the small maps so let's see how it goes..

and Mick..you'll love this...no insane balancer so your uber squad stays intact :D

Advertisement