Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

x2 XP... nobody on Craggy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Chorcai wrote: »
    x2 XP... nobody on Craggy ?
    I was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did you remove that crap Rush map ?...the one where one team has teh AC130 and the other team just dies as they dont have jets.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you remove that crap Rush map ?...the one where one team has teh AC130 and the other team just dies as they dont have jets.
    You mean all rush maps?

Some of them have jets though, which is ok . If you can get a decent pilot you can at least have a chance against the C130 team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Changes coming in to make the AC130 more resilient to AA fire, and also to enable people to spawn on the squad leader, etc.

If you do do any Rush maps, try doing a long vehicle respawn time, so the gameplay is better. Have found the 1PARA guys do this, and the gameplay is a lot better.

Also, what sup with the server being extra quite lately? Any time I check it recently, it's empty :|

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the_syco wrote: »

Also, what sup with the server being extra quite lately? Any time I check it recently, it's empty :|

i think everyone looks, sees its empty and moves on if they joined then more would (eventually)

Anyone up for a game on there tonight?

I've noticed it too, noone even on my Battlelog anymore, I think they're all off playing DayZ instead :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Anyone up for a game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ only seeing this now.. :(
    Was checking earlier on and very few people on.

also has the novelty of AK died down?
    If people like we can start adding back in the normal maps as well to mix it up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

4people on . Was sure more would take the bait and join.

Should maybe choose a night for BF3 , instead of a few coming on here and there.
    One night where everyone knows everyone will go Craggy, I can do almost any :)

Half the problem also is that Origin is a useless tool for communication.
    I never have mine On or logged in unless I am going to play Battlefield, whereas I'll have STEAM open all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah Im not much use when it comes to playing certain nights having to work round full flexible work schedule but ill do my best to get on which ever night is chosen. Yeah i think alot of is down to origin as well I only go on to have a quick look at the craggy server and see if anyone is playing on it if not i just turn it off again.

Had some good games with danniemcq and 5uspect last night.

Maybe if we play Mondays and Wednesdays between 21:30 and 23:00 (when the server usually got busy before AK), the server would fill up better?

Last night just ended up with me and Syco playing TS on Armoured Shield. I managed to win by hopping out of my Tank Destroyer and hiding in a crater like a hero!

the_syco wrote: »
    Had some good games with danniemcq and 5uspect last night.

Maybe if we play Mondays and Wednesdays between 21:30 and 23:00 (when the server usually got busy before AK), the server would fill up better?

yeah sounds like a plan..normally wed nights suit a lot of the craggy regulars..

have barely been on myself as I got bored off AK after about 2 days...and being playing Day-Z which is really awesome..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone playing tonight?

Clareman wrote: »
    Anyone playing tonight?

be on shortly :)

Might pop in later.

Might change the TS server to a mumble server...
    TS is really ****ing up my pc and specifically the xfi card at the moment.
    Creative and TS just don't play nice together and there are numerous reports/complaints about it on the TS forums.
    It's a pain in the ass as TS is better than Vent but Mumble I rate even better plus there's a nice overlay as well.

Any objections?

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Might change the TS server to a mumble server...
    Creative and TS just don't play nice together and there are numerous reports/complaints about it on the TS forums.
    It's a pain in the ass as TS is better than Vent but Mumble I rate even better plus there's a nice overlay as well.

Any objections?
    :(

I'm not really against it, but don't have any issues with TS considering I have an X-Fi. :)

Also, not sure if it's just the boards mumble or mumble in general, but I tend to get a bad connection to it. Not sure why.

Ah heck, go for it :D

No complaints wither way here.

Also use an xfi, and it has never given me any problems.

You do have your onboard sound switched off in the BIOS, yeah? That caused me problems in games before.

it's an onboard xfi chipset (one of the gigaybte boards)
    Yeah it' a very random issue..had it with my titanium x-fi as well and it was a frakking pain in the ass.
    We'll leave teamspeask in place then for the moment since I'm the only one...but it better frakking behave :D

Have added back in the usual maps like Bazaar, Seine, Caspian, Metro etc.

Was also thinking of setting it to Metro Hardcore maybe one night a week with 1000 tickets or higher?

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i guess we could discuss it on TS....

yeha it doesn't have to be Metro..could easily be Seine or Caspian etc....something to get more people onto the server :)
    Or reintroduce Infantry only nights etc ..

yeha it doesn't have to be Metro..could easily be Seine or Caspian etc....something to get more people onto the server :)
    Or reintroduce Infantry only nights etc ..
    I honestly think that if we have a few people to get it going, it doesn't matter what maps are on. I'll look into that plugin to automatically put it back on metro when the server empties.

I honestly think that if we have a few people to get it going, it doesn't matter what maps are on. I'll look into that plugin to automatically put it back on metro when the server empties.

yeah although noticing that it's fairly quiet lately..would be nice to have it filled throughout the day as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

are you guys throwing in AK/CQ maps into the mix?

my CC isnt working so i cant purchase premium yet :(

Advertisement