Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

some great games last night..
    If you're looking to come onto the server join in on TS and ask me to make room for you (if there's strangers on the server of course :D) or mick fitz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Blazer wrote: »
    If you're looking to come onto the server join in on TS and ask me to make room for you (if there's strangers on the server of course :D) or mick fitz ;)

How do i join the team speak? Never used it before..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

download the teamspeak program (its a stand alone program)

do all the set up to get it working correctly (just follow the steps in setup and it will sort out mic levels and things like that)

then if you use the menu at the top there is a connect. Click it and a new window opens where it asks for the server address. The craggy address is on here somewhere i'll add it here now in a few mins. EDIT teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

If you add me as a friend danniemcq and see me online send me a message if you are having issues as i'm trying to work through this on memory!

you can add the server to your favourites then in the settings for easy access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

danniemcq wrote: »
    download the teamspeak program (its a stand alone program)

do all the set up to get it working correctly (just follow the steps in setup and it will sort out mic levels and things like that)

then if you use the menu at the top there is a connect. Click it and a new window opens where it asks for the server address. The craggy address is on here somewhere i'll add it here now in a few mins.

If you add me as a friend danniemcq and see me online send me a message if you are having issues

Cheers, on my friends list already, gonna install now and try it out

you can search for the server now anyway even if its empty you'll still be able to connect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Starting to think you have a crush on me m8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Starting to think you have a crush on me m8 :)
    I think the crush is just on your stats, sure he isn't a 10th the player you are :D

Decryptor wrote: »
    I think the crush is just on your stats, sure he isn't a 10th the player you are :D

ah now Mick isn't that bad..I'd say half the player I am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Hey Guys,

(TheGaelicWarrior) here. as you might be aware, there are now 2 Craggy Island servers running.

One running Close Quarters and 3 of the city maps for up to 16 players and the original server which I'm now adminning with bogsn1per and Shamrock.

On the main server I've brought it down to 32 players from 48 and we will be actively adminning this server. The insane balancer is gone now and we just balance the numbers. Squads will stay in tact etc so its not frustrating anymore. Also we've tried to adjust the tickets so they are correct for each map.

We've a mix of Rush/Conquest on what we feel are the most fun maps with great feedback so far but we've love your suggestions and feedback. as this is a 32 player server we've not included the 3/4 very large maps like firestorm and kharg but please feel free to jump on our teamspeak channel and join in or add me on Battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/TheGaelicWarrior/stats/396432873/

Teamspeak:

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

Main server - 32player Rush/Conquest:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-Rush-Conquest-Free-Beer/

Close Quarters server - 16player

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/0ba5be88-eee2-40de-bf64-58fc31ee5f42/Craggy-Island-CQ-City-Maps-Conquest-Dom-TDM-SDM-GM-Inf-Only/

Leinster7 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

(TheGaelicWarrior) here. as you might be aware, there are now 2 Craggy Island servers running.

One running Close Quarters and 3 of the city maps for up to 16 players and the original server which I'm now adminning with bogsn1per and Shamrock.

On the main server I've brought it down to 32 players from 48 and we will be actively adminning this server. The insane balancer is gone now and we just balance the numbers. Squads will stay in tact etc so its not frustrating anymore. Also we've tried to adjust the tickets so they are correct for each map.

We've a mix of Rush/Conquest on what we feel are the most fun maps with great feedback so far but we've love your suggestions and feedback. as this is a 32 player server we've not included the 3/4 very large maps like firestorm and kharg but please feel free to jump on our teamspeak channel and join in or add me on Battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/TheGaelicWarrior/stats/396432873/

Teamspeak:

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

Main server - 32player Rush/Conquest:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/Craggy-Island-Rush-Conquest-Free-Beer/

Close Quarters server - 16player

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/0ba5be88-eee2-40de-bf64-58fc31ee5f42/Craggy-Island-CQ-City-Maps-Conquest-Dom-TDM-SDM-GM-Inf-Only/
    Just to amend the above, I am NOT adminning the old Craggy server unless a few things change.

• Advertisement

Just to amend the above, I am NOT adminning the old Craggy server unless a few things change.

Hey Dycryptor, nothing is set in stone, bogsn1per and I just made some changes yesterday and all is open to discussion/improvement etc... We are just testing these settings now. Hit me up on TS dude.

Hey Dycryptor, nothing is set in stone, bogsn1per and I just made some changes yesterday and all is open to discussion/improvement etc... We are just testing these settings now. Hit me up on TS dude.
    Basically I'm upset because every ounce of work I had done to the server has now been changed. I'm also upset that you were made an admin out of the blue with no communication between admins. Some Craggy members donated far more than you and were given no admin rights.
    • I was just after going through every single setting on Insane Balancer to get it working which took about an hour to do, and was going to try it out over a few days. The balancer meant that teams were far more evenly matched when a game ended, and wasn't giving any problems whatsoever since I went through the settings.
    • I had the maplist sorted perfectly after a public vote was done between boards and all the Craggy regulars. This saw the server full on a few occasions, but it died down again as many players stopped playing up to when CQ was released.
    • 32 player Firestorm is perfect size IMO...
    • A TS server came with the CQ game server as well if anyone wants to use that instead: eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

Just to make it clear to everyone as there's some confusion of what's going on.

Craggy Island is a community rather than a clan. There is no head-admin of the group itself regardless of some people may think.

As such no one person owns or can claim it as it belongs to the group.
    There's nothing to stop another member from setting up a new server whether it be Battlefield or Arma/Red Orchestra and running it under the Craggy umbrella provided they’re a member of said group or a member of a Craggy Island platoon etc.

Bogsniper/Gaelic/Zeke are the admins of the 32man server while Shamrock and Airblazer are the admins of the 16 man server.

Right now we have 2 x Battlefield 3 servers running under the Craggy umbrella.
    Some people have talked about getting an Arma2/RO server which would be quite welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Well said Blazer...

I think all the regulars would agree with that anyways ...Its a gaming community not a dictatorship

Just to make it clear to everyone as there's some confusion of what's going on.

Craggy Island is a community rather than a clan. There is no head-admin of the group itself regardless of some people may think.

As such no one person owns or can claim it as it belongs to the group.
    There's nothing to stop another member from setting up a new server whether it be Battlefield or Arma/Red Orchestra and running it under the Craggy umbrella provided they’re a member of said group or a member of a Craggy Island platoon etc.

Bogsniper/Gaelic/Zeke are the admins of the 32man server while Shamrock and Airblazer are the admins of the 16 man server.

Right now we have 2 x Battlefield 3 servers running under the Craggy umbrella.
    Some people have talked about getting an Arma2/RO server which would be quite welcome :)

So this is where the umbrella corporations starts eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

For legal reasons Craggy Umbrella have the following announcement

we are in no way developing a "T- virus".

but once we have control of all gaming who knows.

So this is where the umbrella corporations starts eh?

Keep your ears open...we'll be announcing vacancies soon..
    We're particularly looking for people with the zombie skillset..don't worry if you don't have any..we'll provide..er..training :D

Headshots

crap i'm gonna be used as bait

Headshots

crap i'm gonna be used as bait

thought you'd be used to that since the other night :)

i guess bait is better than "gardening with an RPG"

• Advertisement

Basically I'm upset because every ounce of work I had done to the server has now been changed. I'm also upset that you were made an admin out of the blue with no communication between admins. Some Craggy members donated far more than you and were given no admin rights.
    • I was just after going through every single setting on Insane Balancer to get it working which took about an hour to do, and was going to try it out over a few days. The balancer meant that teams were far more evenly matched when a game ended, and wasn't giving any problems whatsoever since I went through the settings.
    • I had the maplist sorted perfectly after a public vote was done between boards and all the Craggy regulars. This saw the server full on a few occasions, but it died down again as many players stopped playing up to when CQ was released.
    • 32 player Firestorm is perfect size IMO...
    • A TS server came with the CQ game server as well if anyone wants to use that instead: eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

Hey dude,
    I never knew this and I'm sorry your upset. BogSn1per asked me to help out with the admin side since I have some experience and I was happy to. With regard to the server as I mentioned previously, nothing is set in stone. We should all discuss what are the best settings/maps for all who want to play.

My discussion with bogsn1per with regard to the changes we made was that we want to attract more patronage from the public/new regulars as well as old regulars.

After drafting opinion from 10 or so players who play regularly on Craggy it was decided that the auto balancer was frustrating most people with squads being broken up and people being switched each round so we have set it so that squads stay and teams are balanced upon new joiners or at new rounds. It may not be the answer but seems to be common amongst the popular/populated servers I frequent.

With regard to the maps, again you will never please 100% of people and the majority felt these maps in rush/conquest format represented the most enjoyable experiences. Of course if people want changes then make suggestions. eg. You are the first to say that you prefer Firestorm with 32 as most have told me they prefer it with 48/64. The maps we have chosen represent a balance of infantry/vehicles which we felt work well with 16-32 players in the server. Concensus was the larger maps work better with more people. If and when we are regularly filling the server with 32 players lets look at upping it to 48 and having larger maps there, why not? We are also going to trial allowing vehicles form the start, no 5v5 rule as this is after all ...Battlefield! Also now we have implemented a map vote option at the end of rounds so the players have the POWER to choose!

I haven't seen you in the server or Teamspeak the last two days. I think Admins should be discussing all these things constructively so that we can give the best experience to our regulars while drawing new players to the server and keeping it full and busy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Craggy Island 32P:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/55ec134f-503f-4401-95cd-b4fc61da07b9/

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

After drafting opinion from 10 or so players who play regularly on Craggy it was decided that the auto balancer was frustrating most people with squads being broken up and people being switched each round so we have set it so that squads stay and teams are balanced upon new joiners or at new rounds. It may not be the answer but seems to be common amongst the popular/populated servers I frequent.

Think this has been a bone of contention for some, but think if a poll was done that most regulars would think the autobalancer works and leads to even and close games more often that not.

I agree about filling the server with regulars and randomers, I want to play on a full server with a good team in communication, while also having a laugh. If you look back on this thread to the start of May a lot of work was done with maps and for a good while the server was getting plenty of play all through the day and more so in the evenings. The map types seemed to suit and think that CQ has taken a bit of traffic from them as was always going to happen.

Votemap is great, love that plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Gaelic, you're being used as a proxy by Bogsniper to annoy the Craggy LAN players, who've mostly been together since bf2 days.

Well, if people feel that way DeWinter, I'll happily relinquish my admin rights as it seems it might be more hassle than its worth. I can start my own server anytime but I like playing with you guys ;)

Well, if people feel that way DeWinter, I'll happily relinquish my admin rights as it seems it might be more hassle than its worth. I can start my own server anytime but I like playing with you guys ;)
    I think you'd do a good job as admin, but unfortunately I think DeWinter is right. JT made you an admin straight after "falling out" with Jay (Airblazer) after he bought the CQ server, which is just a bit suspicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 plaguemarine 11

My problem is you weren't voted in by any existing members you were just handed the keys . As for the changes , how are they for existing members when existing and vet members were never involved ?
    On the personal side I won't play under someone who calls people's game style into question and well calls them .. Gay .
    I've paid for craggy , helped out and even took time off work for matches and turned up for all the matchs . You don't just walk in !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 plaguemarine 11

My problem is you weren't voted in by any existing members you were just handed the keys . As for the changes , how are they for existing members when existing and vet members were never involved ?
    On the personal side I won't play under someone who calls people's game style into question and well calls them .. Gay .
    I've paid for craggy , helped out and even took time off work for matches and turned up for all the matchs . You don't just walk in !

And at least change your clan tag from bro to ci if your in craggy .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

. You don't just walk in !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrVGiuch1ag

sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrFitt

Joeface wrote: »

...Class Joey........And you guy's need to have a group hug, settle your differences and get on board

I have a Scar -H round or two with your names on it.........

:)

• Advertisement

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Think this has been a bone of contention for some, but think if a poll was done that most regulars would think the autobalancer works and leads to even and close games more often that not.

Agreed..only 1 or 2 people did not like the autobalancer which was why we left it on. If you look back through this thread you'll see this.
    Maplist looks good although I'm going to miss Caspian and Firestorm..

Advertisement